October 2018 Moms

Randoms 5/25

Welp, my toddler woke up at 4:50 because he peed out of his pull-up. I guess I'm awake now. 
DS  12-1-2014
DD 10-29-2016
#3 due 10-13-2018

Re: Randoms 5/25

• Love it. Since DH has given me a few of those lately.
  • Loading the player...
  • Sorry I’ve missed so much and been MIA. I’ve had the worst cold/virus and have been dead to the world. Now it’s made its way into a horrible cough that is making my lungs feel like they’re on fire. I’m so over not being able to take anything, but Tylenol when I don’t feel well. Any at home remedies that you guys use while pregnant? The coughing is a huge problem bc Im not able to get any sleep and I’m dyingggggg! My MIL (bless her heart) is here today to watch DD and I’m off from work so I was really hoping to nap, but I need to figure how to breathe first. :( 

P.S Tylenol doesn’t do a damn thing! 
  • @estellegetty hot shower and a humidifier to help loosen up the lungs and keep everything flowing out? I lived in front of a humidifier late February because I caught a bad cold and it really seemed to help.
  • @HoosOnFirst - I actually thought about rolling that into the crazy family thread, but felt weird about it because I am unpartnered.  I’m all for it because I would like to have a bit better ability to skip that particular type of unpleasantness.  
  • @estellegetty no recs but I’m sorry you’re felling so crappy! Hope it turns around for you soon!
  • @estellegetty so when this happened to me it ended up being post nasal drip and it was horrible!!!! My PCP said I could have regular mucinex and it helped tremendously. You can also take robittusin DM. 
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • @HoosOnFirst - I actually thought about rolling that into the crazy family thread, but felt weird about it because I am unpartnered.  I’m all for it because I would like to have a bit better ability to skip that particular type of unpleasantness.  
    Just wanted to add- I don’t mind reading anyone’s comments, just more like with the PAIF, I don’t really belong in that group. 
  • No thoughts on separate thread vs rolling it into crazy family, but IMO family is family however you define it! I am sure at some point I will bring up my mom’s crazy but amazing friends...they are all second moms to me.
  • @chopchop25 - I actually tried to word my opening for that to include chosen family.  I know several of us have them.  
  • slizteesliztee member
    @estellegetty Also try some of this in your hot shower: Johnson's Baby Soothing Vapor Bath

Bonus: many people have suggested it helps with their migraines as well.
  • Saw that and totally loved it @knottieamusements! You always have such a way with words! ❤️
  • Sorry I’ve missed so much and been MIA. I’ve had the worst cold/virus and have been dead to the world. Now it’s made its way into a horrible cough that is making my lungs feel like they’re on fire. I’m so over not being able to take anything, but Tylenol when I don’t feel well. Any at home remedies that you guys use while pregnant? The coughing is a huge problem bc Im not able to get any sleep and I’m dyingggggg! My MIL (bless her heart) is here today to watch DD and I’m off from work so I was really hoping to nap, but I need to figure how to breathe first. :( 

P.S Tylenol doesn’t do a damn thing! 
    I just had two back to back colds and they were terrible so I totally feel your pain! My mom says that if you put Vicks vapor rub on your feet and then put on socks at night it will help a cough- I haven’t actually tried it but it is worth a shot! Also my doctor said there are some cough drops that will numb the throat, and I believe you can have Robitussin but check with your provider to be sure. Otherwise like the others said- humidifier and warm showers. Feel better!
  • I feel like I’ve been gone forever!  We’re having data issues so I had to be careful and really limit my usage. (The issues are MH’s.  Despite being on WiFi most of the time at work, his usage has increased to almost the same as mine, which puts us over our limits.  We can’t figure out what he is doing that increased it because he says hasn’t really changed how he uses the phone and I’ve even gone through it to change settings, but it hasn’t reduced anything.)

Anyway, I’m back for now, but if I disappear again, you’ll know why.

Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • @purplegoldfish2 if it's data from phone, you should be able to go to settings or your carrier's acct page and see what apps are running in the background that is using all of the data
  • slizteesliztee member
    Lately, my phone hasn't been automatically connecting to my home wifi. Maybe make sure his is connecting when he's at work or home?

Also, anything that runs in the background eats up data and battery power.

@purplegoldfish2

• @purplegoldfish2 I'm sure you've already checked, but "wi-fi assist" will raise your data. And if he just did an upgrade they could've turned it on. 
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • @chopchop25 I checked it on his phone and nothing seemed high, but he also hadn’t reset his statistics so I was looking at what he’d used since he got the phone.   I told him to reset his statistics so we could monitor what his phone is doing so we can figure it out.  Today is the first day of the cycle, so I’m going to check the numbers when he gets home to see if anything is out of the ordinary. I mean, it isn’t a ridiculous amount, but it’s probably double what he normally uses. Mine went up a bit too, but I think that’s this site because it only went up since I started using TB (it also isn’t double what it used to be for me).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Thanks everyone for all of your cough help suggestions. Turns out I had a horrible asthma attack this morning and had to rush to urgent care :( They gave me a nebulizer treatment there, but my lungs still really hurt. The doctor put me on a steroid inhaler twice a day for a while. I’m just waiting on the RX to be filled by our pharmacy. FX this helps a little bit. 
  • That does not sound fun @estellegetty. Glad you're okay and hope the steroids knock this out of your system ASAP!
  • @sliztee - My one complete stranger guess so far is that it is a boy.  :). And you can totally Ramzi my ultrasound photo if you want.  
  • Thanks everyone for all of your cough help suggestions. Turns out I had a horrible asthma attack this morning and had to rush to urgent care :( They gave me a nebulizer treatment there, but my lungs still really hurt. The doctor put me on a steroid inhaler twice a day for a while. I’m just waiting on the RX to be filled by our pharmacy. FX this helps a little bit. 
    I’m sorry! My asthma had been super bad this week, like taking my inhaler several times a day. It can get scary fast.
  • @HoosOnFirst I’m sorry you’re dealing with this horrible asthma crap lately too! It’s the worst. :(
  • I took yesterday and today off to ST DD, it’s not going great, but besides that I had a list of things I wanted to complete and haven’t gotten one thing done from it. She’s been at school the last two days so I should have had time, DH has always got something else he wants to do that distracts me from getting anything accomplished.
  • I'm going to be catching up on all these threads for hours!!! Attempted to go kayaking with future SIL but it was too windy so we laid out instead!  Then I came home and power cleaned the house for the reveal tomorrow!!
  • @krzyriver I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that. I felt like I was being a wuss about the 87*. 

I really hoped to get some stuff done today but I'm just tired.
  • @sammierose464 I feel like that two! I know  five people having boys this year!!
  • @jynjer91 is there a way you can FaceTime with her!? That's so exciting congratulations!!
  • jynjer4jynjer4 member
    Hey that’s a great idea @mamabearcj!  I’m in a wretched, hormonal, emotional mood because I can’t really afford the $700 last minute ticket to fly out. And I’m not driving 18 hrs by myself tonight.  
  • @jynjer91 yeah that's crazy! As much as you'd love to be there I hopenshe understands it isn't feasible this last minute but that you're doing what you can with FaceTime or video chats and phone calls!
  • Ow. We got food boxes all packed and snack eaten and cleaned up and got home a little after 11:00. I was on my feet walking around almost the whole time and boy am I sore and tired! 
    DS 6/6/10
    DD 3/15/12
    DD 6/3/14
    #4 Due 10/26/18!