Options

Weekly Randoms 3/12

Aug '18 Siggy Challenge - April Showers

Me: 37   Him: 38
Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Weekly Randoms 3/12

• Options
    Omg. Can I just whine? I mentioned in weekend randoms that DS was diagnosed with the flu yesterday. He puked in my hands at 3 a.m. I got like 3 hours of sleep and feel like I am getting sick. 

Plus I am taking Tamiflu again and I just....cannot deal. Tamiflu makes me barf. I have bad sick anxiety as it is. This is my worst nightmare in terms of anxiety. 

At least this is happening a couple of weeks before vacation and not during. 
  • Options
    @Firemanswife11 omg that sucks. I hope it passes quickly. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Firemanswife11 Oh no! I'm so sorry. I hope the he's on the mend quickly! I hear ya on the anxiety with sickness, I was the same way when DS had the flu last month! Hang in there lady.
    Me: 34 DH: 37
    DS: 5.28.15
    DS#2: EDD 8.31.18

• Options
    @firemanswife11 Oh man... sorry to hear DS is so sick and you don't feel well either. Hopefully the Tamiflu will help this time around and both of you will feel better soon <3  Are you headed anywhere for your vacation? Or is it a stay-cation?

• Options
    Omg. Can I just whine? I mentioned in weekend randoms that DS was diagnosed with the flu yesterday. He puked in my hands at 3 a.m. I got like 3 hours of sleep and feel like I am getting sick. 

Plus I am taking Tamiflu again and I just....cannot deal. Tamiflu makes me barf. I have bad sick anxiety as it is. This is my worst nightmare in terms of anxiety. 

At least this is happening a couple of weeks before vacation and not during. 

I'm sorry, I hope everyone at your house feels better soon!

• Options
    @hezzer78 we're just headed to San Antonio for a week! It's one of our favorite places to go! We had to do something kind of early this year because DH is starting police academy so he can do arson investigations.

@laurad75 moving when you're pregnant is great... You don't have to do a thing! Lol! Congrats on the new place.

@jsnakehole ok now that's pretty funny haha!!

@Patience7150 and on the Monday after spring forward!!

Thanks all for the well wishes. Hope today is better and we get some fluids in this boy! 
  • Options
    @hezzer78 Oh fun! We were in San Antonio this past weekend. :) Hope you have a good time! 
  • Options
    @Firemanswife11 oh no! I hope he’s over it quickly. I love San Antonio. I think we’re going to try to go in early summer. We went the last two Spring Breaks, but DH just started a new job, so we’re staying home.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    I'm looking forward to getting some coffee in me today even of it is decaf and also figuring out something productive to do in the nursery. Right now all baby items and our storage is piled in there and although I know we have plenty of time clutter causes me a lot of anxiety and I just can't handle it. I need to tackle it asap. 

• Options
    @Firemanswife11 Oh no! I hope DS feels better soon! 

Not sure if anyone plans to go to TRU/BRU to try and catch some bargains but, as of yesterday nothing was on sale. DH and I stopped in just to see if they were marking anything down yet. Oddly enough there were signs that said you could save some if you opened a TRU credit card. 
  • Options
    @Brezzy1928 as of now its only in the stores already scheduled to close. But I didn’t have much luck even in the one I went to that is. No baby stuff I wanted, lots of exclusions, like Legos. We did get DS a train set for Christmas, though.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    @Firemanswife11 FX the flu doesn’t last long for your song and that you steer clear of it!
    @Brezzy1928 my BRU is closing and everything is 50% off! I’d like to get there this weekend. Stinks they’re not doing the trade in as well as I know some non closing stores are
    DS born 04/22/15, Pregnant again 03/01/17 however loss due to PPROM at 20+6 weeks now TTC rainbow
  • Options
    I thought they all were closing now. I swear I heard that they all could be closed as early as next week. I could have totally heard that wrong or made that up lol. 
  • Options
    @Brezzy1928 not all officially yet! 
    Here is the official closing list
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/1060761001
    DS born 04/22/15, Pregnant again 03/01/17 however loss due to PPROM at 20+6 weeks now TTC rainbow
  • Options
    @shri929 Oh Ok,  thank you so much! 

• Options
    @Brezzy1928 thanks for scoping it out for everyone, I was thinking about popping in to check my BRU out ( not officially closing) but will hold off now. 

I will be devastated if all stores do close. I rent my Medela symphony (hospital grade pump) from them and have no clue what I will do if this isn't an option in August. I have to use a hospital grade pump vs. regular and they are crazy $$$.
    I'd also be sad to see them go because I love their rewards program, I've gotten a lot of cash back and savings through it.
    Image result for its raining meme

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm trying to figure out what to do about registering about BRU. My shower won't be until July and I'm worrying about most of my registry disappearing/being unavailable. I'm thinking of switching everything to Buy Buy Baby, Pottery Barn Kids, and Amazon. 
    Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC #1: 12/2016
    Benched due to deployment- Off the bench 8/8/17!

• Options
    I don't know why, but I have this mental aversion to BRU. I can't even explain it, but I have no desire to go in one or register at one.

@jsnakehole I think I'm only going to register at Target and Amazon.
  • Options
    @Firemanswife11  UGH I am so sorry! I  know that's the worst!
  • Options
    I'm not a big fan of our BRU, which is staying open, for now. But as a FTM you can't deny how convenient it is to go in and see everything out of the boxes, assembled, and put together so you can get to see, feel, and get an idea of sizes. Not to mention how helpful the staff was in helping me to select a carseat that'd fit in the backseat of my truck. I've made a registry there, mostly for things I'm going to buy for myself with my remaining 25% off trade-in coupon, or I guess my mom can go in and use the registry if she wants to since she doesn't have internet or a computer. And I'll supposedly get money back afterwards (if they're still open). 

That said, Amazon and Target's selection and prices are so much better imho. 
  • Options
    @ecwk cardboard box and markers was always a good option for my kids inside, also made at home playdoh, rubbermaid bin full of colored rice (hella easy to make but no idea if you have time to prep haha), pots and pans with a wooden spoon concert in the kitchen, dance parties. 

That's all that comes to mind right now.

August 18 Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Sorry to hear about all the sick kids and everyone dealing with the weather! I'm heading into a glorious 4 hours of relearning basic life support (we have to renew certification every 2 years). Not looking forward to how winded I am going to be doing chest compressions on a mannequin. Cannot go to these classes without thinking about the office... 

• Options
    I have a really stupid question. What is "nor-easter"? I'm assuming it's a winter storm but I've literally never heard the term until like a month ago. 

August 18 Siggy Challenge: April Showers

• Options
    @Firemanswife11 hope you both feel better soon! 

My BRU is one of the closing ones and I went in last week to check it out. Several of the aisles are empty now but there really weren’t very good deals on most things. I think the biggest discounts I saw were 20% off at the time but lots of exclusions with it. I think the bigger things like cribs and pack and plays had a lot bigger deals though. I’ve never been a huge fan of BRU, I prefer Target and Buy Buy Baby. Since this is my second I am making a couple of small registries mostly to keep track of what I want to buy, but I’m doing them at Target and Amazon. 
    April Siggy Challenge: April Showers
    68b4a0fa9283500827195ef5a5ccdd70

About me:
    29 y/o
    Married 6.26.11
    BFP 12.23.13, EDD 9.2.14 - baby girl, born too soon at 22w6d due to a placental abruption on 5.5.14
    BFP 8.4.14, EDD 4.15.15 - rainbow son, born at 30w4d due to a placental abruption on 2.8.15, healthy 3 y/o now!
    BFP 2.28.17, EDD 11.8.17 - baby girl, miscarried at 11 weeks on 4.21.17
    BFP 11.28.17, EDD 8.8.18, delivering in July - another rainbow baby boy!

• Options
    neeraja_kneeraja_k member
    edited March 2018
    @calimom2524 A nor'easter is just a really powerful low pressure system coastal storm that has winds predominately coming from the north-easterly direction. It's unique in that it's powered by two different temperature gradients and weather systems, the cold dry Arctic air and the warm moist air over the Atlantic, especially. So you have a lot of potential for lots of precipitation, hellacious winds, high tides, and flooding. 
  • Options
    I am officially an old lady (more so the office chair pad) and then I wanted to also share my wonderful new pillow (which my mom says looks like a hot dog bun) for anyone in the market.  Sorry so big!!
  • Options
    @scottishlass1213 What is it, it looks sooo comfy! Is your bed a King or Queen? It looks weirdly less space-takey than my Snoogle which DH hates and I am not loving because it is missing the comfy head part.
    *TTC History*

Me: 37, MH: 38; Married August 2017

TTC #1 October 2017: BFP on 12/1/2017, DD born 7/24/2018 @ 37+1 after induction due to preeclampsia

TTC #2 January 2020: AMA, dx with DOR in May 2020

IVF July 2020: 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 12 fertilized, 3 blasts, 2 PGT-A normal

FET 10/7/20: BFP on 10/12/20!!! (EDD 6/25/21); First beta 10/16/20 (9dpt): 148; Second beta 10/19/20 (12dpt): 621; Third beta 10/26/20 (19dpt): 4732; Fourth (and final!) beta 11/2/20 (26 dpt): 22,000+

• Options
    @legallykate it's  Meiz U-Shape pillow - got it on amazon. It's soooo soft and I have something similar to a snoogle from my first pregnancy and it was getting to be a pain because im flip flopping a lot.  Last night, I could flip flop all I wanted but I was comfortably sandwiched and didn't have to re-adjust it at all.

I do have a King bed so it was fine.  Might be a tiny big snug with a Queen.  Would probably take up half of it.
    I also stacked a regular pillow up top and it was glorious.
  • Options
     I went to our BRU for their closing sale this weekend and I was really disappointed.  They had 50% off furniture, but it was mostly gone except mismatched dinged up floor models.  40% off some toys.  But mostly 20-30% off stuff.  And anything you would normally stock up on (diapers, wipes, bottles, formula, pouches, bath wash, etc.) was all excluded from the discounts.  And I don't love their clothing brands- that Koala baby crap the sizing is all off and Carters just isn't a good deal at only 30% off.   It was mostly a bust.  But DS is loving his new bath toys.  Oh well.
  • Options
    The BRU by us is closing the 2nd week in April. We stopped in last month and there weren't that many good deals. It's on my to-do list to go and check it out some time this week or next and see if anything has gone down in price at all.

@scottishlass1213 that thing looks amazing!!!
    @legallykate I didn't like the Snoogle for that reason - I didn't like part of it behind my head/neck because it always felt uncomfortable. In general it was just too big and bulky for me. I ended up using a normal body pillow that I 'hug' and a normal pillow for my head. I just flip the body pillow with me if I switch sides.
    Me: 34 DH: 37
    DS: 5.28.15
    DS#2: EDD 8.31.18

• Options
    ladygaliladygali member
    edited March 2018
    I always think I’ll find what I need at BRU and usually end up leaving angry. I kind of want to sign up for a registry just to get the freebie bag, but doubt I’ll get around to it. The one by me is staying open for now. 

@neeraja_k I didn’t know all that about a nor’easter! Thanks for the info! 

Edit: posted too soon 
  • Options
    meeks2020meeks2020 member
    edited March 2018
    I'm stripping my diapers today and I'm so excited to get it done. Now I need to do other productive things in the nursery but idk where to even start. I need an extra person to help
    Eta spelling

• Options
    I don't really know how to accurately express this but I am being so weird about buying baby stuff. I bought stuff for the nursery and found that easy, because it is easy for me to visualize how I want the room to look, but buying clothes and other stuff for the baby to use just feels weird. It's like I love rubbing my belly and talking to her and already feel like I love her in concept so much, but it really is still just an idea of her as an actual baby someday, so buying clothes or anything she will use seems very weird. I am not usually a cautious/reluctant shopper (if anything I need to be more so) so it's a bizarre feeling to waffle on spending like $20 on clothes. 
    *TTC History*

Me: 37, MH: 38; Married August 2017

TTC #1 October 2017: BFP on 12/1/2017, DD born 7/24/2018 @ 37+1 after induction due to preeclampsia

TTC #2 January 2020: AMA, dx with DOR in May 2020

IVF July 2020: 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 12 fertilized, 3 blasts, 2 PGT-A normal

FET 10/7/20: BFP on 10/12/20!!! (EDD 6/25/21); First beta 10/16/20 (9dpt): 148; Second beta 10/19/20 (12dpt): 621; Third beta 10/26/20 (19dpt): 4732; Fourth (and final!) beta 11/2/20 (26 dpt): 22,000+

• Options
    @legallykate if it makes you feel any better I feel that way right now and I am a STM.  Like I am more nervous/wary about buying things.  Maybe I will feel differently in a week after the A/S, but I don't know.