July 2018 Moms
Options

Randoms Pt. 1 2/26-27

Re: Randoms Pt. 1 2/26-27

• Options
    @hillbillywife saw your US, glad the scan went well!
    I just saw this and came to ask if you found out/are sharing the sex?  Super glad everything went well!
    Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
  • Options
    @kissableviv thank you! Me too! One stressor off the table! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Went to my appointment today and my doctor told me she would be out of town during my due date! This isn't huge for me, I want whatever doctor can healthily deliver DD into the world, but I'd be nice to have someone that knows me. She's leaving on the 8th for 5 days and I'm due the 12th. She believes I'll have her before she leaves, but I think she was just trying to be reassuring so I wouldn't worry this early. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @gspmom21 That sucks because it's nice to be familiar with your delivery doc, however it's the nurses taking care of you for 99%+ of your time in the hospital. The doctor pretty much just catches the baby then checks on you so it won't end up making a huge difference. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

@runsomehwere that's what I said, I just need someone there to catch the baby! haha. I might be picky as a STM, but FTM I just want the baby there, happy and healthy.

It seemed like she was going to give me the option to induce if It were mandatory for me to have her be there, but I think DD come when she wants to come and having whatever doctor is there at the time is best for her!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @gspmom21 can you ask to have some of your appointments with some of the other doctors just in case so you can get to know them? That's how my OB office worked, and now that I'm at a midwife's office, it's the same...you rotate through everyone so that you can feel comfortable with whoever is on call when you deliver. 
  • Options
    @gspmom21 My OB is the only one in her practice. I asked her what happens if she is unavailable and she said she has a doctor at each of the two hospitals she has rights at that will cover her. But I don't have the chance to meet them... But she assured me she doesn't plan on not being able to come. and I thought like "well what if you break your leg, or get sick, etc". but whatevs. I'll party with the nurses
  • Options

@zande2016 I think it's just a doctor that covers for her like @moguippy, but I can definitely try to meet her at least once if I start feeling uncomfortable about it. Good suggestion!!

@moguippy hahaha, she definitely could break a leg, or even get stuck in traffic, but it's good that she assured you she'll be there for you.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    moguippymoguippy member
    edited March 2018
    @gspmom21 Haha I guess that's just the difference between a realist and an optimist. I've always been a realist.. can't help it lol
  • Options
    @gspmom21 I am pretty much planning on not having my doctor deliver. My clinic and affiliated hospital are going through some big changes. My clinic is actually supposed to be merging with the competing hospital, but it's currently blocked due to monopoly laws. 

So none of the doctors at my clinic do on call right now because the hospital hired their own on call doctors. So if I don't deliver Mon-Fri during working hours I will have a hospital Dr. 
    Me: 31 DH: 34 :heart: Married: April 2016
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    MFI Diagnosis: Aug 2017
    BFP 11/1/17 // DS born 6/18
    TTC January 2019
    BFP 3/21/19 // D&C (MMC) 5/8/19
  • Options
    Ah i keep missing the opportunity to answer “no I’m just fat” to some nosy people. 
  • Options
    Wow that’s kind of a bummer @MrsMiller8588
  • Options
    @hillbillywife I guess it hasn't really bothered me because I've always been told the Dr is barely there for delivery anyway? And if my clinic did on call there would be a lot more options if I delivered at night or on a weekend. This was I know I will have 1 of 3 Drs (mine or one of 2 on calls). One of the on calls used to be a high risk delivery Dr too. So I feel like I will be in good hands. 
    Me: 31 DH: 34 :heart: Married: April 2016
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    MFI Diagnosis: Aug 2017
    BFP 11/1/17 // DS born 6/18
    TTC January 2019
    BFP 3/21/19 // D&C (MMC) 5/8/19
  • Options
    In my experience, the doc is there the entire time you're pushing.  Which, for FTM can be 1-2 hours (or even more some people said).  My doc checked on me once and had them rotate me side to side for about 45 minutes.  Then she came back and stayed in the room with us for the entire hour that I was pushing.  I did delayed clamping and "natural, don't tug the cord" placenta delivery, so she was in the room for another probably 30-45 minutes with all that. Maybe that's abnormal?
  • Options
    @MichelleAG05 I pushed for 3 hours and the doctor didn't come in until I threw a fit with the nurses refusing to push any longer and I wanted a c section asap. FWIW, he was the on call doctor, not my OB.
  • Options
    I guess that’s true @MrsMiller8588. With my second I only pushed once so I only saw my doctor for like 5 minutes. And after she was out I was too distracted to see what he was doing in my room.

I go to a practice with lots of doctors and they rotate your appointments through everyone. I’ve never minded having lots of options. Someone will always be there
  • Options
    The doctors who delivered my babies were not there until the very end. I go to a rather large hospital so I imagine the time they have to devote to each mom in labor depends on how many other women are delivering at the same time and how many doctors are on the floor. For DS the delivering doctor was about to go do a C-section because she thought I would take longer than I did. They had to call her back to my room before I pushed that baby out and she barely made it.

Isabella & Julian & and now #3!
  • Options
    @MrsMiller8588 that is really similar here. they have 3-4 ob's that rotate weeks or several days so I did not have my OB for my first but she came in and saw me right away the next morning and each day following I was inpatient. I forgot to ask if since I am doing a scheduled c section if it is the same or if I will have her. thankfully all the OB's here are awesome and I trust them all. 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    @gspmom21 My ob wont be delivering my lo. Kaiser has midwives deliver unless there is complication or a c-section. I get to meet the midwives during the maternity tour though, which will be nice. Maybe ask your on if you can meet the covering doctor, just in case? 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    With all this talk about who is delivering the baby it got me to thinking why does the doc even HAVE to be there? Why can't nurses catch babies and stitch you? I only think of this because Midwives in the hospitals/birth centers are just certified nurse midwives, which I am guessing means they are nurses with special training on pregnancy and L&D. So when my kids were delivered by midwives, really a nurse caught me, stitched me up, etc. I know there are special situations but I wonder  why its so important for the doc to "catch" the baby? I skimmed so sorry if someone already brought this up.

Also I am annoyed with my DH. Yesterday I discovered my anatomy scan is at 1 not 11, and he was like, oh I knew that the whole time. WTF? Why did you not tell me all these days I have been mentioning it was at 11? That would have been helpful and saved me a call to the hospital where I was on hold waiting for someone to answer...anyway now I was like, "Oh, I can take DS to gymnastics because there is enough time, so you can just come get him and bring him home after." DH now says he cannot be away from his work long enough to come get DS and take him back home, maybe a 20-30 minute drive round trip. So we either don't go to gymnastics (its rain/snowing out so we can't really go play outside) and get stuck indoors until I leave at 12:15 or I go to gymnastics and bring DS back and then go BACK to the same exit on the highway for my appt. Lame. 
  • Options
    @lindsayleigh1989 how have you been with your migraines lately? You feeling better?
  • Options
    My due date (and my birthday) is July 4th and I'm betting my doctor is also on vacation. She actually offered at my 20 week appointment to set up a induction date for the week before so we can "enjoy our holiday and my birthday".... uhhhh...no thanks.
  • Options
    flockofmoosen3 - similar here except my dr actually DID miss the birth - she was still in the parking lot.  The first resident who was overseeing me from the hospital not practice leading up to delivery was in a c-section because I was so fast, so I had some resident or attending i'd never seen before and my OB practice dr arrived in time to do stitches and check me out.  I frankly didn't care or notice who was in the room for most of it.
    @SmashJam i think it's all about the money and liability - they can charge you more for the dr and dr's carry more liability than nurse/midwife I believe. Also UGH that is a pet peeve of mine when DH is being a TW about work/pickup - I'm impressed he knew the time of the appointment though.  Mine will be holding a bottle of medicine with the dosage written on it and still yell to me across the house asking what the correct dosage is
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @wildtot thanks for thinking of me you are so sweet! I am having maybe one a week or less lately so that has been great!! 

• Options
    @lindsayleigh1989 glad your getting some relief!!
  • Options
    Lol @MichelleAG05 I would totally do the same! On paper I make a lot more than him but because he is a partner in his dad's company, he ends up winning :p
  • Options
    can someone just redo my kitchen for me already... We had a leak in July, then as part of the mitigation my floors and half my base cabinets were ripped out and thrown out due to water damage.  So I've been living in a half demolished and ugly kitchen with my counter held up by 2x4's for 6 months.  I *think* we're finally done arguing with insurance over money, and we've finally decided we're going to go with IKEA cabinets...but now it's the real decisions on layout and if we knock down walls. Pinterest is no help - why do they NEVER show where the fridge is in those pictures!?  We did one of those sit-downs with a "kitchen designer" a few months back, but they just left the layout the same nonfunctional one.  Been playing phone tag with our realtor to get her opinion on what will increase sell-a-bility because DH and I can't agree on anything and need a knowledgeable mediator.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @MichelleAG05 haha nice! Sometimes i hate making more that DH. I tell him that if he ever makes our combined pay I’m quitting to find something more fun and less stressful. 
  • Options
    @gingerbride26 I can't even imagine that stress.  What a PITA!  I'm horrible at design so I have zero advice but I hope you get it all nailed down, fixed up and feel like you're not living in a construction zone soon!  A kitchen remodel is on our "eventually when we get a big bonus and don't have kids in daycare" list. 
  • Options
    @gingerbride26 ugh, I remember having to do that when I owned a home. I also considered IKEA, I like their style but I had a hard time finding someone to assemble it without charging an arm and a leg and my ex and I were definitely not up for doing it ourselves. I'm terrible at designing too so all I'll do is empathize. Does Ikea have a design tool you can use?

My randoms. I caved in and got a pregnancy pillow. It's super highly rated on Amazon, we'll see how it works out! I don't feel like I'm at the no sleep point but I've been waking up consistently at least once during the night to readjust.

Secondly, my parents booked their travels! Mom is coming 6/28 and stepdad will join 8/2 to 8/17 when they both leave. It is a long time but I don't see them often so I'm sure it will ultimately be a blessing to have the help! I still get to enjoy half of my leave on my own, which is something I wanted. 
  • Options
    @MichelleAG05, thanks we were not planning on doing it this year, but we also weren't planning on someone just taking out half our cabinets. So it's the "do we do the cheap easy thing, or if we're doing it, do it right?".  I know what I want, I think, but DH wants to blow out both walls and go open concept and I HATE open concept kitchens. @kissableviv between DH, me and FIL I think we can assemble and install OK (we're engineers and a plumber).  IKEA has a 2 hour in-store design appointment (but I don't think they're really trained or certified or anything) or a 4 hour in-home for $200 with more professional people, which we plan on doing but I think they want me to drive the hour to the store to sign up because I can't do it online...which is annoying AF. Going to call after work.
    <- fans are now gone but this is why we eat out a lot to avoid going in this room.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @gingerbride26 ugh! I totally understand that frustration. In our old house our “kitchen” consisted of a base cabinet with a sink in it, and one other base cabinet and countertop. We also had a stove and a fridge but that was it! It so frustrating to not have a functioning kitchen. But yay that you finally with be able to get a move on it! New kitchens are fun. 
  • Options
    @gingerbride26 ugh! I totally understand that frustration. In our old house our “kitchen” consisted of a base cabinet with a sink in it, and one other base cabinet and countertop. We also had a stove and a fridge but that was it! It so frustrating to not have a functioning kitchen. But yay that you finally with be able to get a move on it! New kitchens are fun. 
    Literally sounds like my kitchen right now- I’ve got like 12” of workable countertop space if you don’t count the expandable island I bought for the kitchen. I canttttt wait to buy a house, but we’re probably a year away. 
  • Options
    I’m seriously dreading work tomorrow. I just got an email that I’ll probably have to help one of our new residents that I haven’t met yet schedule an abortion. And of course I’m visibly pregnant.  
  • Options
    @acunamatada ugh that’s rough!
  • Options
    So we've been getting a bad winter storm all day with really high winds. A lot of power outages and our lights have been flickering all day with a few power surges and one 30 second blackout. I'm putting my son to bed and I'm absolutely terrified we're going to lose power and then the white noise machine won't work. Being without white noise for my son to sleep is like my worst nightmare lol. Realizing we need to get a backup battery powered one. 
  • Options
    Wtf is this stupid nonsense?? I am embarrassed for these people. https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/foodculture/adult-smash-cakes-are-now-a-thing/ar-BBJN8Xz?li=BBnbfcL

I assume it isn't a big trend, but I still think it should stop now.

Isabella & Julian & and now #3!
  • Options
    @flockofmoosen3 that article makes me sad for humanity haha