October 2018 Moms
Options

Questions 7/20

Re: Questions 7/20

• Options
    Has anyone made copies of u/s pics?! MIL bought a frame and were going down tomorrow so I want to give her some options  but not give her the actual u/s picture. 
  • Options
    Haven't tried copies yet. We have so many freaking photos that I took the ones we wanted and let her just cut some out from the rest.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    kiwi2628kiwi2628 member
    edited July 2018
    @mamabearcj you can ask your OB to see if they save the photos in their system. They may be able to print out extras so it would be an actually u/s pic but without having to use of of yours.
  • Options
    Anyone else’s SO freaked out by baby movement? Last night I got some good hard kicks when I went to bed and took DH’s hand. He got weirded out and yanked his hand away. I think the baby scared him! 
  • Options
    KFrobKFrob member
    @quiltandknit yes!  DH has body issues anyway.  He's pulled his hand away and been like "holy S, I don't know how you do it, I'd be passing out all the time if I had to carry a baby"
  • Options
    I’m there with you @tlmill
    Third pregnancy, fourth baby, and I think this one is the only one DH has felt move! It’s just not his thing. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Same @jengibre_zorro! H is so bummed every time :(
  • Options
    +1 to H not liking to feel baby kicks. At first it made me sad, but now with baby2 I'm over it. Not his thing I guess. He finds it creepy...i still make him feel once in a while tho!
  • Options
    KFrobKFrob member
    I got annoyed when LO had hiccups the other day 
  • Options
    Sometimes it just feels so weird. He moves a lot, and most times its just like intestinal rumblings but I know it's him. It's so crazy to watch my stomach move too.
  • Options
    Dh hasn't felt much but it is because of my anterior placenta. Baby also stops once his hand appears so poor dh has like no chance! I have seen my belly move a littlr and it is cool and creepy at the same time. 
  • Options
    To everyone packing a hospital bag early and buying bras and stuff on sale...how are you picking a size to buy? I feel like I have NO clue what size nursing bras and camis I will need
  • Options
    @chopchop25 With both my other babies I got a few of the sports bra/sleeping bra types to bring to the hospital in the size that fit while pregnant and then waited to buy the real nursing bras until after baby came as I was told my cup size would change once my milk came in. For me, my bra size didn’t change at all before,during, or after pregnancy but I suspect it might be because I’m super chesty to begin with. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Re: bras. I have big boobs and shop at a specialty bra shop. They’re really good at sizing for growing pregnant women and nursing bras before you need them. I’d try there if you’re picky about bras and not afraid to spend a little extra. 

Re: US photos. I found that my phone takes better pictures than my scanner can scan. I literally just snapped a picture of each one of Z’s and printed them up.

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• Options
    alexa_94alexa_94 member
    edited July 2018
    How do you ladies handle unwanted belly touching >.< Now that you can tell I’m pregnant everyone seems to want to touch. I had two women at work as they were walking by reach out and touch me and I felt awkward and had no idea how to react.

DH also thinks it’s super creepy to feel baby kicking. At first he was into it because you could barely feel. Now I have a little ninja and DH won’t wven touch my belly. When we are going to bed and cuddling if he feels LO kick he moves his hand away from my belly. I just tell him he doesn’t need to use it as an excuse to feel my boob haha. 
    Recently it’s been weirding me out as the movements are into my ribs and then feel like my pelvis when I’m sitting. It almost tickles I don’t know how to explain it’s weird and I sort of attempt to push Lo out of my ribs. 

@chopchop25 thanks for asking, it’s been on my mind as well. I think it’s a good idea to do the sports bra type at first. With DD I went from a B to a DDD o.O so I really wasn’t sure how to go about nursing bras this time lol. 
  • Options
    @chopchop25 I was really trying to hold off on bras but even my sports bras wouldn’t work anymore. This is my first and I went from 34c to 38d in 27 weeks. It was actually my husband who dragged me to tre maternity store and said I was being ridiculous. I was embarrassed to even get measured! I ended up buying two sale nursing bras (they were about $17 each) that have no wire and should be a little flexible with size. Hopefully they will last the pregnancy. My plan is to invest in some nicer ones closer to when baby is born or after if I’m able. I will pack them both for the hospital but also just a regular robe that I can nurse in. I’m not planning to have too many visitors so I don’t think it’ll be a big deal if I even have to go braless during the stay. 

I do have a few nursing camis on my registry. I asked what they thought at the baby store and she said they are very forgiving with size because you’ll mostly wear them around the house.she recommended I size up from my prepregnancy medium to a large.
  • Options
    mamabearcjmamabearcj member
    edited July 2018
    Okay next question!! I have been chafing so badly on my upper thighs into the like vagina crease area to the point where it hurts to wear jeans/shorts/some undies!! The skin is pretty raw at this point, is there anything you ladies could suggest to just help the skin heal up and keep it from happening in the future..?? I plan on living in dresses until it heals up but I dont want to deal with this the rest of the pregnancy 

ETA thank you for u/s pic suggestions!
  • Options
    jandmnumber1jandmnumber1 member
    edited July 2018
    I dread having to put a bra on every day. Living in a small town I don’t have any options for maternity clothes. I either have to purchase stuff online or make a trip to the city (4 hour drive) I have been living in sports bras but my boobs are getting too big for those now too! Hopefully heading to the city again soon so I can stock up before baby comes. 

Edited. Oops I forgot to add my question. Anyone have any solutions for under boob sweat?? I am starting to get a rash and am almost tempted to break in to the diaper rash samples I have?
  • Options
    pajamstagramspajamstagrams member
    edited July 2018
    @alexa_94 I use my arms to form an "X" in front my belly and try to wiggle out of the way. I have also told DH to help block if the lobster claws come out. I also tell anyone who will listen how much I hate having my belly touched, so I think a lot of people know by now. I have had some family friends that are just so damn quick and just reach in there before I know what;s happening, but at least it was quick, and no lingering? lol
  • Options
    @mamabearcj - I had some major chafing from walking so much while on our babymoon and used Bodyglide on those areas. 
  • Options
    spartan4lifespartan4life member
    edited July 2018
    Not sure if this should go here or the glider spotlight thread but I will try here.

Now that we have the furniture set up in the nursery, I’ve realized there is no room in there for a glider or even a small rocker or chair. Have any of you STMs had experience not using a glider? Some people I have talked to suggested putting one in the living room but we already have a full living room set and no room to add. I think I will plan to do nighttime feedings in there in one of our regular chairs and set up my pumping station there (we have a very comfy oversized leather chair that I think I would plan to use). Is it a problem not having something that rocks, or does it really depend on the baby? 

ETA: we live in a bungalow so our room is upstairs and everything else, including the nursery, is on the main level. We plan to have him in his room from the beginning and I will probably sleep in the guest room across the hall for a few weeks so we don’t plan to do nighttime feedings in our room either.
    Me:29 DH:30
    Married:10/2012
    TTC #1: 12/2017
  • Options
    Personally, for me the glider is about ease. The fact that there's a chair in his room that I can sit in right away and not fumble to the living room in the dark. If I didn't have it, I'd be fine I'm sure. 
  • Options
    @spartan4life I didn't have a glider with DS because we weee in a small appartment and it just wasnt possible. I made due just fine though. It would have been nice, and I'm really considering getting one this go around, but again will make due with out if I have to. 
  • Options
    @spartan4life I have never had a rocker. I have a place on the couch that my husband/children must vacate when I want it. We didn’t have the space with my son and then with my daughter, her room is on the smaller side and I just figured we didn’t need it. I’ve looked at some second hand but I’ve done fine without it so the extra expense doesn’t seem worth it at this point. 
  • Options
    @ashin121 oh yes. i plan to leave DH alone to work stuff out on his own and to remove me so I don't feel the urge to tell him what works for me. Or I will go take a nap :) I have heard that so many times that he needs to learn his way of doing things with the baby, not your way. I know we are pretty good about asking one another if something isn't working if they want to hear what worked for us last time with something. Sometimes I say no as I want to figured it out on my own lol I am sure with hormones it won't go as smoothly!
  • Options
    I had a glider but did most of my breastfeeding in a different chair.