October 2018 Moms
Options

Babyshower Thread

1234568»

Re: Babyshower Thread

• Options
    @SweetSweetTooth Yeah, our first one was joint with my sister with our side of the family and just a couple close friends. Our one this weekend my MIL is throwing. I invited my girlfriends to that one, and of course MIL invited every person she has ever talked to because that’s how she rolls (I had to review the RSVP list with DH to find out who half of the people were and even he didn’t know some of them). We are also doing a diaper and beer party during the shower for DH and his friends, and then having a bbq/pool party get together for everyone after since DH has quite a few family members coming from out of state. It sounded like a good idea when were planning all of it, but now I’m tired just thinking about Saturday...

@chopchop25 Isn’t it adorable!? My aunts friend made it...it was my favorite part about the shower! And it was soo good, it was vanilla with a strawberry cream filling!
    Me:29 DH:30
    Married:10/2012
    TTC #1: 12/2017
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I know I’ve seen a few mentions of how to acknowledge gifts at the shower that you received already. I’ve been receiving things directly from the amazon registry and some of the giftees will be at the shower. I know I saw a poster board idea. Any other ideas so they don’t feel left out during gift opening at the shower?
  • Options
    Have you opened all of them? My shower is today but my mom made sure to intercept all gifts and even though they weren't wrapped in The box shes still gonna have me open the Amazon box. Which doesn't bother me. The poster board is a good idea too especially if everything has been opened and assembled (: 
  • Options
     :# yes I hadn’t considered not opening them. Oops. But they are all large boxes so it would have been a huge pain to bring them to the shower.
  • Options
    @rabtaido1214 a lot of people sent stuff ahead but still came to my shower with a small gift. I did have a request to bring a book instead of a card, so that's mostly what they did. I wouldn't stress too much about it, if they sent it to you ahead of time, they probably didn't want to deal with bringing it if it was really big, etc. Some people did ask me (while opening gifts) if I got the gifts sent to my house, and I just replied "yes I did, thank you!!" Just make sure they get a thank you note :)
  • Options
    @rc-cola what an awesome idea! What an amazing and personalized gift.
  • Options
    @rc-cola What an awesome idea!! Those look great!
    Me:29 DH:30
    Married:10/2012
    TTC #1: 12/2017
  • Options
    @rc-cola that is an adorable idea! I had mine today too and I am curled up in bed with the dogs :) everyone wrote words of encouragement or something funny on diapers. I hope to cloth diaper but I sure as heck will use disposable occasionally even if all goes well! Just hope the sharpies don't bleed when the diapers get wet. I am sad that so few people attended. Gotta love tension in the families. So sad. 
  • Options
    @SweetSweetTooth sorry family let their issues interfere with your shower. Family is... funny. Can’t live with them, can’t live without them. I worry a bit about tensions between some people at my shower, but I think they were all able to behave at my wedding so I hope it will be fine. I also worried about if a certain aunt came how it would be because in the last year we sort of had a falling out (partially my fault, partially her overreaction IMO), but I wasn’t gonna not invite her. Figured I’d let her decide if she wants to move on from the past or not. She RSVP’ed that isn’t coming, which honestly relieves some of my anxiety about the shower.
  • Options
    @SweetSweetTooth I’m sorry annoying family issues kept some people away but I’m glad you still had a good shower! I’m sure you’ll use those diapers and each time it will be a fun interspersed memory of the people who did come to celebrate with you!
  • Options
    @mamabearcj you look adorable! Great pics! And I love the beehive!

Me: 33 DH: 31
    DD: 10.13.18
    baby #2 due: 7.14.20

• Options
    @chyvie love the dress!!