M/C 06/05/2017 
C/P 03/01/2018
BFP 05/17/2018 EDD 01/27/2019 
Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

Re: Weekly randoms 7/23

• Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    *~* DS Jan.'15 *~* DD Nov.'16 *~*
  • Loading the player...
  • I go back to work next week and I am not ready. Not even a little bit.
    married 7.11.09
    Me: 31 DH: 36
    DD (14) and DS (11) adopted from US Foster care December 2016
    BFP April 24, 2018 | EDD December 29, 2018
  • My kid got up just before 3. I put him back to bed and then stepped in dog pee. I'm tired.
    TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
    BFP 05/17/2018 EDD 01/27/2019 

• Andrea -- FTM at 39!

• edited July 2018
    I’m with ya’ll on being tired. Explanation in MBF. Edit: gif skills

Pregnancy Ticker
  • jgil85jgil85 member
    I just found out that my doctor is doing the quad screen for me, not the Harmony test. I'm really pissed because I told her explicitly I wanted the Harmony test and I already checked with my insurance company to make sure its covered. I just want to know the sex of this baby and make sure its healthy. 

Am I the only one who hates maternity jeans? I can't find a good pair right now, I feel like once fall hits I'm just going to live in leggings. 
  • @jgil85 third baby and I still am searching for a decent pair of maternity jeans.  I have two pairs plus a cropped pair and I hate them all.  They fall down constantly and sag in the crotch, even in third tri.  I don't understand it. I have two great pair of mat work pants that never fall down so I know that it's possible to make pants that way!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @jgil85 have you tried the Jessica Simpson jeans at Motherhood? I have issues with regular jeans and always have to wear a belt, but the JS maternity jeans have been amazing.
    married 7.11.09
  • jgil85jgil85 member
    DLpanda08 said:
    @jgil85 have you tried the Jessica Simpson jeans at Motherhood? I have issues with regular jeans and always have to wear a belt, but the JS maternity jeans have been amazing.
    No I haven't, and I've heard good things about JS jeans. I'll have to check them out! 
  • emmaaaemmaaa member
    jgil85 said:
    DLpanda08 said:
    @jgil85 have you tried the Jessica Simpson jeans at Motherhood? I have issues with regular jeans and always have to wear a belt, but the JS maternity jeans have been amazing.
    No I haven't, and I've heard good things about JS jeans. I'll have to check them out! 
    Some styles are on sale on Motherhood Maternity online right now (maybe in store too).I think I am going to try a pair too because I have neever found a good pair of maternity pants
    DH: 29 | Me: 29 
    Dating: 10/3/08 | Married: 12/27/14
    TTC #1: August 2015 | BFP: 2/3/16 | EDD: 10/7/16
    DD: 10/5/16
    TTC #2: September 2017 | BFP: 4/28/18 | EDD: 1/7/19
    DS: 1/9/19
    BabyFruit Ticker

• If you have a Motherhood outlet near you they are having some awesome in-store deals right now. I had to go buy work pants yesterday and they have BOGO for $5 on clearance. $30 for two pairs of pants isn’t bad at all! They also have BOGO for 50% off on all shirts (including the new for fall stuff they are getting in). 
    married 7.11.09
  • Already getting frustrated by how invasive people are of space and just reach in to touch my belly!  THERE'S BARELY A BELLY TO TOUCH but it's just because they know theres a baby in there.  It happened this weekend with my aunt, whom I love dearly.  I dislike it on principle becuase I know more is coming.  How do you handle/plan to handle that?

My wife and I have conceived a babe with my body and frozen donor sperm through IUI, with medication support (clomid, ovidrel, and injections of progesterone)

IUI #1, #2, and #3: Dec 2017, Jan 2018, and Feb 2018 - all BFN
    HSG Test: April 2018 - all clear!
    IUI #4: April 15/16, 2018 - BFP!! EDD: Jan 7, 2019 

• @Rooonilwaazlib people are doing that to me too, they go in for a hug and then don't let me go.  I f@#$ing hate it.  So now people get short hugs or a side pat. 
    Me dodging grabby hands

• @galactickates same!  I'll try that strategy.  I also plan to just grab their hand or step back, but i honestly didn't expect it when she did it!

My wife and I have conceived a babe with my body and frozen donor sperm through IUI, with medication support (clomid, ovidrel, and injections of progesterone)

IUI #1, #2, and #3: Dec 2017, Jan 2018, and Feb 2018 - all BFN
    HSG Test: April 2018 - all clear!
    IUI #4: April 15/16, 2018 - BFP!! EDD: Jan 7, 2019 

• @rooonilwaazlib I know... I never expect it either,  it feels like I got to close to a Venus fly trap. Everytime.
  • Motherhood Maternity has been the best for jeans! Also the JS pants are amazing..as well as her shirts, and I LOVED LOVED her nursing tops when I had DD.

Also tired over here. Thursday is my birthday and I have no idea what I want to do. Last year I turned 30 and had a big party, so I feel like the next 9 years will just be me and DH going out for dinner or me getting some chill time alone lol I'm ok with that this year. My mom is offering to babysit Thursday night, or Saturday....I might just wait to celebrate until Saturday and fully enjoy it (without the alcohol).
    Then 2 weeks from now is DH's bday..then a few days after that is our wedding anniversary...it's that busy time of the summer.
    Me: 30 |  DH: 33
    Married: 8/11/2007

DD: Born 2/3/17
    BFP#2: 5/3, EDD 1/10/19
  • pttomatopttomato member
    edited July 2018
    My MIL touched my belly already. >:( Apparently she thinks that because she asked once last pregnancy it’s ok because that carries over. She knows I really do not like to be touched.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • pttomato said:
    My MIL touched my belly already. >:( Apparently she thinks that because she asked once last pregnancy it’s ok because that carries over. She knows I really do not like to be touched.
    My worst nightmare
  • pttomatopttomato member
    edited July 2018
    pttomato said:
    My worst nightmare
    Seriously. DH called her out on it and she was like “Why should I ask, I asked last time.” So just because I let you touch my belly once before when I was super pregnant means you can do it whenever you want in the future? No.
  • Lol v random but, does anyone else troll the "real answers" section? I feel like it's the Maury of The Bump. So dumb, and so entertaining. 
  • Like many of you, I do *NOT* like to be touched, at all. My best friend already tried putting her hand on my belly. I just gave her the death stare and said do NOT do that again. I can't even imagine my parents trying it... BARF. Not even DH has attempted it yet, he knows better (I'm also just 13wks, so hello, you're just touching bloaty fat at this point)

Andrea -- FTM at 39!

• I don’t remember anyone trying to touch me during my pregnancy with DS except for DH. Strangers trying to touch you is just super weird. 

I have a pair of maternity skinny jeans from Walmart that I really like and they were only $16.99. They are Oh! Mama brand. I also bought a couple pair of shorts by the same brand and I really like them too. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I guess I'm the odd one out here. I usually hate hugs and  being touched. But for some reason Im not really bothered by people rubbing my belly. A stranger did it once and that was weird but if I know you, I don't care. I feel like they are just loving on my baby already and it makes me feel nothing but love.
  • +1 to not being touched. My MIL is still salty that I didn’t let her feel DD move when I was pregnant last time. DH actually stood up for me when she touched my stomach at like 15 weeks with DD and was like ‘did you ask?’. And she was like well no. My bitchy pregnant person response was ‘don’t bother asking because the answer will always be no’. And that was that.

I’m also not comfortable touching someone else’s pregnant stomach even when I’m asked to. Idk why. 

Also YES go the motherhood maternity jeans. I had 3 pairs of jeans from different places and the only one I liked was my pair from motherhood so I plan on buying more this time. 
    Me: 28 DH: 26
    Married: November 2015  3 
    TTC#1: January 2016
    BFP #1: 5/02/16 - MC: 5/27/16
    BFP #2: 10/06/16: 6 - EDD: 06/20/17
    DD Born 06/23/17 3
    TFAS: April 2018
    BFP #3: 03/21/18 - CP
    BFP #4: 04/23/18 - EDD 01/04/19

• @molosmiles that's kinda me too- if it's my H or a good friend I don't mind at all being touched (I'm generally into hugs and such so don't mind). If it was someone I wouldn't want to touch- say a stranger or boss- I would def not be into having them touch the belly.

That said, I'd NEVER touch someone else's bump without asking, and would never even consider asking to touch a stranger. I've never felt a desire to touch other people's bumps though so don't really get why people want to in the first place. I've heard that people of color with natural hair often have strangers coming up and touching their hair just because they want to- it kind of reminds me of that (although they have to deal with it for life, not just pregnancy). Total invasion of space and not ok.
  • I am kind of a touch person generally I guess.  I like hugs and stuff (as long as I know and like the person).  But I don't like belly touching.  At all.

The good thing is that in my last two pregnancies it surprisingly did not come up a lot; definitely not from strangers, which was a welcome surprise given what I've read and heard from friends.  But there are certain family members who are into it. 

My mom rubs and gets her face awkwardly close and talks to the baby telling it she loves it over and over again.  MH likes to just reach over and kind of rub the side of it with one finger.  In the past I said I didn't mind but I have come to realize that I really was only saying that because for some reason I had this notion that they had a "right" to do it.  I don't really feel that way anymore, but I don't know how to tell them (especially my husband).
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • ALSO the thing where people "force" their kids to give/receive hugs from people.  None of that! Learning about consent starts so early.  

I HATE this. I remember always having to put up with people hugging me because I got in trouble for being rude if I tried to avoid it. I have made it really clear to my MIL that I don't like hugging/cheek kisses but she always does it anyway. I kind of hate that I put up with it so as not to be seen as rude or bitchy. My in-laws definitely push the hugs and kisses and my DH believes it is very important for DD to give his family hugs and kisses. So far DD is pretty into it so it hasn't been a big issue and I've been able to deflect when she isn't but it is a major source of contention between DH and I.
  • kianarain said:
    Lol v random but, does anyone else troll the "real answers" section? I feel like it's the Maury of The Bump. So dumb, and so entertaining. 
    Omg I do and it scares me. How are people THAT dumb?!?!