August 2018 Moms
Options

All Things Random (Week of 3/26)

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: All Things Random (Week of 3/26)

• Options
    @ecwk you’re so diplomatic in your responses to the two one off threads this morning. Well done! It’s early so I just want to be snarky  B) which is why I don’t respond. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @mrsbubbles-2 I also can no longer zip up my winter coat. I’ve been wearing one of DH’s, but it does need to warm up! 

It’s supposed to warm up in my area this week, but we also have 100% chance of rain forecast all week. DS is on spring break until next Wednesday, and I was really looking forward to sending him out to the backyard to expend his energy. It looks like that won’t be happening now. 
  • Options
    @mrsbubbles-2 I feel like my years of teaching have given me the ability to yell any name across any expanse and get their attention. I'm slightly worried my son's first words are going to be the names of my most difficult students. 
    Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC #1: 12/2016
    Benched due to deployment- Off the bench 8/8/17!

• Options
    @mrsbubbles-2 and @melprop I've started popping the buttons on one of my coats when I breathe deeply.  I'm referring to it as "hulking."  Come on spring!
  • Options
    My supervisor is cursing about his boss and literally stomping his feet. It's not even 9 AM yet. Calm down dude. Also, happy Monday.
  • Options
    @doctormom33 - dying at hulking. Perfect!
    Aug '18 Siggy Challenge - April Showers

Me: 37   Him: 38
    Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Ladies I am with you on the winter coats I think I can maybe go to the end of this week with mine. 

I don't know what thread to put this in because the BRU registry one didn't seem right,. Anyway DH and I did our weekly check in to see if anything good was marked down and we needed to get a gift. The signs said "Up to 30% Off" but we pretty much only saw things marked at 10% off. There were signs posted that said Diapers, wipes, formula are not part of the mark down yet. At 10% off we thought the prices were still better at other places. Not sure if every TRU/BRU is doing it the same way. 

• Options
    I have just given up on zipping/buttoning anything from pre-pregnancy. 
  • Options
    Add me to the club of the coats no loner fitter properly. I just don't zip them up anymore. I can't wait until I can just live in maxi dresses and skirts. This midwest Winter seems like it is neverending though..
    Me: 34 DH: 37
    DS: 5.28.15
    DS#2: EDD 8.31.18

• Options
    So on the subject of bumps and trying to squeeze into pre-pregnancy clothes, has anyone found any cute pregnancy (or non pregnancy that are stretchy enough for the growing bumps) light jackets or pullovers? I can't go without some kind of jacket until it's about 80 out so I'm looking for something for the April to June gap. And ditto @lolog531 I'm so done with the midwest winter!

Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @mrsbubbles-2 I’ve been borrowing DH’s Columbia fleece zip up coat. They’re pretty expensive full price, but you can often find them on sale at this time of year. It’s a men’s L compared to a women’s M, so I still have some room in it. 
  • Options
    ecwkecwk member
    Where my girl @dirtanddiamonds at? You're on vacay right? Hope all is well! 

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I've resigned myself to open coats until the weather warms up. My lighter jackets are all shapeless 1960s style car coats, but it isn't quite warm enough for them yet.
    Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC #1: 12/2016
    Benched due to deployment- Off the bench 8/8/17!

• Options
    @mrsbubbles-2, do you have a sweatshirt/jacket that is designed for baby wearing? I have a sweatshirt that is, I had to baby wear constantly.  I guess I could actually pull it out and wear it now...
  • Options
    The 21 week bump has grown.  I feel fat in my face.  I ate like shit last week.  My butt and thighs are taking on their pregnancy shape.  I guess even not gaining as much as last time doesn't help in the self image department :( I hate this part.  I'm going to have salads every night this week to try and even it out a little.  I just really didn't want to gain so much this time. :*
  • Options

My jackets are still fitting over the bump without issue. However, I am starting a new job next week and am really tempted to go buy some more maternity work clothes to make a good first impression (right now in my current job I am working at a satellite office so I can dress down every day). But I feel guilty because it's my last baby, my friend gave me all her mat clothes too recently (although it's mostly summer stuff), and I am trying to cut down on spending (I already signed up for prenatal yoga and bought baby girl's rug this pay so I really should cool it on spending until my next paycheque). I might go to the maternity store at lunchtime and see if they have anything on sale though.

• Options
    I know what you mean @alinafed. I’m trying to make my stretchy-waist work pants last for the last 9 weeks of the school year. They’re getting to the point that they don’t want to stretch much more, but I don’t want to spend $$$ on maternity work pants that I’ll never wear after this 9 weeks. I’m hoping the weather warms up soon so I can start wearing my maxi skirts without freezing. 
  • Options
    @calimom2524 - I would LOVE to live in CA and honestly, DH and I have talked about moving west after DSS graduates high school. So jealous!

@mapleandbacon - what kind do you have? I keep seeing ads on my FB feed but I've been nervous to pull the trigger.

@alinafed - I bought a few pairs of maternity work pants and I'm so happy I did. It's good to have a few options for professional / dressy days in the office (we have higher ups in our office about 2x a month) and they are so much more tolerable than trying to belly band non-mat pants. I saved on dressy tops by just wearing what I already had for mat tops and just adding an open cardigan and longer necklace. Good luck on the hunt for good sales!

Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @calimom2524 you stole the words right out of my mouth....what's a coat?  I think I have one in a closet somewhere but I literally never wear it.  We never even turned the heat on in our house this winter
  • Options
    We are getting 2 bedrooms painted this week and I'm so excited! We painted the a lot of the downstairs ourselves this fall after we moved in and I told DH that I'm done and it is worth spending the $$. We've been getting quotes for a couple weeks, but a guy came by this weekend and gave us the lowest quote yet, has good references/reviews and can do it Thursday and possibly into Friday. I'm so pumped to get this knocked out! It is DS's current room and our guest room - DS is moving into the guest room and the baby into his current room. The smaller 4th bedroom will now be the guest room. I feel like once this is done we can start decorating DS's new room, prepping the baby's room and it'll all start feeling a little more real!
    Me: 34 DH: 37
    DS: 5.28.15
    DS#2: EDD 8.31.18

• Options
    @mrsbubbles-2 I have a fun2bemum one with two zippers and a hoodie.  I'm not a fan of the hoodie but I did enjoy the sweatshirt in the winter.  It doesn't get really cold where I am so not having a part to cover my neck/chest was fine.  But if it's crispy where you're at one of the ones with a flap to go over your collarbone area would be warmer.
  • Options
    Being in Florida this week has given me the weather I need to wear my cute maternity dresses! I never want to wear anything else, and I'll be sad when I have to return to the cold. 
    Exactly why I live here. My husband brings up moving every now and again for his career and I am never on board. I can’t imagine living in the cold ever again. I hate it. Glad you are enjoying this Florida weather. 
  • Options
    @kcdo1010 - yay for adulting!

Thanks for the rec @mapleandbacon - the hardest part about babywearing with DS was when it was cold out I didn't have anything big enough to cover us both. So I would have a big sweatshirt on me, put on the carrier and put him in it, then put my jacket on backwards so it was around him lol! It was quite the sight.

@livinthesunnylife - I thought the same thing about @ecwk's response! And I'm so jealous of those of you that don't need to have the heat on where you live!

Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    F47F47 member
    @alinafed Same here. Actually, H and I had a sitter on Saturday night and went to dinner. But, first we stopped by the mall so I could look for some maternity clothes. Maternity clothes purchased? 0. Kids' clothes purchases? About 3 outfits for each boy. Oops. 

I need some maternity stuff so badly, though. I didn't get any new clothes when I was pregnant with DS2, so all of my stuff is from when I was pregnant with DS1 in 2013. It's verrrry worn.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @alinafed - you said you were going to go look to see what was on sale, but you didn't specifically say you were only shopping for maternity stuff :)
    Sounds like you got some great stuff for a great price!

Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @alinafed - you said you were going to go look to see what was on sale, but you didn't specifically say you were only shopping for maternity stuff :)
    Sounds like you got some great stuff for a great price!

Aww thanks lady, I was pretty proud of my bargain hunting sifting through those 75% off racks. AND I found baby girl a mint t-shirt that said "Brave and strong like Mama" um yes, I had to have it! :)

Aaaaand when I got back to the office DH was like "can't you order mat clothes online?" I took that as permission and ordered 3 work tops and a mat bathing suit from Motherhood Maternity lol. All 30% off and then I used a coupon for another $6 off so I don't feel TOO bad lolol.

• Options
    @alinafed same last baby, watching the wallet but man, I need clothes. I’m trying to pick stuff I feel good in and can hopefully get me throughout till the end or close. My jeans physically hurt me at work right now - the lime at the top under the belly part it too high / right though they sag otherwise sbdbut hits me funny and hurts. Ugh. 

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• Options
    Afm, work day and I was busy bc the other lady was out. Then I fell down a kid clothes rabbit hole and here I am finally logging in. 

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w