October 2018 Moms
Options

Questions 6/1

Re: Questions 6/1

• Options
    @chopchop25 nope! You definitely don’t need to Dreft. We use Tide and when I had A, we simply switched to the Free and Gentle version and I wash everyone’s clothes together. There’s no need to buy anything extra special. I’d just switch to the version that’s more gentle. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was wondering about needing special detergent too. I have really sensitive skin and fear that I am going to pass it on to baby, I stopped buying special stuff and just deal with the itchy annoyance since nothing helps. The plan is just to just see what happens and if baby is bothered by what we use then I will switch. 

@tinattt23 that is a great tip! I already lose socks and can’t imagine how many baby ones would disappear!
  • Options
    We use all free and clear and that has worked fine for us!
  • Options
    Haha @tinattt23 yes! We stopped mixing baby’s clothes in with ours when doing laundry just because his tiny socks would constantly end up getting stuck somewhere in my or DH’s clothes! Now we just wash all his stuff together separately from ours, and the socks are much easier to find! 
  • Options
    I have to second the laundry bag for tiny items. I wear no-show socks with my flats, and had one sucked through the drain of the washer.  It got caught in some sort of trap and my washer stopped draining!   
  • Options
    yeah I wouldn't waste money on 'baby' specific detergent either, unless your LO is showing signs of skin irritation. We just use regular ol Gain detergent for everyone in the house. Never had an issue.

• Options
    We had a front load washer that actually ate little socks and some not so little socks. They would get stuck in a trap like @knottieamusements said. DH learned how to get it out and get the socks out. Always knew there was more to missing socks than it seemed!
    DS 6/6/10
    DD 3/15/12
    DD 6/3/14
    #4 Due 10/26/18!
  • Options
    FTM but I use the norwex laundry detergent. Dh uses whatever I stocked up on years ago with couponing. Couponing was fun when I could run all over town to get deal and when our paper actually got good coupons. I am not buying inserts online! 
  • Options
    Has anyone asked their OB approx. when movement should be consistent? I feel like I got run over by a truck today and I'm cramping. All things I would try not to stress about.... but I haven't felt the baby move all day. It's annoying cause I think it was just this morning or yesterday that I mentioned I could feel him moving so nothing was worrying me. I'm just not sure if 22 weeks is too early to get checked out for that and I hate calling because they'll just tell me to come in because of my history.

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• Options
    jennybean80jennybean80 member
    edited June 2018
    @krzyriver they don’t expect consistent movement until 28 weeks. 

ETA hope you feel better soon!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    You don't need any baby specific laundry detergent, but I'm planning on getting one anyway because I just love the scent of Dreft. I'm hoping the new, more natural detergent that just came out has that same smell. 

As for the glucose test, I did fine during the test with ODD but I was sick for days afterward. It's no surprise because I have fructose malabsorption and even though glucose and fructose are different kinds of sugar, my body just gets all sorts of wonky when it's exposed to any kinds of sugar. 

In that vein, I was wondering if anyone knows what other options there are besides drinking the drink? I've heard there are alternatives but I don't know what they are.
    Ladybug - April 2013
    Dandelion - October 2018
    Angel "Aurora" - July 2020
    Angel "Sawyer" - May 2021
    Angel "Maxine" - January 2022
    Angel "Violet" - March 2022
    Baby Dove due March 2023
  • Options
    @krzyriver I think it also depends on how much movement you've been feeling so far. This baby moves all day every day, so I would be super concerned if he didn't move for several hours. If LO isn't super active though, I probably wouldn't worry too much right now. When I was pg with DD, I called the OB once because I couldn't get her to move and they told me to eat yogurt or drink OJ and lay on my left side. If she didn't move still then they wanted me to come in. 
  • Options
    @mytrueloves the one I’ve heard most is a set weight of jellybeans. (28 beans gives 50g of simple carbs)
  • Options
    jomama1618jomama1618 member
    edited June 2018
    @mytrueloves I've also heard that some offices allow an alternative like 100% juice  grape juice  boxes that equal 50g or 100g of carbs
  • Options
    @jennybean80 That's what I thought. I've felt #3 pretty consistently for a few weeks now so of course, like @acciocoffee said, I'm still concerned about zero movement for the better part of the day. But I'm still 6 weeks shy of that mark, so I'll give the tricks a try before I have a total meltdown. Z would usually move with juice and some loud music, so I'll crank the radio up on the way home.

#3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014

• Options
    jynjer91 said:
    DH brought up making my own laundry detergent..any of y’all do this or have advice for it against it?
    I heard many versions don't actually contain a soap agent. They are not recommended for cloth diaper cleaning at all. 

I'm going to use Tide Free and Clear (I believe that's it). That's what the two ladies I'm borrowing diapers from prefer and have asked I use it on the diapers from them. 

I mostly use Norwex brand detergent for my normal wash.

@krzyriver I've also been feeling crappy today. Some really bad stomach cramping. Not uterine cramping, very clearly stomach cramping. Its been kind of painful. It's been making me nervous all day, but he finally starting moving a bit more tonight.
  • Options
    Thanks for all of the detergent feedback today!

@kiwi2628 I definetly feel like this sometimes. I try to sit back to open things up but it doesn’t help much.
  • Options
    Experiencing that as we speak, @kiwi2628
  • Options
    Ok, good. I feel more normal in the abnormal state.

Ah pregnancy...
  • Options
    cjx95cjx95 member
    @kiwi2628 yes! I feel like no matter how much I try I can't get a deep breath or enough air at all.. I feel like I have to remind myself to take deep breaths more frequently as well.. 
  • Options
    slizteesliztee member
    edited June 2018
    It actually really stresses me out to the point that I get panicky over not being able to take a full deep breath, and I feel a bit like I'm suffocating.
    @kiwi2628 @mamabearcj

• Options
    Thanks @sliztee .... now I am panicking too. 

• Options
    I can NEVER get a full breath! I can’t imagine what it’s like at 8 mo if it’s this bad now already. 
  • Options
    cjx95cjx95 member
    If I can't get one or two good deep breathes in a row I start to panic too a little. I'm worried it'll only get worse 
  • Options
    I’m glad to hear I’m not the only one that already feels like baby is cramping my lungs! Like @kiwi2628 said, it’s mostly after I eat dinner.
    Me:29 DH:30
    Married:10/2012
    TTC #1: 12/2017
  • Options
    tlmilltlmill member
    @mytrueloves the only alternative my OB gives is a fasting blood draw. I chose that option with my other two because with DD I just couldn’t do anything sugary without getting sick and with DS I had HG so it wasn’t an option. My OB’s policy is that if you vomit after drinking the drink you fail, so I wasn’t about to set myself up for that. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    ashin121ashin121 member
    edited June 2018
    My son has super sensitive skin and had severe eczema since 3 months old. Dreft has fragrance so it always made it worse. I just use any free and clear detergent and free &clear fabric softener. One thing I learned was to just wash everyone's clothes with the free and clear products . My husband initially wanted to still use his normal heavy duty tide for his clothes and my son's skin wasn't getting better and the dermatologist said that even though you don't wash the baby's clothes with the fragrancedand heavy duty detergent, it still coats the washer and dryer so it gets on the baby's clothes. Since we stopped doing that, his skin got so much better! 

I can't breath either. Getting too big. 
  • Options
    For my glucose test with DS they give me zero directions and i ate completely normal and passed. I had no issue with the drink and the test was at like 4pm too. This time they told me to eat low carb, low sugar. My test is at my 26 week appointment.

We also use All Free and Clear. I switched to it when DS was born. But I learned early on that his skin was sensitive to Cheer. We used to use it and he would break out whenever he touched anything that had been washed in it.
  • Options
    I know we have one or two HR people on here (forgive me for forgetting who to tag)...

I’m discussing with someone the possibility of naming them Blast’s legal guardian if something were to happen to me.   One of their concerns was getting things taken care of if they unexpectedly had to care for an infant.  

I told them to check with their HR department, but I suspected that they may be able to take 12 weeks under FMLA to get things settled and figure out a routine. 

Does anyone know if this is correct?
  • Options
    @knottieamusements
    https://www.dol.gov/general/topic/benefits-leave/fmla#

I would imagine that would fall under the “for placement with the employee of a child for adoption or foster care”. 
  • Options
    @tinattt23 - that is the same language I was thinking of, but this is neither of those specifically, so I don’t know if it would actually apply.  
  • Options
    @krzyriver any update on baby’s movements? I thought I too was at the consistent movement phase but the last day I haven’t really noticed much. I usually get kicked to death after dinner and before bed but nothing last night and a quiet morning so far today. Yesterday was the 23 week mark for me.
  • Options
    chyviechyvie member
    @krzyriver and @rabtaido1214 I'm 22 weeks and I thought I felt him move pretty consistent as well the last three weeks. Morning 7-9am, 1-3pm and evenings 7-10pm. Then he went without moving really much for two days and now hes stronger and moving even more than ever yesterday! I even saw him from the outside last night! So I'm thinking he slept most of those two days went through a big growth spurt! So maybe your babes are doing the same thing?
    Me 33 DH 41
    TTC since 2016
    Due: October 12, 2018

• Options
    @rabtaido1214 Nothing yet. Just drank my coffee and some cold water. He's usually up around bedtime too, but he was quiet last night. @chyvie Z was like that. He'd sleep for a day or two and then get a crazy burst of energy. L&D would get so mad because I wouldn't come in unless he slept for more than two days, but I knew it was normal for him. I'm not familiar with this baby's patterns yet though, so of course I'm anxious. I'm drinking water all day and then I'm calling. I know it's early, they might just tell me to chill the F out. Lol

#3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014

• Options
    rabtaido1214rabtaido1214 member
    edited June 2018
    @krzyriver i had a coffee this AM too hoping it would help. I *think* I felt some small movements, but no distinct kicks like before, so no guarantee it wasn’t gas. So frustrating worrying.  I think I’ll go home and have some ice cream to try and jolt this sleepy baby awake. I’ll curse myself one day for waking a sleeping baby haha.
  • Options
    @rabtaido1214 I finally called my doctor and they sent me to L&D. Heartbeat sounds fine, but he still won’t move. Now I’m waiting for a doctor to come talk to me. It’s packed in here today, I’m going to be here forever. 

#3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014