June 2019 Moms
Options

PGAL 10/17

Re: PGAL 10/17

• Options
    That's a great sign @bakerstreetboys! Hopefully the next 2wks fly by.
  • Options
    Thanks @prpl11butterfly!  I see more POAS in my future :D
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Has everyone felt like their practice has been supportive after their loss? Just curious because we all seem to be having very different experiences with our doctors. 
  • Options
    So far yes @ncm1919. They gave me extra beta testing and both my US last week and next weeks are "extra". I'm not sure I'll get the standard 12wk one or not though. Everytime I've called the nurses have been great (not that they were not before but I feel I'm getting more compassion now). I won't actually see an OB until the end of Nov and he isn't the one I usually see but I hear good things and that he is very understanding of the emotional aspect of PGAL.
  • Options
    @ncm1919 I don't feel like mine has been at all which is odd.
  • Options
    I was actually surprised at my midwife's response. She's been through two MMC's and two CP's with me. But when I called to follow-up on my progesterone test and to tell her I was pregnant again, a nurse called back and told me my test results were fine and to call back and schedule an appt around 6 weeks. Uh.. okay. I expected a little more of a response, but I guess not. 
  • Options
    @bakerstreetboys I’m so glad your beats are good!

@ncm1919 I can’t stand the staff at my OB office. They have always been super rude over the phone with me and completely uncaring when I explained I had been through an mc. But my OB was absolutely incredible when talking to us about the mc and was so compassionate, understanding, and reassuring. DH and I were so impressed that we decided it was worth dealing with the crappy staff. I haven’t dealt with them much this pregnancy, though, so I’ll have to see how understanding they are. I’ve only been through one mc, so I haven’t tried pressing to get any extra appointment because I doubt the staff will be willing and I can’t actually see the OB until the second appointment (12 weeks) ☹️
  • Options
    antera23antera23 member
    edited October 2018
    @ncm1919 I don’t feel like my clinic listened to me. I called them concerned that my symptoms were going away and they just told me that sometimes that happens. That’s why I’m switching clinics. I just happened to make a new patient appointment for a different clinic on Friday. Now that appointment will my first baby appointment. I hope they are receptive. I’m going to ask them for two ultrasounds in the 1st trimester. 
  • Options
    Interesting to hear everyone’s perspective. My office had been great which I thought was the norm. They have let me call the shots- they’ve made suggestions but the ultimate call has been mine. I think I’ve been a lot more relaxed because they’ve given me the option and I’ve ended up going with their recommendations. I pushed for the early US but got it pretty much no stress
  • Options
    @Charla1224 That's absolutely heartbreaking. You and your husband are amazing people to do something so selfless.
  • Options
    @charla1224 What a hard situation.  I agree that it was a very selfless thing for you to do to give the baby back.  I can't imagine how difficult it was.
  • Options
    @Charla1224 My heart hurts for your family and the decisions you have had to make. 
  • Options
    @Charla1224 wow. What a hard thing to go through. A baby lost is a baby lost. You belong here too. 
  • Options
    @Charla1224 I'm so sorry you had to go through all of that. Your grieving just as we are. It was a truly amazing gift you gave that family. I truly hope that there is no other shoe for your family.
  • Options
    Hi @elliecele17 I’m glad you joined us over here. I hope this place can be a safe spot for you to talk. 
  • Options
    I agree with others it’s been a hard PGAL few days. My symptoms subside for awhile and I convince myself it’s over. I think all the recent spotting posts haven’t helped bc I continue to check every time I pee thinking my time is coming. I just wish my US was this week, I could prob call to move it but I’m trying not to, bc even after that I’ll still be worried until the next scan.
    @Charla1224 wow, what an amazing thing you and your family did. I’m glad you felt comfortable to post here, it’s a great place for support. 

Also, my OBs office has been amazing. From the nurses to the midwives to the OBs they have had great bedside manner and really listened to any questions/concerns I’ve had. My midwife basically asked me when I wanted to come back for another scan for my peace of mind. I picked 3 weeks after the first to split the difference between my first scan and when they can use the Doppler but she told me if I had any concerns to call and they’d get me in right away. I think anyone should receive this kind of support but it’s especially helpful after a loss
  • Options
    @Charla1224 I am so sorry for your loss. It really was amazing of you and your husband to do that for their family.

@elliecele17 I’m glad you decided to share on the PGAL thread.
  • Options
    I started spotting again this morning and I am just a wreck. I have had healthy pregnancies with bleeding before and I know it academically but I am struggling all the same. I am convinced I lost too much weight from stress/being busy last year and my body isn’t healthy enough and my husband got me a Apple Watch and I have been obsessively checking my heart rate and just think it’s too high. And even none of that indicates anything and I know that but it is going to be a long day. 

Sorry for that jumble of nerves. I needed to get it out. 
  • Options
    @Dcwtada I'm so sorry.  Spotting is just so scary, but I'm thinking of you and hoping it's nothing.  Do you have an appt any time soon?
  • Options
    Thanks for understanding ladies. It’s nice to have a space to talk about my anxieties with this pregnancy. 
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD: 05/14/16
    Baby #2 EDD: 12/23/19
  • Options

@Dcwtada I'm sorry to hear that you're spotting.  I hope it's nothing, and that you can see someone soon to get checked out and relieve the stress.

@charla1224 What a difficult situation to be in.  Your family made a selfless decision, and I hope that this is an easy and event free pregnancy for you.

@Meatballs37 It sounds like you have an amazing practice!  Sometimes the kindness and compassion of others can make a horrible situation a little bit less awful.

Sorry to read that so many loss moms have doctors and nurses who aren't caring, or who don't understand.  I know that they see it every day, but it doesn't make it any less devastating for the family going through it.  I love my OB, but he's in a practice of several doctors who rotate hospital shifts, which means that he has never delivered a baby for me.  When my youngest was born six weeks early, both he and I were very sick with a blood infection that I contracted in the hospital.  My OB came in on his day off to get on us in the NICU, which was very sweet of him.

I don't really care much for my RE though, and we're with her until 10 weeks.  She has a very flat personality and isn't at all warm or friendly. 

• Options
    @elliecele17 I'm glad you decided to start posting here :)
  • Options
    @Dcwtada Your heart rate increases when you're pregnant, so maybe that's what's going on? In that case, I would think it's a good sign! My resting heart rate when from 52.8 pre-ovulation to 64.4 today.
  • Options
    @ruby696 that actually made me feel better, you are not that off from me. My resting is about 80 but I have no idea preconception. My active ranges from 120-180 depending on the activity (walking two feet to the fridge or chasing a half naked toddler across the house)

I am going to call my default OB today. We are in the process of getting our MFM referral and I have to go through my GP  (I hate insurance more than a canker sore when you are eating popcorn) but I am hoping I can see a local OB for regular visits as the MFM I used last time is an hour and a half a way on a good traffic day so we are doing our best to avoid that every time I have to go in. Hopefully I get some answers when the office opens in a few. I am tempted to drag the kids out and buy another test but I think that may feed the paranoia more than alleviate it. 
  • Options
    @ruby696 I didn’t know that.   :o 

The more you know  <3
  • Options
    Congrats @eleven_!!! So excited!

@Dcwtada my resting heart rate got pretty high too. 74 ish before and 87 at it's highest. I turned the monitor off because it started fluctuating and I knew it was going to start worrying me.
  • Options
    @mackorori curious if you switched to a white pill?  I’m still in shock they were red 

+ all the great US news is making my day!  
  • Options
    @eleven_ Congratulations, that's great news!!
  • Options
    @elliecele17 and @dcwtada As your heart gets used to the increased blood flow it will go back down some, or at least that's my understanding. @prpl11butterfly's decision to turn it off is probably a smart one.
  • Options
    @ruby696 that is exactly what I figured was happening. RHR slows as the muscles get stronger. It makes total sense that after working overtime for a bit it would in fact get stronger just like any other muscle in the body.
  • Options
    @ruby696 I could have written your post. I feel so bad thinking that way too. Like I finally might be getting a baby after 3 losses and now I'm like WTF am I going to do??? 3 kids?? I'm barely keeping up with 2. 
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    DS:  March 2014
    DD: May 2015
    BFP: 12/24/17 CP: 1/2/18 @ 4w 3d
    BFP: 1/26/18 CP: 2/2/18 @ 4w 4d
    BFP: 5/16/18 MMC: 6/15/18 @ 7w 5d
    BFP: 9/25/18! EDD: 6/9/19 TEAM GREEN  <3 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @eleven_ Right?? I feel bad wondering how I'm going to deal with grocery shopping with six grabby hands! Lol! Actually, the most daunting issue for me is having 3 kids in daycare at the same time. We are going to be living on a budget, that's for sure. Luckily it's only for the first year, then DS will be in kindergarten. DD will follow a year later.