October 2018 Moms
Options

Random (8/13)

Re: Random (8/13)

• Options
    Where do you live, @norahkate?! I wanna be there.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yessss, cider and donuts are one of my favorite parts of fall. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @sliztee central Wisconsin...but payback hits going into January when we are not even halfway through winter.  ;)
  • Options
    I hear that! Western NY is the same way. At least we'll be enamored in baby snugs during that time!
  • Options
    @nikimelon oh no!! Good luck, just throw in how great it was to see them and "forget" to mention the specific gift. 
  • Options
    @cdepperschmidt i don't blame you one bit!  i've been hang drying all of my maternity shirts and stretching them a bit while wet to get them to last a bit longer.  I feel like i'm going to have to stop wearing pants soon though, they're getting tight!  time for dresses/skirts i suppose.
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    @cdepperschmidt I'm down to like 4-5 shirts that fit. I just have them on rotation at this point. I have no idea how I'm going to last 9 more weeks. 
  • Options
    @acciocoffee same here. I really have NO idea how I’ll make it another 8 weeks. The only bright side is I’m not working so I can wear the same shirt a couple of days in a row and my kids won’t care :D
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah, I just have to keep rotating the same shirts and jeans almost weekly for work. But almost done, so I hope I can just keep getting away with it.
  • Options
    I don't have any maternity shirts! I gained some extra weight before the pregnancy so I was only wearing flowy dresses and shirts because I felt self conscious. Worked out well as a maternity wardrobe. Great stuff at old navy
  • Options
    Still getting away with a few non maternity items but for the most part I’m in maternity dresses, capris, and a few shirts. My bigger problem is shoes. I’ve been living in my crocs sandals but they won’t be the best for going back to work in September and they definitely won’t work come October in Ontario. I picked up a pair of toms style slip ons in half a size up from a winners (Cnd TJ Maxx) for eight bucks that I hope will last. 
  • Options
    I've been having issues with maternity shirts getting too short for about 4 weeks now, and I still have 10 more to go... My damned long torso is such a pain in the ass in this instance.

• Options
    @missmaehurt. Glad the babies are looking well! Fix your blood work comes back normal.
  • Options
    Think I can make it with maternity clothes but I need PJs stat. I really thought my regular pjs had much more stretch than they really do, and all my giant t-shirts aren't all that giant anymore.
  • Options
    All my maternity shirts finally look good! I guess I bought them too big?? 

To be fair, I have one or 2 shirts that probably will be belly shirts in the next 2 weeks.
  • Options
    @missmaehurt glad to hear you and the babies are doing alright!! Hoping your side pain pain goes away or gets figured out soon!!
    Non-maternity clothes dont exist to me anymore unless it's a super stretchy material maxi dress from tjmaxx!! 
  • Options
    @missmaehurt So glad babies are doing well, hang in there!

I too have been rotating 2 pairs of work pants and about 6 shirts. I gave up on PJs and pretty much just live in DH’s boxers and T-shirt’s when I’m home  :D
    Me:29 DH:30
    Married:10/2012
    TTC #1: 12/2017
  • Options
    I'm just glad I work from home and don't have to impress anyone. I only have like three maternity T-shirts, but I do have some flowy shirts from my pre-pregnancy days that are dressier that I can wear to meetings if need be. Not having an office to impress every day is a life saviour. 
    Me 33 DH 41
    TTC since 2016
    Due: October 12, 2018

• Options
    @chyvie yes to working from home!! I do outdoor events so I do have to be in front of the public. And I had three county fairs this year (at one now!). Most of my shirts aren't long enough anymore and I am 32 w5d. Thankful the fair only goes until Sunday...not sure how much more of this I can do (physically) or how many comfortable yet decent clothes I have. 
  • Options
    So this is super belated, but if anyone wants to make apple pies more often, but the peeling/ coring gets you down, you need this (I don't have this brand, but it's the same thing. I got mine at Xmas tree shop for $10)

Johnny Apple Peeler by VICTORIO VKP1010, Cast Iron, Suction Base https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001DLTD1C/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_LfGDBbPWBW22H
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • Options
    @missmaehurt is it your right size? They were monitoring my gallbladder and liver when it was on the right. Glad the babies seem to be good!
  • Options
    Have I been living under a rock? The buy buy baby completion discount isn't active until TWO WEEKS before your due date?!?!?!? Holy crap, I was 2.5 weeks early for my mom (as kiddo #1) so that's super last minute!
  • Options
    @missmaehurt glad the babies are good! I hope they figure out what's causing the pain soon though. 

Guys I NEED some apple pie. It's on the list of things for my brother to make while I'm in labor. Lol he said hes going to stay home and bake with my son to pass the time so he's getting a list! Haha
  • Options
    When I make apple pie I end up with a TON of juice in it... too much so the bottom crust gets soggy. Maybe it’s my Apple selection? Any pro tips?
  • Options
    When I make apple pie I end up with a TON of juice in it... too much so the bottom crust gets soggy. Maybe it’s my Apple selection? Any pro tips?
    What are you mixing the apples with for the filing? Maybe not enough dry ingredients mixed in?
  • Options
    @rabtaido1214 - also- are you letting it sit before baking it?   You really want to mix the filling and put it in the oven right away.  
  • Options
    @rabtaido1214. Definitely make sure your filling has a little bit of flour in it with the spices and brown sugar. Also, MacIntosh apples and some others will release too much liquid when they cook and get mushy. I’d recommend a mix of Cortland, Empire, and/or Honeycrisp with one or two Granny Smith or Golden Delicious for balance. :)
  • Options
    I’m definitely going to have to try adding some honeycrisp apples to the mix.  
  • Options
    @mytrueloves - you are beautiful!  I love the dress.  
  • Options
    @knottieamusements Thank you!
    Ladybug - April 2013
    Dandelion - October 2018
    Angel "Aurora" - July 2020
    Angel "Sawyer" - May 2021
    Angel "Maxine" - January 2022
    Angel "Violet" - March 2022
    Baby Dove due March 2023
  • Options
    @missmaehurt glad they’re springing you loose! Take it easy and enjoy the break before baby arrives. 
  • Options
    @mytrueloves You look great!! So does the dress  ;)