May 2019 Moms
Options

Ultrasounds

Re: Ultrasounds

• Options
    @eatinwatermelonseeds @DuchessOfCambridge @journey721 oh, I totally agree I’m not calling it something it’s not. I was taught to call my vagina a “chippie” and my nephew was taught to his penis a “dinger”. Looking back at it, it’s weird. I’ll bebusing anatomically correct words with my kiddos. But I was also in the medical field at one point, as well. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @mrskoz428 my mom called mine a "binky" when I was a kid. Which is super weird when you really think about it. She never explained where it came from. 
  • Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge I think that's a good plan, kids are only looking for the most basic answer when they ask questions. At least for a while. They're not looking for a long talk about birds and bees. I just handle his questions very matter of fact and he loses interest rather quickly. As long as it makes sense he's just like "oh, okay." Sex has not come up, but I should probably prepare a super simple answer for him so I'm not caught off guard. Right now I could probably just change the subject and he wouldnt notice, but I do want to address his questions as he asks, so I should get prepared. 
  • Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge I agree, and it shouldn’t bother me, but for some reason the word just sounds kind of cringy to me. Not really vagina, but “vag” or “vaginal” or most of all “transvaginal” just sounds weird when rolling off the tongue. It’s like saying moist lol it’s weird

@psychobutthead okay maybe we can stick with transvaginal 😂 I’ll just have to get used to it. Uncomfortable name for an uncomfortable device lol
    New mommy to be!
    EDD: 05/27/19
    hoping for a girl!!!
  • Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge I agree, and it shouldn’t bother me, but for some reason the word just sounds kind of cringy to me. Not really vagina, but “vag” or “vaginal” or most of all “transvaginal” just sounds weird when rolling off the tongue. It’s like saying moist lol it’s weird

@psychobutthead okay maybe we can stick with transvaginal 😂 I’ll just have to get used to it. Uncomfortable name for an uncomfortable device lol
    This though! 😂😂
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @mrskoz428 Most (but not all) will have a transvaginal early on - not scientific but the NT will be abdominal which is usually at 12 weeks so I doubt you'll have another transvaginal one.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    I'm starting to wonder if my OB scheduled my NT too soon. I'll be 9w5d on the day of the NT yet I read it's usually done 10-12 weeks. Anyone else have it that early?
  • Options
    @mamajojo1981 the form from my OB (it's all done through the state of CA) says the ultrasound has to be done between 11+2 and 14+1, allow a 3 day margin of error, and 12 weeks is highly recommended. Maybe call and ask.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    kvh22 said:
    @mamajojo1981 the form from my OB (it's all done through the state of CA) says the ultrasound has to be done between 11+2 and 14+1, allow a 3 day margin of error, and 12 weeks is highly recommended. Maybe call and ask.
    Thanks - I will call them on my lunch break!!!

• Options
    @kbeers13 my son measured 5 days behind and they changed my due date. He came 3 weeks early and was over 7lbs. I swear his first ultrasound was wrong. Basically, +\- that close together is no big deal. 
  • Options
    @kbeers13 we had the exact same difference at our first ultrasound.  Two weeks later the baby totally caught up.  Congrats! 
  • Options
    @kbeers13 I’m glad you go to see and hear the heartbeat!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    @kbeers13 I’m glad you go to see and hear the heartbeat!

• Options
    @kbeers13 Wonderful news!!
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• Options
    @kbeers13 how wonderful! I'm so happy for you. That heartbeat is a beautiful sight.
  • Options
    @wishiwaspreggo Aah! Congratulations!! That’s so exciting (and i’m sure scary)! You’ll do great! 

@mrskoz My ultrasound at 6 weeks was transvaginal. It’s pretty typical early on. That should be the only one you have though. 

@mamajojo1981 That seems early. My on office usually schedules them around 12 or 13 weeks. 

@kbeers13 Yay! That’s so awesome! 
  • Options
    Hi, ladies! Wanted to wait until my US to post 😊 due May 24! My second baby. 
    can anyone tell me what that sac looking thing under the baby is? It was rather big when we went. 
    *also looks like there’s another baby in there. 😂*
    Your doc can tell you. Welcome.
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options
    Hi, ladies! Wanted to wait until my US to post 😊 due May 24! My second baby. 
    can anyone tell me what that sac looking thing under the baby is? It was rather big when we went. 
    *also looks like there’s another baby in there. 😂*
    Due date twins 👯 I’m May 24 also 😊
  • Options
    @jkduer congrats on the great ultrasound! Glad to hear the sch got smaller
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

@kbeers so glad for you! That's exactly how my DD measured when we first went in. All was perfect!

@keighty80 I'm so happy you got to see baby and all is well!!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

PitaPata Dog tickers

• Options
    Saying a prayer! Please keep us updated!
  • Options
    @jkduer you got a great clear pic!
  • Options
    @wishiwaspreggo, WOW! Congrats! I’m sure the news was a shock, but I’m confident you and your wife will adjust to the idea and totally rock this. 
    @BWhitta, congrats on “graduating” to the OB! That’s a good looking US. I’m also getting killed by the fatigue this week...been barely able to keep my eyes open most nights and have barely been on the app/site.
    @kbeers13 and @jkduer, congrats on the great scans. Hope things continue to go well!

• Options
    @sheenabear22 Congrats! My DD will be 6 about 10 days before my due date, so we've got the age gap too. I really they they are going to be super helpers though! Have you told your son yet?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

PitaPata Dog tickers

• Options
    @sheenabear22 and @GeorgiaGirl1230.  My daughter will be 6  three months after this baby is born so big gap here as well.  I agree that she will be a big help and I am looking forward to being able to spend quality time with this baby while she is at school.