Randoms 5/25

Re: Randoms 5/25

• Options
    happy day of birth @krzyriver
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • Options
    June got another (maybe) 'you guys are so mean, rude, unwelcoming, etc' post. 
    https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12729337/just-joined-recently#latest
    It's just plain weird why someone would wait till everyone is gone, basically, to complain. And, like some point out, why don't they start conversations that are up to their level of 'politness', Take part and offer the type of support they think is lacking? 
    DS 6/6/10
    DD 3/15/12
    DD 6/3/14
    #4 Due 10/26/18!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Happy birthday @krzyriver!!
  • Options
    slizteesliztee member
    Y’all, can I eat some sushi now?
  • Options
    sliztee said:
    Y’all, can I eat some sushi now?
    Yes. I’m having some as soon as I’m not in the middle of nowhere.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @slitzee Yes! Just go to a place you trust! Fish is flash frozen before transport, that kills everything. So it’s fine as long as it’s prepared properly. 

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• Options
    slizteesliztee member
    I mainly wanted it while I was stalking the refrigerated area at Wegmans. Definitely trust worthy source, but I fought the urge. I probably won't fight the urge next time, though!
  • Options
    Happy birthday, @krzyriver
  • Options
    I think the worst part of painting is that I swear I have to pee every time I come down the ladder...
  • Options
    I've been feeling gross all day so I've been sitting around doing a whole lot of sweet nothing today and I'm Booooored. There's not even any drama anywhere on theBump that I've found yet. It's almost  enough to make me make an AE. 
    DS 6/6/10
    DD 3/15/12
    DD 6/3/14
    #4 Due 10/26/18!
  • Options
    @missmaehurt yesterday I was at a BBQ at my mom's. I commented that baby was moving and my mom jumped up and started rubbing and jiggling my stomach. If she wasn't my mother she wouldn't get away with it. He's not moving strong enough ndor anyone to feel it but me.
  • Options
    My family kept trying to touch my bump today. So annoying! It's mostly bloat and intestines where they were touching, and I'm barely showing!
  • Options
    @krzyriver Happy Birthday!! 

Maybe this is a UO, but I actually haven’t really minded people touching my stomach. I love when DH touches it, and I haven’t minded anyone else. Although, I haven’t had any strangers try it yet so maybe I will then but it’s been mostly family and close friends.

@jynjer91 She’s adorable!
    Me:29 DH:30
    Married:10/2012
    TTC #1: 12/2017
  • Options
    For me it depends who it is. My husband and my mom, no problem. My crazy step-grandma and uncle no thanks.
  • Options
    There will be NO touching of the belly. Only H is allowed.
  • Options
    I love when my H rubs my belly, but that's about it. My MIL keeps asking me to send her pictures of my bump and I keep telling her no. I get that you're excited, but that's just weird.
  • Options
    I've had sooo many friends and family touching the bump already. I guess I don't really mind it. But if some stranger starts reaching for it I'll be swatting them away! If I don't know you you're not touching me.
  • Options
    jynjer4jynjer4 member
    I don’t mind friends or family but strangers? Get away from me.
  • Options
    I don't even like my husband to touch my belly lol. I'm not a touchy feely person in general so people rubbing on me is just plain annoying. It's so hot today that we're all just sitting under the a/c trying not to pass out.
  • Options
    Happy birthday @krzyriver!

My kids are all over my belly to the point that I am super annoyed when anybody touches it now. Last time I didn’t care if certain people did, but this time everybody needs to keep their hands to themselves. The hernia I’m sure is not helping because it’s been sore the last couple days since I’ve been bloated again so there’s a lot of pressure behind it right now.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    There are a couple women at work who I can pretty much guarantee will though my belly every time I see them (a few nurses and one resident). We all work L&D, so groping bellies is part of the job description so I generally just let it go, but I don’t love it. 
    Strangers will probably get groped back...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I just hate being touched. 
  • Options
    jynjer4jynjer4 member
    edited May 2018
    I’m getting a bottle of wine. I’ve earned it today and it’s either that or I walk out on DH for the rest of the day. I’m not a wine connoisseur by any stretch of the imagination so any of y’all have a good recommendation? Bonus points if it’s resealable since I’m not drinking the whole bottle! I don’t like it super sweet but I’m also not a fan of the really bitter stuff that tastes like dirt and dried liver. 
    Edit for spelling 
  • Options
    @jynjer91 I'm not the biggest wino either, I usually get barefoot or a boxe wine. I like whites and usually just get a pinot
  • Options
    slizteesliztee member
    A bottle of rosé sounds divine on this hot Monday, @jynger91
  • Options
    jynjer4jynjer4 member
    Now I want a freezing cold angry orchard instead of the wine I just bought @sammierose464! I ended up with a white zin/moscato blend. Not too bad but a fizzy cider sounds so amaaaazing!! 
  • Options
    I'm getting a slurpee. DH turned up his nose at me having a cider.  :(
  • Options
    @jynjer91 I’m a barefoot girl. Cheap and resealable. Lol.

I’ve got a bottle of their pink moscato in the fridge and we’re havig some tonight to unwind from our move. Cheers!

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• Options
    I guess I’ve turned into kinda a wine snob. Barefoot was my jam before we had kids but now I physically can’t drink it. Whitehaven Sauvignon Blanc is resealable too. Heaven.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    slizteesliztee member
    I can’t drink the really cheap wines (plus, I don’t dig the sweetness of them anyway), because they give me migraines. $12+ only, unfortunately:(
  • Options
    I love the Traverse City Late Harvest Reisling. 
  • Options
    Ohh. I might have a hard cider when I get home. That sound amazing.

Also, I decided to detour to Salem, MA tomorrow instead of downtown Boston. We will have time Thursday to explore downtown before we go to the Fidelity building. I'm so excited. I totally forgot Salem was so close until a friend posted about it.
    I really love walking around downtown Salem when the weather is nice. It’s on the water and so cute. Get a Rita’s Italian ice!
  • Options
    @sammierose464 That is one of my faves! I also love the late harvest from Chateau Chantel (and their cherry wine is the best), also in TC. If you haven’t been there it’s really worth the trip (next summer ;))...the best winery in the state!
    Me:29 DH:30
    Married:10/2012
    TTC #1: 12/2017
  • Options
    @spartan4life I've only been up there two or so times. I need to head up and try some wineries. 

It's gonna be 82* F in Salem tomorrow, but I'm hoping being near the water it won't be too bad.