December 2018 Moms

Randoms Week of 5/21

What random randomness is on your mind this week?
Me: 31 | DH: 31
Together since 2003 | Married 2010
TTC #1 January 2016
BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018

Re: Randoms Week of 5/21

• PensiveCrayonPensiveCrayon member
    edited May 2018
    What do you guys think of this new info on hot tub/sauna use while pregnant? (If you don't want to visit, it's essentially saying that there's actually not much risk.)

Admittedly, I found it while doing a google search of how bad hot tubs really are for pregnant women. My in-laws have one and I really want to pop in for a few minutes, but I don't want to roast my child!

ETA: Here's a slightly better article covering the same review.
    TTC #1 January 2016

TTC#2 March 2018
  • hbmama21hbmama21 member
    edited May 2018
    @pensivecrayon oh man, I want to believe it so badly, but I’m pretty rigid about research design. I love hot tubs and saunas.(Ha. It ate my comment.) ETA: for now I will still be sitting on the edge dipping my toes in (maybe sitting in it for a few minutes max) if I come across one. I hope this drives more, better structured research though!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @PensiveCrayon
    I probably would not feel comfortable getting in and having it increase my body temperature, but I might hop in for a few minutes to enjoy, then sit on the edge with my feet still in.  
  • @Jens_Hoes I think that's what I'll probably do. Five minutes in the tub can't really hurt, right? 
    TTC #1 January 2016

TTC#2 March 2018
  • Hm, I’m rarely around hot tubs, so they’re easy to avoid and not miss. But I would totally dip my icy feet!

Meanwhile I am plotting lunch already, and wonder if my MIL would rather 1) help me load my car with donations -or- 2) buy me maternity clothes while she’s in town.

Oh! Speaking of towns. @PensiveCrayon , if you do go to City Market, visit Al Habashi and grab a few scoops of raw hazelnuts before heading to Dragonfly Tea Zone for boba. *drools*
    NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
    Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
    BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
    Anniversary
  • What was up with all the ramzi theory/guess what my baby is posts last week?! Holy crap.

RE hot tubs, I'd be scared to get into one. I get SO HOT in them normally, I feel like baby would cook. (Also, I didn't read the article.)

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • edited May 2018
    @AdorkablePixie Right?! I had to read about this Ramzi Theory since it’s apparently SO popular

@morgantu 1 PacknPlay sounds reasonable! I am totally worried about my mom when we tell her. She’s ...going through some stuff and I’m afraid that she’ll want to move in with us to “help” :no_mouth:

Anniversary
  • @echo-charlietango well, my MIL did offer to get an apt near us. no thanks lol
  • @PensiveCrayon oh my goodness, your picture for this post made me belly laugh and then unexpectedly cry (??) 
     In ten days I'm heading back to the States for basically the whole month of June and I CANNOT WAIT! Anyone else have something they're counting down the days to?
  • temmetime said:
    ...when I'm full of poo.
    That's why I'm not fighting my salad-lovin' tastebuds. Chowing down on a pound of salad everyday is really helping out the ol' large intestine. It's easy to be cranky regardless :smile:

Anniversary
  • AGK2015AGK2015 member
    @temmetime Talk to your OB. If everything looks okay with your first trimester bloodwork, maybe it's possible to back off on the amount of iron in your prenatal. A family member in the medical field recommended that to me during my first pregnancy; sure enough, made for an almost instantaneous change.
  • Re: hot tubs, I'm not around hot tubs at all, so easy to avoid. I'd love to have one in the future though! We do have a jet tub in our bathroom and I'll do a hot bath in that, but with a regular tub like that the water eventually cools, so I'm okay with that.
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• hkomhkom member
    @temmetime I've been constipated but not enough where I've needed to take anything.  But still, I know the feeling from other experiences and it's miserable.  I have been taking a low-dose chelated iron though.  IDK why they have to pump vitamins to such excess.  It's incredibly annoying.

Is pregnancy clumsiness a thing?  I dropped an entire bowl of spaghetti and meatballs on the floor of my kitchen for no reason.  I just... dropped it.  On Friday I spilled an entire cup of salad dressing all over myself at a restaurant with my in-laws.  I blamed it on the cup being oily but that was a lie.  It just flew out of my hand  :| 

BabyFruit Ticker

• @hkom It is, and it “means” you’re having a...boy? Girl? I can’t remember. But yes. I’ve dropped my full Hydroflask right after refilling twice so far. Holy mess. 
    TTC #1 January 2016

TTC#2 March 2018
  • Re: Clumsiness

I'm only “dropping” the ball on most of my adult responsibilities. 

Anniversary
  • I want to know why the "You May Like" section below is suggesting I might want to read about "The 5 Best Incontinence Underwear for Adults"   wtf

Re the hot tub .... if research says I can enjoy a hot tub or sauna than does it mean I can go back to heated yoga?  Because I quit due to this pregnancy and I miss it.  <sigh>

Pregnancy Ticker

Me: 40 | SO: 32

DDs: 11, 7.5 |  Due: 22-Dec

We're having another GIRL!!  <3

• I am exhausted this week! We closed on our new house last week and we don’t have to be out of our old house until the end of the month. Well DH decided it would be a good idea to move half of our stuff in in one day and stay at the new house last night. Well he was gone on Saturday so we only had Sunday to move. Luckily he got some of his students to come help us. But being in your first trimester and having a 15 month old makes it very difficult to find the energy to do anything! Oh and I have a meeting after work tonight so I won’t even get home til 9 

Me: 32 DH: 33
    Type 1 Diabetic
    DS: Born 2/18/17
    TTC #2: Jan. 2018 BFP: 3/27/18 EDD: 12/6/18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @wickedtiny I was totally apathetic about that hot tub convo, but I'm missing my heated classes too! That is a whole 'nother story! 
  • @AGK2015 My OB prescribed the Colace this last week and it only helped maybe the first day or two. I might reach out to her and see about downing that iron though, thanks for the tip! 
    Married: 6/6/14
    DS: 12/20/16
    EDD: 11/29/18
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @wickedtiny I was totally apathetic about that hot tub convo, but I'm missing my heated classes too! That is a whole 'nother story! 
  • fernsyfernsy member
    edited May 2018
    +1 on clumsiness of the body and brain. And also hi everyone! Just introduced myself the other day! I'm swamped right now with work and life and so very nauseous but I'm going to try to participate consistently.
    mittenlove86 I moved during my last pregnancy and it sucked so much. Moving always sucks but I can't imagine doing that with a 15 month old plus pregnancy symptoms and hormones. Good luck to you.
  • @mittenlove86 +1 on the exhaustion.  I don't have a 15 month old and I'm not trying to move, and I can still barely make it through the day.  I went to bed at 8 the other night.  Granted, I did get back from Ireland late last week so my internal clock is still a bit wonky.  I think it would help if I could sleep for more than four or five hours before tossing and turning the rest of the night.

I'm back to work with my advisor this week and I feel like an idiot.  Yesterday, I spent about five hours on the same problem and basically make no progress.  I hope it's just because I'm tired/distracted, but in reality I think I'd be struggling even if I wasn't pregnant.  I'm anxious about making it through this summer with my dignity and relationship with my advisor intact.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Whyyyy did i wear regular jeans to work today?!?! They have plenty of room and fit fine, but are just not comfortable sitting on my belly. It's like any pressure makes me nauseous. back to loose skirts and leggings for me tomorrow. 
  • My body hates dairy and it's all I want to eat right now and then I pay the price. Ugh. It's pretty rude.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • AGK2015AGK2015 member
    I have relied on the same freaking prenatals for practically forever; opened a new bottle about a week ago, and they smell unbelievably fishy. I have to assume that one of the softgels leaked or something, and it's AWFUL. Thye're too effing expensive to just throw away so I'm taking them anyway, but holy hell the fish burps they're giving me make me want to die.
  • A very first-world problem for today: someone turned me onto Dwell and Slumber dresses in the maternity clothes thread (I forget who it was, but thanks again!) I haven't purchased any dresses yet, but I did join the official FB group, and tonight there's going to be a special release for group members only. Highly exclusive. Will sell out in minutes. I've put it in my reminders.

Except...my sibs-in-law are dragging me to trivia tonight ("dragging" -- I actually super love trivia). We leave at 6; the drop is at 8 p.m. And if there's one thing you absolutely can not do during trivia, it's fiddle around on your phone. :bawling: I may have to take a slightly extended trip to the bathroom at 8 to make sure I get the dress I'm going after.
    TTC #1 January 2016

TTC#2 March 2018
  • @PensiveCrayon does your trivia do a half time? The one we used to go to did and we’d always discreetly look up the Q’s that we were sure we got wrong either outside or in the bathroom. Maybe you can do a similar thing? 
  • @tumbleweed-1 Not sure! But hopefully there will be some sort of a break. 
    TTC #1 January 2016

TTC#2 March 2018
  • I feel so swamped with work and life right now. I feel like I haven't been here in a week. Last night I fell asleep on the couch at 6:30 while my kids took baths. I only work up when the younger one was done, running around the house "naked baby" and there was water and bubbles all over the floor in the bathroom. Whoops. At least they were easy to get to sleep once I got their jammies on. 
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • Here's another random: I've been obsessing about lemon-elderflower cake after hearing about that royal wedding cake. I need it guys. Thankfully HGTV has come through with a recipe for me, so I'll be baking it as soon as I'm back home and can get my hands on a bottle of St. Germaine.
    TTC #1 January 2016

TTC#2 March 2018
  • whaatwhaat member
    @AGK2015 lol my first baby got the fancy ones but this kid is getting up&up abd THEYRE GONNA DEAL. 
  • Same @whaat. I comparison-shopped for just the right brand last time around. This time I got a prescription from my doc and that’s what I’m taking. Free vitamins? Yes please. 
    TTC #1 January 2016

TTC#2 March 2018
  • hkomhkom member
    edited May 2018
    OK GUYS so I had this toy set when I was a kid that I was absolutely obsessed with.  It had all sorts of crazy-shaped and colored plastic pieces that you could assemble to make like weird creatures and stuff.  I have been trying to find out what these things were called for YEARS and I JUST FINALLY FIGURED IT OUT (they're made by a company called Zolo, apparently).  Now I just need to figure out if I can still get them for my kid (aka to play with myself until kid is old enough).

Image result for celebration gif

BabyFruit Ticker

• @PensiveCrayon i LOVE st germaine! the elderflower gimlet is like my #1 favorite drink. Ugh now i want one
  • tunneltunnel member
    I put on two different non-maternity shirts on today that no longer fit!  The button-downs were gaping at the boobs so much that it was NSFW! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • PensiveCrayonPensiveCrayon member
    edited May 2018
    @morgantu Agreed, so tasty! I’ve only ever gotten the shooter size for stuff like champagne, but it will make an excellent addition to our bar. When I can drink again! :bawling:
    TTC #1 January 2016

TTC#2 March 2018