October 2018 Moms
Options

Partner/Spouse Complaint Zone

Re: Partner/Spouse Complaint Zone

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    That's true. I suppose if I weren't working and my husband didn't go to work until later...maybe I would be able to stay up until 10:15.
  • Options
    chyviechyvie member
    Yes we got to bed by 10/10:30 but both wake up with the sun (and our pup) around 5:30/6. The occasion we stay up to 11 and sleep to 7. Even on weekends if we aren't out socially we sleep the same as a weeknight
    I love my sleep and am dreading waking up to feed baby. But the fact I'm waking up to pee 3-4 times a night is helping the transition I guess!
    Me 33 DH 41
    TTC since 2016
    Due: October 12, 2018

• Options
    I mean I'm already tired but I guess I'm actually pretty happy were up early today. We actually get to do stuff tonight and tomorrow and I get more than a few hours with DH. We'll see if I'm still this happy come tomorrow morning lol
  • Options
    @sammierose464 oh my gosh how aweful!!! I’m so sorry he said that to you. He has no clue how much you already do for your baby’s health. I don’t know how you didn’t tell him to F off.
  • Options
    Probably only because we were with some of his family at that point.
  • Options
    @kiwi2628 that's how I feel right now.
  • Options
    I am so sorry @sammierose464! You have every right to be frustrated! I hope you find a way to tell him off so that he gets it!! 
  • Options
    He just got home and keeps asking if I'm okay. I'm avoiding talking about it so that we don't fight. I don't have it in me to get into a fight tonight.
  • Options
    @sammierose464 I’m sorry he’s being a jerk!
  • Options
    @sammierose464 - I am sorry that your husband is being a dick.  Everything we are doing right now is for our and our babies’ health.   If he can’t appreciate that you are still trying to keep up with all your regular chores while also pregnant, he is fucking clueless and insensitive.  
  • Options
    Oh @sammierose464 I'm sorry he's being insensitive to the situation and how you're feeling... maybe leave him some articles youre finding outlining your concerns and such?? It's not fair how much we go throw already and to have our support people not be understanding is so much worse.. we have your back!!
  • Options
    chyviechyvie member
    @sammierose464 I'm sorry you are dealing with this additional stress from DH.  After your chat I hope he realizes you are worried about you and babies health and would do anything for him. Sometimes boys can be so oblivious and insensitive. Hormones are also a bitch and take over us which doesn't help the situation. Overall the most important thing is you know what you are doing for your/ babies health and the doctors will assist you in figuring this out if it needs to come down to that. DH can either get on board or stop criticism.
    Me 33 DH 41
    TTC since 2016
    Due: October 12, 2018

• Options
    DF got high last night, spent our last $20 on pizza, then cooked himself food, making a huge mess which I now have to clean up. Then when we got in bed, he decides to start fondling my breasts while talking about how gross they are (his words) just seconds after telling him I think my body is disgusting. He waits until I just get done crying, still sniffling, to ask for a blow job and then promptly passes out at 5 pm and sleeps until 8 this morning.
    And doesn't remember ANY OF IT today. 
    What the hell dude.
    Ladybug - April 2013
    Dandelion - October 2018
    Angel "Aurora" - July 2020
    Angel "Sawyer" - May 2021
    Angel "Maxine" - January 2022
    Angel "Violet" - March 2022
    Baby Dove due March 2023
  • Options
    Ohhhhh damn @mytrueloves I’d be livid! I don’t mind at all when Curtis smokes but he’s never acted anything like that. You’d better believe it would be him cleaning up that mess though! 
  • Options
    KFrobKFrob member
    @mytrueloves O.M.G.  I am livid for you.
  • Options
    KFrobKFrob member
    Also, @sammierose464 I'm glad you guys talked.  Like @chyvie said, they can be totally oblivious to how they're making us feel sometimes
  • Options
    He always acts like a complete child when he gets high. I keep forgetting how obnoxious it is. Last time he got high he had a field day over how big my nose is. (Disclaimer: the nose thing didn't  and doesn't bother me. I thought it was funny). I'm especially annoyed that he doesn't remember any of it. He can't feel guilty over something he doesn't remember lol
    Ladybug - April 2013
    Dandelion - October 2018
    Angel "Aurora" - July 2020
    Angel "Sawyer" - May 2021
    Angel "Maxine" - January 2022
    Angel "Violet" - March 2022
    Baby Dove due March 2023
  • Options
    @sammierose464 I'm really sorry you're dealing with that. I hope you're next appointment has better results and can alleviate some of the fear/frustration you're feeling. Getting to know you the last few months, you always have babies' needs top of mind, don't let anyone make you feel like you aren't doing enough, glad you were at least able to talk about it more. Pregnancy is hard. 

@mytrueloves I can't even. I'm a total ragemonster for you right now. 
  • Options
    @sammierose464 I don’t have much to add to what everyone else said, but I’m so sorry you’re having to deal with all of the GD stuff and DH being insensitive on top of it. I’m glad you talked and he was able to understand your perspective a little better. I hope your appointment goes well this week with your doctor and he is able to give you some
    clarity and next steps to follow.
    Me:29 DH:30
    Married:10/2012
    TTC #1: 12/2017
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. I really appreciate it. I needed someone who understood exactly how I feel.

@mytrueloves That is 100% uncalled for and even if he doesn't remember you need to make sure it's clear that what he did was not okay.
  • Options
    @mytrueloves Glad he apologised. But man...I would have been so livid! I'm so self conscious about my boobs these days. TMI alert - I don't think my areolas (sp?) can get any bigger.
  • Options
    DH can't get enough of my preggo boobs. I am about ready to slap his hands away some days.
  • Options
    DH can't get enough of my preggo boobs. I am about ready to slap his hands away some days.
    Same here, it's actually annoying.
  • Options
    @sammierose464 Oh I do slap his hands away! Nips are too sensitive and he “forgets” he has to be super gentle.
  • Options
     He can't feel guilty over something he doesn't remember lol
    You should be working on making him feel guilty for getting high rather than being an ass. >:)  

That said, I’m glad he apologized and is cleaning up his mess.  
  • Options
    @krzyriver What a low blow and totally uncalled for. I hope he realizes how rude that was and apologizes later. I’m sorry he said that to you.
  • Options
    By yourself?? Umm no pretty sure you're both parents so he needs to figure out what's more important, refereeing a game or helping your wife and family in a moment of need.. I'm angry for you @krzyriver and I'm sorry DH had his priorities misaligned.. I understand he made a commitment, but I hope he at least apologizes for his comments and not taking your pain as serious as it was.
  • Options
    @krzyriver that would piss me off to no end. DH tends to do crap like that as well, he’s easily convinced to do things for other people/groups and forgets to run things by me first. Hope yours gets his priorities figured out. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker