January 2019 Moms
Options

Genetic Testing Results

12346»

Re: Genetic Testing Results

• Options
    @green_olive they have a conference they attend with other parents and see a super awesome set of drs and the whole shebang! If on the extremely small chance your baby does wind up with galactosemia, I’m happy to put you in touch with them and they’ll get you in the network! Try not to worry in the meantime (I know). There are SO many things that could go wrong — but so many that could go right! 

Andrea -- FTM at 39!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @hamburglarhicks I feel like 1.0mm is in the normal range, so maybe something that in the blood test is what made it that high? Both of mine were over 1.0 and my risk was much lower. 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    FX for you @hamburglarhicks!!

Andrea -- FTM at 39!

• Options
    hamburglarhicks hoping everything turns out ok... your NT doesn't sound bad, but did you also do NIPT bloodwork? CVS will give you a definite answer!
  • Options
    @dragonette505 I didn’t have NIPT as I was considered low risk. I opted for the CVS for quicker results. I haven’t heard back yet, but did call the office to check on any results, and waiting for a call back. 
    DH: 32 Me: 32
    TTC#1 March 2018, BFP May 2018. EDD: 1/15/19
  • Options
    Anyone else a crazy pregnant lady second guessing the sex results of the testing? I've read all sorts of wild stuff about the inaccuracy of the results due to vanishing twins, early testing, etc. I'm having a slow day at work hence the rabbit hole of googling. I should send myself home.
  • Options
    @parentingishard I second guessed DD1 all the way until I delivered. I just had a hunch/mother’s intuition that she was a boy. I was wrong. Haha. 
  • Options
    Today, I received my final results from my NT scan and bloodwork and there is a 1/95 chance of baby having DS. :( I did bloodwork for Counsyl and now the waiting game starts. The ultrasound looked great and the first round of blood tests came back with everything low risk. So the higher risk result this round is quite a shock. 
  • Options
    @dubcompanion oh man I’m sorry for the worry! Was it the 16 week bloodwork that came back high risk? I hope counsyl comes back quickly for you! There’s still a 98.9+% chance of baby being healthy with those results! Hugs friend. 
    Me: 28 DH: 26
    Married: November 2015  3 
    TTC#1: January 2016
    BFP #1: 5/02/16 - MC: 5/27/16
    BFP #2: 10/06/16: 6 - EDD: 06/20/17
    DD Born 06/23/17 3
    TFAS: April 2018
    BFP #3: 03/21/18 - CP
    BFP #4: 04/23/18 - EDD 01/04/19

• Options
    @BitterBetty12 Yep, it was the 16 week bloodwork. So close to being out of the first trimester testing woods. :( Odds are indeed still in our favor, and I’m trying to hold on to those. It’s both comforting and terrifying that Counsyl can provide a more definitive answer. But I know my sanity isn’t okay with being left in the dark for 6 months. Thanks for the kind words!
  • Options
    tosh24tosh24 member
    @dubcompanion My screening blood work came back at 1/40 risk of DS (2.5%). I then had the NIPT (Harmony) which came back low risk (1/10,000). They still offered the amnio in case I wanted a 100% diagnostic answer but I declined after the NIPT results came back. Still a but nervous for the anatomy scan and hope everything checks out (my NT results were completely normal). FWIW, my doctor said every positive screen her patients have had with the regular screening blood work over her entire career has turned out to be a false positive. The screening blood work casts a pretty wide net. I hope your results come back quickly!
    Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• Options
    dubcompaniondubcompanion member
    edited July 2018
    Thanks @tosh24 for the reassurance!  <3 I’ve been doing a LOT of reading, lol, even research articles, and a vast majority of it has been comforting. Glad to hear that all was well with your NIPT results! Hopefully you didn’t have to wait too long. And best of luck with your AS!
  • Options
    @tosh24 I hope your anatomy scan goes well! It's really reassuring hearing your experience with that and then the follow-up with harmony. My initial blood work came back 1/750, which qualified me to take the second blood test at 16-17 weeks (I'm going tomorrow), and I'm nervous! I hope that it comes back lower risk, but I'm scared it'll come back as higher risk. The NT scan and my ultrasound last week looked normal and OB isn't concerned, but I can't help but be worried. I've heard that the blood tests often come back with a "false high risk"
    Me: 30 |  DH: 33
    Married: 8/11/2007

DD: Born 2/3/17
    BFP#2: 5/3, EDD 1/10/19
  • Options
    I had the panorama done July 3rd and all results came back negative. I had my routine doctors appointment on Friday and they said I needed to go to the lab and have my blood drawn because panorama doesnt screen for neuro tube defects or spina bifida? Anyone with a similar experience? Just one more thing for me to worry about as I await the results......
  • Options
    @sweetyjenj I feel you. I got my first results back and first reading them my odds were 1:530. I was freaking out a little even though Dr said everything was normal and my NT measurement was 1.3. Well I looked at my results again a week or so later and realized based on MMS my odds are 1:50! Que REALLY freaking out. I went for the second round of blood work last week and it should be back for my appt on Tuesday. I'm praying my odds are lowered after the second round. 
  • Options
    @Angheat It is completely normal to have bloodwork at 16 weeks that tests for neural tube defects! As far as I’m aware it’s standard in all pregnancies unless the patient denies testing. 
    DD Born 06/23/17 3

• Options
    @Angheat The blood testing for neural tube defects was mentioned by the OB at my 13 week appointment, but wasn't brought up again at my 17 week appointment. I think it's fairly common testing, but considering my anatomy scan is only two weeks away, I didn't personally think it was critical to get the blood test also. 

• Options
    @Angheat my doctor does this too but it’s voluntary. I keep forgetting to go have my blood drawn but I need to. @joniandtoe said, neural tube defects span quite a range, many/most of which are not reasons I would consider “interruption” but the info is good to have esp since many of the possible issues can require surgery pretty soon after birth. Neural tube defects wouldn’t show up on any earlier tests including the NT or NIPT. 
  • Options
    Just looked at our bill for the NT, and apparently that clinic (separate from our OB's office) ran the AFP with the NT.  Does anyone know what the purpose of testing AFP at ~13 weeks would have been? I thought it was only a useful measure a few weeks after that, but I may have misunderstood. 

• Options
    @AshVA I was told integrated screen for neural tube defects is two readings- one blood draw aroun 12, then one around 16- something about comparing numbers?
  • Options
    @dubcompanion I’ve been stalking this thread for your results! Ahh. I’m so happy for you!!
    DD Born 06/23/17 3

• Options
    @dubcompanion YAY! I'm so happy for you! I can imagine that wait for those results was a rough one!
    Me: 30 |  DH: 33
    Married: 8/11/2007

DD: Born 2/3/17
    BFP#2: 5/3, EDD 1/10/19