January 2019 Moms
Options

Weekly randoms 7/23

124»

Re: Weekly randoms 7/23

• Options
    @wkuandrea blood orange lemonade?!?! Omg suddenly this horchata is falling flat...

I'm with ya @BitterBetty12 - I had never tried chick-fil-a until a year ago or so (there's now 2 in the entire state of Oregon), and so I was very adamant about not supporting. But then I tried it...DAMN it's good. Also it's the only fast food place where I don't have to ask for no mayo. I try not to eat there too much regularly, but my pregnant ass only has so much self control.
  • Options
    @kns1988 I literally bought the entire HP baby line (luckily there were only 3 things there for infants...). SO CUTE!

So we've been working on moving our laundry from the closet in the 2nd bedroom (which will now be the nursery) to our hallway linen closet. It's taken a lot longer than expected and our dirty laundry is piling up BUT they finally finished yesterday! I was so excited to have a weekend full of laundry but I just went to do my first load and the closet door doesn't open wide enough to allow for the washer and dryer doors to open!!  The worst part is that these same contractors did the same exact project with the same washer dryer in our upstairs neighbors' condo that is the exact same layout/measurements. How do you screw that up and not notice??

bowling green massacre wtf GIF
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @libertymomrn they have broadcasted some pretty strong anti-LGBTQ views in previous years
  • Options
    @kianarain what makes it hardest for me is that my DH loves it. So we’ll be at the mall and he’ll get chick-fil-a and it takes everything in me to walk away.

and @libertymomrn exactly what @kianarain said. 
    Me: 28 DH: 26
    Married: November 2015  3 
    TTC#1: January 2016
    BFP #1: 5/02/16 - MC: 5/27/16
    BFP #2: 10/06/16: 6 - EDD: 06/20/17
    DD Born 06/23/17 3
    TFAS: April 2018
    BFP #3: 03/21/18 - CP
    BFP #4: 04/23/18 - EDD 01/04/19

• Options
    kianarain said:
    @libertymomrn they have broadcasted some pretty strong anti-LGBTQ views in previous years
    Not just broadcasted views but have given a ton of money to anti-LGBTQ groups. So when you ate there you were essentially giving money to these groups, I believe they stopped this from last I read but still. 
  • Options
    I didn't realize that about Chick-fil-A. I'll admit we eat there a lot, and I do love their lemonade and pretty much everything else on the menu. I hope Galactic is right that they've stopped giving money to anti-LGBTQ groups - about to do some research on this. 
  • Options
    @katethemom don’t feel bad. In reality I DO NOT do a good job of checking into the businesses I frequent. I have a short no shop list for places I know I’m morally against (really just chick-fil-a and hobby lobby), and that’s about it.
    DD Born 06/23/17 3

• Options
    @jgil85 omg I've been going to panera for a toasted everything bagel at least twice a week haha I bought a package for home from the grocery store but they're NOT as good. 
    Me: 30 |  DH: 33
    Married: 8/11/2007

DD: Born 2/3/17
    BFP#2: 5/3, EDD 1/10/19
  • Options
    Happy birthday @sweetyjenj enjoy all the good food!
  • Options
    Happy birthday @sweetyjenj ! Have an awesome day and eat allll the food!!
  • Options
    Happy birthday @sweetyjenj!
  • Options
    jgil85jgil85 member
    @sweetyjenj Happy Birthday! 

Store bought everything bagels are garbage. There is an authentic NJ style bagel place near us and they now know me on a first name basis  :| 
  • Options
    @jgil85 The perks of living in New Jersey are that I never have to buy a store bought bagel ever in my life. Instead, anytime I move I have probably 10 bagel shops in my immediate area and I have to try them all until I'm convinced I've found the best of the best bagels!

@sweetyjenj Happy belated! I hope you had a great day celebrating yesterday.
    DD Born 06/23/17 3

• Options
    I just arrived in Atlanta for a whole week for work. I’m missing my littles already, but MH is rocking it solo parenting. Any food recs for Atlanta? 
  • Options
    That's great @gorgeousariel. :smile: Very exciting times!
  • Options
    happy belated birthday @sweetyjenj!

Yes, as many people already stated, I very specifically didn't eat at Chick-Fil-A for a long time because of their financial support of several hate groups, not limited to Focus on the Family and the Family Research Council which lobbies against same-sex marriage and LGBTQ rights. They still financially back many of these hate groups, despite a media promise to stay out of social issues several years ago. Franchisees are allowed to support whomever, but the corporation still financially supports hate. 

That being said, I just don't think it's that tasty. The chicken is okay. The buns are meh. I do like the waffle fries and the honey mustard. Their service model is hands-down the best in the fast-food industry, and they pay their workers very well. They're still very profitable, so my one-man protest isn't hurting them ;) (DH still frequents them for their chicken biscuits)

Andrea -- FTM at 39!