August 2018 Moms
Options

Randomly randoms 4/9

Re: Randomly randoms 4/9

• Options
    @juliebird6 - YES! I'm loving all the little milestones! Like when a new BMB pops up, I get so giddy!
    Aug '18 Siggy Challenge - April Showers

Me: 37   Him: 38
    Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    yes @juliebird6 I love graduating!

The only part of having a fast surprise labor that scares me is if I was alone and if I had my son with me.  As long as someone else was there and he was well taken care of, I'd be fine. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I’ve never given a hostess gift, either. I write a thank you note and made sure to send each hostess a birth announcement. Part of this has to do with the fact that most hostess gifts I’ve ever been given were things that just took up space in my house. And plus, when my church does a shower, you have a dozen hostesses. That’s a lot of gifts!
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    Oh hell no to a car birth def not that!!!

id love to have a planned home birth but it’s something dh was very uncomfortable with, and I adore my midwives now who only do hospital, and my hospital is great. But man. I just hate being at the hospital, and I think it would be so cool to birth at home. 

So so when I secretly would be excited for a surprise home birth that’s prob why. Plus... what a cool story!

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• Options
    I was just starting to heavily consider a home birth and DH was very much on board. In Michigan, it isn't covered by insurance so it would be completely out of pocket, which was my only hesitation. I was totally for it!

My brain had other plans and now I'm definitely going to need to give birth in a hospital to stay safe but I think home births are amazing. Reminds me of Call The Midwife on PBS, does anyone watch that? 
    Image result for april showers meme

Hello from Detroit!

• Options
    @rocknrrollmom looooove call the midwife! I’m a little behind bc I had to stop watching it after my losses but it’s fantastic. So many tears.

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• Options
    @rocknrollmom I love call the midwife! I have a rule that I can’t watch it while I am pregnant though. There have been too many close to home moments for us with our losses to risk it. But that just means I can binge a full season at once instead of waiting. 

I don’t know if I’d ever be comfortable with a home birth if I was a “normal” pregnant lady, but I would have been up for a birth center at least. The tub seems nice and there’s a pretty new one in town where I know one of the doulas. But with my complicated history and having needed 2 massive blood transfusions, I can’t even entertain that thought. I do really like my hospital though, the food could be better, but otherwise the staff and environment are great.
    April Siggy Challenge: April Showers
    68b4a0fa9283500827195ef5a5ccdd70

About me:
    29 y/o
    Married 6.26.11
    BFP 12.23.13, EDD 9.2.14 - baby girl, born too soon at 22w6d due to a placental abruption on 5.5.14
    BFP 8.4.14, EDD 4.15.15 - rainbow son, born at 30w4d due to a placental abruption on 2.8.15, healthy 3 y/o now!
    BFP 2.28.17, EDD 11.8.17 - baby girl, miscarried at 11 weeks on 4.21.17
    BFP 11.28.17, EDD 8.8.18, delivering in July - another rainbow baby boy!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I will jump on the train of being petrified of going into labor at work! I work 3rd shift and I am so nervous no one will answer the phone when I call them. I need to change my ring tone in the husband's phone to something loud and obnoxious. 
  • Options
    The idea of a home birth seems nice when I think about it, but I would be absolutely too terrified. I'll be having a repeat c/s this time around, so definitely not an option for me! Even if I go into labor on my own, mine was soooo long with DS I'm hoping I don't have to worry about it being so quick there is a chance of a car birth...!

Also, I already ate my homemade breakfast sandwich and a co-worker brought in bagels. I'm tempted to eat one of those, too, but may hold off on fear of judgement from my co-workers!
    Me: 34 DH: 37
    DS: 5.28.15
    DS#2: EDD 8.31.18

• Options
    Eat it!
  • Options
    I stopped working about 3.5 weeks before DS was born because of the SPD in that pregnancy and so luckily my water broke a few days later at home.  I'm debating doing something similar this time just in case. I have joked with my co-workers about who would clean it up if it happened here hahaha
  • Options
    @F47 Oh wow! He is cute but, yeah I would be freaked out now. We once had a bat in our apartment and I flipped out and hid in a closet while DH handled that shit. 

• Options
    Oh and speaking of unwanted guests, I have a mouse or rat living under the hood and possibly inside of my car. I took it to the mechanic to replace a belt yesterday and when they opened the hood they found rat droppings and about 25 dead/eaten/toasted snails. I just had the hood open two weeks ago and the engine was spotless so this is a new development. This can turn into a seriously expensive problem so now I get to figure out how to get a rat out of my car. 

August 18 Siggy Challenge: April Showers

• Options
    F47F47 member
    @calimom2524 Yikes! That's crazy you knew a guy who was bitten by a bat and got rabies. @Brezzy1928 I would flip the F out if I saw a bat in my house. I have actually never seen one in the wild until this guy turned up. His little face is so cute, but I can't get a picture of it because of his angle. 

I don't think he's leaving at night unless he has 100% accuracy with perching back in the same position every night. But, I agree that if he was dead, he'd probably fall. I don't even see how he's able to hang on.

Ah well, the mystery continues... luckily, we enter the house through the garage door and not the front door.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @F47 cooooooool!  But only because it's at your house and not mine.  I lived in a frat house in college and the guys in the house would fight over who "got" to get the bats out of the house when they would get in.  Luckily nobody ever got bit
  • Options
    @F47 cooooooool!  But only because it's at your house and not mine.  I lived in a frat house in college and the guys in the house would fight over who "got" to get the bats out of the house when they would get in.  Luckily nobody ever got bit
    you lived in a frat house? How? WHY? Frat guys are disgusting lol 

• Options
    @calimom2524 Yes, it was a co-ed frat.  I guess back in the 70s some progressive women hippies sued to have access and they won.  I liked the co-ed atmosphere, it was fun!
  • Options
    calimom2524calimom2524 member
    edited April 2018
    Oh that's actually pretty cool! I lived in a co-ed dorm and I loved it. I just can't imagine living in a frat house, I remember being in many frat houses in college and my god they were disgusting. 

• Options
    @F47 I had a bat hanging from my siding for about a week unmoving. He disappeared without a trace and I have no idea what happened. I thought he was dead too. He may have been? And another animal ate him? Ugh idk. PM'd you a pic. (Has house numbers in it) 
    Image result for its raining meme

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I feel like I’ve heard a similar bat story before... bil maybe?? I forget who for sure but I do remember it was dead and required an exterminator to remove.

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• Options
    @f47 so I am hella curious about this and the google tells me this: 
    Do bats die hanging upside down?
    The weight of the bats keeps their talons closed, and the talon joint locks them into position. This system is so effective that, if bats die while roosting, they will continue to hang upside-down until something (or someone) shakes them loose.

So it's definitely possible that it's dead just hanging there. Yikes. I'd honestly call animal control or something to have them move it or something. 

• Options
    F47F47 member
    @pghctwife, really??? I figured I could send H it there with some big landscaping gloves and a shovel. Oops. Granted, it could also be alive.

i wonder if I should see it breathing...? (I don’t). 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @F47 the story I heard was an office window so that’s different lol. We had a dead raccoon in our backyard once and dh had to dispose... blechhhhh

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• Options
    I hhad my a/s on Tuesday and had my next OB appointment set for next Wednesday. But they called me yesterday and asked if I would move it to this Friday.  Should I be worried? Because I am worried

• Options
    Omg @F47 we’re going to need like daily bat updates! That is the most bizarre thing I’ve seen in a while!

@deziraywatt I wouldn’t be worried, they may have too many booked on your original appt day and have lots of openings on Friday. Or your OB might have scheduled some time off.

Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We're looking at a house on Saturday morning. I'm terrified, it's been so long since we've done it, it's scary. The house is huge, way more than we need, but so damn cheap. It's got a brand new roof, new windows, new siding, new kitchen cabinets/appliances, and a new bathroom. The upstairs bathroom was in the midst of replacement when the owner ended up going to hospice, so no functional upstairs toilet, sink, tub/shower. It also has some minor drywall issues that need fixing, but nothing major. But the optimist in me, I think with some fresh paint, some landscaping, a few updates that we can totally afford with a much cheaper monthly payment, and my husband's handy nature, I think we could either flip it in a year's time for more, or rent it out easy. 

There's literally nothing rentable for us in this area with 2 inside cats and a dog. Sorry random rental management guy, I'm NOT abandoning my pets at a shelter just to rent your shitty property. Yes, he actually suggested this. I'm really sad that throat punching through phones is not a thing yet.

Buying a second house would be less than half the price of the going rates for rental places that DO allow pets (like the domestic violence special victims unit apartment complex in town). Our current mortgage is almost $1200/mo. According to the realtor with our numbers, for this property, we're looking at probably $400-500/mo. So that's some nice savings/reinvestment money.

Plus it gives us a place to move our stuff to immediately while we work on finishing up the decluttering, cleaning, and fixer-upper-ing our current home and getting it ready to sell. Somehow it's easier to work in an empty house, not one you're trying to live in as well. All without having to use a storage locker type place. And there's enough room in this house to move your stuff to another room, paint/fix up a room, move it back over, paint/fix up that room, rinse and repeat. 

Renting it out after we move appeals to me as an income source while we're hoping to move across the country. It's cheap enough that after borrowing the down-payment from my grandma, we could pay her AND it off with the sale of our home, so no mortgage to contend with. 

Hopefully I can stomach living in town with people as neighbors for a spell. If I disappear suddenly, send me bail. But I could have my very own haunted house! =D
  • Options
    @neeraja_k I thought you were moving away away, like cross country try or something?
  • Options
    hoodwink89hoodwink89 member
    edited April 2018
    @neeraja_k it looks like a beautiful house. The whole rental property thing interests me. My husband and I are looking into buying a couple properties as an investment into our retirement. I really hope it works out for you!
  • Options
    @F47 I’d call animal control, but I’m a weirdo about this stuff. When my nephew was 8 he picked up a dead bat in their back yard and had to get a series of rabies shots. 

@calimom2524 that’s crazy! We found out a few months ago that we had roof rats living in our attic and had to do all this crap to get rid of them, and are now having some of the insulation replaced becagde they pooped and peed all in there. Soooo gross! 
  • Options
    @mapleandbacon We are, but it's going to at least be another year before we can begin to do that due to my husband's career with the health insurance needed for my pregnancy, birth, and baby's first few months of life. After 18 years being here, it is going to take some "careful uprooting" to get it done in such a way so as to not be overwhelmingly stressful, I think. We'd like to have our ducks in a row as much as possible. heh

@hoodwink89 Thank you! For it's age it's in remarkably good shape, and if it ends up being ours, I'm excited! I've always loved old houses, they have so much character and history. It's sad watching so many of them being abused and tore down the past few years. The last one we lived in, built in 1856, was neat. While I'm not a firm believer in the paranormal, I'm pretty sure the bathroom was haunted by a man. I never could shower without this overwhelming feeling of being watched by someone and there were times that the toilet seat would be up when I'd go to use the bathroom. My husband worked nights and I was at home alone during all that time, 4pm to 4am, so I'd have no cause to lift the seat. But it didn't just happen to me. It happened to a friend of mine who "didn't believe in all of that nonsense". She was house sitting while we were on a week-long vacation and it freaked her out so much she camped in the yard at night in a tent.

We're still friends with the owners, her family built it and has owned and farmed the land for generations. After we moved out I'd talked to her about the creepy bathroom encounters and she did tell me that back in the 1930's there was a man, a grifter, who'd come to stay at the farm to work during the depression, and he was reportedly a "bad sort". Somehow he ended up violently murdered, but no one knows who did it or why. They had a lot of transients at the time, working the farm for food and lodging, so I guess it could have been anyone really. Apparently this fellow is buried in the yard somewhere. All this nostalgia makes me miss the place. lol
  • Options
    ecwkecwk member
    @neeraja_k
    I totally believe in the paranormal, stories like that give me goosebumps. Love it!!!

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    1. I would give anything for my body to go into labor on its own. I’ve been induced 3x. And it takes 2 freaking days. 

2. I’ve always wanted a homebirth. Illinois didn’t allow it, so insurance didn’t cover it on my last two. 

3. Missouri allows it but I’m sure I’ll be stuck with induction, again. 

Its weird because my sister suffers from IC. When they pull the stitch, baby comes screaming out lol but I’m on the opposite... everything to get baby moving. It’s nice that it is essentially planned but sucks that it takes so long. 

O/T - my doc is on board with inducing at 39 weeks. So, that puts me about 7/28. And looking at school registration for next year, I see that the cutoff is 8/1. It’s weird that her being born within a couple days could determine if I have a whole extra year of daycare to pay for. Lol. 
  • Options
    I never really liked bananas until my first pregnancy, and I’ve loved them ever since, but I just bit into one and gagged on it. Threw half of it away. Not sure if it was a fluke or if I’m back to not liking them... Weird.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    Somehow my easygoing Friday became a jumble of meetings and conference calls. But I did manage to "spring clean" my desk in the midst of it all so I feel like something productive came out of today! 

@lalala2004 - my fruit crabvings and aversions are so weird during pregnancy too! I hope it was just a fluke, bananas are like a staple in our house!
    @dirtanddiamonds - I'm facing induction at 39w too. Maybe we'll get lucky this time?!? Maybe?!?

Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Oh and speaking of unwanted guests, I have a mouse or rat living under the hood and possibly inside of my car. I took it to the mechanic to replace a belt yesterday and when they opened the hood they found rat droppings and about 25 dead/eaten/toasted snails. I just had the hood open two weeks ago and the engine was spotless so this is a new development. This can turn into a seriously expensive problem so now I get to figure out how to get a rat out of my car. 
    Oh no, no, no, NO! I have such a fear of mice/rats and small rodents in general that there is absolutely no way I would set foot in that car until the pest was caught and removed. I’d be terrified of it coming into sight while I was driving. God that sucks, I hope you catch it.