March 2019 Moms
Options

Maternity wardrobe

Re: Maternity wardrobe

• Options
    How do you ladies find Motherhood Maternity and Pink Blush run size wise? I'm clueless about maternity clothing  :D
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• Options
    @kristimh80 I found motherhood maternity true to my pre-pregnancy size. I am usually a 4, and the small fit perfectly in both tops and pants. Not sure if these same items will fit at 9 months, but that is asking a lot of any clothing item, in my opinion. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @mamakate1616 Sorry you had such a negative experience! That sucks! I've used Stitch Fix before and had pretty good luck with it. Was planning to do a box once I've gotten a little bigger/the weather gets a little cooler, but now I'm kind of hesitant.  :/ 
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    @kristimh80 Prepregnancy I’m normally a 2 and the small fit me through my whole pregnancy. That said, I think it also depends on how your body changes during pregnancy since everyone carries differently. I only put weight on in my stomach so a lot of maternity clothes fit me weird since my boobs didn’t grow much and neither did the rest of my body. I was actually a smaller size than normal in a lot of brands. So, I think sizing depends on how your weight is distributed as well.
  • Options
    @kristimh80 I find pink blush sizing confusing. Some things fit perfect (true to pre pregnancy size) and others are inexplicably tight in the arms/elbows/shoulders (sadly, usually the ones I want the most!). On the plus side they updated their return policy to be free shipping and I don’t think they have a restocking fee anymore (still a fast return window though). 
    Me: 30 DH: 31
    Married: 2012
    BFP #1 Sept 2014, MMC Dec 2014 | BFP #2 May 2015, DD Jan 2016 <3 | BFP #3 May 2017, MC July 2017 | BFP #4 Jan 2018, MC Feb 2018 | BFP #5 July 2018, fingers crossed
  • Options
    @mamakate1616 Ugh! That's discouraging! I have a maternity box from StitchFix scheduled for next week! I hope there's at least one good thing I can use in there.
  • Options
    If I had known about the potential to get a replacement fix for free I probably would not have kept anything. I did end up keeping 2 tops because DH encouraged me to, but I really don’t think they will get much wear while I’m pregnant - more for after baby is here. I hope you have better luck!! 
    BFP #1 Sept 2014, MMC Dec 2014 | BFP #2 May 2015, DD Jan 2016 <3 | BFP #3 May 2017, MC July 2017 | BFP #4 Jan 2018, MC Feb 2018 | BFP #5 July 2018, fingers crossed
  • Options
    Thanks for your thoughts ladies! Guess I need to just get my butt to the store. So far my clothes with stretch are still doing well, but today I noticed things are a little more snug so figure it's about time :)
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Options
    If you have an ALDI nearby, they're running a special this week: a 2-pack of maternity leggings for $12.99. Super soft and comfy.

• Options
    @CaptainPhasma I had no idea aldi carried maternity stuff! Thanks for the tip.
    BabyName Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @CaptainPhasma That's awesome! I had no idea Aldi carried maternity clothes either. 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Options
    I gave in and pulled out my maternity pencil skirt for work today and I am so much more comfortable!
  • Options
    @mayoduck Let us know how your Stitchfix box turns out. I've had decent luck with them before, but now I'm hesitant to try their maternity stuff since it sounds like @mamakate1616 's was so far off the mark for her. 
  • Options
    Re the stitch fix - I will say my issues are primarily related to sizing and my hips are very wide, perhaps the brands they use are just not wide friendly. I updated my sizing profiles accordingly so you’d think they would fit... :confused: in any case if you are more “normal” sized it’s probably worth a shot  :)
  • Options
    My firsr pregancy i got away woth my looser tops and bellabands till 22ish weeks and than it was spring time and i could find some flowy clothes that worked. I didnt buy many maternity clothes because im petite and all main stream maternity lines were still too big. This time around im buying a few more items from old navy, h&m and using thredup.com. Just put in my first order with threadup so cant wait to see how it fits. And if it doesnt everything was 90% the orginal price so i wont feel too bad.
  • Options
    Just made a trip to Motherhood Maternity. Bought 2 pairs of jeans and 2 pairs of leggings. I’m in love! They are so much more comfortable. 
  • Options
    PSA pinkblush has 25% off today 
  • Options
    I just placed an order with Poshmark. AG jeans, a long sleeve blouse from
    ASOS and a maxi skirt for $45! Definitely check them out if you haven’t. There’s a lot of great deals.
  • Options
    I just ordered bibbers on motherhood and I’m so excited for them to come. I’m going to an Apple festival in two weeks and am hoping they’ll be in, on time and will fit. 

We have two sleeping beauties in heaven.
    Jack gained his wings on 09/02/2016. 
    Kali gained her wings on 07/28/2015.
    They will be forever missed. <3
       Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    15 weeks with my first and I have not transitioned to maternity clothes just yet. I did get a pant extender because my pants are definitely snug. It wraps around the belt loops and velcros together. This weekend, a mommy friend gave me some more pant extenders and these button into the pants button hole and have additional holes to button the original pant button into. These are SO much better than the one I got! More size flexibility (since you can chain them), they can be used on pants without belt loops, and are much easier to undo for going to the bathroom. Just wanted to share this that not all pant extenders are created equally!
  • Options
    @bdesterhouse What are bibbers?
  • Options
    @bdesterhouse Ah, I don’t know why I’ve never heard of them referred to as bibbers. 
  • Options
    @mamakate1616 oh no! I have wide hips too, I am VERY pear shaped. Hopefully I won't have the same sizing issues with StitchFix. Usually I love their pants but maybe that doesn't translate to maternity clothes. I'll post an update after I get my box this week!
  • Options
    I got my second stitch fix maternity box and it was soooo much better. They clearly responded to my feedback and I kept everything.
    if you want a link to try it out feel free to send a DM.

[spoiler=TW in signature]

Me: 36, DH 37.

August 2014- 6w MMC

July 2015- CP

PCOS, plus some medical issues that make me high risk.

Our rainbow babies are due 3/21!!!!!

[/spoiler]

• Options
    I take back my review of motherhood maternity dress pants. They are still very comfortable, but the band isn’t elastic or tight enough, so I can’t keep the damn things on my body. I guess that’s why they are so comfortable though... 
  • Options
    I'm collaborating with Rent The Runway Unlimited because they have a maternity section now! The pieces I got were beautiful and it's pretty awesome that you can swap them out as frequently as you'd like each month for new pieces. When the blog post is up I'll link you all.

In the meantime, as promised, I received my free 2nd Trimester Bump Box and like some of you ladies already said... it was kinda MEH - since it was free I was tickled by everything I received, but if I had paid for it... not so much. There's a water that contains prenatal vitamins, some muffins, a pregnancy journal (which is cute), a water bottle that says "fly as a mother" (which will be great for my blog as an instagram post) and a belly moisturizer which is nice. Overall, I'd say a bump box is great as a GIFT. Something cute and different for, let's say if your friend finds out she's pregnant - not a shower gift but as a gesture... other than that, nothing in that box was NECESSARY - just fun! 
  • Options
    I got a really cute momo coat on poshmark for 1/4 retail. Also got some 'indigo blue' distressed jeans in a bundle with the coat that are under-bump (which I haven't tried yet, but over-the-bump pants seem to be exacerbating my nausea rn so worth a try). & I splurged on one item from seraphine that I'm super excited about :) 

SaveSave
  • Options
    lovesclimbinglovesclimbing member
    edited September 2018
    Well, I think I found my dress for my brother's wedding! They're calling it formal, even though I think it falls more under semi-formal (no one is going to be in a gown). My mom sent me a bazillion links to stuff, and I'm actually finding some super cute stuff on pink blush. I think I'm going with this one! (ETA: Forgot the link - https://www.pinkblushmaternity.com/p-27548-ivory-lace-sleeve-tie-fitted-maternity-dress.aspx?DepartmentID=1  In either the navy or the brown.)

And they have 20% off!

Also, I was showing H pictures, and he said, "do they sell other stuff? You need more dresses. I wish you would wear more dresses."  <3  <3  <3:kissing_heart::kissing_heart::kissing_heart::love::love::love: 

So now I'm browsing their casual/everyday dresses, and probably going to get a couple!
  • Options
    Got my first maternity StitchFix box. The pants were a miss but the tops were mostly good. Neither of the two pants I received had front pockets and now I'm concerned... does being pregnant mean I have to give up front pockets? Please tell me you ladies have found good maternity pants with decent pockets. I'm a weirdo who hates purses and I need my pockets.
  • Options
    @mayoduck I just started looking at maternity pants and none of the pants I have seen have front pockets. This is something that drives me crazy about women's fashion in general (I also don't like bringing a purse everywhere) and I'm a little upset that it seems to be the norm for maternity pants. If anyone else knows where to find maternity pants with pockets then I'd love to hear it! 
  • Options
    I don't know about maternity pants in general, but all the jeans I've ever bought have had front pockets. 
  • Options
    mamakate1616mamakate1616 member
    edited September 2018
    @lovesclimbing that is super cute, but I thought you didn’t like high necklines?! 

@mayoduck I have several pairs of maternity pants and none of them have front pockets  :'( BUT I am so glad your liked your box! 
  • Options
    I'm not a huge fan of them, no. But I like everything else about the dress, haha. I haven't ordered yet, so I'm still deciding. If I get it, I'm considering seeing if I can get it tailored to be more of a scoop or a v. 
  • Options
    @mayoduck I don’t think any of mine have front pockets. 

AFM I finally got around to unpacking all of my (and my sisters) maternity clothes. I’m pretty sure I now have as many pairs of maternity jeans as I do regular!
  • Options
    @lovesclimbing great choice that dress is so cute! i'm obsessed with that boutique and there's SO much stuff i like from there. i'm collaborating with them, and unfortunately they are one of the brands that will only send select freebies. i chose two pretty basic (but cute) tops, but they weren't any of the things i really had my eye on so i wound up spending nearly $200 anyway!!! (and that is including the 20% off).......... whoopsssss 
  • Options
    Looking for opinions... is this dressy enough for a wedding? It’s at a country club on a Saturday night. This isn’t a black tie wedding- just a typical wedding. 

• Options
    @chocolatelemons what is it made of? It looks a little casual, but I could see how it might be dressed up with a pair of heels, and a statement necklace.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    @chocolatelemons That's super cute! I agree with @meggyme. A cute necklace and heels would make it perfect for the occasion :) Where did you find this dress? Just curious, I'd love to find something like this as well. 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019