May 2019 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 10/29

Re: Weekly Randoms 10/29

• Options
    My sciatic nerve is killing me! I think it’s time to invest in a pregnancy pillow. I was looking online at Amazon and I can’t decided between a C shape, U shape, or Boppy total body pillow. My old one was a Boppy total body pillow and I did like it because it went under the belly a bit in the front and supported it. The other kinds don’t seem to do that from the pics. Any STM have any experience using either the U or C shape later in pregnancy?
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• Options
    @robyn2201 I have this one: https://smile.amazon.com/Leachco-Snoogle-Pregnancy-Maternity-Pillow/dp/B0000635WI

I got it last pregnancy and love it. I even pulled it back out again when I stopped doing any MOTN feedings (it was too much with my nursing pillow, too), before getting pregnant again.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @chloe97 I hope so, but I'm not that hopeful. For her bridal shower, there were a lot of physical, boxed presents, but many were things my friend didn't ask for. It seemed like a lot of her relatives were just really clueless because their useless, non-registry presents were kind of lame but they thought they were amazing and/or hilarious. For example, and I don't even know how to say this without sounding like an ass, but someone gave her a Mr. Right/Mrs. Always Right towel set and nothing else - so I'm fully expecting the same crowd to have their hilarious onesies or mommy's wine glass gag gifts all boxed up and wrapped.

I know you don't need a ton of stuff when you bring baby home, but it's nice to have all ready, especially since I know my friend is going to be truly alone with no friends or family around her where she lives. I also had a Dec baby like she is going to have, and I was super thankful to not have to run out of the house with a newborn in freezing temps to buy stuff.
    Me: 33 DH: 34
    Married: Oct 2015
    TTC #1: Sept 2016
    BFP: 10/19/16 ~ blighted ovum ~ D&C 11/23/16
    BFP: 3/24/17   <3  DD1 born 12/2/17
    TTC #2: July 2018
    BFP: 8/26/18 <3  DD2 born 5/16/19

• Options
    @kvh22 I say I only want two, but who knows how I may feel when baby #2 isn’t a little baby anymore haha I do think raising one of each would be fun. I’d like to think I’d have someone to hang out with while H and DS are playing golf or whatever. Kids are expensive though soo 🤷🏼‍♀️

@robyn2201 I have he c shaped one, and it’s a dream to snuggle up in!
    PharMeDoc Full Body Pregnancy... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0153X1M14?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf
  • Options
    @imrachellea Yayy! So glad to hear it went well! I was so much more emotional about the heartbeat than I was about the ultrasounds! Cried tears of joy!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @mrskoz428 I kept checking in while I was in the waiting room for your update 😆
  • Options
    lol at your tired tube @eatinwatermelonseeds

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options
    @eatinwatermelonseeds If I’m being honest, my sanity would never make it with 3 kids. Sometimes I’m not so sure how it’ll be with 2. 😂
  • Options
    @sleepy33 😂 she's tired! She's spit out 3 fertilized eggs already. And last we knew she was blocked, so I'm honestly surprised she spit this one out. I'll be pretty surprised if I don't end up having lefty removed at some point too. 
  • Options
    @megsb615 I question myself frequently about whether I'll be able to handle what's about to happen lol. 
  • Options
    @eatinwatermelonseeds Thank goodness I’m not alone. I just keep praying baby #2 will be a laid back baby like DS was bc I have a feeling DS being almost 3 when baby #2 gets here is going to be challenging.  

@robyn2201 If it makes you feel any better, the people I know with more than 2 say going from 2 to 3 wasn’t as bad as 1 to 2. 🤷🏼‍♀️ With 3, you’re outnumbered though, so I don’t know. haha 
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    @megsb615 ugh I'm praying #2 will be a laid-back baby like DS WASN'T 😂 can I put in an order now? No crying for hours a night, no eczema, allergies, asthma, or autism, happy a lot, sleeps through the night well before 16 months, isn't afraid of water for most of its life making bath time a nightmare. Hm. I'm sure I'll think of more 😂 but also still sweet and funny and loves me like DS does. 
  • Options
    @eatinwatermelonseeds You’re absolutely due for a super laid back baby! I feel like I won’t get lucky with an easy baby twice, and baby #2 will probably rock our world. DS slept pretty good until started sleeping in his crib. We still hold him to fall asleep before putting him to bed, and last night he ended up sleeping with us. We’re going to need a bigger bed for sure. 😳
  • Options
    @megsb615 I have heard that from some people. 

And my girls are really self sufficient if they want to be. They can get themselves breakfast. My oldest can even make scrambled eggs and Mac n cheese by herself and work the microwave. But sometimes I ask them to do the simplest thing like pick up their shoes and put them away in the shoe box, and my youngest is suddenly a puddle on the floor and can’t walk. So I don’t know.. 🤷🏻‍♀️
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• Options
    @megsb615 DS slept in his own bed until almost 3 years old. Now we're still trying to get him out of ours. I'm not going to make it through this pregnancy if we don't get a king. 
  • Options
    robyn2201 said:
    @megsb615 I have heard that from some people. 

And my girls are really self sufficient if they want to be. They can get themselves breakfast. My oldest can even make scrambled eggs and Mac n cheese by herself and work the microwave. But sometimes I ask them to do the simplest thing like pick up their shoes and put them away in the shoe box, and my youngest is suddenly a puddle on the floor and can’t walk. So I don’t know.. 🤷🏻‍♀️
    This made me laugh and laugh

• Options
    I'm about ready to completely lose it at technology. A couple weeks ago my phone just randomly deleted almost all of my music out of my Google Music app. It would not restore no matter how much I tried, gave me a message that there was nothing to restore. Which is complete BS because I had just been listening to it less than a week before. I discovered the music is still on my phone in my files, but I can't for the life of me get it transferred back in the app to actually listen to. I finally got around to trying to do it on my computer with my phone plugged in to transfer. It WILL NOT WORK. I don't know what to do! The music is there but it won't go to the right place on my phone to actually be usable! I'm literally about tearing my hair out because this is ridiculous and I never took it off the app in the first place, and now there is seemingly no way to fix it! On the computer app it gives me the option to select all the folders I want to transfer...except when I click the button to do so it WON'T! I'm getting so irritated at the computer, that DD1 just stopped playing and was like ".....what is WRONG?" UGH UGH UGH (sorry, I'm being overly dramatic but I'm beyond frustrated)
  • Options
    @robyn2201 I guess at least they CAN be self sufficient when they want to be 😂  

@eatinwatermelonseeds I hear ya. I thought about suggesting to Husband that a king size bed be our Christmas present to each other this year.  
  • Options
    By the way @robyn2201 I have the same pregnancy pillow @megsb615 shared and it did tuck under my bump. It’s easy to manipulate to be what you want. I already use it under my stomach and there’s not much bump 😂

• Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge I think I ordered it a couple of days after you suggested it. I use it whenever DS isn’t in bed with us 😂 
  • Options
    I have an incredibly random question. Does anyone have any experience with donating eggs? 
  • Options
    @megsb615 @DuchessOfCambridge Pillow ordered! Thanks ladies! 

• Options
    @robyn2201 Hope you love it! 
  • Options
    @megsb615 I'm glad you liked it too! I just thought I'd give it another thumbs up because I had bad sciatica earlier this week. I don't necessarily think the pillow relieved it but it felt better to be able to have support than not.

• Options
    I have an incredibly random question. Does anyone have any experience with donating eggs? 
    Like hen eggs or human eggs?

• Options
    @eatinwatermelonseeds I briefly thought about (not truly) selling my eggs in college for money and got SO freaked when I got an FB ad for egg donors. I didn’t even ask the internet about it I literally just THOUGHT it in the privacy of my own brain. Anyway I don’t think I could do it because it would be my genes and that makes me feel weird but I think it’s an amazing thing to do. Not the same but I’m going to donate cord blood this time around, I’m mad I got pamphlets about banking it for myself but not about how donating something I was planning on throwing away was highly likely to save a persons life. 

Sidenote, does anyone want to do a daily water challenge? We could do a weekly post but I’m struggling with water intake. 

• Options
    knarlytaurusknarlytaurus member
    edited November 2018
    @megsb615 @DuchessOfCambridge I just ordered the u shaped version of that pillow. I can't wait, but I think I'm going to have to battle my husband for it each night! He's got a nest of pillows over there. Thank goodness we have a king sized bed. We're so spoiled with it and love it. Now when we sleep in a queen sized bed, we wake up all cranky :) it my doesn't help that our giant 90lb. dog takes up at least the space of 1 human.
  • Options
    @k2k2tog that looks amazing, even with a couple things missing! Jealous!

@DuchessOfCambridge I would totally do a daily water challenge, I’m also struggling in that area
  • Options
    @k2k2tog Looks great!! Love your big island!

@DuchessOfCambridge I need to work on my water intake too, so I would be up for a water challenge! How much are we technically suppose to drink a day when pregnant? 

@knarlytaurus My husband says he needs a preg pillow too 😂 Seriously jealous of more space in a king, but I do love my bed. It’s so comfy, but when DS is in bed with us, he’s like a angry octopus with arms and legs everywhere, so it’s not very comfortable getting kicked and smacked in the face. 
  • Options
    @k2k2tog Love it!

• Options
    @eatinwatermelonseeds I actually went through the screening process in my late 20s, got chosen, and started cycling to have my cycle canceled and banned from donating eggs bc I overstimulated on the meds. I was really freaked out I could never do IVF, but my RE said that the protocols have changed and they know how to deal with hyperstimulation now. 
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    @chloe97 oh wow! That's crazy! 

I was just looking into applying to a position at a fertility clinic (same one I talked about forever ago, still haven't sent them anything 🙈) and I ran across a link on their website that said "donate eggs," and I started thinking about it. I only have one tube, I don't plan on having more and I don't think I'll be able to anyway. We've already ruled out IVF as an option for us, so after this baby I am really considering donating my eggs. I do wonder though how my fertility issues may affect my ability to. It's always just been tubal to my knowledge. My right was removed due to hydrosalpinx, and patho just found cysts throughout it. I imagine it's just a matter of time before lefty joins in. I would love to help someone else. As of right now I'm disconnected from it being my genetics. Oh hmm. But I do have some mental issues. Not ideal. I don't know 🙄😂
  • Options
    @expandcontract just saw your comment lol. Human eggs. 😂