May 2019 Moms

Re: Randoms 11/26

• We didn't have a weekend Randoms thread 🤔 also, @expandcontract where you at? Everything okay? 

The board has been pretty dead the last week, maybe it'll liven up some now that the holidays are over. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @eatinwatermelonseeds That is so nice!! The amount of baby items is so overwhelming! I am an indecisive person so all of the choices is definitely hard plus I tend to me cheap so thankfully I had my husband pushing me to pick of better versions of things 😂
  • Today is our first snow day of the year! DD2 woke up at 4:55am crying that her ear hurt, so it is a good day to stay home and snuggle. ☕
    kids with flags
  • @lappymom2019 I am too! Actually one of the things she got, I had just been thinking "do we really need that? That's $40 we could spend elsewhere" and then it showed up on my doorstep 😂 it's super cute so I'm excited. I tried to "design" my registry in a way that if no one bought anything from it, I could buy everything with no big issues. So there are some cheap things. No one used my registry much at all last time so we still ended up needing a lot. 
  • We didn't have any holidays, just a busy weekend at home.  DH worked all weekend, but thankfully not long days.  On Saturday MIL and I took the girls downtown for the kickoff to Christmas.  We saw Santa and took a wagon ride around the downtown area of our little town (not quite enough snow for the horse-drawn sleigh yet).  We came home, pulled out the Christmas tree and got most of the house decorated.  I have to go down today to buy a few strands of outdoor lights though.  All of our stuff is still in storage and MIL said they never replaced their outdoor Christmas lights when the previous ones stopped working, they just stopped putting any up outside.  DD2 is very concerned about this so we have to get some lights up asap.  I have so many packed away, but I'll buy just a few more so we can string some up in the trees in the front yard.

DH is coaching the competitive senior hockey team this year.  Saturday night was their home opener and it was kind of a big deal.  My kids usually go to bed between 7 and 8pm but they really wanted to go so we took a chance with the 8pm game and figured I'd just come home if they were awful.  All in all, they did really well.  The rink has a track around the outer edge of the bleachers which provides the kids with a nice big area to goof around a bit out of the stands.  DD2 ended up legit running laps around the track during the 3rd period because she was bored 😂  And then they both slept in until after 9:30am 🙌🙌🙌 I don't think we'll make a habit of going to all the home games, but the occasional one might be more manageable than I had initially thought.  
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers   Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • It was a weird weekend for us. 

Saturday, we had our first family Christmas. (DH's family always does it super early because the Christmas season is so busy.) So, we drove 2 hours, were one of the first people there, settled in to decorate gingerbread men, and I saw a little red spot on DD2's finger. Normally, I would disregard, but her daycare has had 4 confirmed cases of hand foot and mouth. So, I freaked out, bundled her back in the car (after being there for half an hour!) and drove another 2 hours home. DH and DD1 stayed so they could have a nice afternoon. And, of course, since DH sucks at this kind of thing, he didn't even make me a plate of food even though I asked him too. He said it was "too chaotic". Thanks dude.

Anyway, DD2's little spot cleared up by the next morning and she's been fine - no fever, no loss of appetite, no other spots - so I definitely overreacted. 

We stayed home Sunday morning anyway and cleaned. We got our entryway sorted out. We haven't had any sort of storage for coats and boots in months since our front foyer didn't get tiled until last week. It has been slowly sending me mad, so I was so happy to get our hutch back in place and filled with all the coats and shoes and that were scattered all over the house. Once cleaned, we put up our Christmas tree, which has a section of lights out so it looked totally wonky, but DD1 had a blast putting on the decorations and SHE COULD DO IT HERSELF THIS YEAR which is a total game changer.

DD1: June 2014 - VBM4lyfe
    DD2: October 2016
    DC3: coming May 2019

• @k2k2tog my tree has a section of lights out :neutral: but I just add move to mask it. Your daughter probably had a blast decorating the tree!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• @missy052819 oh, there is no masking this. It's a fake tree that comes in three sections. The whole middle section is out. I'm sure there's a lightbulb out, but what a pain it will be trying to find it! I think we might as well just buy a new string of lights.

• @k2k2tog yes just add a new lights to that middle section! Do you do white or colored lights? 

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• We had a blizzard here in Chicago so @expandcontract may be dealing with that as well. I’m able to work from home today, but our internet is not working so that won’t work. I’m still suffering from this god awful pregnancy cold that is making me absolutely miserable so I just called in to work. I’m pissed off that we didn’t get a real snow day since all the schools are closed in our area and now I have to take an another sick day . DDs day care is open, but DH is home so we are just keeping her home today. 

Also somehow DDs diaper came off and she peed all over her PJs this morning. It’s been that kind of day 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️. I’m looking forward to a 3 hour nap later today.

• @brie_and_almonds aw snuggle up! I hope she feels better soon.

@eatinwatermelonseeds The same thing happens to my registry too so I am expecting to have to buy most of it myself.

I am impressed with all of the decorating you all have done! We got our tree but I didn't finish putting the lights on. I am calling it a win though because this weekend was the most active I have been in months!
  • @missy052819 they're white which makes me nervous for matching them. It's soooo hard to tell in the store if they're going to be the same white. Worse case scenario, we'll pull all the lights and go with coloured ones instead. I think the kids would love colours.

• The first thing I'm doing when we get into the new house is putting our tree up. Get everything in the house, and first thing I'm unpacking is Christmas decorations. It's happening. Might even buy a tiny tree for the family room because we'll likely spend more time there but it's too small for the big tree. Gah. I'm so excited 😂
  • Sneak Peek is having $20 off their test (so $59) and H is still saying it's too expensive. So boo to that. I want to find out!

• @DuchessOfCambridge ummmmm I'll be having s convo with DH about that because I'm antsy to know too!!!

I have my box of extra Christmas lights ready to take back to work after my lunch to put them up in my classroom...I'm alsi hoping I can score a free tree on FB Marketplace...wonder if I'll get lucky!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • We didn't have a weekend Randoms thread 🤔 also, @expandcontract where you at? Everything okay? 

The board has been pretty dead the last week, maybe it'll liven up some now that the holidays are over. 
    Hi! Im here! Sorry I've been so MIA. I tried to catch up yesterday or the day before but it's been crazy with Thanksgiving and I'm back to getting sick every night again.  I don't know what that's about but around 3-4 PM I'll get real nauseous, chills,  weakness,  and body aches. Im useless.  
    @eatinwatermelonseeds Im so sorry your husband had that crazy scare with the choking! Im so glad you were able to save him! How is he feeling now? 
    As @chloe97 said, we got a huge blizzard last night.  Surprisingly,  my boss let us work from home which she NEVER does (she usually makes us take PTO but we can't work from home.)
    Our internet and cable tv was out but thankfully it's back up.  Thank you so much to the engineers who risk their lives and brave this crazy weather to allow us to enjoy these luxuries!! 

• Sorry I'm contributing to the quietness haha. Not much has been going on. OH, I did get a Maxi Cosi car seat for only $170. Pretty proud of that one haha
  • @eatinwatermelonseeds I wasn't there when DH choked on steak but I make sure he cuts it into much smaller pieces! It's been 14 or 15 years and it was still such a traumatic event. I think I might have mentioned this but they said he had a smaller than normal esophagus. Did they say anything like that about your husband? I use this to try to get him to cut his food smaller (he's lazy with stuff like that).

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Lurking...

@eatinwatermelonseeds I started the Randoms on the July board and chose the exact same GIF. 😂😂😂 I was quite confused when I opened this thread and saw it. 
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • @nopegoat 😂😂😂 great minds! 
  • @kvh22 they didn't mention a cause, I just assumed he took more than he could handle (I have a dirty mind 😂). But I'm wondering honestly if the mass on his thyroid could've been related. I don't know. According to the CT (I think) it was deviating his trachea, so it seems to be causing some issues in there. He also had issues with his lungs and multiple abnormally placed lymph nodes in his abdomen. It was strange. He's never had any issues like this before, but I may ask his NP about it. I didn't see anything on the CT results indicating any issues with his esophagus and the GI physician didn't say anything after the endoscopy. 
  • @eatinwatermelonseeds you TOTALLY saved him! I don't care whether the heimlich was indicated or not.. you still got him to the ER in time and helped keep him calm.  And btw, I understand the feeling that you stay calm with anyone else but when it's your loved one, it's completely different.  
    I had that experience when my daughter was playing with a knife in her mouth.  I COMPLETELY FROZE. 
    So glad to know he's doing better and pain is better.  
    Also, it is possible the enlarged thyroid was obstructing him. I've seen those cases.  Praying that whatever he has is benign and can easily be taken care of.  

• @expandcontract I've had moments like that too. If it's someone else, it's scary obviously, but you're better able to focus on the problem at hand. If it's someone you care about it's hard to look past that to see the actual issue and walk yourself through the necessary steps. Plus, I'm just a baby nurse lol. My in laws are the grown up nurses, which is why I wanted to get there so badly last week. I felt so lost. 
  • Ugh. I need to go through my son's toys and donate/throw away/ pack, but I'm exhausted and feel nauseated. I can't get out of bed. I'm going to give myself an hour and a half to nap then force myself out of bed. I must pack. I can't do it while he's home because suddenly every toy is his favorite toy and nothing can go. 
  • Today is a good day to catch up on the bump. I was also quiet last week, but today I'm receiving my first round of new meds for Crohn's, and it's a three hour infusion appointment, so I'm working, bumping, and napping.
    Me: 36 & DH: 40
    Married: November 2015
    DD 10/19/2016
    BFP:  8/20/2018 - EDD 5/4/2019
  • @eatinwatermelonseeds It could very easily be related to his thyroid! Before my celiac diagnose I had a huge goiter from hypothyroid. I always felt like I had a lump in my throat and it made it hard to swallow. Plus I also would get hoarse and have sore throats easily. All of that went away once it shrunk.
  • @lovelybabybumpz Thinking about you today! 

• @DuchessOfCambridge Try making a deal with him! That’s a great price, and I’m sure they’ll throw in pictures and a dvd too! We just went on Saturday, and it really is so much fun even though husband prob thought it was a bit ridiculous to spend the money to find out early. 🤷🏼‍♀️ 

I feel like I just can’t stay caught up in here anymore! Things seem to be so busy lately with Christmas around the corner! Our weekend was a bit of a roller coaster of emotions. We found out we’re having a girl at the early ultrasound place. So much fun, and so exciting! Also a little bittersweet too since I know DS won’t have the chance at a brother bond, and I won’t get to pass sweet clothes down to another boy, but I also know if this baby had been a boy, I’d be a a little disappointed about not having a daughter and getting to experience a son and daughter. I had a feeling it was a girl, but I really didn’t have a preference, so I’m a little surprised to be feeling this way. Hormones I guess? 🤷🏼‍♀️ 

Late Saturday night we found out my husband’s grandfather had a stroke. It’s not looking good at all, and it’s breaking my heart. He’s such a kind man and probably my favorite of my husband’s family. He’s been unconscious and has it in his hospital derivative (I believe that’s what it’s called) that he doesn’t want a feeding tube or any other type of life support. Surgery isn’t an option given his age, so it’s basically just a waiting game right now. My husband is really close with him, so I know this is hard for him. I hate feeling so helpless. Such shitty timing too. 

To end on a lighter note, is anyone doing a cute Christmas pregnancy (if you haven’t already announced) or “gender” (sex) reveal on social media? I feel like we just announced our pregnancy, but I kind of want to think of a cute way to announce we’re having a girl because it’s Christmas time and too cute of an opportunity not to 💁🏼‍♀️

• @k2k2tog how is the house remodel coming? Are you almost done? 
  • @lovelybabybumpz I hope your treatment goes well! 
  • @megsb615 I'm so sorry to hear about your husband's grandfather  and it sounds like family dynamics are not helping (Monday bitchfest post).

We're thinking of doing a general announcement with a Christmas picture of our dog. I just have to get my shit together enough to organize it  
  • @knarlytaurus Thank you. My in laws definitely bring an interesting dynamic to any situation. 

That will be cute! I thought about trying to do a picture of DS hanging a pink ornament on the Christmas tree, but we don’t even have our tree yet, and the chances of DS cooperating are very low. 😂 
  • @knarlytaurus
    Thanks! It wasn't bad. A little long because they had to go REALLY slow to make sure I didn't have any sort of reaction. But I got some work done and some quiet time!

Me: 36 & DH: 40
    Married: November 2015
    DD 10/19/2016
    BFP:  8/20/2018 - EDD 5/4/2019
  • @megsb615 Congratulations on your sweet baby girl. I felt the same way finding out I'm having a boy, so totally normal lol. I probably would've been a little sad it wasn't a boy if it had been a girl. So, it's whatever. It'll pass, I promise. I'm so excited now. 

I'm so sorry about your husband's grandfather. That's so sad 😞 I had to think for a minute and it's actually a directive, but so close I wasn't 100% sure it was wrong at first 😂 I hope that you and your husband are able to find some peace. Sending lots of hugs your way.
  • @eatinwatermelonseeds yes! That’s what it’s called. Thank you! He’s at least gotten to live a full life being 92. He was actually on the way back from Texas from spending thanksgiving with his long time girlfriend, so I’m glad he was able to have one last great trip with her and make it back home. 🙂

Congratulations on your baby boy too! I’m definitely excited, but I’m not sure I’m ready to part with DS’ sweet baby clothes yet. However, I know I’ll need to sell them for money for girl clothes 😂
  • @megsb615 sorry to hear about your husbands grandfather. It is so hard when family is seriously ill. 

I am jealous of all the decorating! Hoping we can do our trek to the Christmas tree farm this weekend and decorate, but it is a really busy weekend and Sunday is the start of Hanukkah so I also have to get organized for that too. There are just not enough hours in the day!