October 2018 Moms

Randoms 4/19!

DS  12-1-2014
DD 10-29-2016
#3 due 10-13-2018

Re: Randoms 4/19!

• How is the day half gone? I feel like I blinked. 
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • @hellopartyof5 you must be an east coaster! Damn you! (jk) It’s only 10:00 here, there’s still soooo much work left! 
  • Loading the player...
  • DH is on a fishing trip this weekend and I leave today after work to do a 5 hr drive to visit family and host a wedding shower. Five hours, just me and my dog. Hope he sleeps and I can manage to stay awake!
  • nasalot188nasalot188 member
    edited April 2018
    We had a marketing mtg this morning to discuss our new 'restructure'. Which was really just taking teams and bucketing them into different silos. So.....no change at all in my opinion. Except now ppl are worried they'll be fired.

Can it be mat leave yet? I'm so over work..
  • Ditto @sliztee

I exclusively post from my phone and have limited access to it during the day thanks to my job so it’s is challenging to keep up! I prefer individual threads for new topics so much more than a zillion responses in one thread! Oh well.

My random - someone with whom I work regularly (but does not work for my firm) confided in me yesterday that she and her husband are officially separated as of yesterday. She is due with her first baby in September (only a few days before me!) and said she feels like a failure to her baby. I do not know the details of what is going on but I felt awful and didn’t know how to respond other than sharing she shouldn’t feel that way and her baby is lucky to have her as a mom. She had casually mentioned before that her marriage was a bit rocky, but man, that sucks. I wish I knew how to better support her without making it awkward.
  • @ladyofarlington poor girl. that is tough. I have a friend who just told me her and her BF had broken up, their daughter is 11 months. I didn't know what to say either. I just said don't stress, don't be embarrassed (which she felt), it'll all work out. Thousands of split families function daily. I came from one and I turned out fabulous!! hahaha
  • So I tried jackfruit today. No it does not replace pulled pork. It was interesting but I think I am going to pass next time.
  • Ohhh @ninji15 I LOVE jackfruit. I couldn't eat enough of it when I was in Vietnam. Definitely agree that I'm not sure how it would replace pulled pork, but it's so good when it's plain and ripe. Reminds me of a pink starburst.
  • @ladyofarlington

Ditto that this is a shit thing for her to have to deal with right now. 

As hard as it is, my best advice is to listen when she talks and keep your thoughts and advice to yourself unless she clearly and directly asks for advice.  

She is going to be getting a lot of advice, most of it terrible and unsolicited.  What she probably really needs is time and space to work out for herself what she wants her future to look like.  

(This is coming from someone who divorced six years ago, ignored most everyone’s advice, and is genuinely happy she was able to do so. Also- my biggest regret from my marriage is no longer a regret (hello sweet dinosaur!), but is still my biggest relief- I cannot imagine going through that with young kids.)
  • @mytrueloves Again, you really have no choice...
  • Alright you've convinced me! Will report back with results  ;)
    Ladybug - April 2013
    Dandelion - October 2018
    Angel "Aurora" - July 2020
    Angel "Sawyer" - May 2021
    Angel "Maxine" - January 2022
    Angel "Violet" - March 2022
    Baby Dove due March 2023
  • @chopchop25 ahhhh! I love your lurking
  • @mytrueloves I'm going to play devil's advocate on this - not against, but with a question. What is his sense of humor like? My H is a little sensitive on the self-security/confidence side, and might think I was mocking his new hobby/interest with this. So, totally for it if he'd have a good laugh, but would be more against/on the fence if he might react differently.
  • @chopchop25 I have no concerns that he would take it the wrong way :) We have the same sense of humor. 
    Ladybug - April 2013
    Dandelion - October 2018
    Baby Dove due March 2023
  • @mytrueloves then you gotta do it! :D
  • @mytrueloves - don’t forget the hard hat.  And get him a real one, not a prop. $7 at Home Depot.

@kiwi2628 - Congratulations!  That is a great upgrade!
  • @knottieamusements added to cart  ;)
    Ladybug - April 2013
    Dandelion - October 2018
    Baby Dove due March 2023
  • @knottieamusements I could not love that any harder. So awesome

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• I'm a dumb dumb who just posted a random question in last week's randoms thread....This is what I get for not being up to date on my bumping!
  • @jemmerjams I just replied to your question in last week's thread, thinking it was in this week's, too. 
  • I wish there was a way to shut off commenting! It would make this much easier 
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • @jemmerjams I answered you even though i knew it was last weeks. It was a good question. 

My random is that I went to the kids consignment sale tonight and got DS a full summer wordrobe!!! I didn’t buy anything for new baby, but i was tempted. Also, a BF because I was showing DH everything I bought and he couldn’t shut up about how he didn’t like ONE of the outfits I bought because it was salmon and plaid and “preppy”. I was like really, you hate one outfit Ingot for church and that’s all you can focus on...
  • Btw, I saw my spelling and grammar errors, but it keeps goofing up my post if I try and fix it :neutral:
    DS 6/6/10
    DD 3/15/12
    DD 6/3/14
    #4 Due 10/26/18!
  • Yay for your new family member!! You'll have to share a picture!
  • WAH I got an email from my OB that I had a new test result. So I checked, and it was just a summary of the ultrasound we had last week, which I know are normal because the dr told me at the time. I totally thought it was going to be the results of my materniT21  :'(. They got me.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I lost it at a diner the other day cuz I saw an old man walk in and I wondered where his wife was. Thought too much about getting old and losing everyone I love. The waitress thought I was nuts when she brought my soup out. 
  • I've been obsessed with the Southwest Flight that had an engine fail. I keep reading the story and keep crying so hard. Like why? Why do I care so much about it? I mean, it's absolutely awful, but I just cant stop! 
  • @wolfpackgrl718 me too!  I have a flight in a couple weeks too, and all i can think is that i am never sitting in a window seat again!  Someone also made a joke about it in a meeting yesterday, and i bit their head off out it.