August 2018 Moms
Options

It’s a BOY / GIRL!

mrsbubbles-2mrsbubbles-2 member
edited January 2018 in August 2018 Moms

Shamelessly stolen from May...

To keep the thread from getting clogged, try to use "love tits" as congratulations to prevent announcements from getting lost in the comments!

Post here (and choose your answer on the poll) when you find out your baby's sex!

Aug '18 Siggy Challenge - April Showers

Me: 37   Him: 38
Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker

It’s a BOY / GIRL! 163 votes

Boy!
37% 61 votes
Girl!
38% 62 votes
Team Green!
22% 37 votes
Multiples - Boy and Girl!
0% 1 vote
Multiples - Boys!
0% 0 votes
Multiples - Girls!
1% 2 votes

Re: It’s a BOY / GIRL!

• Options
    Hope everyone is ok with me starting this, I know some of our members are finding out soon!

@BumpAdmin sticky please?

Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was just thinking people are going to be finding out soon. YaY this is exciting. I wish I could be team green but, how do you ladies plan with out knowing the sex? (Serious question) 
  • Options
    @lalala2004 @ecwk I get that! It just seems like it would be hard. Even though women did a t with no choice before. I looked for gender neutral clothes with my first and I can’t says i was a fan. Thumbs up to you ladies that can pull off team green. 
  • Options
    ssthomps said:
    I was just thinking people are going to be finding out soon. YaY this is exciting. I wish I could be team green but, how do you ladies plan with out knowing the sex? (Serious question) 
    If this is your first it can actually be beneficial for the baby shower if you’re team green hAha ! A good friend of mine was pregnant at the same time they knew it was a girl. No joke , she only got little girls clothes at her shower . At my shower, since no one knew they got me really practical gifts that we needed.  My friend was helping me load my car at the end and she was like “wow, I shouldn’t have told people I knew what I was having “ haha 
    I can definitely see how this would be. People hear girl and they want to buy clothes. 
  • Options
    neeraja_k said:
    Team Green here, I like surprises, and this seems like the ultimate surprise in a lifetime. :)

That said I find myself gravitating towards gender neutral bedding and decor anyway, so I think it'll work out fine. 
    See this is my issue, I don’t like surprises. I can definitely see how this could be a suprise of a life time, but the way my patience is set up.

Can you post some examples of gender neutral bedding/decor? 
  • Options
    @ssthomps we just did a play on the quote ‘you are my sun my moon and all of my stars’ and painted the room grey and yellow. Sunshine star and moon pictures on the walls. 

For the next baby were doing arctic under the see because I think narwhals are awesome and so are polar bears. Going with blue and gray and then if it’s a girl there are lots of opportunities to pretty it up!

August '18 March Siggy Challenge - You had ONE JOB

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    ssthomps said: See this is my issue, I don’t like surprises. I can definitely see how this could be a suprise of a life time, but the way my patience is set up. 

Can you post some examples of gender neutral bedding/decor?

I'm stuck in the box... 

But I've found suitable things that I personally like at:

Pottery Barn

https://www.potterybarnkids.com/m/shop/bedding/unisex-nursery-bedding/?cm_type=lnav

And Land of Nod (part of Crate and Barrel) 

https://m.landofnod.com/neutral-crib-bedding/kids-bedding-and-baby-bedding/1

Even Amazon has some cute stuff if you search through it enough. I've just never liked pigeonholed color schemes, I like greys and greens and such. :) 
  • Options
    @ssthomps we just did a play on the quote ‘you are my sun my moon and all of my stars’ and painted the room grey and yellow. Sunshine star and moon pictures on the walls. 

For the next baby were doing arctic under the see because I think narwhals are awesome and so are polar bears. Going with blue and gray and then if it’s a girl there are lots of opportunities to pretty it up!
    Both are really cute ideas. When I think gender neutral I think Noah’s Ark. don’t ask me why. 
  • Options
    @ssthomps I was team green x 3. With the first it’s good bc you aren’t tempted to get gender specific gear - assuming you plan on more kids, best for it to be neutral. I had one nursery set that I passed down to each child - I freakin LOVE it too so I’m so happy to do it. It is Susan lazar ‘egg’ design, in a sort of soft aqua with cream, yellow and sage green accents. I got it super cheap at a closing baby store, good since it was $ full price. It happened to perfectly match the existing paint (at the time, rh silver sage). We will find out this time but I’ll still use it one last time. 

Names - yes can be a pita depending how hard you guys find it. But in our case (all boys) it was boy names that were hard anyhow so it wouldn’t have helped finding out early.

and clothes... I got a few neural things for right away. For my youngest I bought a boy and a girl coming home outfit and returned one. And I got boy stuff very quick... ppl have gifts (and I requested some new boy stuff), and shopping is fast. 

Somehow even being team green, I managed to have plllllenty of boy stuff from the jump lol.

this time we are finding out because a) I want to know if I can start selling and donating too small boy stuff or not b) after 3 boys we do hope for a girl, and emotionally it’ll be easier to know. And I don’t want to have to come up with one more boy name unless we HAVE to HA. And c) being pgal I think it’ll help me connect, which wasn’t an issue previously. Dh has mixed feelings on the pregnancy (he preferred to be done, but relented) and I think it will help him connect too... 

Even though we arent doing it that way this time, that delivery room moment is amazing!

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• Options
    Team green as well!!! I loved doing it with my first. @hardlyhannah my DH got to do the same! He almost forgot for a minute, and I had to prompt him to remember to tell me she was a girl. My whole family was in the waiting room on the edge of their seats, so he got to tell them too. It was such a great experience for everyone. 

@ssthomps I had a summer baby for my first, and she literally was in a white onesie for her first month. Plus when everyone came to visit, they would bring a gift and it was typically an outfit.
    When we decorated her room we got white furniture that wasn't overly feminine. Her rug was supposed to be a turquoise and white pattern. Turns out it was blues, but the pattern was neutral enough that it didn't scream boy. When she was born we received some Coral blankets that a family friend made, so we just went out and bought some pillows with similar color schemes to place on the rocking chair. It all worked. It's not all frilly and pink, but my daughter isn't either. 
  • Options
    pghctwife said:
    @ssthomps I was team green x 3. With the first it’s good bc you aren’t tempted to get gender specific gear - assuming you plan on more kids, best for it to be neutral. I had one nursery set that I passed down to each child - I freakin LOVE it too so I’m so happy to do it. It is Susan lazar ‘egg’ design, in a sort of soft aqua with cream, yellow and sage green accents. I got it super cheap at a closing baby store, good since it was $ full price. It happened to perfectly match the existing paint (at the time, rh silver sage). We will find out this time but I’ll still use it one last time. 

Names - yes can be a pita depending how hard you guys find it. But in our case (all boys) it was boy names that were hard anyhow so it wouldn’t have helped finding out early.

and clothes... I got a few neural things for right away. For my youngest I bought a boy and a girl coming home outfit and returned one. And I got boy stuff very quick... ppl have gifts (and I requested some new boy stuff), and shopping is fast. 

Somehow even being team green, I managed to have plllllenty of boy stuff from the jump lol.

this time we are finding out because a) I want to know if I can start selling and donating too small boy stuff or not b) after 3 boys we do hope for a girl, and emotionally it’ll be easier to know. And I don’t want to have to come up with one more boy name unless we HAVE to HA. And c) being pgal I think it’ll help me connect, which wasn’t an issue previously. Dh has mixed feelings on the pregnancy (he preferred to be done, but relented) and I think it will help him connect too... 

Even though we arent doing it that way this time, that delivery room moment is amazing!
    Thanks for giving your perspective. I would definitely have to do the two outfits and return one. 

My my mom was on her third girl and she spiraled into ppd when she had the third girl. She explains she just knew she was having a boy. When it turned out to be a girl she became very depressed. She believes if she would have had the option to find out during the pregnancy, it would have gave her time to adjust. Now that she has grandsons she says god knew what he was doing giving her all girls. 
  • Options
    7425cait said:
    Team green as well!!! I loved doing it with my first. @hardlyhannah my DH got to do the same! He almost forgot for a minute, and I had to prompt him to remember to tell me she was a girl. My whole family was in the waiting room on the edge of their seats, so he got to tell them too. It was such a great experience for everyone. 

@ssthomps I had a summer baby for my first, and she literally was in a white onesie for her first month. Plus when everyone came to visit, they would bring a gift and it was typically an outfit.
    When we decorated her room we got white furniture that wasn't overly feminine. Her rug was supposed to be a turquoise and white pattern. Turns out it was blues, but the pattern was neutral enough that it didn't scream boy. When she was born we received some Coral blankets that a family friend made, so we just went out and bought some pillows with similar color schemes to place on the rocking chair. It all worked. It's not all frilly and pink, but my daughter isn't either. 
    This is great. Love all the Team Green stories. It gives a different perspective. 
  • Options
    I'm lurking to see who "voted" girl, I think they're the first one to know!

• Options
    I love all these team green stories! Thanks for sharing everyone. I think it would be fun but my husband is a planner so we will find out. If it’s another boy we will need the time to find a boy name we like since we only have girl names chosen. 
  • Options
    ^ I kind of want to be team green this time but my husband wants to find out, and ultimately, I’m good with finding out too. I freaking love pink and if it’s a girl, I want to do grey walls with an accent wall of grey & pink stripes or something. I realize she may hate pink and when she’d old enough to tell me so I’ll change it. My son loves pink right now and sports pink shirts on the regular. 

All this to say, I guess I’m a planner and fully admit that it might possibly be a pink explosion if it’s a girl! Hopefully I don’t get flamed. 
  • Options
    DH always wants to be team green and I can never do it so I pull rank.  It makes me feel more connected when I know what's in there.  I'll be perfectly happy either way.  But with two girls already, I'd give the extremely slight edge to a third girl.  We know girls and we're good at them.  Give me all the girls ;-)

95% of our stuff, including the nursery, is neutral bc we got it with #1 and wanted to be able to use it again.  We thought #2 would be our last so we did buy a few girlie things when we needed them with her.  But if this is a boy he'll just have to deal with a pink swing and boppy cover.  Somehow I think he'll survive.
  • Options
    I did find out with my first (a girl). For the big things, we got gender neutral anyway since we knew we wanted more. And it’s so true that people go crazy over girl clothes. That’s pretty much all I got at my shower. And when you get 5 3-6 month party dresses, there’s just no way for her to wear them all. 

When I was Team Green with my son, I didn’t do a nursery and I won’t with this one either. I always have the baby sleep in my room for a few months so there’s plenty of time to buy sheets. Like 2 months before my due date, I did go to Target and buy some boy clothes just in case. They have a good return policy, but I ended up needing to keep them. 
  • Options
    ssthomps said:
    @lalala2004 @ecwk I get that! It just seems like it would be hard. Even though women did a t with no choice before. I looked for gender neutral clothes with my first and I can’t says i was a fan. Thumbs up to you ladies that can pull off team green. 
    We were team Green with our first, and I bought a TON of gender neutral clothing... Then I dressed him in all the clothing we were gifted and never even used it. My husband really wants to find out this time, but I'm trying to convince him otherwise!
    Carolyn (33) & Steve (33) Married 1/28/12 DS 4/16/14 BFP 9/13/15~Due 5/20/16
  • Options
    @BumpAdmin sticky please!

Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    amac12999 said:
    ^ I kind of want to be team green this time but my husband wants to find out, and ultimately, I’m good with finding out too. I freaking love pink and if it’s a girl, I want to do grey walls with an accent wall of grey & pink stripes or something. I realize she may hate pink and when she’d old enough to tell me so I’ll change it. My son loves pink right now and sports pink shirts on the regular. 

All this to say, I guess I’m a planner and fully admit that it might possibly be a pink explosion if it’s a girl! Hopefully I don’t get flamed. 
    This is my situation. I want to be team green but DH is a firm no on that. And not because he wants to buy gender-normative stuff, he just can't do surprises with anything at all, so waiting to find out just seems impossible to him. 
    Me: 38; DH: 41
    DS: Born 5-17-16 

• Options
    izmom28 said:
    I did find out with my first (a girl). For the big things, we got gender neutral anyway since we knew we wanted more. And it’s so true that people go crazy over girl clothes. That’s pretty much all I got at my shower. And when you get 5 3-6 month party dresses, there’s just no way for her to wear them all. 

When I was Team Green with my son, I didn’t do a nursery and I won’t with this one either. I always have the baby sleep in my room for a few months so there’s plenty of time to buy sheets. Like 2 months before my due date, I did go to Target and buy some boy clothes just in case. They have a good return policy, but I ended up needing to keep them. 
    I’m so glad I’m not the only one not doing a nursery! My boys both stayed in my room for at least the first 6 months so it gave me plenty of time to setup afterwards. I spent so much money on a nursery with my first and he never really even used the room. 

August 18 Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    izmom28 said:

I’m so glad I’m not the only one not doing a nursery! My boys both stayed in my room for at least the first 6 months so it gave me plenty of time to setup afterwards. I spent so much money on a nursery with my first and he never really even used the room. 
    Yup. We have 3 bedrooms so my kids currently each have their own room. Once I’m ready for this baby to have his/her own room, the older 2 will share. But I’m not putting them together until I have to. 
  • Options
    I am moving more and more towards no nursery for this one as well. I have a small area in my room that I am debating putting the crib. I will leave the guest room a guest room until Lo transitions in its own room. I actually doubt I will be getting half the stuff I got with my first. It just isn’t necessary. I just need the basics stroller with car seat, crib, clothes baby essentials and bottles for pumping. Other than that I doubt I will need anything else. 
  • Options
    While we did have a nursery in our old house, it was reused x 3 since babies rarely slept in there! Around 2 they left my bed lol. 

But my oldest abd younfest did nap there sometimes times plus I had the changing stuff and clothes... I loved that room, it was a nice calm place and special to me. 

Now  we have 4br but each kid has  own room. I’m not going to rush making them share since the baby will be with me anyhow. Probably try to set up crib or cosleeper with us... 

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• Options
    Well have a ‘nursery’ set up but baby will be with us in a cosleeper or bedshare. The room will be for clothes, essentially. We’ll get a dresser, hoping to just use DS’s crib but now I’m second guessing that and deciding if I want to use it as a headboard for him or not. I won’t go all out until baby is here with decorations so I can incorporate specific things. 

August '18 March Siggy Challenge - You had ONE JOB

Pregnancy Ticker