February 2019 Moms

Anatomy Scan

lifeislove87lifeislove87 member
edited September 2018 in February 2019 Moms
Wondering if we could make a place to discuss our anatomy scan results?

I had mine today. Everything looked okay with the exception of an extra lobe on my placenta. Anyone have any experience.  I don’t have a doctors appointment until the 10th, google says not really a big deal. So far cervix is measuring okay (had cervical incompetence in my last pregnancy so it’s being closely watched. Oh and we remain team green (baby kept legs tightly crossed, oh well)

Anyone else have theirs yet? 

Re: Anatomy Scan

• I'm glad you started this @lifeislove87! I was hoping to hear some experiences before mine in 2 weeks. 
    Had baby not kept their legs crossed would you have found out the sex today? I do not want to find out under any circumstances and I have visions of the tech showing me the genitals by accident  :#  
  • Loading the player...
  • @kayjay44 I know right? I'm four weeks from being halfway, so no anatomy scan for me yet, but it's so close! I'll make an appt for it next week while I'm in for my routine OB appt. Hopefully I'll get my AS by the end of this month! 
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • I won't have mine until this Thursday, but thank you for starting the thread! I hope mine is uneventful. Glad to know your baby is healthy! 

I'm terrified someone is going to slip and tell me the sex. I am team green, and I want it to stay that way. 
  • @becks_726, nope! We are pretty solidly team green but the tech let us know that even if we wanted to know there was zero chance of baby moving (he/she slept the whole time), so as of now no one knows the sex of this baby still!
  • Mine is the 13th! I’m counting down the days. I’m solidly not team green (I envy your patience!) and can’t wait to find out if it’s a boy or girl. I also feel like every chance to see this baby is a huge weight off my shoulders after my SCH, so I just can’t wajt to see it’s little face again. 
  • I don’t have mine until the end of the month. I already know the sex but it’ll be the first time H and kiddo get to see baby. 
  • @kayjay44 I literally said this to my husband yesterday, I feel like this has been the fastest pregnancy
  • I have mine on the 10th, excited to get another peek!  We're team green too and I hope it stays that way.
  • @mechekitty last pregnancy I had twice weekly ultrasounds due to being super high risk and I still was able to stay team green, but I always told the tech at the start of the scan 
  • @BourbonBiscuits Saaame. I'm so anxious to find out the sex! Also I just want to actually see that everything's ok in there, it's been 4 weeks since my last US and I don't have a doppler. Hoping my doc will listen for the heartbeat in my appt next week, because even though I have symptoms and my stomach is growing, I still need the reassurance! I wish I could feel movement (and I thought I did at week 14, but haven't felt anything since), but being a FTM with an anterior placenta I know that might still be ways off. 
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • @grebretso , I am not sure where my placenta is... but I dont think I've felt much, if anything either and Im at 18w.  A couple times I wasn't sure... but based on what people say, I'd think it would be more obvious and I'd know?  So anxious to start feeling some movement.  I do have a doppler but have limited it's use to only 3 times so far... each time I can find the HB though, and we checked yesterday morning.
  • I'm on the 13th too! We're going to try not to find out during the scan and then do some fun reveal with the kids later in the day. They're going with us so I'm really excited to see how they react to seeing their little brother or sister on the tv!
  • @cass06_07 They told me I had an anterior placenta at the NT scan, which apparently can make it harder to feel movements in the beginning since it adds an extra layer of padding. I'm 16 weeks tomorrow, but I guess for FTM's it's normal not to feel anything even after 20 weeks. I'm not worried about not feeling anything yet, and I don't think you should be either, but I'm just so anxious to feel something so I can be reassured! Sounds like it's the same way for you!
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • edited September 2018
    Thanks for starting this! Mine is on Thursday, so it's been on my mind lately.
  • Mine isn’t until the 20th but I’m considering moving it up to the weekend before so my DS can come and see “baby brother” 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Thanks for starting this thread! Mine is the 27th and I’m anxious every time I think about it. 
  • I did have an early AS at 14 weeks and everything looked good then. I’ll still have a regular one at 20 weeks. 

KBJ-SEJ married 8.18.2012
    BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016
    BFP 6.8.2018 EDD 02.18.2019

• I have an appointment tomorrow, but not AS, and if they won't go ahead and do it then, I am going to try to schedule the AS next week. I'm 17+5 today, but since our shower has to be early everyone is already hounding me about finding out a.s.a.p. I have already registered for plenty of neutral stuff, but I know nobody ever really buys off those. They buy whatever cute thing they wanna buy, lol. 
    @grebretso I feel you about wanting to see what is going on in there! It's been 9 weeks since my last US, but each doc visit we hear a healthy heartbeat on doppler, so my mind isn't in full blown anxiety mode. 
  • @danixbanani24 mine is on the 20th too! I’m only going to be 18 weeks at that point though and I’m worried my doctor scheduled it too early. I definitely want to know the sex so I hope they can tell. @grebretso this is my first as well and I’m 16 weeks tomorrow. I haven’t felt anything yet but I also have a retroverted uterus so baby is slowly making its way forward in my abdomen. 
  • @grebretso this is my second and BOTH have been anterior placentas. I’m 16.5w and have MAYBE felt something twice or maybe gas. The anterior definitely seems to take longer but you’ll feel full strength later in the pregnancy.

i have my 16w early anatomy scan today. Wish me luck! Hoping everything looks normal.
  • @emmy_wren not sure where you are located but where I am in Canada they normally schedule it around 18 weeks, definitely not too early to see everything although the scan itself requires a cooperative baby so it’s not uncommon to have to go back for more pictures 
  • I have mine on the 17th at 19 weeks and, although I have had a ton of scans this pregnancy (because I also had an SCH and a vanishing twin), had a an all-clear NIPT, I am still pretty anxious about it.  Just in my nature!
    Beware of looking too closely in the nether parts, if you're committed team green. At my 14 week scan, my SO was like, oh is that a penis?!  Yes yes it was!  But we weren't team green so not an issue, but funny.  You might see some ish if it's a boy ;)
  • @lifeislove87 thanks! That makes me feel better. I’m in the US and I’ve heard 18-20 weeks is fine (and I totally trust my doctor!) but it seems like all of my friends who are currently pregnant had theirs at week 20 or have it scheduled for week 20. 
  • @cass06_07 I have mine on the 10th as well! I’m counting down the days. I’ll be 19 weeks and haven’t seen baby since 9 weeks. 
  • @ssag good luck with your scan today! Will be thinking of you!
  • grebretso said:
    @kayjay44 I know right? I'm four weeks from being halfway, so no anatomy scan for me yet, but it's so close! I'll make an appt for it next week while I'm in for my routine OB appt. Hopefully I'll get my AS by the end of this month! 
    Same. It’s “far” but not really! 
    T & J 5.9.09
    MMC 2.12.11 @ 8w
    PVM 5.8.12
    GWM 3.17.15
    RPM 2.21.19

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @emmy_wren My uterus is tilted too! So I have all the odds against me for feeling the baby move early, ha. Although I think my uterus is straightening out, at my NT scan they told me it was still tilted backwards, but should be moving forward soon and that was four weeks ago. Of course, baby preferred hanging out way in the back. So yeah, rationally I’m not worried I can’t feel anything, but I still worry because it would be nice to have some reassurance.
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • cas060cas060 member
    edited September 2018
    @allthingsgo,  Ill be 19 +1weeks then too!
  • @emmy_wren mine was at 18+5 today and they were able to see everything 
  • @emmy_wren mine is scheduled for 18wks as well. Usually anywhere between 18-22wks is a good time for measuring anatomy. If they can't get everything, they will schedule you for another U/S. 

@grebretso with my DD, I didn't feel movement until 24wks. It was so late, and I was always worrying myself over it. I still haven't felt much of anything with this pregnancy either. 

@lifeislove87 that is great to know! I'm more concerned about my OB blurting it out without asking me. I feel like I need to wear a sign that says, "please don't tell me the sex!"
  • I just scheduled mine for 10/2 which seems like forever away. @grebretso and others who are nearing 16 weeks I guess we'll be finding stuff out around the same time! I am not team green, this will be my first baby and I want as few surprises as possible!
  • Same @eggsandwich2019, I want to know everything! I’m really impressed by anyone able to stay team green, I do not have the patience for that at all. With my luck though, baby will be crossing its legs during the AS.
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • We were team green for youngest DS but then everything went sideways during my c/s and I had to be knocked out in the middle of it. I missed his birth and it felt like half the hospital knew I had a boy before I did. DH didn't want to find out this time but I just can't after what happened.
  • I knew right away, but this isn't my first rodeo. lol For a girl, you're looking for three "lines" (the vulva pretty much, it will look swollen so some mistake it for balls which is why...) for a boy you're specifically looking for a penis. The vulva is pretty swollen at this stage, so can easily be mistaken for a boy by someone who doesn't know what to look for. 
  • I’ll be 21+1 at mine, which is the latest AS I’ve had of my 3 kids. 
  • We have 5 weeks until this scan, but I'm really feeling like this little one is a girl! Can't wait to find out. 
  • Jealous of you ladies who get it before 20 weeks! My place refused even tho 19+2 would have been the day before my bday and I really wanted to have a little reveal if we did something with family/friends this weekend. Waiting until 10/5 and it feels forever away!
    History in Spoiler

Age: 32 (same with DH). Together since 2006, Married June 2013 and TTC since August 2015
    Diagnosis: Mild Endo, DOR (AMH of 1.5), Poor Quality Eggs/embryos, Displaced Window of Implantation (ERA Post Receptive)
    March-May 2016: 1 TI and 2 IUIs- BFN 
    June 2016- Laproscopy- found/removed mild endo and confirmed only 1 normal healthy ovary.
    August 2016- IVF #1 with Antagonist Protocol- Cancelled (2 lead follies), converted to IUI- BFN
    Oct-Nov 2016- IVF #2 with Estrogen Priming Micro Lupron Protocol, 2 eggs retrieved, day 3 transfer of 1- BFN
    January 2017- New RE, IVF#3 with Estrogen Priming Antagonist Protocol, 12 eggs, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, 2 day 5 early blasts transferred (none to freeze :(), BFN
    May 2017- Sept 2017- Starting Donor Egg process! Waiting for donor to be available... and then she is pregnant at baseline :(
    Oct 2017- Donor #2: 25R, 22M,18F, 12 blasts frozen! Fresh transfer cancelled due to thin lining with fluid :(
    Nov 2017- Hysterscopy to remove polyp
    Dec 2017- DE FET #1 on 12/8 on 2 perfect blasts- BFN and devastated
    Jan-Mar 2018- ERA #1- Post receptive by 24 hours, ERA #2 RECEPTIVE with 4 days of Progesterone
    Apr 2018- DE FET cancelled for lining issues :(
    Jun 2018- DE FET #2 of two 1AA blasts- first BFP ever! Beta 10dp5dt- 378, Beta 14dp5dt- 2840, Beta 16dp5dt- 4035, beta 18dp5dt- 10916. Due on 2/20 with one baby after a vanishing twin
    Baby Born born early @ 33.5 weeks due to Pre-e
    Back for # 2!