Options

Weekly Randoms 22.10

DD1: June 2014 - VBM4lyfe
DD2: October 2016
DC3: coming May 2019

Re: Weekly Randoms 22.10

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am really cranky today. My office was 55 degrees when I got in this morning and has only warmed up because of my space heater. The response from management is that we can take leave if we want. What kind of bs is that? My productivity today is in the gutter and I don't care anymore because I already didn't feel well today.
  • Options
    Why are they telling you to take leave? Are they not able to fix the heater? @lappymom2019

• Options
    @expandcontract It is supposed to be fixed by tomorrow. Basically they don't care if we are cold.
  • Options
    @lappymom2019 oh gosh you must be freezing!! Good thing you have the space heater to help a little bit. 
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• Options
    @k2k2tog Hearing about your daughter is so sweet! It is heartwarming (and I could use the heat! ;) )
  • Options
    Has anyone been watching The Haunting of Hill House on Netflix?  We watched a few episodes but then had to restart it because we weren't paying close attention the first time - but it's so good (if you're into the horror thing)!
    DD born PPROM preemie at 36 weeks on 10/1/17 after over a year TI, 
    then 3 failed IUIs, and finally a successful IVF FET.

Due with #2 5/2/19 after HIO once in my FW,
    because apparently that's how life works now. Team Blue!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @lappymom2019 That's BS. Can you work from home or would they force you to take a vacation day? 55 degrees is ridiculous - might as well just work outside.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @lappymom2019 What @secicc12 said...can you work from home? That's ridiculous and I feel like has to be against some sort of regulation.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    k2k2togk2k2tog member
    edited October 2018
    @mrsdee15 YES! Wait till episode 5. Oh my goodness, it gets intense.

• Options
    @mrsdee15 I JUST finished it yesterday OMG. 

And @k2k2tog YAAASSSS holy shit balls. 
  • Options
    @k2k2tog @eatinwatermelonseeds I keep hearing about episode 5 - so excited to get there!  Glad you both enjoyed it also!

• Options
    @eatinwatermelonseeds We actually had to abandon episode 5 halfway through because DD2 woke up and it took me a good 2 hours to get her back to sleep and I was so unsettled about it. I wish we had been able to finish it right away because the conclusion to that episode was incredible, but also calmed the creepiness for me a bit. We're on episode 7 or 8 now and of course, last night DH wanted to 'switch things up' after 2 episodes. He does not appreciate proper binge watching.

• Options
    @fatmonica omg how was your blood pressure lol. FB always scares me when sometimes I log in and they have access to your most recent photos and sometimes it looks like you just uploaded your whole phone to your newsfeed haha.
    Me: 33 DH: 34
    Married: Oct 2015
    TTC #1: Sept 2016
    BFP: 10/19/16 ~ blighted ovum ~ D&C 11/23/16
    BFP: 3/24/17   <3  DD1 born 12/2/17
    TTC #2: July 2018
    BFP: 8/26/18 <3  DD2 born 5/16/19

• Options
    k2k2tog said:
    @eatinwatermelonseeds We actually had to abandon episode 5 halfway through because DD2 woke up and it took me a good 2 hours to get her back to sleep and I was so unsettled about it. I wish we had been able to finish it right away because the conclusion to that episode was incredible, but also calmed the creepiness for me a bit. We're on episode 7 or 8 now and of course, last night DH wanted to 'switch things up' after 2 episodes. He does not appreciate proper binge watching.
    OMG this is my SO and it irritates me lol. We still haven't finished Westworld. 

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options
    @sleepy33 Nooo!!  How far into Westworld are you?

• Options
    This is random, but I was lurking name threads on other bmbs because if this baby is a boy, he’s probably going to be nameless, so I need ideas. Anyway, some people were talking about finding out the sex at their 12 week scan. Is this common, and I just didn’t know? My dr office never even mentioned sex at my 12 week ultrasound with DS, and when we did my elective ultrasound to find out the sex, I think I was probably 16 weeks. 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • Options
    @megsb615 go check out the last post in Ultrasounds, it looks like @BWhitta just found out. :)

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    @megsb615 fetal genitalia isn't completely developed until about 13-14 weeks. Both sexes look the same until that point. It's definitely not unheard of, but typically if there's a mistake that early on, that's why. 
  • Options
    @eatinwatermelonseeds That’s kind of what I was thinking too.. 
  • Options
    That’s ridiculous @lappymom2019!  What are you supposed to do if you don’t have a heater??

What @eatinwatermelonseeds said.  I would think that might have a strong chance of being incorrect.  I’m finding out next week but by genetic testing not an US.

• Options
    @mrsdee15 I think we're about 3/4 of the way through the latest season. I need to steal his HBO password so I can just watch it myself on the rare nights he's at his house instead of mine. 

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options
    Feeling like poop on a stick today which is reassuring that things are going well, I guess. My friend who was a bridesmaid in our wedding just had her first baby on Thursday and I'm super jealous that she's already there and has her daughter to hold. Though I know it's irrational that I'm jealous cuz in currently pregnant and will get there soon enough.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @keighty80 mine wants: boy- Ash girl- Cam (after a friend's little girl 😂)
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    @keighty80 DD2 is Rosemary and we call her "Rosie Posy" or just "Posy" all the time. 💕

ETA: 
    DD1's name suggestions:
    Boy: Crispin
    Girl: Maryrose
    kids with flags
  • Options
    @lovelybabybumpz Thats interesting they told you it looked like a girl (even if they already knew). I could see how they might would guess boy if it seems pretty obvious, but you’d think it’d be a little harder with girls. What do I know though? 🤷🏼‍♀️ 
  • Options
    @megsb615
    Yeah, I mentioned to her "Oh I didn't think you could tell this early. But I imagine you've seen a million of these things." She said something about she has a theory or method, so I'm not sure how concrete it is at this stage :lol:

Me: 36 & DH: 40
    Married: November 2015
    DD 10/19/2016
    BFP:  8/20/2018 - EDD 5/4/2019
  • Options
    @lovelybabybumpz I wondered the same thing about the date  :D@k2k2tog I will readily admit that we make things difficult in the US by not using the metric system, etc., but that doesn't mean that it's not confusing to me when I see the date written that way. Nice for you guys to get it the way that's easier for you sometimes too, I guess  ;)

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    keighty80 said:
    So we told my son about the baby yesterday and we asked what he thinks we should name it...

Girl: Posey 
    Boy: Shraggus

I cannot stop laughing 😂 

Haha those are amazing! My 11 year old keeps telling me to name a girl Zoey.
    Pregnancy #1 DD 08.30.2007
    Pregnancy #2 Natural Miscarriage at 6 weeks 03/2014 Due date 11/9/2014
    Pregnancy #3 DS 02.23.2015
    Pregnancy #4 Missed Miscarriage at 11 weeks 11/2018 Due date 5/22/2019
    Pregnancy #5 Positive test 12/11/2019 Due Date 8/17/2020

• Options
    Today I texted a picture of the invite to DS's 1st birthday to everyone and both of DH's sisters have already turned it into a drama fest. One of them works during the party time so I offered for her to come to the friends party the next day (she knows all the friends and is also friends with them) and she is making a big stink saying we planned the party that day on purpose so she couldnt come 🙄 and of course her and her sister are talking about that with each other now so now my other SIL is messaging me and giving me crap about it. Seriously! Come or don't come but dont bother if you are going to be dramatic and scowl about everything the whole time! We just want to celebrate his 1st birthday and did it in a way we thought would have the best possible chance of seeing everyone at some point that weekend.
  • Options
    @ibanezstarburst wow, they are acting so immature. I'm sorry you're having to deal with that. 
  • Options
    @eatinwatermelonseeds sadly I'm not surprised they're being this way. Everything always ends up being full of drama with them. It seriously makes me roll my eyes. I cant stand it. 1st birthdays are drama free zone!
  • Options
    @ibanezstarburst That’s so petty. You really  can’t win with some people. We had family drama with Husband’s side for my son’s first birthday party too. My advice, ignore them, and tell your husband to deal with them. 

• Options

• Options
    @ibanezstarburst that's ridiculous.  I'm sorry they're being so petty.  
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers   Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers