Trying to Get Pregnant

IF Testing and Treatment-week of 3/12

Re: IF Testing and Treatment-week of 3/12

• Loading the player...
  • @madspunk I love your H's response.  My H doesn't want people to know about our IF struggles (and part of me doesn't either), but if I ever decide to respond to a random person who asks, I'm so using that.  I thought I was doing better with the side effects...and maybe I am?  But the past couple of days have been crazy with the nausea and stomach issues again.  My anxiety has also been high lately so that could be it too.

@AlohaKumu Checking in on you friend.  How's everything going?  Were you able to get an appointment with a counselor?

@50Wife @rallykat14 +1 on the awesome results from 80DO.  A few of my friends are doing it and they're looking amazing.  I'm with 50wife though and I'm lazy AF right now.  My BOD just renewed (oops?), so I should probably get off my ass and do something.

Also, @rallykat14 - Big hugs your way. You have every right to be down and miserable, but I'm so glad that you're trying to pull yourself out of it.  Hang in there.  You are doing amazing.

Married 07.21.07
    DS#1 01.23.09
    DS#2 08.01.11
    TTC#3  08.31.15
    Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy/HSG 05.16.17
    Hysteroscopy 10.04.17 10.05.17
    Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy/HSG 01.10.19
    Left tube removed
    dx: Endometriosis, Adenomyosis
    BC: February-October 2019
    TTA: November-December 2019
    NTNP: January 2020!

• @linzrunz My BOD is up in the next few months so I figured maybe I should start using it lol. Right now I'm doing a yoga program on there.  Hey, it's something, right??
    I want to do 80 day obsession bad though just because of how drastic and quick the results are. I mean, it's because of REALLY hard work. But I want to be that badass.

• @50Wife Yes exactly!  I want to be badass too!  haha A couple years ago I did one round of 21df and I stuck to it 100%.  Ok, 99%.  I did all of the workouts and only had two cheats the entire three weeks.  Holy crap the difference was amazing.  I was starting to get abs!  I wish I could find that motivation again.

Married 07.21.07
    DS#1 01.23.09
    DS#2 08.01.11
    TTC#3  08.31.15
    Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy/HSG 05.16.17
    Hysteroscopy 10.04.17 10.05.17
    Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy/HSG 01.10.19
    Left tube removed
    dx: Endometriosis, Adenomyosis
    BC: February-October 2019
    TTA: November-December 2019
    NTNP: January 2020!

• @linzrunz I did the same! I lost 7 lbs in 21 days! Their programs definitely work if you put in the work.
  • @50Wife @linzrunz I want to do 80 day obsession or start at Orangetheory but my RE said no exercise that’s too strenuous and I worry that those are. (So I even worry about pushing too hard in my runs). Have you guys heard anything about that?
  • @purplg8r is this just during the TWW or during treatment in general that you're RE said that? Before stims and my ER I asked if I could work out (but lolz i didn't move my ass off of the sofa each night) and he said I could. 

• jrm_14jrm_14 member
    edited March 2018
    @purplg8r During IUI cycles, I was told nothing strenuous & don’t start anything new. Oh, and no vigorous jumping (with the example of jump roping) .... Dontou work or currently?  

@50wife 40% protein is hard!!  This morning I ate cashews thinking I’d watch the protein portion of the pie grow. Holy carbs in those things!! Eta: Yoga is good!  It’s great for the mind & body. It’s better than nothing. And if sitting your ass on the couch is what it takes to make it through all of this, that’s better than being more self destructive. 

I decided on Monday I’m going to workout 50 times before IVF in July. 48 more to go!  

@leilee101 TW- loss
    I completely see where you are coming from feeling guilty. Feeings have so much power, yet they don’t. Your feeings were not wrong and they certainly did not cause her to miscarry (both of which your logical self knows!). ((Stranger hugs))

• @suzycupcake When I took Novarel I only took 5000 units and refrigerated the mixture afterwards. When I took Ovidrel I took 10,000 units and tossed the rest (mostly the water)
    Me: 38 DH:39
    TTC #2 - August 2016
    MFI
    IUI #1-3 BFN 

Heart Mom - DS 3/15/13
    BFP 4/21/18 MMC 6/11/18
  • @50Wife Are you going right into your FET when you get AF? I’m expecting mine next week too! Already feeling crampy and bitchy.
  • @ndz2018 As long as the results look ok from today...yes!!! So if I stop progesterone Sunday night, hopefully I'll get AF on Wednesday and then get ready to start!
    Hopefully we're both good to get moving next week! 
  • @50Wife We may be FET buddies!!  :) i know when I stopped the progesterone pills last month it was a Sat night and on Monday morning started spotting by Mon afternoon it was full flow!  Hope your test comes back perfect !!
  • @AlohaKumu agreed with @50Wife that it's worth it to take the time for additional testing. I know how you feel about the time crunch, the longer this all drags on the more depressing it gets. I can't even imagine having been trough multiple failed attempts on top of everything we have been through. But in the grand scheme of things, it's been almost 2 years, what's another couple months? Easier said, of course. I am thinking of you.  :*
    Side note: who takes a month vacation!? 
  • @AlohaKumu this all sucks. I hate that you have to go through all of this. The highs of the excitement of doing a transfer and the the horrible despair that followed. Only you and your DH can make the final decision. If it were me, I think I would do the additional testing. It is such a hard choice to make with the time crunch, but I think I would do the testing because of what @50Wife said, to give yourself your best chance. The "what if" thoughts can be really harmful and I don't want you to have to go through that too. Sending you all the strength to make it through this and if you ever need to chat/vent/whatever, you know we're here, I'm here and will gladly listen.  (also, I'm impressed you made it 45 seconds, I don't know that I would be able to stop crying and tears are a  perfectly fine way to express how you feel)

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• suzycupcakesuzycupcake member
    edited March 2018
    @AlohaKumu I agree with the others. What I tell myself is to just do it and get it done because then at least if a cycle fails, it isn't anything that I did or didn't do--not that it would actually be my fault, but this is how I calm myself. I'm sorry. Battery of tests is overwhelming. Can yh or a friend go with you for the tests?
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

edited March 2018
    @AlohaKumu You made a chart. What a perfect way to reduce the stress and anxiety! Total side eye especially when you're flying all over carnation to do it. Is it absolutely required that this particular doctor be present to do the transfer? I've not done ivf and with iui, my RE has never done the actual procedure. It's probably totally different with ivf? Forgive any ignorance, don't they just shoot the embies through a catheter?
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI

• @AlohaKumu Can you check to make sure on that? Ugh. I'm so sorry. What a nightmare! I wonder if they have an embryo flight service so you don't have to go back. I have a friend who went to Cancun for a month to a clinic and the cost of freezing and flying her embies anywhere she wants in the future was included in the ivf price.

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• @beachbunnyxo123 Hiiiiiii!!!!!!  I was wondering how your wait was going!  FX for tomorrow!  I hope you two have an enjoyable weekend away. 
  • @beachbunnyxo123 good luck tomorrow!!! 
  • @Aurora1973 I love that gif... It's my favorite and so appropriate!  
    Formally Leekat
    Me: 36 DH 38
    Married Sept 2014
    TTC Since Nov 2015
    IVF Cycle 1 - 0 eggs
    IVF Cycle 2 - 3 embryos
    FET 1 (transferred 1 embryo) - BFN
    FET 2 (transferred 2 embryos- BFN
    IVF Cycle 3 - 1 embryo
    FET 3 (transferred 1 embryo) - BFN
    Donor Egg Retrieval 2/19/18 -4 embryos that didn't make it to freeze
    Donor Egg Retrieval 4/30/2018 - 6 eggs - 5 embryos frozen Day 3
    FET 4 (with donor eggs) (transferred 1 embryo) -BETA 7/10 - BFN
    Hysteroscopy & Endo Scratch 
    FET 5 (with donor eggs) (transferred 2 embryos)-BETA 9/10 - BFN
    Final FET (#6) (with donor eggs) (transferred 2 embryos) BETA 10/15 BFP!!
    EDD: June 24, 2019 Baby O born June 26, 2019

• Wow lots to catch up on!! 

@beachbunnyxo123 FX SO HARD FOR YOU TODAY!!!
    edited March 2018
    Ladies, I need some input about something while I'm waiting for my nurse to get back to me. The last 3 iui cycles, I got a prefilled ovidrel syringe, was taught to pinch skin on my stomach below and to the side of my belly button. To push the needle all the way in and push the plunger slowly. No problems every time.

This cycle, I'm given novarel. I had to mix it myself, take off the mixing needle and put on a smaller needle that seems to be the same needle size as ovidrel for injection. I checked the gauges for both online. I injected the way I was taught before and everything was fine. Last night, a few hours after I did it, my stomach muscle started feeling tender and hurt to use it right where I did the injection. Today, the muscle is a lot more tender and still hurts to use it. 

That would seem to me that the needle went into the muscle. Is there anything to be concerned about? I know these injections can be taken in the skin or in the muscle to still work, but what about the stomach? And why did this happen this time but not the other times with the same sized needle?

Eta: I used an opk test and there is a nice and dark surge, darker than the control line so I guess the medication got into my system and I'll have to deal with this stomach muscle until it heals. It hurts to use it though, which means walking around, sitting up, laying down, coughing and sneezing lol good lord......

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• @50Wife I asked about it during my initial consult and was told that. After my IUI I asked if I could run at all and they said yes, just nothing that would put stress on my body. I’m having a hard time knowing what that would be and I’m glad the biopsy went well. Hopefully the results come back soon so you can get the next step going!

@jrm_14 yeah, I’m a runner. I’m not fast but I like to push myself a lot of times I run to be just a little bit faster.  And then during races, I always push hard. But not sure that’s allowed. 

@AlohaKumu what’s ERA again? And yeah, the time crunch really really sucks. But I think you should do the testing—that way you have no regrets. 

@suzycupcake hopefully you’re ready to go!  

@beachbunnyxo123 thinking of you today!

@emmasemm waiting is the worst!
  • @AlohaKumu so it’s pretty much like a mock cycle right?  I didn’t realize there was a name for it—sorry about that!