October 2018 Moms
Options

Random (8/13)

Re: Random (8/13)

• Options
    @missmaehurt are you able to file an STD claim? If you're medically unable to work and have STD you should be able to file a claim.
  • Options
    Thanks :) I'm happy I found something that works. Now we gotta figure out what ODD is going to be wearing because we usually let her pick her outfits and so far she's been picking out there things lmao
    Ladybug - April 2013
    Dandelion - October 2018
    Angel "Aurora" - July 2020
    Angel "Sawyer" - May 2021
    Angel "Maxine" - January 2022
    Angel "Violet" - March 2022
    Baby Dove due March 2023
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I’m thinking its my apple selection since I wasn’t aware it made that much of a difference! On the few occasions I made apple pie I follow a recipe from google with good reviews so it seems to work fine for everyone else! I bake it right after I make the filling. Even if it’s spike now I want one!
  • Options
    rc-colarc-cola member
    edited August 2018
    I’m just checking in to say I’ve had a really hard time keeping up lately! Especially with both this and the FB group. I’ve been lurking though and dreaming of pumpkin pie and doing my kegels.

ETA: TB cut off half of my post (I think because I had an emoji in there...)

I had also said that I’m feeling anxiety about being away from work now (despite fighting for this and it being what I want!) Mostly I’m scared because this field moves so quickly and I’m worried about how much I’ll have to catch up when I’m back.  Also they found someone to interim supervise while I’m gone (that’s actually a good thing!) but it’s mskung me feel insecure for some reason. I just feel like it will be hard to come back.
  • Options
    Love the black dress!
  • Options
    My breast pump was delivered last night. I wasn't expecting it for a few more weeks. Definitely made me feel like I'm running out of time to get things done!
  • Options
    @nmadjeski It just hit me how close October is a couple days ago. I have so much to do still and I’m pretty sure it won’t get done, just like last time - hospital tour? I’m sure somebody will tell us where to go when we get there.

@rabtaido1214 what kind of apples are you using? If everything else others suggested is good, it is most likely the apples.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    @purplegoldfish2 I’m not sure and I don’t think I’ve been consistent. I’ll have to try the recommended types from here next time!
  • Options
    @purplegoldfish2 exactly how I feel! That was us last time and I'm sure that will be us this time as well. Oh well haha 
  • Options
    @nmadjeski and @purplegoldfish2 Samesies!  I was pretty laid back last time, but even more so this time.  We the tour last time but I had no idea what to do when we got there.  Thank god DH did and there are a 1,000 people to tell you where to go.
  • Options
    The problem is I am hoping for no epidural and have done absolutely zero to prepare for the birth.  I really need to get to the library and get some books. We never took the childbirth class last time & it didn’t matter too much since it was a c section, but this time I’m hoping for a VBAC. Many local moms have said none of the hospital classes are worth the time and the private classes are not really in our budget right now, so I really need to do something.
  • Options
    @jomama1618 ahhh that makes me feel so much better. like @purplegoldfish2 I want a med free birth, but haven't done a whole lot to prepare. I've read a few books, and try to practice relaxing techniques whenever something hurts (charley horse, DH massaging my IT band, etc....), but that's about it.
  • Options
    @jomama1618 thank you! That takes a little stress off since I was starting to worry that I hadn’t done anything :)
  • Options
    I swear we had a freezer meal post but I can't find it! How many different meals are people planning to prep for their freezer for after baby? Trying not to overdo it but I also want variety as we get bored with food easily if we eat it too often.
  • Options
    I think it was called Recipe Share!
  • Options
  • Options
    @KFrob Do you have to be out of your house by then? Or can you slowly move?
    Me 33 DH 41
    TTC since 2016
    Due: October 12, 2018

• Options
    @KFrobI sort of understand. Our closing date is 6w pp. But there's a bunch we'd like to do before moving in... that I've recently accepted I can't do (like paint the entire house.)
    Either that or be late for a day after closing... and make your family move you while you're in the hospital? Yeah... punctual would be better though.
  • Options
    Love feeling all these baby hiccups!! Mostly from A but sometimes B has them too
  • Options
    @mamabearcj me too. This week was the first time I was certain that’s what I was feeling. I think it’s so cool you can tell when it’s A or B <3.
  • Options
    @mamabearcj Baby B gets the hiccups all the time and I can feel them. I never felt them with DD so it’s really cute.
  • Options
    Mom wanted me to buy some cloth diapers I wanted for my shower this weekend so she had me order them and darn Amazon registry completion discount order shipped them to me. So I offered to wrap them. I tied them up in the receiving blanket they came with and it has these adorable dinos on it! I am bummed I thought the diapers were double gusseted but they aren't. Oh well, they were cheap so one way to try this crazy journey out. I may still stuff this bundle in a gift bag to make it cuter as I just can't be cute right now. 
  • Options
    @SweetSweetTooth The receiving blanket is so cute!!!
  • Options
    Started back at the Chiro today to get my hips all lined up and ready for birth!!! Since I'm 35 weeks I have a little bit more time to hopefully squeeze 1-2 more appts in before labor. I feel so good today! 

Me 32 and DH 40

Fur-baby named Bella

1 MC Nov. 2013

DD born Nov. 2, 2014

Little 2 EDD Oct. 1 

• Options
    I like that idea @nasalot188

• Options
    I’m good with it too! 
  • Options
    I like that idea as well.
  • Options
    I am good woth the weekly appointment thread, it will bring us all together! :) 

Man, my lady bits are falling asleep! Normally only when I am on the exercise bike (recumbent) but had it happen one other time. Super weird! 
  • Options
    +1 for the weekly appointment thread.  That's a great idea!
  • Options
    Great idea, @nasalot188! Let's do it.