February 2019 Moms
Options

Anatomy Scan

Re: Anatomy Scan

• Options
    @JamieH2000 Nipe, i actually saw the NP right before. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Nope, can't find anything... 😣
    Mine didn't show up for a week or so. Might just take some time. 
  • Options
    @JamieH2000- Very cool about the donor egg thing (not the struggle obviously). It always gives me a little happy peace to read that because I was an egg donor in my early twenties. I'm glad that's something that is proving fruitful for you!
  • Options
    @grebretso congrats on the boy! Boy mom here, too, I think it will be great :smile:
  • Options
    Hooray for baby looking good, @jessier19! We also got a thumbs up, too cute! 
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    As long as you don’t give one of the DIL’s your son’s foreskin you’re ahead of the curve @kayjay44
    Touché  :D I didn’t save DS1 so I guess I’ll have to make sure to save DS2s. 

Jk. That’s gross and my MIL is insane. 

KBJ-SEJ married 8.18.2012
    BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016
    BFP 6.8.2018 EDD 02.18.2019

• Options
    @bww_0331 - I’m with ya! Mine is Thursday 10/11. We know it is a boy from NIPT but I’m eager to see the little dude! 
    T & J 5.9.09
    MMC 2.12.11 @ 8w
    PVM 5.8.12
    GWM 3.17.15
    RPM 2.21.19

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Had my scan Thursday. Overall it went well. Wealready knew it was a boy based on previous scans so that wasn't a surprise. It was funny to actually see him rolling around, kicking and moving like crazy. I knew I felt him going crazy! Tech said we will have our hands full. 

The downsides: he is measuring in the 49th percentile which seems low to me but tech amd doc said it was fine. 2nd low point was the tech saw a 2 vessel cord versus 3 which could pose problems for littlw dude. Instead of having 2 arteries(veins maybe?) there is only 1 of each. I am waiting on a call from the fetal echo place to make an appoinment to ensure his heart is good. But with all his activity lately, I like to think he is ok! Fingers crossed
  • Options
    @okayestmom12 glad to know someone else is still waiting too! I was due the 1st Of the month last time so it’s a bit odd to be the last of a BMB to experience things! Ha
  • Options
    @hnbergeron- Hope that's just his quirk and all is fine!  Keep us posted.
  • Options
    etnyahetnyah member
    edited October 2018
    @hnbergeron 49th percentile is almost right on the average mark! My boy is 43rd percentile and I’m not even worried. The tech said it’s perfectly fine too and well within normal range. Besides, smaller babies maybe means easier births, right? At least that’s what I’m hoping! Hope you get reassurance re: vessel cord worries soon!
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    @hnbergeron - 49% is fine! It’s average if you think about it. Fingers crossed that the cord worries are cleared up soon! 

@bww_0331 - same for me! My DD was early May and DS was mid March. Being due on the very last day of the month (even though my c/s is a week prior) is a different experience! 
    T & J 5.9.09
    MMC 2.12.11 @ 8w
    PVM 5.8.12
    GWM 3.17.15
    RPM 2.21.19

• Options
    Thanks all for the support! The growth thing wasn't concerning to me at first but then when they said the cord issue can cause a him to be on the smaller side, it freaked me out a bit. I don't mind giving birth to a small kid but I don't want to have to be induced if possible. A friend of mine got induced 3 weeks early because the baby stopped growing. For now worst case scenario, I would have to go for scans more often to ensure he is growing. I translated that as dollar signs right now. I already maxed out the insurance and still owe the hosputal over $3,000 for my appendix removal two months ago. 
  • Options
    @JamieH2000-  It feels like another lifetime ago by now, and actually they could not even tell me if it worked after, because of whatever privacy restrictions I had signed and of course didn't know I had signed... but I get it. I always hoped it did work, and I guess I assume it did, considering I was a junior in college then, and how bizarrely fertile I still am in my early 40s (lucky freak).  That's why it's nice to hear about it working because it helps me think it worked when I did it. :)
  • Options
    @sjnsjnsjn- I think things have changed a lot! Now our donor gets to know if there are births and we are both obligated to share any medical updates (both sides) that could effect her children or ours. We actually exchanged full names as well just in case we need it in the future. Our donor doesn’t want to be contacted beside medical things, which I respect. But hopefully if our child ever felt the need to reach out, she would be open to it just for the mental health of the child. Donor sibling registry is big these days and lots of families with the same donor can connect. Donors can also join and connect with families if they wish. I think Donor egg is about 20 years behind adoption (as far as openess) and now it’s recommended to be as open with the children as you can and make it normal from day 1. 
    History in Spoiler

Age: 32 (same with DH). Together since 2006, Married June 2013 and TTC since August 2015
    Diagnosis: Mild Endo, DOR (AMH of 1.5), Poor Quality Eggs/embryos, Displaced Window of Implantation (ERA Post Receptive)
    March-May 2016: 1 TI and 2 IUIs- BFN 
    June 2016- Laproscopy- found/removed mild endo and confirmed only 1 normal healthy ovary.
    August 2016- IVF #1 with Antagonist Protocol- Cancelled (2 lead follies), converted to IUI- BFN
    Oct-Nov 2016- IVF #2 with Estrogen Priming Micro Lupron Protocol, 2 eggs retrieved, day 3 transfer of 1- BFN
    January 2017- New RE, IVF#3 with Estrogen Priming Antagonist Protocol, 12 eggs, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, 2 day 5 early blasts transferred (none to freeze :(), BFN
    May 2017- Sept 2017- Starting Donor Egg process! Waiting for donor to be available... and then she is pregnant at baseline :(
    Oct 2017- Donor #2: 25R, 22M,18F, 12 blasts frozen! Fresh transfer cancelled due to thin lining with fluid :(
    Nov 2017- Hysterscopy to remove polyp
    Dec 2017- DE FET #1 on 12/8 on 2 perfect blasts- BFN and devastated
    Jan-Mar 2018- ERA #1- Post receptive by 24 hours, ERA #2 RECEPTIVE with 4 days of Progesterone
    Apr 2018- DE FET cancelled for lining issues :(
    Jun 2018- DE FET #2 of two 1AA blasts- first BFP ever! Beta 10dp5dt- 378, Beta 14dp5dt- 2840, Beta 16dp5dt- 4035, beta 18dp5dt- 10916. Due on 2/20 with one baby after a vanishing twin
    Baby Born born early @ 33.5 weeks due to Pre-e
    Back for # 2!
  • Options
    @JamieH2000- That is so interesting. I must have been the early days of it. It was maybe 1997!
  • Options
    @JamieH2000 I have done 2 donations in the past 6 years I no the first one resulted in twin boys. The remaining eggs she had gifted to a family member of there’s  that also had 2 twin boys. The only contact we have is medical and i was notified when they gifted the remainder as for the second donation I have never been notified if it was used or not. I don’t view it like and kind of connection at all it was the same as giving blood to me. I don’t think I would be  comfortable with them every reaching out. 
  • Options
    @hnbergeron your friend was likely induced because of IUGR which is usually linked to placental issues and other maternal health issues, not necessarily a 2 vessel cord.
  • Options
    @grebretso a lot of my friends have told me that their smallest baby was their hardest delivery, so I guess you never know lol
  • Options
    Haha @cmjenkies, you're right. I have three siblings, of all four of us I was the smallest by far, but my mom says it was the hardest delivery because I was breach. Ouch! I guess you never know what you'll get. A girl can hope though!
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    @grebretso mine were 8#4 and 7#11, neither was a bad delivery but I was totally unmedicated with my second due to a completely failed epidural and I had a better recovery plus less tearing with her and she was the smaller of the two ;)
  • Options
    Ugh I’m getting antsy about my results. The tech told me everything looked fine and I should have the official results from the dr next working day, but it’s been almost a week and no word. With the two previous USs I had my results within a day or two. I know everything most likely perfectly normal, but what’s the holdup? 
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    @grebretso I know that my OB really doesn't give the results until my next appointment and anything other than that would be if something were out of the ordinary.  Maybe no news is good news? 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @danixbanani24 Yeah, I’m not really worried about the results, I’d just like to see them. At the place I go to they post all results online as soon as they’re ready, and when they do I get an email notification as well as a notification on my app. 

Besides a couple blood tests that generally take long, I’ve never had to wait a week before! Especially since the tech said “next working day” I was expecting results last Monday.
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    etnyahetnyah member
    edited October 2018
    Oh that’s funny. Just got my results as soon as I sent that message! Everything looks fine with baby, except they put me on pelvic rest till week 32 when I’ll need another ultrasound due to my low lying placenta. Good thing I never got that high 2nd-tri libido!
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    They posted all of my results online right away, without any explanation except for "everything looks normal". So basically I have to wait until my OB appointment in two weeks to get details on things. One thing that somewhat concerns me is that all of the measurements for the baby are above the 95th percentile (femur length, head circumference, and all of the other weird measurements that they took). That makes me nervous that I have GD or some other issue that's causing the baby to be really big. Trying to remind myself that percentiles at this point are on a pretty wide bell curve of "normal", and that if they were concerned they hopefully would have flagged something by now AS was two weeks ago).
  • Options
    Its so odd to me that any of you have to wait for your results from the AS at all. I guess I’m just assuming that every practice is like mine. Ultrasound is within the office and you always see the OB for an appt immediately after and she talks to you about the results. 
  • Options
    @cmjenkies I saw an OB right after the scan, but she didn't show us the results then. She just said "everything looks normal; you're healthy and baby is healthy!". The results with actual measurements and percentiles were posted to my patient portal the next day.
  • Options
    @cmjenkies I guess all practices are different. At the hospital I go to, any US happens at the imaging department which is different from OB/MW. In the waiting room there are people getting images of their healing bones, lungs, kidneys and babies.

For my first tri/dating scan they sent the US results directly to my OB and I had an appt right after, but for my NT and AS the report was written by a different doctor, and sent to me and to my OB later on, and there's no OB appt connected to the scan itself. OB will talk about the results at the following appt though.
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    I was lucky to see my doctor immediately after my scan... but I didn't even think to ask what percentile the baby was measuring. They don't post any results to the portal. Is this necessary info to know? 
  • Options
    I doubt it @ohsunnydays. Unless your doctor says baby in unusually small or large, I don't think there's anything to worry about. 
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    @ohsunnydays No, not if the doctors say everything looks good. I'm just a lunatic who likes to worry over everything. Don't mind me. :D
  • Options
    @grebretso Sounds good to me. One less thing for me to be paranoid about. Ha!