April 2019 Moms
Options

What I’m Eating - meal/craving check-in

Re: What I’m Eating - meal/craving check-in

• Options
    @molecularmolly
    thanks for the encouragement to clean up my gf life. I will be avoiding all my cheats (gluten free with cross contamination possibility). Because I do have a current gut issue and it is probs contributing. But with malabsorption that I’m currently facing, I also have a low hormone in my Blood test that can point to pre e or restricted growth in baby later. I hope I can find the recommended probiotic to help too. 
  • Options
    @happymoni21As a fellow Canuck, I thank you for this comment! Yay, Sick Kids Hospital! 🇨🇦🍣
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @kbirchtree You can do it!!
  • Options
    @kbirchtree You can do it!!
    Dinner!
  • Options
    Just tried to do a quick microwave tofu scramble meal since I have to be out the door fast this morning... smelled it, and nope.

Cereal it is.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I just want bacon. All day. Nothing else. 
    well...bacon and a nap lol
  • Options
    @kangstadt yeah, eggs were a hard no for me yesterday. Quiche was a-ok.
  • Options
    @lyse01, yeah, I managed to eat scrambled eggs the other day for the first time in like four weeks.  Haven't been able to stomach them again since.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Omg ladies I went to dim sum today and it was Heavenly!!!! The sticky rice wrapped in lotus leaves, the rice conge soup, were just what my nauseous tummy needed, and other delicious bites were a fun treat after. Plus my 2 yo ate like a champ too!!! This may become a weekend habit this pregnancy!!! 
  • Options
    @saraleigh2 That sounds amazing! I miss dim sum, we don't have a place for 1.5-2hrs where we live now and frozen dumplings etc are really not the same thing.
    Me: 29 DW: 44
  • Options
    NIPT results say I'm having a girl, but there's an 80% chance I'll go to my anatomy scan and they'll say "It's a... Shack Burger!" All of my pregnancies have wildly different symptoms, but craving Shake Shack is my constant!
  • Options
    Why do my cravings last all of five seconds?  I think I've bought and wasted more food this pregnancy than ever before... like today at the store, I was craving sour cream and onion chips.  I guarantee by tomorrow I won't want to even look at whatever is in the remaining bag.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I came home for my break from work and my sister was over at the house cooking banana bread. She is the best. It smells so good.
  • Options
    DW is making bagels and honestly that sounds like the only thing I ever want to eat again right now.
  • Options
    I'm torn between baking crescent rolls or making a chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwich.

Decisions, decisions...
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I went to Panera this morning since we had things to do and left early. Ordered my chocolate chip bagel sliced and toasted so I could throw some cream cheese on it and eat on the go. Was super excited cause it sounded so good, but they super burned it and my whole breakfast was ruined. I still want a decent bagel and cream cheese. :( 
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

Me:32 DH:33 Married:04/2012 DD:07/2014 
     BFP 8/14/2018 #2 due 4/18/2019
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Am I the only one still having food aversion at 14 weeks?! Besides spicy nacho Doritos, I can barely eat anything. 👎🏻
  • Options
    @midwestmommy90 I am still struggling with food. I’ll cook it and then not want it. 

Right now i only want potatoes in any form and breads (gf only) 

and I am struggling to eat well or anything with my new low fodmap diet the dr says I need (I
    mean, I agree My ibs is starting to improve bit by bit) 
    its just overwhelming and I feel great responsibly to eat well and and I feel like I am failing. 
  • Options
    @midwestmommy90 I’m still having a hard time with food too. Although I think it might be getting a little better I still can’t even think about eggs or peanut butter.  
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

• Options
    @kbirchtree can you at least freeze the meals you are making and pull them out later? Are you a soup person? I think I’ve got a soup for you that’s easily adapted.
  • Options
    I started to have an aversion to baked beans yesteray, and I normally love them. Well, something must have been up because whatever I ate for dinner made me feel absolutely terrible and I could not get to sleep due to the painful bloating...

I am also on the bagel train. That's the one thing I could eat every day right now and not get sick of.

• Options
    I went to Panera this morning and apparently they stopped serving breakfast food while I was trapped in line, but didn’t adjust the menu yet. I was set on a breakfast sandwich and was so disappointed when they told me they wouldn’t make it for me. I left and ate waffles which made me feel much happier.
  • Options
    All of the things that sound good to me do not sound good to DH. And all the things that sound good to him do not sound good to me. And I don’t want to make 2 meals and he doesn’t want me to have to make 2 meals. 

I have no freaking idea what to do for dinner. 

DD would live off peanut butter if we let her. 
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

• Options
    @thatbaintforbetty, it's a good thing DH and I work opposite schedules so we almost never eat dinner together... My stomach has still been so hit or miss, I'm barely eating anything that resembles healthy food.  He did complain a few weeks ago because we didn't have veggies in the house.  I told him he can grocery shop for them then :tongue:.

My son would live off of peanut butter sandwiches also... which I've used a few times this week when nothing else sounds good to me anyway!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @kangstadt Yes, what is it about veggies that just seems poisonous right now? Yuck. Give me pizza and steak and potatoes every day.
  • Options
    @kangstadt I joked to DH that if this one eats peanut butter the same we are going to have to start buying by the truckload. 

Also we ended up with Jimboys tacos for dinner. Lol. We used to work opposite schedules and the only time I would see him was when he came home on his “lunch break” for dinner. He would gladly eat the same 10 or so meals just repeated and the rare occurrence of take out. I want more variety in dinner and plus right now most of those 10 meals sound yucky.  
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

• Options
    Totally drove out at 7:30 tonight to get KFC for myself because A: DH told me they have popcorn chicken, and B: I didn't feel like cooking fried mozzarella cheese just for myself (both things I've been craving).  I know it's so bad for you, but the popcorn chicken is so tasty...

I've broken my vegetarianism both pregnancies now for popcorn chicken.  I figure I eat healthy enough the rest of the time that it balances out?  Also, this babe apparently wants protein and fried food :tongue:.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @kangstadt I've probably already mentioned, but I was a vegetarian/pescatarian for 10 years. When I cheated, about once a year or so... it was for popcorn chicken from KFC. 
  • Options
    booksandlacebooksandlace member
    edited October 2018
    Thanks to shitty health issues I'm being put on a low fat diet, which sucks because I'm craving all the fried things but I guess it will push me to eat healthier.

Plus DH is on a diet so I need to actually get back to cooking plant based meals again. I'm just feeling so uninspired, not too mention to fatigued to cook most days
  • Options
    @booksandlace Ooof that sound terrible! Good luck~~

I am definitely on a high fat diet - at least one 8oz package of cream cheese for me a week.
    And I finally just walked to the grocery store to get milk but it was actually just a ploy to get crunchy Cheetos. I have been craving their salty fatty goodness so badly. It's ok because I haven't eaten anything fried for almost a week, right?
  • Options
    @booksandlace "Low fat?" You can still eat "good fat," right? Egg yolks, avocados, etc? Just sounds horrible. I don't know what exactly they're telling you to stay away from, but it sounds like everything I like to eat.
  • Options
    @sheepshepherdess ehhh I think I'm mostly supposed to stay away from fried and unhealthy fats but I'm kind of miserable so I'm going to try to limit fat in general. I don't have a diagnosis yet but tested positive for H.pylori so possible ulcer, plus some of my other labs are off so it might be more than one thing. 
  • Options
    generally with ulcer they just medicate and avoid things if you can tell they bother you. Or, for me that's what they said.  @booksandlace

• Options
    Anyone else have almost no appetite? 15 weeks and really not interested in food.
  • Options
    Sorry, @sheepshepherdess, I’m definitely hungry. So we made a chicken/mushroom pot pie last night to use the mushrooms we got at the farmer’s market this weekend. YUM.
  • Options
    @sheepshepherdess I'm struggling to eat. Even if something sounds good, about 10 minutes into eating I'm stuffed and turned off. Most nights when I try to put away leftovers I'm gagging at the sight. I bought some high-protein, low-sugar shakes this weekend to try to get SOME calories and protein in me. 
  • Options
    @sheepshepherdess, it comes and goes for me (16 weeks 5 days).  I'll be hungry, make food, and then halfway through eating it, it sounds unappealing.  Then other days I'm starving all the time.  My stomach definitely isn't as able to handle big meals though, I end up feeling full after just a little bit even if I feel like I could eat a horse.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @sheepshepherdess I think my appetite has only started coming back recently (almost at 15 weeks). I’m theoretically interested in food but usually a little grossed out when I’m actually eating. I noticed that it is usually better when I’ve been staying active; sometimes I eat a bit, go for a quick walk and then can make some progress on eating more. It sucks, though, and I hope it get some better for you
  • Options
    @lyse01 chicken and mushroom pie sounds amazing!

Did a big food prep yesterday and am still really excited for my food this week (which remains subject to the whims of my pregnancy appetite) - Turkey and cheddar breakfast sandwiches on whole wheat English muffin with fruit for breakie, a knockoff of Sweetgreen's Hummas Tahina salad for lunch and then  arroz con gandules with Puerto Rican pink beans for dinner (where my Latinas at?).

And copious amounts of the Snickerdoodle cookies I made as my snack 
    ;) 
  • Options
    @happymoni21 I miss sweetgreen. I make a great knockoff of the earth bowl, but prep is labor intensive.

happy to share the chicken/mushroom recipe if you’d like!