October 2018 Moms
Options

Random (8/13)

jomama1618jomama1618 member
edited August 2018 in October 2018 Moms
It's been a few weeks since we had a new random thread, so I thought I'd start a new one, in our new month.

*Edit my gif isn't working :( *

Re: Random (8/13)

• Options
    Speaking of hormones! I'm getting irrationally irritated that I can't find onion powder in my house... I wanted to try a new recipe for chicken and its literally 5 ingredients. And I cant find it! I swear I see it every other time I look for seasonings or spices except now... so unless anyone has a simple chicken recipe for breasts and thighs I'll be making chicken alfredo instead and I'm salty about it... maybe this should be in Monday bf... lol 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mmm chicken Alfredo sounds like a great plan B. Out of curiosity what are you making?
  • Options
    @jomama1618 glad it turned out better than they were anticipating! And congrats on passing the 3 hour test! 

@mamabearcj that happens to me ALL THE TIME. For awhile I had 5 jars of cinnamon because I could never find them
    when I needed them, so I bought more. Whatever you make, hope it turns out yummy! 

We we have our first birth class tonight and I’m so not in the mood. I don’t have any idea what to expect, so I realize this is probably off base, but I don’t want to watch a video, or practice breathing in a room full of strangers, or whatever. Apparently I’m grumpy today. Someone who’s already started theirs, tell me it’s worth it? 
  • Options
    @mamabearcj all I can think of when I see the name of that chicken is honey butter chicken biscuits from Whataburger and now I’m craving one. Guess I’ll have to send DH for some at 11pm when they start serving breakfast :D
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @halfanewt The info for us was worth it, but I also hated having to practice breathing/labor positions in front of everyone. My husband and I had a hard time with it. It was great information, I just hate to participate. But totally understand not being in the mood! I'm glad that's we're done now and that we did it before my moodiness really hit.

Ours also did some meditation thing at the end. Which we are not into at all. We tried it the first class, but just left early after the rest. 
  • Options
    Update never found the onion powder BUT I found this instead

https://realhousemoms.com/honey-butter-chicken/
    Will update again with how it turns out(:

Well it was delicious! DH couldn't get enough so I'm impressed lol 
    Ok that recipe is exactly my speed. 5 ingredients and super simple. I’m def gonna try it.
  • Options
    @halfanewt we just had like 1 hour of relaxation techniques, and everything else was videos or the instructor talking. Was partially useful, mostly because it was at the hospital so you could ask specific questions related to the hospital. 
  • Options
    So, my guess for class was pretty much spot on so far. I’m hoping the next classes are more useful.
  • Options
    I've been craving green bean casserole too, @missmaehurt! Though, I can't say that's completely unusual for me.
  • Options
    @missmaehurt that sounds really yummy!

I dont want to jinx myself but DS has been sleeping so much better this past week. FX this continues! 
  • Options
    @sliztee I do love green bean casserole normally, but it seems so out of place in the middle of August.
  • Options
    slizteesliztee member
    edited August 2018
    Personally, I think it's a year-round dish. I make it pretty often in fall and winter - it's too tasty to only have once per year! @missmaehurt

• Options
    I feel like I broke myself running this morning. I forgot my support belt (who knows if it would have helped or not) but ow ow ow my groin wants to split in two. :s

• Options
    eireyes said:
    I feel like I broke myself running this morning. I forgot my support belt (who knows if it would have helped or not) but ow ow ow my groin wants to split in two. :s
    This is how I've been feeling a lot lately... last night every time I woke up I was in pain. At one point every inch of my body hurt, like I had been tensing all of my muscles while I slept. When I turn over to switch sides my pelvic will take 5 min or so to stop hurting.
  • Options
    @jemmerjams I want pumpkin pie RIGHT NOW.
  • Options
    I could totally go for some pumpkin pie right now. I wonder if any stores carry it this time of year?!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    ya'll need to STOP with this pumpkin pie talk.  :p its seriously my weakness!!  Since its still technically summer, a really yummy version is a pumpkin pie concrete (ice cream).  Not sure if you have a Sheridan's or Unforked near you, but my goodness, those are SO GOOD!  :)
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    at scout camp this weekend someone made pumpkin pie cobbler (in a dutch oven over the fire). it was so good and now i remember that i need to ask for the recipe and try to recreate something similar at home (and share it here)! 
  • Options
    I can't wait for an apple pie. We drive an hour every year to go to an Apple festival at this orchard. They make the best apple crumb pies and we always buy at least 2!!! There's always a line for their apple cider donuts!!!!
    DS1: 8/2012 <3 DS2  8/2017 <3 DS3 10/2018 

• Options
    eireyes said:
    The fact that you’re running is amazing! I can barely walk. Every step hurts my pelvis.

mmmmm pumpkin pie!
  • Options
    Apple season in MI is my favorite.
  • Options
    I wish more people in my house liked pie. My family is weird; the kids will occasionally try it, but H is a solid nope on fruit pies. That being said, I'm still going to continue making pie. I made one earlier this summer (peach blackberry) that was amaaaaaazing. 

• Options
    I love apple season!! DH hates anything with cooked apples... apple crisp is a favorite of mine and cider donuts and cider, all the yummy stuff
  • Options
    I've been craving blueberry pie.  But I would take any and all pie.