June 2019 Moms
Options

Symptoms of the Week - 10/29

Re: Symptoms of the Week - 10/29

• Options
    @ki1244 I actually busted out the mat jeans around 6 weeks. Then weeks 7-8 i was able to wear my regular jeans. Week 9, I'm back in mat jeans and they're here to stay. They're so much more comfortable. I have beening a lot more and I'm sure I've gained *at least* 5-6 lbs, but I really have had no choice -- the nausea made me do it!

The roast and potatoes sound amazing. Yum.
  • Options
    This week I've been really struggling at work to problem solve.  Like I feel significantly less smart, my boss is noticing that I cannot handle things that I could before on my own.  I'm glad I've already told them I'm pregnant but I really cannot go on like this. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @jhems776, oh God, the pregnancy brain is real already (though I’m sure a lot of it for me can, at this point, be chalked up to exhaustion). I had to make a doctor’s appointment for my oldest today and definitely gave her my name as the patient and then couldn’t figure out why she couldn’t find my son in the computer. And basic tasks that I do every day are definitely requiring more brain power than I have available at the moment.
    Married 25 May, 2013
    William Alexander born 18 September, 2015
    Harper Grace born 9 June, 2017
    Colton Miles born 9 June, 2017
    Bowen James due 19 June, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I've got pregnancy brain already too.  By the end of the day, I feel like I can barely spell my own name. 

And forget cooking dinner, I'm just not interested.  In a work meeting today people were talking about our Christmas lunch, and how the restaurant will be serving classic French Canadian holiday food; meat pie and escarcot.  I almost lost my lunch.

• Options
    like I just drank 4 mikes hard lemonades 
    YES! Perfect way of putting it!
  • Options
    I know that a lot of you are struggling with MS right now and some great remedies were mentioned, but I tried Magnesium oil on my forearms yesterday afternoon. Less than 90 seconds later I had relief. 

I put more on at bedtime, again this AM, and again at lunch and its the best I've felt since I got MS last week!
  • Options
    @harrierwife I have magnesium and calcium capsules. I haven't been taking them because any form of pill makes my stomach turn. Maybe I should? 
  • Options
    My nausea hasn't showed any signs of getting better, I hate that there are so many of us dealing with this. The only good thing is that I have been even more tired this week so the nausea hasn't been keeping me awake, I zonk out when my head hits the pillow. The last 2 days I have really been feeling the emotions for whatever reason. I cried last night because I couldn't cook my husband chicken for dinner because I couldn't look at it or smell it. He didn't even care, he just made himself a ham sandwich.
  • Options
    @luckystar28 - I have the "oil" that you spray on your skin so no capsules needed. This is what I use specifically: https://www.amazon.com/Ancient-Minerals-Magnesium-Oil-Spray/dp/B001AD0HL8?th=1

I actually originally got it to help me sleep months ago, but read that it can help with MS. 
  • Options
    @harrierwife i'm intrigued by this magnesium spray. However, I'm always weary about putting things on my skin, because I'm not allergic to most things, but I do have allergies to cheap metals. But Mg is an alkaline metal, not a transitional metal so maybe it wouldn't behave similarly. I guess I also just find it hard to believe it will work. I've been taking the Diclegis and I tried the Reglan, but I don't think that works so I stopped taking it. No need to take medication if it doesn't seem like it's helping. 

My MS is getting worse, which I didn't know was possible but I suppose it is. Yesterday I threw up 5 times. This morning I've already thrown up once and dry-heaved since I hadn't consumed anything. I'm scared this is the peak since I'm 9W+4. In my distress I've been googling charts of MS symptoms, which hasn't really made me feel too much better. Seems like in general, things start to improve around 12W and then people feel like it generally goes away by 16W. But that's like another 6 weeks. The only thing I can keep telling myself is that I might still have the nausea, but maybe the extremeness of these symptoms will be over in the next week. Just gotta power through. I laid on the bathroom floor last night and cried. I felt like such a whiny baby. My husband just rubbed my back and told me I'm doing the best I can. 
  • Options
    @chrssyms I’m sorry you’re struggling. It’s so so hard. I’ve definitely had my share of crying lately. Sometimes the relentless nausea/vomiting just puts you over the edge! Hugs. I will say, Zofran has helped immensely. I still vomit and dry heave all day but nothing like it was before. Yesterday I ran out and threw up maybe 15 times? So I know it’s working! If you’re open to medication!
  • Options
    @chrssyms and everyone else... I so get the baby-ness! I hate, hate, HATE puking or even being nauseated. I dont think anyone should feel bad for feeling sorry for themselves. Its probably the worst feeling ever. 

Random, but has anyone had round ligament pain yet? I swear I had some yesterday when I stood up from the toilet. Seems early, but I know the second (and more) time around, things can happen earlier. Dr. Google says not until 12 weeks, but we all know how reliable that is!
  • Options
    @luckystar28 and @ShadeofGreen816 and everyone... thanks for the encouragement. I know I'm not the only one out there and luckystar sounds worse than me for sure. I think I'm also a bit sensitive because I feel like my mom just tells me I need to adopt a more positive attitude and it won't be so bad. But I don't think anyone can have a positive attitude while puking. My mom never puked when she was pregnant, she only had nausea. Also, both my parents are doctors and they are pushing me really hard not to take anymore medication. They weren't really excited when I took the Diclegis actually. I know I should just do what I want to do, but it's hard when you have the people closest to you who are like, "Can't you just tough it out? Do you really want to take a risk with your baby?" It's like.. so much guilt. Like I'm a bad person because I can't just push through it. It's probably time to put my big girl pants on though and do what I think needs to be done or just ignore them.
  • Options
    @ShadesofGreen816 Yes to the RLP!  When I get up from my chair, it's like elastics are popping in my groin.  I mentioned it to my RE, and she just kind of shrugged. 
  • Options
    @bakerstreetboys @ShadeofGreen816 Me too with RLP  :'( I've had a cold and every time I sneeze, the pain is so intense! 
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    DS:  March 2014
    DD: May 2015
    BFP: 12/24/17 CP: 1/2/18 @ 4w 3d
    BFP: 1/26/18 CP: 2/2/18 @ 4w 4d
    BFP: 5/16/18 MMC: 6/15/18 @ 7w 5d
    BFP: 9/25/18! EDD: 6/9/19 TEAM GREEN  <3 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @bakerstreetboys and @eleven_ I'm glad I'm not alone. Sorry you're having so much pain @eleven_ luckily mine comes and goes so fast I don't have time to be too uncomfortable. I'm a little concerned because I also had some mild-moderate SPD last time and I'm terrified it'll come back! That was super painful.
  • Options
    @shadesofgreen816 and @eleven_ I think it shows up earlier when you've been pregnant before.  Everything is already stretched out!  Feel better soon @eleven_ !
  • Options
    You guys, I'm seriously showing right now. It's not bloat. Anyone else? I'm a third time mom so I knew it would show early, but I didn't think it would be THIS EARLY. I'm almost 9 weeks. 
    TW

• Options
    edited November 2018

@eleven_ Yes!  I noticed in the mirror last night that there's a bump even when I suck it in.  I'm full on in maternity pants now when I'm not lounging in PJ pants :)

@marijaa33 Hopefully that kind of day becomes the norm for you now.

ETA: And I'm only 6w2d!

• Options
    @eleven_ I wish I could say I was showing at almost 8 weeks. But sadly it’s just the mom pooch I’ve developed the last two years. 😑
  • Options
    @meatballs37 LOL  :D Well you might be surprised next week because I swear this bump appeared over night.
    TW

• Options
    Same as @meatballs37... I can totally make it look like I'm "showing' but its the same belly fat and pooch left over from last pregnancy. 
  • Options
    @eleven_ I'm only six weeks, so its definitely bloat. But in also a TTM and I wake up looking 6 months pregnant. WTF? In past pregnancies, the bloat was bad at night, but I looked normal in the morning. I'm afraid of what 8 weeks will look like.
  • Options
    I want the next month and a half to fly by. I almost threw up multiple times this morning. I think I need to figure out a better way of taking my prenatal because the few hours after I take it is when I feel the worse. The rest of the day it just comes in random waves. I feel so hungry all the time but I don't feel up to making food. My husband works evenings so me and DS are alone and I need to start figuring out some really easy meals for us. Waaaaaah. I'm on the self pity party train for sure. 
  • Options
    desoky01 - I take my prenatal right before bed. That way I'm sound asleep by the time any unpleasantness would kick-in. It's actually what my doc recommended to avoid getting an upset stomach from it, and it works!
  • Options
    I take my prenatal at night with a very small protein snack (peanut butter) and it helps me too! Until today I had been doing pretty good at keeping myself from throwing up, but I have been in the bathroom ever since I got back to the office after lunch. There is some unpleasant things coming from the other end too, so I really hope I can get some fluids back in me. I sure hope my whole weekend won't be like this.
  • Options
    I'm having a hard time brushing my teeth - it really gets my gag reflex going. I'm not sure if it's the taste of the toothpaste or having the toothbrush in my mouth. Anyone else dealing with this??
  • Options
    @wearyfuzzball ugggh, yes. Just reading your post makes me gag because it reminds me of toothpaste. I started stealing my son's apple flavored toothpaste which is a bit better.
  • Options
    @bakerstreetboys I'm so glad I'm not the only one in mat jeans...

@desoky01 the evening is definitely the way to go. I've also separated the prenatal from the iron, so now i take food based gummies every day, plus an iron pill every 2-3 days in the evening.
  • Options
    @eleven_ Yep. 9 weeks here too and full on showing. I don’t know how tf I’m going to keep it a secret at work for 3 more weeks. 
  • Options
    @jmvander that’s a great idea! I’m going to do that tonight. I’m miserable. Right this second I feel ok. I get about two hours in the day without nausea. 

Im having a weird symptom today. I feel a lot of stretchy muscle feelings between my hip bones in my lower abdomen. It almost feels like I’ve been doing crunches down there lol. That’s the best thing I can relate this feeling too. Anyone else have that? 
  • Options
    My skin is a wreck. I usually don’t break out (except for the occasional zit during my period) but I have full on cystic acne right now and it HURTS. 
  • Options
    So gassy.

It is like I am only eating beans and I haven't touched anything that would make me gassy.

I've found the nausea is worse when I am dehydrated. Drinking more water helps.

• Options
    ki1244ki1244 member
    edited November 2018
    @chrssyms I used to worry about taking a million medications. Voiced that concern once to my dad, who is an FP (and has served on a bunch of national boards and such...so humblebrag, he's fairly well-respected in medicine). He told me if we did a chemical sample of the air we breathe on a daily basis, a medicine with minimal chance of risk but high chance of reward wouldn't even make me bat an eye. Obviously that doesn't work in EVERY circumstance, and you need to do what's right for you...but if it improves your quality of life, with minimal risk, and allows you to take better care of yourself (and in turn your baby), who tf cares what anyone else says. Odds are you're breathing much worse on an everyday basis anyway.
  • Options
    @eleven_ i’m 8+1 & this is also my 3rd pregnancy... i keep thinking it’s just bloat, but the bump is pretty hard. it’s either gas or an actual bump popping through! i know i’ll show early with this one. i was showing my 13wks with the 2nd baby! 
  • Options
    Anyone else feel like their crotch is heavy? Sorry if that’s TMI lol. This is baby #3, I didn’t feel this until 20ish weeks last time.

Me: 23 Hubby: 26
    Married: April 2011
    Son: May 2014
    Baby #2 Due: April 4th, 2016
  • Options
    @drewsboo562 Yeah, mine is hard too. It doesn't feel like bloat at all. 
    TW

• Options
    a co-worker, friend of mine had a pair of seabands she let me borrow today. after putting them on, pretty tight to be honest (they’re the hard plastic kind you can select a hole to adjust like a belt)...about an hour later i felt less nauseas that i had in weeks... i don’t know if it’s all in my head & frankly, i don’t care! i finally felt relief tonight & i’m so happy! picking up my own pair this weekend. has anyone else tried them?