May 2019 Moms

Ultrasounds

1789101113»

Re: Ultrasounds

• @steph30032 lol it definitely adds to the charm. I love it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Had my 20 week scan last Thursday... got the worst picture printed ever! 😂 But all seems well, and that is all that matters. 

Baby boy #3 is a big mover and we couldn’t get a good picture of his face, all 4 heart chambers, cervical spine or a good view of the cord. So we’ll be scheduled for another scan in 2 weeks to get the rest of the views needed. Anyone else have this happen?
  • @elenichs I had mine friday and I agree the pictures they gave me were not good!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• @elenichs we had trouble getting good pictures of the heart so have to go back at end of this month. We also did not get very clear printouts - hoping next ones are better. 
  • @elenichs I had my first A/S last Monday, and babybwas hiding it's face behind my belly button, so I had to go back yesterday. This time, baby was hiding his face behind my pubic bone. So the tech sent me to pee, and I did some jumping jacks while in the bathroom. Luckily baby moved a bit so she could get all of the pics she needed. 

As far as I know, all is well with baby. I feel it moving around constantly. Now the challenge is getting my husband to feel baby move. Every time we try, movement stops. 
  • @sarah_is_pregnant Babies are so stubborn! I was into 3rd tri before DH was 100% able to feel DD1 move. She would stop or get really light whenever he tried. I think he was able to see her move against my belly around the same time he actually felt kicks. He still hasn't felt this one, but to be fair I have only felt her from the outside a few times. 

• Such a sweet chunky nugget. No evidence of a cleft lip at our second scan yesterday but we are still going to our MFM appointment on Friday just to be safe. It’s crazy how much little brother looks just like his big brother in this picture! Taken at 24 weeks 5 days.
  • That's great news @ashleaf2018 !
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Great news @ashleaf2018!

@sarah_is_pregnant both my fiance and I have only felt one kick from the outside and it scared the crap out of us! The first time he'd put his hand on my belly in 4 weeks (he works away) and it gave an almighty kick! Hopefully your DH gets to feel one soon :)
  • @elenichs I just had to schedule my third appointment! Little miss is such a wiggle worm they still couldn’t capture all the images needed. Hopefully third times the charm 😜
  • @wiseh @optbaby2017 I have felt baby move from the outside many times in the past few weeks. (S)he's a mover and a shaker. 
    I hope my husband gets to soon. I think it's hard to process both the feeling of someone else's hand on your belly, and the feeling of the kicks on the inside, unless it's a big one. 
  • Yes .couldn't see the heart chambers well so we go back for another ultrasound soon! 
  • So I just went in for my 22wk prenatal checkup, and had an impromptu ultrasound because of a bad bump I took in my car last weekend (hit a curb trying to park and flattenedmy tire. Ooops!). Thankfully our little man is perfectly fine, but my doctor happened to mention during the ultrasound that I have an anterior placenta. We weren't told that by MFM doctor during our A/S, so that was brand new information.

That totally explains why I haven't felt many forceful kicks or punches, even at 22wks: the little guy is hitting the placenta and not me!! This puts my mama mind at ease, but now I'm bummed out because I'm assuming it's going to take longer for my husband to feel him. Who else has experience with an anterior placenta? When could baby be felt from the outside?
  • intheluep said:
    So I just went in for my 22wk prenatal checkup, and had an impromptu ultrasound because of a bad bump I took in my car last weekend (hit a curb trying to park and flattenedmy tire. Ooops!). Thankfully our little man is perfectly fine, but my doctor happened to mention during the ultrasound that I have an anterior placenta. We weren't told that by MFM doctor during our A/S, so that was brand new information.

That totally explains why I haven't felt many forceful kicks or punches, even at 22wks: the little guy is hitting the placenta and not me!! This puts my mama mind at ease, but now I'm bummed out because I'm assuming it's going to take longer for my husband to feel him. Who else has experience with an anterior placenta? When could baby be felt from the outside?
    I have an anterior placenta as well. When baby is breech, I feel him really low (under the placenta). When he's flipping around I can feel him through the placenta and on the sides. I'm 23 w. 2 days. 
  • @intheluep I had an anterior placenta with DD and have one again with this LO. With both, I felt/feel the strongest kicks where the placenta isn't covering (like this pregnancy the placenta is more on my right side, so I mostly notice when she kicks/rolls/elbows down and left). I can push on her, though, and feel her move around from the outside. You and DH will definitely start to feel baby from the outside as things progress as baby gets stronger and starts to take up more space. Just might be another week or two, and take some patience.
  • @intheluep I have an anterior placenta and similarly to @optbaby2017 I can feel the baby where the placenta isn’t. I have a low lying placenta so can feel movement up the top. This is getting more frequent and stronger as time goes on - noticeably feeling pillows im cuddled against moving during kicks now. It stops moving when my hands are on my belly so haven’t felt kicks that way yet. The baby’s head is also firmly wedged in my pelvis already so I feel a lot around my cervix which your hubby won’t be able to feel, but it is definitely an odd feeling! 
  • @intheluep - I also have an anterior placenta and feel the baby when he is low in my belly - at night DH can feel him too and he's been pretty good at kicking me on the bladder. I'm 22w 5d and really looking forward to feeling more kicks on the sides.