April 2019 Moms
Options

What I’m Eating - meal/craving check-in

Re: What I’m Eating - meal/craving check-in

• Options
    @lyse01 Yes! Whenever we make it, we make like ~16 servings and freeze baggies of it for later. Meanwhile I couldn’t keep a glass of juice down for breakfast- at least my nausea tends to break for lunch :disappointed:
  • Options
    I want all of the carbs lately. Bagels are life. And I would kill for some pimento cheese fries right now.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I’ve been craving bagels with cream cheese topped with tomato slices and salt lol! Hot food as little to no appeal. Cold fruit especially red grapes!!! Yum! 
    I have been wanting bagels and cream cheese too. Recently found pumpkin cream cheese and it tastes like pie. I like it. 
  • Options
    MRDCle said:
    If I don’t have tomato soup and grilled cheese tonight I will be very upset. 
    You just made me change my dinner plans.  
  • Options
    aggie0812aggie0812 member
    edited September 2018
    Pizza is a huge craving. Carbs, cheese in pretty much any form, fruits, hard-boiled eggs, mashed potatoes, soup. Really can't stand bell peppers right now, or the smell of raw meat. I can eat meat, just can't cook it.
  • Options
    I was upset today at lunch when I couldn't find anywhere in a reasonable driving distance that offers pimento cheese fries. Come on, South Carolina. This is supposed to be your thing. Get it together. 
  • Options
    MIL bought mussels on Friday night and hasn’t cooked them. We also have had raw chicken in the fridge for a week. I currently avoid opening the fridge and am eating cookies.
  • Options
    I really wanted bacon and eggs for dinner only to discover tht DH has put the bacon I bought yesterday in the freezer. I was starving so I made some chicken Ramon and butter bread instead lol.

Also FFC/UO DH bought me some candy corn yesterday and I can’t stop eating it. I’m not a big candy person but I’ve always loved candy corn even if it’s terrible for you lol (cue everyone who hates candy corn)
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Having trouble cooking still- raw meat makes me sick. But Wawa has these chicken tender sandwiches....American cheese and pickles on it and Omgosh 😍
  • Options
    DH said today that Taco Bell sounds good. I agreed and said that we should go. He said no, because I told him to help me fight my cravings. So now I’m eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and crying. 
  • Options
    @whats0nemore that sounds amazing! I can’t seem to tolerate pickles anymore, but that sounds worth the consequences.
  • Options
    @sdelg09 How dare he! You can’t just bring up food to a pregnant woman and then take it away when she agrees! What even is that???

AFM I told DH that I was making a meatloaf tonight before he gets home late and I’m kicking myself. Don’t want to stick my hands in raw ground beef eww :cry: He loves meatloaf and has been so good to me lately I’d hate to wimp out...
  • Options
    I was just hardcore craving chilis chips and ranch dressing. Looked it up and the closest chilis is 6 hours away. I almost cried
  • Options
    I was so excited because I was craving HEALTHY stuff today. Chicken breast, green beans, and brown rice.  I made up a nice little meal for DS and I and like...two bites into my chicken I was so put off by it. I ate all the green beans and a serving of rice but still.  I need protein in my life ha.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    lyse01 said:
    MIL bought mussels on Friday night and hasn’t cooked them. We also have had raw chicken in the fridge for a week. I currently avoid opening the fridge and am eating cookies.
    Gag.
    We might need a MIL thread...

• Options
    You girls make me giggle. I love everyone’s entries. I can’t eveen tell you all how many faces I made while reading all the foods you guys talked about. I am sticking to sandwiches for now. That’s about the only thing I can eat. Sometimes I get something else in but half way through, I get “ew” and take it off of my list of foods I can eat. Oh! And smoothies smoothies smoothies. 
  • Options
    Yes to pizza!! Almost 12 weeks so my appetite is returning - I was STARVING when we went out for dinner tonight so I ate a huge restaurant sized bowl of garlic shrimp pasta. I took some of it home to eat for lunch tomorrow but then I ate it 20 min after walking in the door. 
    My main problem is that I crave so many things but in the time it takes to obtain or prepare them, I get turned off.
    Eating in the mornings is generally easier than the evenings for me. Peanut butter & jam toast for breakfast erry day!
    Everything leaves a gross sour aftertaste except fruit and chocolate. 
    Water is gross. Vegetables are EW!
  • Options
    @roo1381 haha yes to a MIL thread. I could
    fill that whole thing up lol.

@suchagoodone I too crave stuff and then when I get them they make me gag. And I want veggies and protein so badly but they both make me gag. 
  • Options
    @whats0nemore
    O.g. 
    I shouldn't do the bread.... buuuuuut... chicken and pickles are life :#
    Sheetz had a crabcake sub that was SO GOOD and then abruptly they yanked it off their menu like jerks. It feels personal. 
  • Options
    Pie! It turns out that I can eat a nice homemade berry pie like it was my last meal!
    Me: 29 DW: 44
  • Options
    I really wish I could find a suitable breakfast. When i wake up I feel super duper ick-tastc and eating is the only that makes me feel better but I have the hardest time with breakfast food. I have an aversion to eggs and peanut butter which are basically the 2 proteins they focus on in breakfast. Also I’m always too tired for anything that takes more then 2 min. But if I eat just carbs(cereal, waffle, toast) I end up hungry and with heartburn by like 11. 

Any ideas? 
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

Me:32 DH:33 Married:04/2012 DD:07/2014 
     BFP 8/14/2018 #2 due 4/18/2019
  • Options
    @thatbaintforbetty, I'm in the same boat.  I made eggs this morning for DS and myself, then took one bite and couldn't do it.  He didn't eat his either cause of a fever/not feeling well.  So far all I've had today is some butter toast.

Can you stomach oatmeal or yogurt with granola?  Instant oatmeal takes a minute in yhe microwave, or you could do overnight oats so they're ready in the morning.

Sorry I'm not more help, breakfast is my worst meal this pregnancy too!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @thatbaintforbetty I second yogurt, I cut up fruit in plain whole milk yogurt and skip the honey if I'm not feeling the sweetness. 

What I've also been doing is using leftovers from the previous day's meals. Easy to microwave when I'm tired and nauseous in the AM, and usually it's pizza, soup, mashed potatoes, etc.
  • Options
    @thatbaintforbetty @sheepshepherdess I second the leftovers for breakfast. It is so easy to have cold wonton soup, and for someone who strongly believes in the separation between breakfast food and food for every other meal, I’m digging the heartiness.

I’ve also been keeping sliced chicken in the fridge, ostensibly for salads but really to make DD’s meals faster. I am currently really sick of chicken, but I think the same could be done with any protein you like.
  • Options
    It's not super satisfying but I lived off of Ensure or those kind of protein drinks for breakfast last time!  It helped at least get something in me without being too heavy.

AFM I just got a crazy strong pickle craving reading all this.  I'm really craving that sour, salty, vinegar taste.
    Me: 31
    H: 36
    L & N twin girls: 3yo. Born at 30 weeks. 2 month NICU stay
    BFP Aug 2018: EDD April 2019
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    kangstadtkangstadt member
    edited September 2018
    My kid has a fever and I haven't been able to stomach the thought of anything today... so we got Wendy's for lunch.  Poor kid didn't even finish his frosty :frowning:.

On top of that, my dog is limping and yelping every time he jumps up on something and I have no clue why.

This week needs to go away already.

(This probably belongs more in weekly randoms, but oops...)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    During the day, I can eat anything, literally. At night, water makes me want to throw up. I'm currently downing pickles from Jimmy John's.
  • Options
    @kangstadt @lyse01

Thank you for the suggestions!

Yogurt is a good option. The grocery store I usually do my shopping at has like no granola selection so I’ll probaby have to order it. I’m not a huge fan of oatmeal, I can usually force down a bowl every now and then but couldn’t eat it every day. 

@sheepshepherdess I feel like I would have to go buy fruit every couple of days. I can’t seem to ever eat it all before it goes bad. do you have a trick? 

also I rarely have leftovers. Especially right now, dinners have been chili/tuna for DH, pb&j for DD and soup or whatever sounds marginally appealing to me. 

Also leftover pizza does not usually ever happen in my house. Like never unless it’s on purpose for lunch the next day. 
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

• Options
    @kangstadt Yes that was random, but boy do I want a frosty now... Hope your kid feels better soon :( 

@thatbaintforbetty I have to buy fruit almost weekly, if I want to have any, and I buy an assortment so that I can stagger. Berries go bad first so I only buy a few days' worth (or I buy a bunch on sale and freeze for smoothies). Peaches, apricots, plums, kiwi stay good on the counter for 1-2 weeks so I can buy a bit more of those. I don't know if you like them, but I also buy canned peaches or mangoes (I know it has too much sugar, but I can't help it), they are incredible in the yogurt.

Love granola but I am too cheap to buy it and too lazy to make it. If you find a good source let us know!

I get you on the leftovers, we've been struggling with meals for sure. I may tolerate something one day, and can't stand it the next, so leftovers can get inconvenient. Re: pizza, we always buy/make extra pizza so I can have cold pizza for breakfast because it's my favorite thing, but I don't have anyone else in the house who likes leftover pizza so I've got an advantage there. I think I know what I want for dinner now... 
  • Options
    @thatbaintforbetty I have to buy fruit a couple times a week but that’s because we eat it all! Now that DD is in school full time our consumption has calmed down but this summer we were going through 24 bananas, 2 quarts of strawberries, a bag of apples, 1/2 bag of clementines, tons of blueberries, and a bag of grapes weekly. I just store all my fruit (besides bananas) in the fridge and they last 7-10 days. 
  • Options
    I just ate pizza and now I want it again, but better and homemade.  Thanks @sheepshepherdess :tongue:.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I ate an entire dominos Cesar salad and 2 pieces of pizza. I intentionally have leftovers for tomorrow, lol.  

Mmmm pizza. 
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

• Options
    I keep cooking chicken meals, and then as soon as I try the chicken, nausea hits. Stupid chickens. 
  • Options
    Hi ladies.
    So I’m on the carb train right now too. I want all things to be garlic bread or pizza. 
    Raw meat is terrible right now to the point that I can’t even pick it up in the store. 
    Yesterday for lunch I had Doritos and 3 m&m cookies. terrible. 
    Other than garlic bread or pizza it’s been cheese. All things cheese. 
  • Options
    @kbirchtree I know what you mean, chicken is usually a favorite around here. Now, I can only eat it in fried white meat strips, or cut up into tiny pieces and "hidden" in meals. If I get a whiff of chicken smell, my stomach turns.

@thatbaintforbetty I'm so jealous, I can't seem to eat ice cream right now without massive gut pain. Haagen-Dazs is my favorite.

@izzymarie80 I was obsessed with cheese until about 8 weeks, I wanted every kind of cheese in the whole world. Still enjoying mozzarella now at 9 weeks.
  • Options
    @kbirchtree yeah I tried chicken once since my BFP and that was a pass. Thinking of it now isn't even really doing me well.