October 2018 Moms

Questions 7/20

13»

Re: Questions 7/20

• @KFrob I do the amazon subscriptions I didn't start up until recently and I only do every 2 months.  We get a crap ton of cat food, diapers, and then I change the other thing to something householdy we need.  For a couple months I did dishwasher packs, then facewash etc.  You definitely save.  Positive was Target is I believe they are REALLY good about exchanging sizes in store if you forget and get the wrong size.  Amazon not so much.
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • @sammierose464 my heart rate has been high too. According to my watch, it hangs out in the high 90's low 100's most of the day while i'm just sitting at my desk! 
  • Loading the player...
  • KFrobKFrob member
    Thanks @bntfroggie!  I'm thinking I just need to set up reminders to go in and add/remove stuff for each order.  I def want to add household supplies too.  And you're totally right about Target being easy to exchange, worse case I can do that.
  • @KFrob I use amazon subscribe and save for diapers and wipes, and also for some non-baby related cleaning supplies. It’s great for diapers and wipes, but sometimes we go through them just ever so slightly before the next order is going to arrive, and it’s cutting it kind of close to running out. Usually amazon ships them a couple days before the “scheduled” date though, so it’s usually not an issue. They also send me an email each month to review the subscriptions before they’re finalized, in case I need to make any changes for that month, which is nice. 
  • I dont know that I have enough repeat stuff to make it worth it... I get my klenex and TP from Sam's Club. We use paper plates a lot, but not sure often enough for a subscription. We only get our dog food delivered.
  • @sammierose464 That's why Amazon is nice because you can do every other month or every third or really any combination, but you need 5 different items to get the bigger subscribe and save discount
  • I only use Amazon for my dog food because it's $10 cheaper per bag than anywhere else. 
  • I use suscribe and save for random things, like razors, coffee beans, salt, and dog treats. I love it! If I don't need something that month, I just skip a shipment.
  • tlmilltlmill member
    We don’t do Amazon subscriptions at all because it’s all so much cheaper for us at Walmart or Kroger. DH and I both have Dollar Shave Club subscriptions, though. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm going to put this here, I think it makes most sense here.  I'm planning on putting clothes away in the dresser this weekend. When it comes to onesies and small clothes...do you find rolling them or folding them works best? They will be in a dresser. It's a VERY small dresser. I'm debating little drawer organizers, but they might be too tall. 
  • tlmilltlmill member
    I'm going to put this here, I think it makes most sense here.  I'm planning on putting clothes away in the dresser this weekend. When it comes to onesies and small clothes...do you find rolling them or folding them works best? They will be in a dresser. It's a VERY small dresser. I'm debating little drawer organizers, but they might be too tall. 
    We used the IKEA Rast dresser (which is pretty tiny) for DS when he was little and folding his clothes worked just fine. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • We started folding...using the KonMari method. TBH I don't think it much matters how you fold because they are all so tiny anyway, but I've been obsessed with the folding method and prefer to see the stacked layers instead of rolls. 

Totally expecting it to go all out the window once baby comes though. Also just realized this baby will have more closet/clothing storage space than I do. Thanks super old house!
  • @sammierose464 folding, rolling takes too long.  Also I know they look nice and neat now, but undo the snaps, because when you put it on baby you don't want to have to play with those in the middle of the night.
  • Thanks guys. My folding style looks to be similar to KonMari anyway. I like being able to see everything.
  • @SweetSweetTooth I just actually did that with all Squish’s onesies!! I’m trying to see if I can just do one dresser for both boys so that means hanging a bunch. Most of the kids’ clothes are hanging anyway so this was an awesome way to save space/hangers. 
  • I wish DH didn't already take up most of the very small closet in the nursery...but then I take up the small closet in our room..
  • lest12lest12 member

@sweetsweettooth thanks for that post!  What a great tip.

image        image