January 2019 Moms

Anatomy Scan Results!

Re: Anatomy Scan Results!

• Loading the player...
  • AliKay20AliKay20 member
    edited August 2018
    I wanted to add a funny thing that happened.  The tech said he was moving all over the place and asked me what I had before hand,  it was a coffee,  granola bar,  and a few M&Ms and basically said sugar and caffeine are a techs nemesis. Lol when he got to Vinny's hand the tech was like "it looks like he's got his hand out asking for more M&Ms!"  :D
    LOL! This reminds me of DD’s scan: she was not moving AT ALL. Tech actually had me get Sprite and Snickers from the vending machine. We took a 15 min break and after having them, DD was moving all over the place.

eta: can’t spell Sprite apparently 
  • @BitterBetty12 sorry you have to worry for another 4 weeks. The good news is everything they did see looked good, it's now just a matter of seeing the rest of the good stuff, which I'm sure you will. :smile: I'm also happy to hear your placenta in posterior this time! Hopefully you'll enjoy all the baby movements this go round!
  • Baby girl is measuring right on track and is a super low rider just like her sister. Unfortunately, my cervix is measuring short (2cm) and I have to start progesterone and modified activity. I was not expecting it since I have no history or symptoms and I was very upset to hear I'm not allowed to pick up DD. DH can pick her up and hand her off to me though which makes me feel a little bit better. 

Anyone else facing short cervix treatment? I know mine is relatively minor but still not ideal.
  • @parentingishard what progesterone are they starting you on? Makena?  If so, I take the autoinjector shots 1x/wk to prevent premature labor and they suck.  I have some tips/tricks to dull the burn if it happens to be the same meds they put you on, just let me know!
  • @parentingishard I had a very similar issue with DD. At my anatomy scan at 20 weeks, my cervix looked great (I think 4.5cm), and at the follow up scan five weeks later, my cervix was down to 2.3cm and I was put on strict bed rest (which was then lightened to modified activity after I saw the MFM who wasn't as concerned as my OB had been). I was on progesterone suppositories from week 25-37. I know how hard it is to feel just fine but have to take it easy! Hang in there!
    <3 D 2014 
    DD- 11/2016
  • I started Progesterone from 11 weeks because I lost the last baby at 17 weeks from cervical incompetence. So far so good, and my Dr allows me to have my cervix checked as often as I'm comfortable with. I have my AS Monday and we'll check on it again. We have a farm and 9 kiddos and square dance for fun, so I'm hoping I won't have to modify my activities. I use the suppositories, my Dr was going to give me the Malena shots but I asked for the suppositories instead.
  • @BitterBetty12 same thing happened to me... 2 weeks ago I went for my scan and little girl wedged her head so low they couldn’t see the brain structures at all. So we went back Friday and got the rest! I was shocked at how hard it is for them to scan a baby. I asked if my baby was just particularly acrobat and both techs said nope! 
    @tosh24 I have heard of that but don’t know more than what you’ve said. They are watching my placenta because it’s close to the cervix (not previa or partial previa) but my doc isn’t worried and says it’ll probably go as the Ute grows. Maybe it’s another boy for you!! Hope the cord isn’t an issue 

• @dragonette505 ah I’m so happy to hear your good news! And it’s also a little reassuring to hear that I’m not alone and you had to go back again as well. I know it happens to people. It happened to my best friend with her daughter. But as you know PGAL brain leads to worst case thoughts.
    Me: 28 DH: 26
    Married: November 2015  3 
    TTC#1: January 2016
    BFP #1: 5/02/16 - MC: 5/27/16
    BFP #2: 10/06/16: 6 - EDD: 06/20/17
    DD Born 06/23/17 3
    TFAS: April 2018
    BFP #3: 03/21/18 - CP
    BFP #4: 04/23/18 - EDD 01/04/19

• @BitterBetty12 my doc was careful to tell me not to read anything into needing a second pass, but obviously I spent two weeks studying all this stuff like a pre med student! Lol
    @cait32 I’ve followed you too! Lol (I’m still stalking infertility and ttgp) 
    @KariAnn323 omg! I that’s an awesome story to tell the little one later.... papa got queasy watching your barrel rolls! :)
  • aww @julesf817 I'm sorry to hear this, how stressfull! I'll be thinking of you. It's a great sign that he's growing right on schedule and bopping around <3

Andrea -- FTM at 39!

• @julesf817 I know that’s stressful! So sorry  <3

My friend had that same issue with her pregnancy, and delivered a healthy baby. 
    Married: May 2012
    DS1: May 2016
    DS2: Jan 2019
    Baby #3 EDD: 6/18/24

• Lurking***
    @dragonette505 I'm so glad your baby girl looks good! Its great news.  Congrats again!!
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• @julesf817 I know that’s stressful! So sorry  <3

My friend had that same issue with her pregnancy, and delivered a healthy baby. 
    Thanks. A friend from my May 14 group had it with her second and she’s perfect. Hearing these stories is definitely reassuring. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @jules817 I can only imagine how stressful and anxiety inducing that is to hear. The good news is you'll be closely monitored and hopefully reassured every time. We are all here to listen  if you ever need to let it all out!
  • My scan is tomorrow morning and I’m so nervous/excited!!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    *~* DS Jan.'15 *~* DD Nov.'16 *~*