March 2019 Moms
Options

TTGP Check In October

124»

Re: TTGP Check In October

• Options
    @JLaVO888 I feel you, girl! Mine hasn’t been nearly that bad though. Take care of yourself! I know how hard that is for me to do when work feels all encompassing. 
  • Options
    @purpleteacher82 Thanks! The fog will lift soon and the holidays are right around the corner. Then it’s downhill from there until March! Getting to miss May is one of the best parts of having a March baby as a teacher. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @JLaVO888 Oh my gosh, yes! We weren’t trying to plan when to have a baby, but it definitely worked out nicely! I have a feeling it going to fly by.
  • Options
    @purpleteacher82 With the first one I was secretly hoping for a March baby and got it. This time I kind of was hoping for anything but a March just so they would have different birthdays haha. But now I’m so happy it did happen this way. 
  • Options
    @JLaVO888 @purpleteacher82 it already has! We're at 4-5 months already! It's crazy how fast this pregnancy has gone.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    @meggyme @JLaVO888 @purpleteacher82  - how are we closing in on or getting anatomy scans already? It feels like I just found out I was pregnant!! Screaming towards the holidays and then March (and babes) will be here before we know it! 
    *TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Options
    It does feel like the last month has passed extra fast. My anatomy scan is actually this afternoon!
  • Options
    Yay @lelkcot FX for a good scan! Mine is next Friday and I can't wait. It feels like one of the last hurdles before delivery with regard to LO being healthy.
  • Options
    Thanks @meggyme, I’m getting nervous and I know it’s not particularly rational since all the test have come back low risk. But, hopefully I’ll be back with a great scan this afternoon! Fx for your next week!
  • Options
    @lelkcot I get a little flutter of nervousness before every appointment. Usually while they're looking for the heart beat during those like 5 seconds that it takes to find it. More than likely you'll get to sit back and count all of baby's fingers and toes and see their little face and hopefully see them doing something cute like waving or sucking their thumb.
  • Options
    FX for a great scan this afternoon, @lelkcot
    *TW*
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Options
    @lelkcot Hope you have a great appt today!! I'm nervous for mine next week too so I get that. I'm excited for you though!
  • Options
    @lelkcot Good luck (and have fun!) at your scan today!
  • Options
    Anyone following the mail bomb scares in NY and FL? They just made an arrest in FL!
  • Options
    @meggyme definitely been following -yay for an arrest.

and thank you ladies, I’m excited to get to see little girl, haven’t seen her since my scan at 9 weeks! Trying to let the excitement outweigh the nerves!
  • Options
    @lelkcot So glad your scan went well. I’m bouncing over to US thread to see if you posted any pics. If you haven’t share them with us! 

Mine is on Wednesday and I can’t wait. We have been so confident in their guess of boy that now DH and I keep saying what us go in and they are like “oooops nope girl”.

I get a little nervous too but not as much with the 20 week since I’ve already heard heart beat a few times. 

@catlady2015 It has gone by extremely fast. I can’t even believe Monday is my halfway mark. And May is she slowest month for teachers. It always feels like two months so since I’ll be leaving in March, this school year is going to feel like it’s about 2 seconds long. I feel so rushed to teach them everything I can before I leave. 
  • Options
    @JLaVO888 hope he stays a boy on Wednesday  :D! i actually got all the images on a cd - only we don’t have a computer with a disk reader... so trying to power up an old laptop so we can share the pictures!
  • Options
    meggymemeggyme member
    edited October 2018
    Tada! I forgot to take one until after, but I felt really good in this outfit. Several people were impressed I was wearing these pants but they were surprisingly comfy. Also fancy fruity mock tails are delicious!

• Options
    @meggyme you look great! And yay for they having good mock tails! 
  • Options
    @meggyme You look adorable!!
  • Options
    @meggyme - so cute!! 
    *TW*
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Options
    @meggyme You look great! And sounds like you had a lot of fun too, woo!  :)
  • Options
    @meggyme You look awesome! You really pulled off the whole look. Glad it was fun and tasty. 
  • Options
    OMG, need to rant for a second. DH, FIL, and I went to dinner. MIL stayed home since she had a headache, My MIL called DH, freaking out about not having toilet paper in her bathroom. Apparently she’d already used the spare rolls I’d put in the bathroom a week ago, and while she still had a new roll to use, she wanted to set out a spare roll even though she’s leaving tomorrow. She called because she wanted him to buy more for that bathroom, never mind I had about 8 rolls in the master bath yet, and 4 in another bathroom. I don’t have 48 rolls in each bathroom, so I don’t have enough! :disappointed: We never use that bathroom except when people are here, so why have a massive stockpile? Ugh!! 

DH is pushing for them to stay one more day and I’m just gritting my teeth until they leave. I’m so over having someone else in my house. Please please leave! 
    *TW*
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Options
    @catlady2015 at least you never have to worry about running out of TP when you visit them. What a ridiculous thing to interrupt your dinner over!
  • Options
    @catlady2015 what a silly thing to get worked up over! Sorry you’re dealing with that and yay for having your house back soon! I hope you at least had a delicious dinner (even if it was interrupted over tp).
  • Options
    Thanks @meggyme and @lelkcot! At least I got French fries out of the deal. Probably the worst was when both dh and fil asked in the store if I was sure I had enough tp. They got the stinkeye for sure. I know they’re used to her and a bigger stockpile, but they only have one bathroom at her house, and this is also the woman who sent 48 rolls of tp to a rental house for a week for 3 people. :lol: 
    *TW*
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Options
    @catlady2015 your MiL would not like me - I never have 48 rolls in my house (we don’t have great storage) and I never have more than 2 spare rolls in my half-bath!  :D 
  • Options
    @lelkcot I’m the same as you...it’s never even occurred to me to have 48 back up rolls. I just figure a store is always open nearby...but I also have had a few emergency situations where I wished I was a bit more forward thinking with TP supplies   :D

@catlady2015 This probably says more about my own relationship with my MIL, but my instinctual reaction is that it sounds like your MIL just had to interject herself in your outing, by whatever means possible. Anyway, glad the visit is over soon. Always better to end visits before any moods sour lol.