September 2018 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms w/o 1/29

Re: Weekly Randoms w/o 1/29

• Options
    I did a stupid thing tonight while bored and working nights. I haven’t had any confirmation of pregnancy since like December when I found out I’m pregnant and it’s getting to my head a little bit. So naturally, I took a test at work. It was NEGATIVE! Or if not, the squintiest of squinters that there ever was. My symptoms this week have really decreased, but my first ultrasound is tomorrow. I am going to be shitting bricks until then :neutral:.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Talk to me about Belly Butters. I’ve just about used up likely expired 5 yr old cocoa butter.
    Looking for something different this time around. What are you using? 
  • Options
    @Sdeux I like plain coconut oil or I had a Burt's bees belly butter that was also nice
  • Options
    @starla thanks for the reassurance :) hoping all goes well tomorrow. I don’t know why I did that to myself in the first place!
  • Options
    @born2run911 Step away from the pee sticks... LOL
    Me: 34 | DH: 33
    Married Aug. 2013
    TTC #1 Sep. 2016
    ***TW***
    BFP Jan. 15, 2017; MMC Mar. 4, 2017 at 10w6d
    BFP Jun. 5, 2017; MMC Aug. 2, 2017 at 11w6d
    BFP Nov. 20, 2017; ended in CP
    All the tests. Everything normal except treated for ureaplasma and DH potentially has high DNAF.
    BFP Dec. 25, 2017; EDD Sep. 5, 2018; DD arrived Aug. 26th
    My chart: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/63f71d

• Options
    @nlc8424 Links? ;)
    Me: 34 | DH: 33
    Married Aug. 2013
    TTC #1 Sep. 2016
    ***TW***
    BFP Jan. 15, 2017; MMC Mar. 4, 2017 at 10w6d
    BFP Jun. 5, 2017; MMC Aug. 2, 2017 at 11w6d
    BFP Nov. 20, 2017; ended in CP
    All the tests. Everything normal except treated for ureaplasma and DH potentially has high DNAF.
    BFP Dec. 25, 2017; EDD Sep. 5, 2018; DD arrived Aug. 26th
    My chart: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/63f71d

• Options
    @megnwingate omg that is exactly what I want right now 
  • Options
    I'm probably just too sensitive, but the August '18 UO thread today. They've just got more snark in general IMO. 
  • Options
    @nlc8424 I thought that was pretty tame! No one name called or got ugly. Two people had different opinions.

I do think we are a bit vanilla over here so far. I like well-placed snark and gifs. 
  • Options
    @nlc8424 I thought that was pretty tame! No one name called or got ugly. Two people had different opinions.

I do think we are a bit vanilla over here so far. I like well-placed snark and gifs. 
    I'm not vanilla! You're vanilla! :p;)
  • Options
    I didn’t even gif on the one offs this week OR tell them to use the search function. 
  • Options
    nlc8424nlc8424 member
    edited February 2018
    @spottedginger I didn't necessarily think it wasn't tame more so that our group tends to be quiet and yes, a bit vanilla. For right now, I enjoy that.

I can appreciate snark and appropriate gifs, and maybe we'll get there as we continue on. Like I said I'm probably too sensitive lol. I'm a ridiculously empathetic person who takes on others emotions without trying to, so I guess sometimes I have a hard time just being social in general. 

ETA more words so sentences make sense.
  • Options
    I see both sides of it @spottedginger and @nlc8424 but my job has enough drama and high stress it’s nice to come to a group that isn’t too snarky. It’s kind of an escape from my snarky clients.

I do think as we all get more comfortable though, we will probably start to be a little more opinionated. 
  • Options
    4Moms "Mamaroo" is 20% off on their website this weekend.. 
    Me: 33 DH: 31 Baby: 9/2/2018 BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

• Options
    @smsaulino Thank you for sharing this! 

• Options
    yogapants247yogapants247 member
    edited February 2018
    I like the women on our board so far, but I haaate the organization. Maybe I need to go back and stalk my old BMB to remember what I thought worked better, but I've just been confused here. Like...we're posting in a weekly randoms week of 1/29 thread - wha? I thought there was a February Randoms but that's not even on the first page anymore - isn't that where the most should be happening? I feel like I could post the same stuff in the STM check in, appt. thread, and due date week check in.

Also I MUST figure out how to post on mobile, because for some reason TB runs SOOOOOO SLOWLY on my computer that I just give up more often than not.

Maybe this should have gone in a vent thread instead?  :D
    Engaged 12/2013
    Married 5/2015
    BFP 11/27/2015 - EDD 8/4/2016
    <3 Baby Boy born 8/13/2016 ~ 8lbs 7oz  <3
    BFP 1/6/2018 - EDD 9/19/2018

• Options
    @yogapants247 I'm not liking the organization either, so I've started limited my time. There hasn't been a February Randoms so far. Your post might have been good on the FFFC thread for this week. 

• Options
    Wait, @smsaulino, didn't you say once you didn't like the random one off threads?
  • Options
    @Patience7150 yes.. If I see a thread that fits inside of another one.. I won't open it. 

• Options
    spottedgingerspottedginger member
    edited February 2018
    @BusinessWife I’m with you. I realized how many of the threads I’d started last week and didn’t  want to be pushing themes no one else wanted. 
  • Options
    I don't like the weekly check-in type. So little is changing right now that it see silly to check in with how I'm coping with the thought of being a STM+ (just an example). I do love the randoms and similar posts weekly though!
  • Options
    I don't like the weekly check-in type. So little is changing right now that it see silly to check in with how I'm coping with the thought of being a STM+ (just an example). I do love the randoms and similar posts weekly though!
    I actually didn't post in that one specifically this week because other than the GTKY what I would have posted would have been no different than what I posted the last 2 weeks. I'm not really sure where we would start, but I agree more conversation-like topic posts could be nice as opposed to every non-randoms, non-symptoms thread basically being a check-in.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
    BFP 1/13/18 - EDD 9/20/18 - It's a boy!
  • Options
    I really only started the STM+ to carry through the month so it could catch questions related to older kids. Which is totally for selfish purposes since I often feel out of my league when it comes to toddler behavior. But we definitely don't have to have a STM thread.
  • Options
    @nlc8424 you did put in it that it was for selfish reasons and that's cool, I get it :wink:. Toddler hood is a bit crazy. I'm handeling it better cause I know some stuff this time around (and because this one wasn't dumped on me at 2.5 years old and didn't require a total life style change).
  • Options
    nlc8424 said:
    I really only started the STM+ to carry through the month so it could catch questions related to older kids. Which is totally for selfish purposes since I often feel out of my league when it comes to toddler behavior. But we definitely don't have to have a STM thread.
    Can we just do a toddler thread? I think there's enough of us with toddlers that it would be appropriate. The first time moms can drop by and get excited for all the $#!+ to come. By the way, I mean that literally. My toddler $#!+ in the tub last night while I was busy puking in the sink.
  • Options
    @stothi I'm cool with a toddler thread *as mine begs me to play and uses me as a jungle gym*
  • Options
    @prpl11butterfly and @stothi fair compromise! My toddler has pooped in the tub so many times, I try to prevent it at all costs. I'm not ashamed to admit I've used a cup to catch it before it hit the water if he's been standing before to stop the whole process of cleaning the tub and rewash the kid.
  • Options
    @nlc8424 this is, believe it or not, his first tub poop. He pees in there all the time, but this is the first poo. Normally he asks to go potty (he's not potty trained, but he'll ask when he's near it) but I think it caught him by surprise. 
  • Options
    DS has tub pooped once in his 2.5 years of life. And it was about 6m ago and he was beyond DEVASTATED! For the next 2 months every bath time "I no poop in tub". Pee however....i swear he holds it until bath time. Then stands there laughing and telling me he's doing it....
  • Options
    @prpl11butterfly kiddo peed on my feet last night cause I had them in the tub! He too laughed about it.
  • Options
    @spottedginger that’s funny! It means you are definitely making it look better than it feels.