May 2019 Moms
Options

Ultrasounds

Re: Ultrasounds

• Options
    I’m having twins. I don’t know how I feel about this.

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @wishiwaspreggo what a blessing! 
  • Options
    @wishiwaspreggo you are going to rock this! 
  • Options
    @wishiwaspreggo That's amazing!! I am kinda nervous about that myself, but you are going to rock it! What a blessing!
  • Options
    @wishiwaspreggo congratulations!
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    @wishiwaspreggo I can't imagine the shock you're feeling right now, but it's going to be amazing and you and your wife will rock being twin moms. How is she handling the news?
  • Options
    @wishiwaspreggo congrats! Time for some self love time to help you process this shock lol
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @wishiwaspreggo that is big news! Exciting though!!!
  • Options
    @wishiwaspreggo Double the love. I can't imagine life without one of my brothers. Having two of them has brought us all closer together.
    kids with flags
  • Options
    @wishiwaspreggo I’ve mentioned this elsewhere - I’m having a singleton I have twins who are 20 months.  My husband and I look back on the day we found out we were having twins as the craziest, biggest day of our lives (even more than the day we were born, which is a total blur to me anyway). Happy to discuss any time.  

And Twiniversity is a great place to start! She has a book which is not as helpful as the website.  I follow her on Instagram.  For a more medical-focused pregnancy book, When You’re Expecting Twins, Triplets, or Quads is a good one (and will make you feel better since di/di Twins are the safest, lowest-risk multiples pregnancy you can have).  Whenever you feel comfortable down the road, I strongly suggest joining a local twins group bc you’ll have a different pregnancy and newborn experience than others and it can be hard to relate to people with singletons at first. 
  • Options
    @wishiwaspreggo So excited for you! You’re going to rock this. Totally normal to have mixed emotions- we’re here for you!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    @heavenlytee617 I totally get you on being nervous; I’m a FTM too and I’m the same way. Good luck! Sending good vibes your way 😊

Edited for typo
    New mommy to be!
    EDD: 05/27/19
    hoping for a girl!!!
  • Options
    @fifthemperorofthesea due date buddies! Haha. I had calculated it myself to be 7w5d at that point and was excited because May 26th is John Wayne's birthday. Oh well, it's not like babies really come on their due date anyways. DH still likes to call the LO "Duke" as a nickname. No gender yet of course, but it's cute. Congratulations as well on the healthy lil babe!
  • Options
    Not sure if this is where it belongs, but I feel like it does. Have you guys been getting transvaginal ultrasounds or abdominal ultrasounds? I had a transvaginal ultrasound, wasn’t offered an abdominal.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @mrskoz428 all mine have been transvaginal so far. 
  • Options
    @mrskoz428 I had a abdominal US but when I went in I was 10w+4. I also drank tons of water before hand just in case so they would have the option. It definitely helped because my uterus was pushed up so high they were able to find baby in less than a second and we were able to hear the heart beat right away. Had to empty my bladder though for them to fine my ovaries though. 😂  My US was certainly on the later end for most patients dating scans though. My first and second with DS we both transvaginal (6w+1 and 10w).
  • Options
    @segiesue I’m going to pretend like I didn’t have to look up who John Wayne is... 😂 but hey now they share birthdays with Chris Brown’s daughter! Lol

@mrskoz428 when I went in at 7 weeks 4 days I got an abdominal US. They did say they may have to do a transvaginal US if they weren’t able to find baby, but they were able to without any trouble.

Btw random but I do not like the word transvaginal, it just sounds weird and gross to say. Maybe saying anything with “vaginal” in it is gross to me though. 😂
    New mommy to be!
    EDD: 05/27/19
    hoping for a girl!!!
  • Options
    @psychobutthead yes please! @fifthemperorofthesea agreed, transvaginal just sounds cringey! 😂😂

@MaggieG183 I measured exactly 10w at my ultrasound (2 days ahead of schedule) but they did it via dildo can (😂). My bladder was so full when I went in hoping for an abdominal but I wasn’t even given the option. I don’t like how my body feels after the TV ultrasound. I feel extra crampy. 🤷🏽‍♀️
  • Options
    @mrskoz428 I had both done yesterday. 

I'm 9+6 and they could see baby with the abdominal scan but wanted a better looks so we did an internal scan as well  
  • Options
    @mrskoz428 they don't do on top of the stomach ultrasounds for dating scans and when they feel you are earlier because its harder to find the baby. 

ERs don't care and even if you go in early for an emergency they will do on the stomach ones.  At least in my experience.
    Pregnancy #1 DD 08.30.2007
    Pregnancy #2 Natural Miscarriage at 6 weeks 03/2014 Due date 11/9/2014
    Pregnancy #3 DS 02.23.2015
    Pregnancy #4 Missed Miscarriage at 11 weeks 11/2018 Due date 5/22/2019
    Pregnancy #5 Positive test 12/11/2019 Due Date 8/17/2020

• Options
    @psychobutthead it wasn’t necessarily a dating scan. More of a diagnostic scan. I’m hoping for no more of those. I just didn’t like it. Very uncomfortable and my body still hates me for it.
  • Options
    FWIW this is my fourth pregnancy and I've never had a transvaginal US. Mine have all been abdominal (including my most recent one at 9w). I think this just varies by practice.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    mrskoz428 said:
    @psychobutthead it wasn’t necessarily a dating scan. More of a diagnostic scan. I’m hoping for no more of those. I just didn’t like it. Very uncomfortable and my body still hates me for it.
    Yeah they arent typically gentle with it. 
    Pregnancy #1 DD 08.30.2007
    Pregnancy #2 Natural Miscarriage at 6 weeks 03/2014 Due date 11/9/2014
    Pregnancy #3 DS 02.23.2015
    Pregnancy #4 Missed Miscarriage at 11 weeks 11/2018 Due date 5/22/2019
    Pregnancy #5 Positive test 12/11/2019 Due Date 8/17/2020

• Options
    @wishiwaspreggo congratulations!! I know you will rock this, but totally understand that you’re feeling overwhelmed. It’s big news!!
    *TW*
    Me: 32 │ DH: 35 
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 2 MMC dx @ 13w 10/30/18
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge i agree with you 1000%