November 2018 Moms
Options

Questions -- Month of September

12346»

Re: Questions -- Month of September

• Options
    highsteakshighsteaks member
    edited September 2018
    @wildrainbow my cousin recommended it for post-csection too, without me even inquiring about it first. she said pretty much exactly what @wannaflickone said about asking for one right away at the hospital.
  • Options
    @linz36 I’ve been looking for something like this!! I did not like what I wore after my son (felt awkward, was bulky, and rode up when I sat down) so I’ve been meaning to purchase something new to wear postpartum this time around.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Is anyone planning a fun costume for Halloween? Don’t laugh but I’m thinking of being Pooh Bear with a big belly (I love Pooh in case you can’t tell from my profile pic lol), but I’m wondering if that’s super unoriginal.
    My daughter wants me to be an avocado. 
  • Options
    linz36 said:
    @wildrainbow regardless of whether I delivery vaginally or by c-section I plan to use the postpartum binder thing by mamastrut. It’s made to be worn right after birth and holds pads/ice packs in place. It was developed by a nurse and has great reviews!

https://www.mamastrut.com/
    Thanks for sharing this! I was just coming in to ask about binders 
  • Options
    Really intrigued about that binder thing. I am going to have to look into this.

I did just buy one of these gowns.  Two main reasons: I was induced last time (prob this time too) and I had all these monitors strapped to my belly. This gives easy access to them. I had to hike up the hospital gown last time and I felt kind of constricted.  But the main reason is the hospital gown comes up really high to the collar and after they put him on my chest it was a real pain to drag the gown down and put him on my skin. And I was basically naked up top then. Which...ok all those people are seeing way worse down below but I just think this will make it a lot more accessible....
    https://www.dressedtodeliver.com/collections/main-shop-page/products/bamboo-3-in-1-maternity-birthing-nursing-gown

• Options
    Is anyone else's OB office super into inducing? I feel like they must mention it at every appointment. It's like alright already I get it!
  • Options
    @bkosky that would make me suuuuuper uncomfortable personally if an OB practice was pushing induction just for the heck of it. I know there are lots of medical reasons why an early induction might be a good idea but if everything is going well, why not just let nature take its course? Is there a reason specifically they want you to consider induction or just to have your birth schedules? 

• Options
    @bkosy I agree with @lifesabeach85. That would make me very uncomfortable. My OB has never once mentioned induction. Do you know why they're pushing it on you already? 
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • Options
    @offtoneverland enjoy it! I had one two weeks ago to help baby flip and it was heaven!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @offtoneverland - I have zero experience, so I didn't comment but I hope you enjoy it! 
    *TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• Options
    @mockingjay1 Awww that’s cute! I love HP! DD wants to be a princess so I’m not sure how to handle that. I could be snow whites apple? Lol.
  • Options
    bkosy said:
    Is anyone else's OB office super into inducing? I feel like they must mention it at every appointment. It's like alright already I get it!
    Mine is the opposite. They let me go to almost 42 weeks with my son. I was begging to be induced by that point. My daughter came right at 40 Weeks so hopefully this little guy won’t be like his brother. 
  • Options
    @bkosy My Ob hasn’t mentioned induction and last time they didn’t until I was past my due date. Maybe ask them if there’s a specific reason they are mentioning it to you? That seems kind of sketch.
  • Options
    Re: halloween costumes - DS is going to be Harry Potter so I think I'm either going to wear a shirt with something about a mandrake on it or try and put a golden snitch on my belly. 
    I love Harry Potter so much. We are huge HP fans over here. 
  • Options
    @offtoneverland you’ll have to PM me where you went if it was worth it. I’ve never had a massage, let alone a prenatal massage. It sounds wonderful right about now! 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @pink_polkadots I will for sure! MH looked up reviews and found one of the best rated ones in the county, so I'm hoping it's worth the money! I'm excited to call tomorrow and schedule it. I'll let you know how it goes.
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • Options
    @offtoneverland @lifesabeach85 @iheartbooks I've never had any complications in my pregnancy so the only reason I can imagine is because I was induced before. I was much younger and just thought it would be more convenient with my parents being out of town. I've insisted from the beginning I want to go on my own this time though. She just keeps saying if you change your mind and want the baby out...I feel like it's not common for them to be so insistent about it, that's why I wanted to ask. It's the midwife in the practice too. I thought they were supposed more about the natural route?
  • Options
    @bkosy That does seem odd for them to be insistent on induction with no medical reason, and from a midwife! My OB (at least at her old practice) would ask starting at 39 weeks if you wanted to get one scheduled, but no pressure to, and they would let you go between 41-42 weeks (DD1 was born on her due date, and I opted for an induction with DD2, which was fabulous - I was already 3.5 cm, they literally only had to break my water, and she was here 90 mins later - so I will totally go that route again if my body is ready). It’s so strange they keep bringing it up so early...does the midwife have a vacation planned or something? ha...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Any moms with an anterior placenta more hyper aware about movements? I feel she’s moving but I over think about it all and get nervous. 
  • Options
    @cpow18 I get nervous when I only feel little movements. I typically get big kicks and punches on my sides but sometimes I only get little nudges for a couple days and it makes me worry some. The big moves always come back though, so I just remind myself that I probably just can’t properly feel the big ones that are happening and baby is just fine. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @rosebud1230 that’s what I keep telling myself. I can feel that she’s changed positions and I’m assuming that’s why I can’t always feel the big movements. I am thankful to have her feet always in my ribs though which helps me relax until she moves back into a position where I can feel the big kicks
  • Options
    @runningyogimama 90 minutes sounds awesome! I forget, are you having a girl or boy this time around? I have two daughters also.
  • Options
    @cpow18 I have an anterior placenta too. As lo is running out of room his movements are much more drastic. Earlier on I would have days I wouldn't feel much but now I feel everything. When's your due date?
  • Options
    @ftm_jen I’m due November 14th. I still feel her multiple times a day so I know she’s ok but I only feel her up high because I also have a low lying placenta. (Not previa thank goodness!) so usually she’s kicking my ribs and if I’m on my side I’ll see her movements...some days she’s just a little lazier than others and those days just freak me out!
  • Options
    @cpow18 foot in the ribs all day! Haha. As long as you feel her every day I wouldn't worry! I know easier said than done but she is still sleeping a lot in there!
  • Options
    @ftm_jen yeah I never thought I’d be happy with being kicked in my ribs haha
  • Options
    Speaking of kicking... is it possible to bruise from the inside out? Baby girl is a crazy kicker and this morning I woke up with a bruise near my lower ribs where she’s always kicking. I have no idea what it’s from.
  • Options
    @BabyBoyH92016 - I never had any BHC with my first and only a handful with my 3rd. I still went into labor but the prelabor phase was longer. Also, I just started having them this pregnancy at over 32 weeks so you might still get them. And fx your body goes intonlabor on its own and much earlier this time around.

@bkosy - I rotate through a group of 5 OBs and there is one who is super into inducing. He has tried to get me to schedule an induction at 39 weeks with every pregnancy. Gratefully I don't see him at every visit so I feel like I can brush him off more easily. None of the other doctors have ever really even suggested an early induction. I feel like it's mostly driven by the fact that he wants to try to be the one delivering the baby if possible.

I am surprised that you would be getting asked so much from a midwife though since they're supposed to be more about intervention-free methods.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• Options
    @iheartbooks I'm not sure if bruising can be from the inside out, but if so that is certainly impressive!