December 2018 Moms
Options

Question Thread

167891012»

Re: Question Thread

• Options
    @mamajudec2018 I am sorry to hear about your GD. I don’t have any advice to offer, but I have heard that it gets easier over time.
  • Options
    @katy0990 Thank you! I hope so! Right now it's just a little scary.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @mamajudec2018 ugh so sorry you're GD. I can't remember if there are any others yet or not? I know we have a high risk thread sometimes (though it hasn't been posted consistently yet) so I just posted in that for now. But yes, I'd love a GD thread at least at some point! I know it can be really scary at first, I was terrified every time I had a reading over the max they're okay with seeing, but as long as a majority of numbers are within range and your high numbers aren't insanely high, then you're okay. Like after meals is supposed to be less than 120, I've had a couple in the 140s, some 130s, and quite a few 120s and my OB has told me that none of my numbers are horrendous, so he's not worried about them. Hopefully they're getting you GD education soon? That helped calm me down a lot once I knew how to adjust my meals. And I'll be crossing all the things that you don't have issues with your fasting number like I do!! I think the fasting is the hardest number to control with just diet and exercise, meal numbers are easier. But, I'll be going on insulin sometime in the next week or so, and I've been on a pill up until now, so I've definitely got some experience in and can (at least try to) answer any questions you have! Once you start taking your readings and making the necessary adjustments, you'll feel a lot better. A high reading every now and then is okay, because no one is perfect and we're pregnant, we have cravings. You can get through this!! 
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Options
    @CecilB93 Wow thank you so much for all of your encouragement! It's so nice to have someone who understands and has knowledge about this! I got my testing materials this afternoon so I did my first reading today after dinner and it was a good reading. They want me to stay under 95 for the fasting number and under 140 an hour after each meal. They can't get me in until the 26th for the dietary education. Seems like a long time for me to have to somewhat guess. I took 2 walks today because I'm so paranoid. My biggest fear is I just don't want anything to happen to baby if I don't do everything exactly right so I'm really hoping I'm able to do what needs to be done. Today, I've found that I am so hungry all the time and I think it's because I'm used to being so carb heavy. I'm amazed at how many carbs are even in veggies, there's like no freebies ☹️. Would you like me to start a thread for GD so we can see if there are other Mama's out there and have a place for support?
  • Options
    Yea, let's go ahead and make a thread, I know we're only at the beginning of the second tri but we're getting closer to the normal testing time, so we may have others soon. And I'm jealous of your after meal restriction being 140!! My high risk OB is super strict and my ranges are under 90 fasting and under 120 after meals. And yea, I get the feeling hungry thing. I was still nauseous when I started all this, so that made it even harder, but now that I'm past the nausea I feel hungry almost all the time! I'm not too careful with veggies honestly, mostly just potatoes (both russet and sweet). Then again idk that I really eat many veggies to begin with...what I miss is the fruit. 
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Options
    Any body have issues starting a new thread??? I click new discussion and it just sends me to a different page! Soooo frustrating!
  • Options
    Any body have issues starting a new thread??? I click new discussion and it just sends me to a different page! Soooo frustrating!