June 2019 Moms

Symptoms of the Week - 10/29

124»

Re: Symptoms of the Week - 10/29

• I’ve been feeling weird twinges all around my abdomen. Some have felt like they’re in the uterus, a lot have been just to the left, a few have been just to the right, and some are just in random places. PGAL brain has me worried about ectopic because so many have been on my left side, but because they’ve been all over too, I don’t think that’s likely what it is. It’s been like breif pinches almost that have been going on for days. I don’t remember having them last time. Has anyone else had similar symptoms?
  • @kjr9519 yup! Lol. That’s what I went to the Er for. It was all on my right side. Everything is fine though :) I think it’s just our bodies changing. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @kjr9519 Just please keep an eye on things, twinges are completely normal but I’ll add my experience in the spoiler 

TW** loss mentioned
    In feb of this year when I was around 6w pregnant I had some pretty painful cramping, it wasn’t on one side and felt like digestive issues. They didn’t go away and they felt better if I was laying down but never completely went away. It was definitely more than twinges but it was in the middle of my stomach so EP pains are not always one sided. After 2 days I finally got my drs office to do a US (I told them if they wouldn’t see me I was going to the ER) and they confirmed it was Ectopic. My pain wasn’t constant and I often thought it was just normal cramping but when it continued for a few days I knew something wasn’t right.

I’m not saying you should rush to the ER or your doctor but please just monitor yourself and if something doesn’t feel right call your doctor. Also, if you aren’t already drink plenty of water, I believe it helps with the twinges/cramping.
  • @drewsboo562 Yes. I wore Seabands 24/7 in my first pregnancy and I know they helped. Whenever I had to take them off (really only to shower) I felt 100 times worse. Get the stretchy kind. They don’t hurt, although they do leave marks, especially if you wear them for a prolonged amount of time. I have super tiny wrists so I always have to tighten mine with safety pins so they don’t slide around. 

I get all kinds of weird “cramping”, mild pains, stretching etc etc etc. I had it with DS too. I was always convinced something was wrong and was constantly calling my doctor, but they always just said “drink more water”. It just seems to be the way my body works when pregnant 🤷🏼‍♀️. I’m getting an early ultrasound done this week to make sure the baby is in my uterus and then I’m just going to do my best to ignore it unless the pain is severe. As long as baby is in the uterus, there’s no bleeding, and the pain isn’t severe, you should be ok (according to all the nurses and doctors I’ve called in a panic). 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • @kjr9519 that's what I went to the ER for last week too (although mine was all on the right side, and started wrapping around to my actual side, so I was worried about appendicitis too). It wound up being nothing, or at least nothing a dose of antibiotics didn't take care of, but my FP, the doc/surgeon in the ER, and my dad, who is also an FP, all said it was cause for concern, not alarm, and worth an investigation just to rule out any potential problems. It sucks, and most likely isn't anything, but if it keeps up you might call your OB and see what he/she thinks, if it's worth checking it out.
  • Thank you @antera23 @nmbrcrnchr1 @tuxielove93 and @ki1244 I’ll definitely be keeping an eye on it. For now they really are just twinges, and if anything they’ve only been uncomfortable, not really painful. I know if they do become painful, I’ll be seeing my doctor very soon. Drinking more water also does seem to help some.
  • Reading through this makes me realize that I’m not alone. 1st pregnancy, 8 weeks tomorrow and this has been a rough journey symptom-wise.

I’ve had all day nausea for the last 2+ weeks that has turned into the feeling of constantly needing to vomit, even when there’s nothing there. All foods gross me out and I’m struggling to get/keep anything down. Tried Unisom + B6 like my Dr. recommended and no luck.

My emotions have been all over the place and I’ve been almost angry about how sick I’ve been. Then I get mad at myself because I know how fortunate I am and I should be feeling grateful. I’m just praying this doesn’t last beyond the 1st trimester or the entire pregnancy... 😫
  • @tc_nyc maybe ask your doc about Diclegis or Bonjesta. It’s the same stuff as Unisom/B6 but the formulation is for extended release so it’s delivered differently. It might be worth a try. But I will tell you it only kind of works for me. I’d probably feel sicker and vomit more if I wasn’t taking it. 

Question for the group (and I think people were mentioning this before), but I’m almost 10 weeks and I feel like my stomach/abdomin feels so bloated. I feel like it’s making me feel like I’m already showing but I feel like it’s too early for that since it’s my first pregnancy. So the actual question - are others feeling this kind of bloat? Or would I actually be showing this early? Or am I just packing on some pounds? 🤪
  • @chrssyms with my first, I was unbelievably bloated around this time. Now I'm just gaining weight everywhere very quickly (from constantly eating to abate nausea and not moving due to exhaustion) and I'm not bloated. So the saying that every pregnancy is different seems true in my case.
  • Anyone else having eyelid twitching? I know I had it the first time (although not this early) and I cannot get it to stop. It's making me nuts. Any suggestions?
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • @tuxielove93 Bananas! That twitch is usually a magnesium deficiency.
  • +1 for super bloated and feel like something is showing. My pants are uncomfortable but maternity doesn't fit yet either. Just want to live in pjs.
  • I'm dying. Those of you who are actually vomiting my heart goes out to you. This all day nausea can go anytime. I can barely function. Also, TMI but I'm wondering if it's partly a stomach bug because I can't stay off the toilet. I seriously can't wait for second tri, it can't get here soon enough. It also sucks knowing since I'm only 6+5 it can get worse before it gets better. 
  • @desoky01 I am so sorry you are feeling so unwell. I had some stomach upset in weeks 6-7, it went away after a few days. Even though the nausea and exhaustion will probably last a while, you will hopefully also have some good hours or even days. In the meantime, vent away...
  • Thank you @marijaa333, I have had some good times today which is nice. I appreciate being able to vent somewhere where people are going through the same thing. 
  • @desoky01 What you said was exactly me the past week and a half. I'm not vomiting, but im that constant state of nausea. I've also had some bathroom problems (TMI - Mine sound like the opposite issue as you though, so constipated!) Sometimes coming here and venting and knowing you're not alone helps, or sometimes it doesn't. Either way, were here for you ❤ Also, if you haven't already, try talking to your OB. Mine gave me Diclegis and I think it's been helping a bit.

Today was a good day for me. A friend and I have been planning a shower for a mutual friend. I was so ready to not show up today and realx instead, but I'm glad I did. I didn't feel great, but it was a nice distraction. And today is the first day I haven't cried in over a week, so I'm happy about that.

Random (and super personal) question, but how do you guys sleep at night without a bra?! My boobs feel SO HEAVY and literally feel like they are dragging me down, but I am so uncomfortable in a bra at night. Argh.
  • I have an appointment thursday, so if things are still really bad then I'll see what she suggests. 
  • edited November 2018
    @wearyfuzzball maybe grab some of the nursing sleeping bras? They’re almost like a super soft less supportive sports bra. For me they’re just enough support to feel like I’m not flopping around but so comfy. I got mine from target. Let me see if I can find the link. 

ETA: Link 
    https://www.target.com/p/women-s-nursing-seamless-bra-2pk-gilligan-o-malley-153/-/A-51629297
  • @wearyfuzzball I wear either a tank top with a built in shelf bra or a really light activity sports bra at night. Maybe that’s weird, but I was an FF cup before pregnancy and the whole breast tenderness thing is old news and I’d have to sometimes use them before AF every month. It’s usually enough to provide some support without the greater restriction and cups of a normal bra.  

@desoky01 sorry to hear about your nausea. I get bad nausea and vomiting. I took the Diclegis and now I just feel nauseous and vomit a couple times a day but the nausea isn’t constant. I do get some breaks from it. So that feels like a step in the right direction. 
  • @chrssyms I’m glad to hear the Diclegis is helping a bit! It doesn’t really do anything for me except make me drowsy so I take it at night.

Update on the nausea from Hell saga: Today Zofran did nothing for me so maybe my body has built a tolerance? Is this a thing? Anyway, hoping to talk to my MFM about it on Thursday. As for now, I’m throwing up anything I ingest so that’s cool..