May 2019 Moms
Options

Ultrasounds

Re: Ultrasounds

• Options
    @sheenabear22 @GeorgiaGirl1230 @bpietronicco my son will be turning 6 in December after the baby is born! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Soa2009 Congrats and happy anniversary! Such a great ultrasound!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    mamajojo1981mamajojo1981 member
    edited October 2018
    (Admin can you delete this? Accidentally posted twice - thanks!)
    Went yesterday and measured 2 days ahead of schedule. Today I am 10w2d and my little tater tot looks like she/he likes to stretch or is practicing to be an olympic diver 😉😍

• Options
    @bumbly_b that will be the exact age gap of mine, thank you for sharing that. I've been kind of worried. 
  • Options
    @eatinwatermelonseeds. We had the typical sibling issues but nothing out of the ordinary. Biggest thing for my parents was the break in sports and other activities. Because of our age difference there was not much overlap. So I could go to his games and my parents didnt have to miss my events. 

We actually live together now and I'd be lost without him. 
  • Options
    Soo glad to hear I'm not the only one who will have a big age gap!  DS has been asking for a sibling for years now so he will be thrilled when we finally tell him (waiting until after 12 week appt just to be sure).  He will be such a good helper and since he's in school now that is a plus for me!  Although I'm a little surprised he hasn't asked more questions as to why mommy has been "sick" so long haha.  He's been great at letting me rest and bringing me plates of crackers and such, it's too cute.  
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    I have a 6 year gap between my sister and me and a 5 year gap between me and my brothers. My sister and I did a lot of bickering as kids, but what sisters don't? We are all very close now (my brothers and I pretty mu h always were). Other bonuses: older sibling can babysit, & only one in college at a time (generally)
    kids with flags
  • Options
    @kbeers13 I’m glad verything is ok. I hope it stays that way. FX all is well!
  • Options
    @kbeers13 I've had that happen! Are they simple cysts? I hope they are so that they will hopefully absorb on their own.  I remember that pain when they twisted....I thought I was dying.  Don't mean to scare you but it certainly is something you want to pay attention to.  

• Options
    @MaggieG183 thank you!
    @expandcontract they didn't say simple but they said all three are fluid only and could reabsorb on its own. It felt like I got kicked right inside my hip bone. I'm just happy it's not torted and I got to see LO
  • Options
    @kbeers13 Glad everything is ok! Hope the cysts resolve quickly without much pain! 
  • Options
    @kbeers13 that’s crazy! Glad to hear it’s not twisted.  Is it related to the pregnancy or just a weird coincidence?  An ultrasound and a chance to see the little one is always a nice silver lining to any health woes, I guess...
  • Options
    @anonellis we aren't sure. The ob said it could have been there before. Either way, she said it would probably reabsorb on its own once the placenta starts working which would be like next week. We'll be able to see if that's happening at the 12 week US
  • Options
    hope everything goes smoothly for you @kbeers13 !

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    @kbeers13 as if pregnancy wasn’t hard enough! Hoping they dissolve on their own!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    So exciting @BWhitta!!! Welcome to the boy club! 
    *TW*
    Me: 32 │ DH: 35 
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 2 MMC dx @ 13w 10/30/18
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• Options
    @BWhitta
    BUY ALL THE BABY BOY THINGS
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options
    @BWhitta What a great surprise!! Congratulations! That’s so exciting!! 
  • Options
    @BWhitta just doooo it! We are team green and since we already have all the boy things from DS I totally went to GAP and bought some cute onesies and pjs just in case #2 is a girl (not going to lie, I bought a couple cute onesies for baby if it’s a boy too...shhhhh! Don’t tell DH!) Don’t want to be caught off guard! And FYI, GAP is having a 50% off clearance sale so it’s not like you’ll even break the bank 😉 
  • Options

@k2k2tog what a great u/s! I'm so glad your DH and DD got to be there. Now I'm really contemplating taking DD to ours on Monday.

@BWhitta A BOY!!! Congratulations! I'm just so happy for you.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

PitaPata Dog tickers

• Options
    @knottie62c95aa339828f28 no, that's not typical as it's pretty early, just depends on the person doing it. Some will venture a guess, some may be confident, but a lot just won't even try. 
  • Options
    audrey_caudrey_c member
    edited October 2018
    @mamajojo1981 this is the most adorable ultrasound!! 
  • Options
    @wishiwaspreggo so exciting! You both will do great! Congratulations!! 
  • Options
    @sheenabear22 congrats! Our DD will be 7.5 when this one is born! The age gap is pretty substaintial but I am starting to find some really good things about it! Just think, we will have great helpers!
  • Options
    @megsb615 they don't do a NT scan? Can you ask for one anyway? I've realized a lot of places don't do a NT scan and I can't figure out why! I have one when I'll be exactly 12 weeks.

• Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge I guess not. The NP was saying insurance only covers one ultrasound unless there is a reason to do another one. I’ll have to ask my OB about it at my next appt and see what he says. I was under the impression they would do one if I didn’t have genetic testing done.