August 2018 Moms

Randomly randoms 4/9

Aug '18 Siggy Challenge - April Showers

Me: 37   Him: 38
Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Randomly randoms 4/9

• Loading the player...
  • @melbel0824 Nice.  Where did you buy your nursery furniture? 
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• I am trying to catch up while sitting in a waiting room while my mom has a minor procedure. Thank God for WiFi! Plus my mom packed me a snack bag. 
  • Good luck being solo this week - you got this @ecwk!

DS woke up with a cough this morning and I'm so over the sickness!! I feel like every few weeks it is something. He had a bad cough and cold at the beginning of winter, croup in January, influenza a in February (which runny nose and cough lingered from) and now a cough again. I'm hoping we can stay ahead of it and it is short lived.... Spring, are you there yet?!
    Me: 34 DH: 37
    DS: 5.28.15
    DS#2: EDD 8.31.18

• oh no @lolog531, I'm sorry! I hope DS feels better soon! This cold / flu season seems like it's going on forever, like much longer than usual. I'll take my spring allergies over this mess any day, ugh!

Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @laurad75 We picked out this crib from Target in Rustic Gray. My parents are buying the crib for us, but we added the changing table/dresser and a bookshelf that's part of the collection. I really like it. And I think we're going with a lavender color scheme for nursery.
  • I think we've decided on this one for baby girl. They still have it at my Babies R Us so I'm just waiting on a little more of a discount before I purchase. It's currently $404 which isn't bad for the stroller and carseat with base but I mean, if it's gonna go lower I might as well wait. 

https://www.toysrus.com/product?productId=137394536

August 18 Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @melbel0824 Yay for nursery decisions! I also solidified my idea for LO's big girl room. I decided on light yellow, cornflower blue and white for color scheme with sunflower wall art. How long it takes before these ideas come to fruition is a different story.  :sweat:
    Image result for its raining meme

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @calimom2524 - that's a great stroller! I'm so torn - we have a hard enough time getting the 19 month old to stay in the cart when we go grocery shopping that I don't know if we should get the stroller with the standing thingy (it's Monday - wtf is that thing called?) or if we should *gasp* look into a backpack leash. DS is a runner so I feel 0 guilt leaning in that direction but decisions are hard.

Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @mrsbubbles-2 DS has to be in the right mood to ride in the stroller so I have the same debate.  Right now I'm leaning toward that Joovy one that has the stand up and bench seat in the back.  But I'm also thinking I won't order it until the end of this year.  For the first month or two I can just wear the little guy if DS wants to ride in the stroller.  I already own 2 strollers so I don't really want to buy a 3rd one until I have to. 
  • @mrsbubbles-2 I'm OBVS a huge babywearing fan so this stroller is more for my mom. She won't wear her near as much as I do so the stroller will mostly be used for her when she has her (which will be every day when I'm back at work). I'm looking for an option where IF DS2 wants to ride on that ridey thing he can, however I doubt he will, he has been in a stroller like 3 times in his life. My mom pointed out yesterday he will be almost 4 but my rebuttal was yes but he's the size of a 2 year old and who knows how much or if he will regress and want to be "the baby" once she arrives, so I'd like to at least have the option. 

• @calimom2524 That's what I'm wondering about.  If I start wearing the little one, is DS going to suddenly get upset that the Tula is where he is supposed to be carried?  I have a mental image of me having one on the front and one on the back because they both want to be held. 
  • I'm so torn on the stroller situation. DS rarely wants to be in the stroller these days. If we go on walks we bring it, but he mainly walks with us. If we do the zoo, go downtown, or when we went to a community expo the other weekend and brought it with (mainly to put crap in the basket!) or anywhere for longer periods we bring it in case he gets tired. I really want BWing to work well with this one, so I'm holding off on a double stroller or a sit and stand one I think until I know for sure. I have the Chicco lightweight and the Britax B-Agile which can both work for #2 right away. I just have the fear he will want to be in stroller if the baby is, or be held if I'm wearing him. Really I just don't want to make the investment into a stroller unless I know I'll use it... Maybe I'll start scouring FB resale groups.

• FWIW DS1 was 2 when DS2 was born and if anything he did the opposite of regress, he wanted to be bigger and less baby-like, so it's entirely possible for other kids to feel the same. I just worry about DS2 regressing because he's so lovey and cuddly and most definitely "the baby" so when he's not the baby anymore I don't know what to expect with him. Luckily he's been fully potty trained for a month or so now so by the time baby comes he should be far enough into it that he won't regress on that. 

• alinafedalinafed member
    edited April 2018
    Hey ladies, I was away last week because I started a new job and I mostly bump at work, missed you ladies! Still may be on a bit less frequently because of the job thing, but also want to see what everyone has been up to!

I had a double stroller for my first two boys, because they were just about 2 years apart. However, they will be 4y7m and 2y7m when baby is born so I am actually thinking of just using a single stroller this time, especially since I will just be home with the baby for almost a year. I will have all three of them home with me the following summer, but by that time I think it will probably just be a combo of babywearing/wagon/umbrella stroller etc. Anyway I am conflicted because I already have a double stroller, but instead of buying a new infant carseat for it, my best friend said I could buy her set of carseat/stroller/bassinet that all work together, so I may just do that instead.

DS1 totally reverted when DS2 came along - wanted to be in the stroller or worn. I swear I had to wear him more often than the baby when I got my lille carrier! But I think with the ages they are now, they will be old enough not to want to, because I haven't used a stroller for them in so long I think it would just be weird now!

• I still have nothing except for a few onesies for kiddo. A friend gave me some brand new bottles but we EBF soooo yeah. I’m so behind. Lol. 16 weeks to go!! But baby shower is at the end of May. Prolly get down to business after that. Surely. That’s the plan anyway. Lol. 
  • Stroller situation has been weighing on me lately too. With the babes being 22 months apart I think a double would be nice. I would use it on walks outside but with new baby coming in August I will only have a few (if that) months of outdoor walking weather. so by the time I would bust the double out the following Spring the kids will be 9 months and 2.5 years. I'm considering passing on making a purchase until next Spring when I can reassess how DD1 is responding to stroller rides. 

I am such a babywearing noob I'm wondering if its possible to push a stroller with both arms while babywearing?  I had a cheapie soft evenflo carrier for DD1 which we used rarely but I definitely still had one arm supporting her in it at all times . Do the more structured carriers like Tula/Lille fully support the babe? What about ringslings or wraps as far as full support?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • brzvice said:
    Stroller situation has been weighing on me lately too. With the babes being 22 months apart I think a double would be nice. I would use it on walks outside but with new baby coming in August I will only have a few (if that) months of outdoor walking weather. so by the time I would bust the double out the following Spring the kids will be 9 months and 2.5 years. I'm considering passing on making a purchase until next Spring when I can reassess how DD1 is responding to stroller rides. 

I am such a babywearing noob I'm wondering if its possible to push a stroller with both arms while babywearing?  I had a cheapie soft evenflo carrier for DD1 which we used rarely but I definitely still had one arm supporting her in it at all times . Do the more structured carriers like Tula/Lille fully support the babe? What about ringslings or wraps as far as full support?
    Absolutely possible! The structured carriers are great support for the babies, it's literally hands free. I used to love going to the stores and stuff with both kids and people would be like "wow, you have your hands full!" and I would look at them like...literally, I don't. 

I'm not a wrapper so no advice there but with ringslings, yes, fully support as well! The only thing with ringslings is the use of the arm you are using with the rings is limited by the wrap being around your shoulder, however, you could still push a stroller with it. 

• brzvice said:

I have a lillebaby and it's definitely hands free! No need to worry about cradling at all. I love mine and am looking forward to using it for this baby!
  • @juliebird6 Which lillebaby do you have?? I've heard great things about them.

• Definitely hands-free! That’s the exact same reason I think we’ll postpone the double stroller as well. I’m just not 100% sure DS (who will be 2 in July) will still sit in a stroller in a year when we would finally use it. For any trips this fall, I plan to just BW this one and take the stroller for him. 
  • I ordered some cloth diapers to add to my stash and they should arrive this week, hooray!!

And you never know how your older kids will respond to the new baby. I bought a double stroller (the kind where there was a sit/stand area) and my then 3 yo hated it! If she was a runner or wanderer I might have forced her to use it, but she was good about staying near and wanted to walk so I got rid of it not too long after my second was born. My current youngest will also be 3 when this baby is born and I'm a bit more nervous about her staying close. But I plan to wear the baby, so I'm hoping I won't feel the need to get another stroller.
  • @lolog531 We have the "Complete Airflow" which has worked well for us so far.  We don't babywear a ton, but I've used it for cutting down a Christmas tree, getting stuff done around the house, grocery shopping, etc. and it was hands free for all these activities.
  • Was the last post in the randoms really 3 hours ago?  Or is my TB acting up?
  • Was the last post in the randoms really 3 hours ago?  Or is my TB acting up?
    yup, pretty sure it's just that dead.

• Ugh, I'm so frustrated with the mobile site lately. They need to bring back the August home page link at the bottom of pages, the back button kills me every time. 
    Also not sure if it's just my account or something, but I haven't had notifications for PMs at all, not even on the desktop version! I had one sitting from literally months ago from a member of my former BMB. Grrrr!
  • ecwkecwk member
    I barely have time to check in. With DH being away I have no free time. I complain about him but he alleviates some of the work load at least! Tonight’s chores are to make lunch for DS, a load or two of laundry, clean up the family room/play room, clean the kitchen and then take off my make up which is my most loathed of all chores. 

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @ecwk at the end of the day as I'm putting LO in her nighttime diaper I use a couple wipes to wash my makeup off. The wipes warmer doubles as a hot towel treatment lol!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @ecwk girl yes, I hate taking off makeup. I never seem to be able to get all the mascara and wake up with dark circles that aren’t 100% pregnancy insomnia caused lol!

What’s everyone watching (Netflix or Hulu) right now? We just finished Santa Clarita Diet and loved it! I’m re-watching criminal minds now because Shemar Moore but we need new stuff!

Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @ecwk girl yes, I hate taking off makeup. I never seem to be able to get all the mascara and wake up with dark circles that aren’t 100% pregnancy insomnia caused lol!

What’s everyone watching (Netflix or Hulu) right now? We just finished Santa Clarita Diet and loved it! I’m re-watching criminal minds now because Shemar Moore but we need new stuff!
    Criminal Minds is so good! Garcia is my home girl. I watched Seven Seconds on Netflix recently and it was really good. 

+1 for hating taking off makeup. I have a cleanser that will remove everything and takes about 90 seconds to complete, but I still find it to be a pain. 
    Image result for april showers meme

Hello from Detroit!

• I’m slacking so much on going through DS’s old clothes! I wanted to sell a bunch at a consignment sale coming up, and I just realized I have to drop everything off on Sunday, which means I have to make the labels by Friday night, and I have done zero. 

I think I’d be more motivated if we were already in a new house and had room for baby. Instead I’m overwhelmed by the mess we already have (of which I need to purge a ton, but can’t really do that while I’m alone with a 3 year old). So all of my things for the baby are on a corner of the dining room table and chair until... I don’t even know when. Ugh! 
    April Siggy Challenge: April Showers
    68b4a0fa9283500827195ef5a5ccdd70

About me:
    29 y/o
    Married 6.26.11
    BFP 12.23.13, EDD 9.2.14 - baby girl, born too soon at 22w6d due to a placental abruption on 5.5.14
    BFP 8.4.14, EDD 4.15.15 - rainbow son, born at 30w4d due to a placental abruption on 2.8.15, healthy 3 y/o now!
    BFP 2.28.17, EDD 11.8.17 - baby girl, miscarried at 11 weeks on 4.21.17
    BFP 11.28.17, EDD 8.8.18, delivering in July - another rainbow baby boy!