October 2018 Moms
Options

Questions 3/30

Re: Questions 3/30

• Options
    A TMI question ahead on those lovely urine samples...
    Anyone had a positive flora result from the urine culture? Dr. Google has officially freaked me out that it means zero okay things. I don't feel like I have a UTI or any similar issues.
  • Options
    My one just said "Commensal Perineal Flora" which Google told me was normal. And my Dr didn't say anything.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    ashin121ashin121 member
    edited March 2018
    @chopchop25 I would just wait to see what your obgyn says. It's difficult for anyone to tell you without seeing the urine analysis and culture . If it says mixed flora .. it means it's contamination and we don't treat. If it's a single bacteria (sometimes there's two organisms) above 100000 cfu and sensitivities come back, then most likely they will treat with antibiotics since you're pregnant and high risk. There's a ton of antibiotics that are safe in pregnant pts.  Ultimately, they will make the clinical judgment based on labs and if you're symptomatic. My first pregnancy I was GBS positive with >100,000 cfu during my first trimester and I was symptomatic so we decided to go ahead with treatment. My second pregnancy , I was asymptomatic and the cfu was only 10,000 for GBS so we decided not to treat it. So it's based on the individual situation . (I used to be an infectious disease clinical pharmacist for a few years in the hospital before switching to primary care /diabetes/htn as my specialty so I've treated alot of utis)
  • Options
    This is going to sound really dumb, and I know everyone does things differently, but...

On YouTube, I often see in the video background that the parents hang up all the baby clothes (including things like leggings and onesies).  I would have defaulted to folding most clothing, except for fancy stuff. 

Are you planning to hang or fold?  Why?
  • Options
    @knottieamusements I just hang things that would get wrinkled if they were folded, dresses, and sweatshirts. The sweatshirts is mostly because they take up so much space in the drawers. 
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • Options
    @knottieamusements I’m definitely team fold. I hang up hoodies and dress clothes.
  • Options
    HoosOnFirstHoosOnFirst member
    edited March 2018
    The only thing I ended up hanging were fancy dresses, winter clothes and jackets. Everything else is shoved in drawers. I hung hoodies for a bit but found it more convenient to keep near the t shirts. 
  • Options
    I think I'll be hanging nice outfits, jackets, snow suits, dresses (if a girl) and probably folding most pants onsies shirts
  • Options
    For onesies, sleepers, play outfits, etc. I am team fold/shove in the drawer. For nicer items I hang. 
  • Options
    DS doesn’t have a real dresser or useful closet right now, so I have this weird thing that hangs in the closet to fold his clothes in. It’s tight. So I hang all the outfit sets and fold all the individual shirts and pants. He’ll have a real dresser AND useful closet when we move and I’ll probably fold everything and use the closet to store toys. 

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• Options
    @knottieamusements We hang everything. Only things in the dresser are blankets, sleepsacks (saddles when we used them, socks, and a drawer of medicine/nose suckers/brushes/etc. 

I hate folding and I also hate digging through the drawers to find something and messing up all the piles. So hanging worked better for me. Have it all organized by size and type (onesies together, T-shirts, long sleeves, jammies). 

Oh, I do have plants folded in a closet organizer. Just to keep them close to everything else. 
  • Options
    Hi Mamas, 

I'm wondering if it's rude/insensitive to do a an Easter pregnancy announcement? Like, the bug one on social media. I'm concerned because it's also April Fools Day and I don't want to offend anyone or for anyone to think we may be joking. 

We have THE CUTEST Easter themed announcement picture though...

Let me know your thoughts!
  • Options
    @appleofmyeye1028 I say go for it. It’s only offensive if it actually IS a joke. Just be prepared for people to ask if you’re joking! 
  • Options
    Thanks @ashin121! I’m tempted to call the backup number today bc the office is closed and it’s making me nervous. Do you think it’s okay to just wait until Monday? Hard to judge how serious it is bc, again, a Google has made me think everything possible is going to go wrong because of this. (Yes, I’ve stopped googling it :) )
  • Options
    @appleofmyeye1028 We just had this convo in my other BMB! It’s not a joke, so not inappropriate at all! Especially since it’s Easter themed. Just be prepared to confirm it a few times to people who do think it’s a joke. 

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• Options
    @appleofmyeye1028

There is a whole discussion about that in the announcements thread:

https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12724823/announcement-ideas#latest

I agree with the previous posters though - if it is a serious announcement, nobody should be offended.  Also, I tend to think that if you are the type to celebrate Easter, your friends and family will know.  If you are the type to do April Fool’s, you may get some pushback. 
  • Options
    @knottieamusements we fold daycare/play clothes and PJs, hang nicer items and jackets. I have struggled a lot with this too because like @tinattt23 pointed out, the clothes get in a mess when digging. I’m debating changing things up this go around. I’m terrible about reorganizing things every few weeks and DH gets annoyed. DS is almost 2 and I still haven’t found a good system. 

@AppleofmyEye1028 I don’t find it to be offensive at all for either reason. I like it when people use holidays and seasons to announce. 
  • Options
    @knottieamusements we fold, but in a way that we can see all her clothes so you’re not digging for a particular item. This is a portion of her shirt drawer 
    we hang dresses and sweatshirts/jackets. Pants are folded similar to this and jammies are folded and stacked. Socks are in a silverware separator haha
  • Options
    @chopchop25 the on call doctors receive all results off hours. If it needs to be addressed, they would have contacted you off hours. I treat diabetes , htn and cholesterol now in a clinic setting so I get paged if my patient's blood work is abnormal and I will call if I have to even on weekends. I would say, no news is good news . You can call to give you peace of mind though . Did your results come with a comment from the Dr analyzing the result?
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    We hang everything (except pants/underwear/socks) and it has worked out great, especially now that my boys dress themselves.  They can look through everything and don’t leave it a huge mess because sliding hangers in the closet is neater than digging in a drawer. Pants are folded on an open 3 shelf shelving unit in the closet. That sometimes gets messy if they want pants that aren’t on top, but short of hanging those too, I’m not sure what else to do about that.  Their underwear bin is always a mess. The dresser has turned into storage for out of season clothes or things they don’t wear often (like their base layers that they wear when it’s really cold out) & the bottom 2 drawers are socks.  We’ve had this system since they were born & it works well for us.

ETA pjs are folded in a hanging closet storage/organizer.  We also use the organizer as a divider for short sleeve & long sleeve. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    @ashin121 thank you so much for all of your thoughts and info on this! I seriously appreciate it!

The lab work comes through a portal, so there never seems to be doc notes on it. I’m presuming the doc sees it before it hits the patient portal, but I get them so fast that I’m not sure about that.

Think I will wait to see if she calls on Monday, then. Thanks again!
  • Options
    @BabyRobbinsAdventure That's how I fold DDs clothes too! So much easier to see than digging through piles!
  • Options
    So when is it too early to buy stuff?! Bc I keep buying little things (zulily is the devil!) and am booking my maternity session for July.

DS 12/15/13

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    chopchop25chopchop25 member
    edited April 2018
    @laumb11 Do it!!! :)
    We started. Trying to nail down the registry, but ended up with a crib already bc a friend at work was selling her kid's old one and it was in great condition. My mom super generously asked to take us shopping for a few things this weekend, too, while she's in town.
    Not sure if we'll have a shower, so while it still feels early to get things, I prefer it to shelling out all that money at once right before the baby comes. Won't buy clothes, diapers, or anything else quiet yet, though.
  • Options
    @Laumb11 Shit, I think my mom and I started shopping for baby clothes at...7 weeks? You do you, boo boo!
  • Options
    @sliztee lol my mom sent me a bunch of cute sleepers after my last scan! @chopchop25 I agree, I dont want to have a ton of stuff to buy right at the end! 

DS 12/15/13

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We also already have a crib, glider, and a small dresser! No shame in the planning game.
  • Options
    @Laumb11 - I’ve already been buying clothes. Most of the things I’m waiting on until after the baby shower.  But if I were out shopping on someone else’s generosity  or found something at at good price, I would totally start picking up other things too.  
  • Options
    We pick up a pack of diapers when we do our shopping. I preferred to be stocked up than to run out (which happens) and DH is about as useful as a rock when doing any shopping. 
  • Options
    I am probably going to have my shower the last week of August. I'm worried it's too close to due date but it's the only time my best friend can make it, since he will be flying in from England. I hope I have enough time to get what I need afterwards :/
  • Options
    @nayyohme - I don’t think newborns need a lot of stuff. (Like I know what I’m talking about- don’t worry, I play a doctor on TV.)
  • Options
    I don't know why I've been so hesitant to buy much. I've bought three sets of onsies (one of which I bought when I thought I was pregnant last Nov to use to tell DH) and a friend bought some and a blanket. That's all I've bought so far. Although I did find this super cute fox "lovey" pacifier holder from DR Brown that I need to go back and get. 
  • Options
    We are moving in July so I'm hesitant to buy anything either for the sake of having to move it! Also my condo is already small and hard to store things!
    Me 33 DH 41
    TTC since 2016
    Due: October 12, 2018

• Options
    @chyvie - that is when to make use of baby registries as your own personal shopping cart.  Find something cute, add it, go back for it later...
  • Options
    Looking to buy maternity jeans in the next few days, as the hair tie trick is pretty useless for me. 

I know it is a personal preference thing, but what are thoughts on side panel vs full panel?  (Especially for plus sizes.)
  • Options
    @chyvie - that is when to make use of baby registries as your own personal shopping cart.  Find something cute, add it, go back for it later...
    I'm totally doing that right now. I have like 4 strollers in the registry because I can't decide on one.
  • Options
    @chyvie @knottieamusements that is totally what I did. I have a registry set up with things I want to buy. 

DS 12/15/13

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @knottieamusements so glad you asked that question bc I am heading shopping for those this weekend, too!
    @sammierose464 I freaked myself out bc my registry had so many items, and then I realized I had like 4 car seat covers, 20 types of cloth diapers, etc. Trying to force myself to decide, but there's definitely still a few toss ups out there!
  • Options
    @sammierose464- I’m registered at Target and Amazon, and planning to register at Buy Buy Baby.  I am thinking about registering for car seats, strollers and play yards at all three. I figure if I get multiples, I’ll either return them, or set my parents up also, since I think we’ll be seeing them a lot more often.