January 2019 Moms
Options

Anatomy Scan Results!

Re: Anatomy Scan Results!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks @tosh24 ! They did not recommend a follow up scan so I’ll take that as a good sign!
  • Options
    wolfmum said:
    Re: anterior placenta- this is my second pregnancy and second anterior placenta- They always say that second time moms feel the baby much sooner but I didn’t really start feeling anything until about a week ago (I’m 20.5w now) and it’s very infrequent (1-3x/day). AS showed a very active baby - and the doc has even said the kid is kicking around when they try to get the hb at a regular appt - but I couldn’t feel any of that. I know the movement can be very reassuring for a lot of people but I got irritated w it pretty quickly last time. If you get a strong mover the kicks and punches can be painful and very distracting. 

I find the movements VERY distracting. I am happy shes moving and i want her to do whatever she needs to be doing in there, but when she starts doing her thing I'll be like: what set her off?? lol or wonder if shes annoyed by something. Then she changed her sleep/dance fever patterns and i found my self trying to wake her up in the middle of the night just to make sure she ok, woke her and then had to lay awake while she did her thing. 
  • Options
    @LauraK33 I'm not sure what that second term of polyhydraminos means but good luck! I hope you have family/ friends that can help if needed.  Anything unexpected during pregnancy is scary. 
  • Options
    @LauraK33 so sorry you have to deal with all of that. I hope these next weeks go by fast for you and baby keeps growing without complications! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @ersh1010 thanks for the good luck vibes :) poly hydraminos means too much amniotic fluid...it could be indictitive of something wrong with baby (swallowing, kidneys, etc), or it could just happen. We will have more follow-up tests to figure it out!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    @LauraK33 Sorry you have to deal with that! Even though you said you were expecting something was off, it can't be any easier to hear about potential complications. Hoping that you have an uneventful second half of your pregnancy! 
  • Options
    @LauraK33 so sorry for the added stress. I’ll be sending good thoughts that everything works out okay.
    Me: 30 DH: 32 ~~ TTC #1: Sep 2015 ~~ BFP: Mar 2016 ~~ Daughter: Nov 2016
    TTC #2: April 2018 ~~ BFP: May 2018 ~~ EDD: January 2019

• Options
    I’m a FTM at 22 weeks due January 1. I’ve had 2 attempts at my anatomy scan now first on aug 20th and a second one today. Apparently both times baby was in a shy position so technician is saying they can’t see everything they need to see, without mentioning any specifics. They showed me the heart, head, the stomach, eyes and all baby’s limbs. But for some reason I’m still nervous. Both appointments were about an hour long and today they tried both abdominal and transvaginal scan. After all that they want me to come back next thurs for a follow up scan. Luckily I have my midwife appointment this Tuesday and hopefully they can give me more details on what’s going on (ease my mind). The heart was pumping and I can still feel baby squirming about so that should be reassuring... I wouldn’t be surprised if I’m just overreacting.
  • Options
    @julesf817 I know I’m late but I have two very good friends from the bump who had SUA with their first pregnancies and they both have healthy 1.5+ year olds now!

@LauraK33 I’m so sorry for the added stress! Thinking of your family. 

@merostomata My DD was also transverse on her back and basically impossible to get some pictures of. I also have to go back in a month. I think they were only missing 4 things but they also said that some pictures they did get just weren’t clear. It made me a little nervous but it’s reassuring to read that it happens!
    Me: 28 DH: 26
    Married: November 2015  3 
    TTC#1: January 2016
    BFP #1: 5/02/16 - MC: 5/27/16
    BFP #2: 10/06/16: 6 - EDD: 06/20/17
    DD Born 06/23/17 3
    TFAS: April 2018
    BFP #3: 03/21/18 - CP
    BFP #4: 04/23/18 - EDD 01/04/19

• Options
    @BitterBetty12 too bad our babies don’t realize when there’s an important scan to take ;) I’m sure your DD is totally fine, but I am with you and wish they could have got everything then just to make 100% sure. The tech said transverse was pretty much the hardest position to take pictures of, and she had to try multiple times (and get me to roll around a lot) before getting acceptable pics of certain organs. Hopefully they’ll be in a more cooperative position next time around!
  • Options
    Had our scan Friday. Confirmed we are having a boy! Baby wouldnt cooperate and let us see his face, so i go back in 2 weeks for another US. But we were able to get measurements on everything else and checked all his organs and everything looks good! My placenta is low, so i also have to go back at 28 weeks. So 2 more bonus ultrasounds!

Also just found it interesting that a lot of the stuff i read online says you should have a full bladder for the anatomy scan but my tech had me empty mine and said it works better empty.
  • Options
    @alannac1 I've had a many ultrasounds and not one has ever said anything about my bladder whether full or empty. I've also been curious about that advice I've seen online and where it came from!
  • Options
    With mine they had me start out with a full bladder, then use the restroom halfway through. Maybe it's so they have that as an option to reposition the baby if s/he's in a bad position for the scan? 

• Options
    alannac1 said:
    Also just found it interesting that a lot of the stuff i read online says you should have a full bladder for the anatomy scan but my tech had me empty mine and said it works better empty.
    They always had me empty my bladder right before my ultrasounds during my last pregnancy. They were all done at a perinatal center, so I don’t know if that makes a difference.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    I was told to go with a full bladder as well  :D apparently there isn't one answer
  • Options
    I was always told full bladder makes for a clearer picture abdominally prior to 22 weeks. After 22 weeks baby is big enough that it apparently doesn’t make any difference. Who knows!
    Me: 28 DH: 26
    Married: November 2015  3 
    TTC#1: January 2016
    BFP #1: 5/02/16 - MC: 5/27/16
    BFP #2: 10/06/16: 6 - EDD: 06/20/17
    DD Born 06/23/17 3
    TFAS: April 2018
    BFP #3: 03/21/18 - CP
    BFP #4: 04/23/18 - EDD 01/04/19

• Options
    Before my NT scan, I was told to drink a certain number of ounces of water starting an hour before and to not pee until after the scan. Before my scan three weeks ago which was basically an anatomy scan, I was told I didn’t need to drink any specific amount of water but just to not pee once I got to their office.

• Options
    We had ours yesterday and it was great :) I was very nervous. We found out that baby is heathy and we are having a GIRL! So excited.

She was in a transverse position (lounging across the belly) and also crossing her legs which gave the tech quite the time getting all of the necessary images. All was good though. She couldn’t get great images of the spine, all heart pics, or a great one of the genitalia but was pretty sure we had a girl. She brought the doc in to try her luck at getting baby to move and she was able to get good images of everything (including an unmistakable girl “3” when baby uncrossed her legs a bit) except a couple heart ones, so I’ll go back in a month for those. No one is worried though, it was just the position. Also I found out I have an anterior placenta, which was a surprise as I have been feeling movements consistently :) all on the very low part of the belly though so maybe the placenta is above there.
    Sounds like we had very similar scans! The tech was also pretty sure we were having a girl, she gave the note to my hubby right before we left and he was also pretty confident he saw a "hamburger" not a "hot dog". My lo was curled up in a ball with her arms up by her face, and because of her position they couldn't get a good picture of her spine. It sounded like everything else looked ok despite it taking forever to see most of what they needed to see. The tech said my doc would probably ask me to come back in 10-14 days so I was a little frustrated that my doc told me in 3 weeks when I have my next appt she would then put in an order for the ultrasound. Could be another 2-3 weeks to get in to ultrasound after that. :neutral: my placenta is also anterior, which I think I had with my last one too. Hope your follow up goes good!

• Options
    Glad it went well @VallieS86! Sorry they couldn't get all of the images, but it sounds like she'll be just fine :) Honestly I'm not too sad about having to go back, it's another excuse to see the baby- and also give extra confirmation that she is in fact a girl! My next US isn't going to be until the first week of October either, so I feel you on the wait. I'm curious how much she'll grow between now and then!

• Options
    Glad it went well @VallieS86! Sorry they couldn't get all of the images, but it sounds like she'll be just fine :) Honestly I'm not too sad about having to go back, it's another excuse to see the baby- and also give extra confirmation that she is in fact a girl! My next US isn't going to be until the first week of October either, so I feel you on the wait. I'm curious how much she'll grow between now and then!

Yeah, it'll be nice to get some more pics. Just kind of makes you a little nervous when they're just so nonchalant about it but say they didn't get the pics they need. Guess baby girl is comfy in there though, curled up in her little ball. I bet they'll both grow quite a bit in the next 4 weeks. (Yours and mine) and yeah I'd like the extra confirmation of girl, even though we've already announced to everyone that it's a girl lol
  • Options
    @Rachel2066 it's hard not to worry about position, but it really really is early in that regard. DD didn't flip head down until like 34 weeks, and pretty much just chilled transverse until then!

• Options
    Had my anatomy scan on Wednesday. Found out it's a boy! Which is what I thought it would be.  This will be our second boy.  Tech didnt say anything else really.   

My Doctor's receptionist called today and Doctor wants to see me on Monday he got the results and the placenta is over my cervix. Said baby looks great and they didn't want me to worry over the weekend.  I wasn't worried until they called me, and of course I went on Google.  Looks like as my uterus gets bigger it could 'move' so I will hope for that and try not to worry in the meantime.