October 2018 Moms

Announcement ideas?

Re: Announcement ideas?

•  @sammierose464 your H is so talented! That looks great and I love the message!
  • Loading the player...
  • We decided we are wrapping up a pack n play to announce for one set of parents. When we give them the gift we will say we saw it and knew they needed it. If they are confused when they open it i will stand up and display my blump or say they will need it to watch their grandchild and see if they make the connection. 
  • My fiances family has been in the loop from day one- however my parents are out of town
    and we don’t talk too much about anything “deep”. They just met my fiance but didnt know we were engaged because we wanted to wait for them to get to know him, then he would ask my dad... Well we had our first u/s today and everything is on point so I decided to tell my mom (also the Deacon guiding us through marriage prep suggested we just tell them straight up).

I told my mom we had some news and that we were having a baby, and that he had bought me a ring before we even found out.

SILENCE.

”hello? are you still there?”. 

“ok. im going to need some time to digest this.”

I sent her the u/s pic. Then about 10 minutes later she started txting me asking for pics of the ring and all that. I think she went to happy hour bc around dinner time she was blowing up my phone all happy about it.

Maybe we’ll do more creative announcements for the next one lol
  • I'm struggling too. On my husband's side it'll be the first grandkid, so they will be over-the-moon excited. But it'll be the 4th grandkid on my side, so it's harder to make it special. Plus, both of our parents live out of state so not sure how to do it. I'm guessing it'll have to be over facetime. I don't really want to mail them anything because I want to see their faces, and then  if they call and we're busy or something, I don't want to play phone tag over it. Still a couple of weeks left to plan I guess... 
    To tell my parents about our daughter (their first grandkid) we got them a book along the lines of, "How to Be a Grandparent." You could have them wait and open it over Skype or something. 
    ***TW***
    DD born April 2015 after many rounds of IVF and losses.

After much more of the same...

• I’m a little sad about announcing. We have had 5 miscarriages after my daughter was born and so we began the adoption process and was picked by a birth mom due on Aug 3. The birth Mom has decided to not let us parent her baby now that we are having one which is understandable but still very sad for us. We would have been thrilled to raise two babies. So we will have to announce both sad and happy news. I cannot figure out how to do it and keep putting it off. 

• I would never announce to the general public on April Fool's day, because it's not really funny to those with infertility, but I feel okay about family. 
    I agree. April 1st will be our 6 month anniversary, and I feel like it'd be a great way to celebrate/announce. However, I don't want to do it on April Fool's. Instead I will probably publicly announce on March 30th, the day we will be 12 weeks.
  • Kate63 said:
    I’m a little sad about announcing. We have had 5 miscarriages after my daughter was born and so we began the adoption process and was picked by a birth mom due on Aug 3. The birth Mom has decided to not let us parent her baby now that we are having one which is understandable but still very sad for us. We would have been thrilled to raise two babies. So we will have to announce both sad and happy news. I cannot figure out how to do it and keep putting it off. 
    That's really hard. I know a few people who have had adoptions fall through, and I can tell it's very hard emotionally. It's a catch-22 in your situation...
  • @sammierose464 I looked up those Dad Squared shirts on Etsy and they are awesome! I really wish I could convince DH to wear something like that. Part of me wants to just order one anyways. 
  • We're having a family gathering the Saturday before Easter.  Thinking of putting a shirt on my younger son "promoted to middle brother"/ or crossed out little brother -> middle brother and have my older son wear a big brother shirt.

Social media won't find out until maternity pics sometime in 3rd tri lol.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers   Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Does anyone have recs of where to get a Big Sister shirt? I don't want anything cutesy, just to say Big Sister.  I need a big girls L and so many options are just toddler sizes.  
  • @blee530 Carters usually has options in larger sizes. Beyond that you might just have to try Etsy or Amazon.
  • We got our promoted to big brother one from Etsy. 
  • We told my SS and most of our family today. SS didn't totally get the big brother part until we explained that it meant I was having a baby. His reaction after that was priceless. My mom was so excited and immediately called my grandma who cried and then called all her brothers (she's the oldest of 5). It was so great to finally tell everyone.

My sister came over to my mom's tonight too and we had SS show her his shirt. She didn't get it right away either! She was so excited when we told her though.
  • Told my parents recently and it was awesome! 
  • These are adorable!!! Where’d you get them?!
  • @estellegetty on Etsy! 

DS 12/15/13

BabyFruit Ticker
  • H and I just decided we're going to wait a few extra weeks to tell the world since I'm so nervous. Currently we're thinking about a Marathon Monday / Patriot's Day announcement (the New England ladies should get this one!) I'm not a runner, but H is + I used to live in Boston / went to school there and we both work for a company that makes running shoes and apparel. Plus, it falls on 14w1d this year, which seems like good timing.
    We're going to borrow my friend's old marathon bib or blanket, with some baby running shoes and a little sign. Haven't figured out what the sign should say yet, but would love any ideas anyone has!
    I LOVE this idea. Marathon Monday is one of my absolute favorite holidays. Next year when we’re besties and this isn’t creepy you have to fly out. My parents’ house is on the route.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'd typically make our shirts but my mom might catch me in action so I'm just going to order these on Amazon.  We're having a get together Easter Saturday - my oldest will wear this shirt.  No biggie. He's an awesome big brother.  Once everyone has arrived, I'll take the little one to the potty and change him into this shirt.   Let's see how long before someone reads his shirt and figures it out!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers   Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • We didn't do anything cute to tell our parents. We told them about a week after I got my positive pregnancy test. 

I think i will either have my DS wear a shirt that says Big Brother or I will have him make a video where he says I'm a big brother! I can't decide on what to do. 
  • @kiwi2628 that’s awesome.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited March 2018
    I have some fabric that i want to make matching outfits for my toddler and future baby but I'm still looking for a gender- natural announcement shirt for my toddler to wear, something like this? Anyone have any suggestions?
  • @leeleern80 - That is a really cute idea!
  • Thank you. 
  • Pretty sure my Nana found out today. We put in an offer in a house. In the personal offer letter we mentioned DS and baby #2 to be. Play up the pregnant lady sympathy card.  :p Realtor is friends with my Nana, but she didn’t really seem to read the letter and not like she talks to my Nana all the much anyways. My nana called me tonight and kept asking if anything exciting was going on in our lives, mentioning when we have more kids, etc. We have our first ultrasound tomorrow and were going to announce after that. I hate lying.  :/
  • We bought these off Etsy for each of our parents :) (both will say October when they arrive). It’s the first grandchild for both sets of parents. We are going to give my parents theirs in 2 weeks casually when they come over for dinner - we’ll stick it in a bag and just say “oh this is yours” and then watch their reactions. My father in law has a birthday March 26 so we are giving my in laws theirs as the last birthday gift and my husband will say even though it’s his dad’s birthday, this gift is for both his parents. 

Me: 33 DH: 31
    DD: 10.13.18
    baby #2 due: 7.14.20

• All of these are such cute ideas! Thanks for sharing ladies! This is my first baby, and I think where I'm struggling to narrow down ideas is that I have to tell 3 sets of grandparents- in-laws, mom and stepdad, dad and stepmom. For my in-laws this is their first grandchild so i want it to be special. 

On my side of the family I want it to feel special too, but this is their 3rd grandchild, not to mention that my older sister is also pregnant with her 2nd- due in July. I guess I just need to stop thinking that they'll find my pregnancy any less important because it's the the 3rd.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • So I’ve been slowly telling people. But I’m terrified to tell our daycare. I dunno if it’s because I’m afraid there won’t be a spot or I’m afraid something will happen. Ugh.
  • Aww @jaylii your dog is such a cutie! And looks so studious
  • @jaylii OMG I love it! Such a cute idea
    Me 33 DH 41
    TTC since 2016
    Due: October 12, 2018

• DH and I told my parents Sunday night with a baby's first year book (my mom loves to scrapbook) and they were so excited! 
    We plan on telling DHs parents Thursday night with scratch tickets that say were pregnant or something along those lines because they get those regularly and were pretty excited about that.

I'll post a picture of what we do for social media when it gets closer but it will be on Easter and is accordingly themed