August 2018 Moms

Symptoms 12/22

Re: Symptoms 12/22

• About 6w 6d and I am so freaking tired all day and at night I have crazy insomnia and stupid restless leg stuff....ugh any one else in a similar boat?
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • katie1885 said:
    About 6w 6d and I am so freaking tired all day and at night I have crazy insomnia and stupid restless leg stuff....ugh any one else in a similar boat?
    Yes! I posted about it somewhere but have restless legs too! So annoying!

I’ve thrown up the past two nights. Was doing this a few weeks ago, but then it stopped. It’s back. I’m really hoping I start to feel better around 13 weeks like I did with DS. 
  • Loading the player...
  • meeks2020meeks2020 member
    edited December 2017
    Your kidneys get bigger to prepare for pregnancy is why you pee so much at first and your body is probably starting to get used to it. Also your body is so thirsty bc it's starting to make a LOT more blood  (who remembers the amount? Isn't it double or something?) 

Eta I looked it up, your body is gearing up to make 50% more blood 

• At 8+1 weeks, I'm having major problems with constipation. I'm so bloated and uncomfortable. I've been taking colace (docusate) for the last two days but haven't had much relief. 
  • @katie1885 I have had rls since I was in high school and it gets even worse during pregnancy. At least in second and third tri I can take benadryl to help me get some rest from it

• 6w6d today and MS started last night. This is earlier for me than usual. Hopefully it’s not a stomach bug. 
  • I flew home yesterday, and farted the entire way! I felt so bad for anyone with the misfortune of being seated in my general vicinity. Husband mentioned it, but didn't know that I was the culprit until we got in the car to drive home from the airport. I'm gross. 
    Me:32
    DH:45
    DSD: 20
    DSS: 18
    Team green baby due: Aug 6th, 2018

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @spring2630 I feel your pain! I have been feeling very unmotivated and nauseated almost every day for the past week. I have a friend who's an OB nurse and she reported that after 9 weeks this horrible feeling tapers off. I told my husband that I feel badly for complaining so much, but I can't help it. We just got a new spinning bike for Christmas and I have no desire to use it. I gotta just be kind to myself and accept this is temporary and part of the first trimester and all the hard work my body is doing. Let go of the guilt. 
  • ^^^ I’ll be 10 weeks on Wednesday, and I’ve started throwing up this week. So it definitely didn’t taper at nine weeks for me. With DS, I stopped gagging and dry heaving at 14 weeks and started feeling much better. I only threw up with him a handful of times though, so the sickness has been worse this time. I’m hoping it gets better in the second trimester.
  • @lolog531 is it a lactose intolerance? Aged cheeses (i.e. cheddar) don’t have lactose and may be easier to handle than other cheeses. Also, some women find during pregnancy they can tolerate things they normally can’t. My sister has an allergy to the milk protein (so no cheddar even) but during pregnancy she’s been able to eat small amounts of cheese. She said she’ll really miss it after delivery. Obviously eat at your own risk but it may be worth a shot.

My back has been hurting every night for a few days, especially after doing the dishes. I wish my husband would to them! Other than that I’m gassy and that’s about it. I don’t really feel pregnant.
  • @doctormom Cherries worked really well for me last pregnancy!

I am having bad hip pain already. It’s keeping me from sleeping. So, I’ve been waking up at 4 am with hip pain and then nausea kicks in and that is it I’m up. 
  • @yosemite2018 I'm having lower back pain too. It's super annoying because I can't seem to find a position that relieves it. Luckily I see my chiropractor on Thursday morning. 
  • When I had morning sickness before, it ended on the first day of second tri. I was going on a cruise that day. I woke up feeling fine, and my belly had popped. 

Also the worst part of morning sickness at work is pretending you don’t have morning sickness at work. 
  • @yosemite2018 I was having a lot of reflux issues and they thought it was my gallbladder, ulcers, you name it. I didn’t have formal allergy testing, but I did an elimination diet on a suggestion from my GI dr and DO and felt way better when I cut out dairy. I didn’t drink milk, but Cheese was a main part of my diet for sure. I’ve had it here and there without issues, so I believe it is more of a ‘when I eat it in excess’ thing, but I’ve never gone overboard. 
    Maybe I’ll experiment and see how I do during pregnancy? I also have this irrational fear that if I don’t expose the baby to any dairy that he/she may be sensitive to it (although I know there is no evidence backing that up!). 
    Me: 34 DH: 37
    DS: 5.28.15
    DS#2: EDD 8.31.18

• @izmom28 that's me today, trying to pretend that I'm not about to be sick every five second. I had no morning sickness until about three days ago. I'm just trying to remind myself that this may be a sign that all is going well with my little bean. 
    Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC #1: 12/2016
    Benched due to deployment- Off the bench 8/8/17!

• Soooooo, my tailbone is KILLING me. I didn't have this until I was in my third tri last time. Could this be pregnancy related, ALREADY? This was the worst part of pregnancy last time, I really hope it goes away...
    <3 * Happily married August, 23rd, 2014 * <3

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • lolog531 said:
    @yosemite2018 I was having a lot of reflux issues and they thought it was my gallbladder, ulcers, you name it. I didn’t have formal allergy testing, but I did an elimination diet on a suggestion from my GI dr and DO and felt way better when I cut out dairy. I didn’t drink milk, but Cheese was a main part of my diet for sure. I’ve had it here and there without issues, so I believe it is more of a ‘when I eat it in excess’ thing, but I’ve never gone overboard. 
    Maybe I’ll experiment and see how I do during pregnancy? I also have this irrational fear that if I don’t expose the baby to any dairy that he/she may be sensitive to it (although I know there is no evidence backing that up!). 
    I hope you’re able to tolerate it now! In college I ate so much mac and cheese that I had to completely give up dairy for a few months. Luckily now if I eat it in moderation I’m ok.
  • Soooooo, my tailbone is KILLING me. I didn't have this until I was in my third tri last time. Could this be pregnancy related, ALREADY? This was the worst part of pregnancy last time, I really hope it goes away...
    Yep, mine started almost immediately this time. I see a chiropractor monthly and I may have to bump it up to more often before too long.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• I've been so worried that I was nauseous for weeks 6 and 7 and now my symptoms are almost gone at week 8. Threw up one time this week but my breast pain has almost disappeared.  Go for my first u/s next Wednesday so trying to just hold out until then.
  • Sorry I've been mia for a few days. Morning sickness has been killer! I feel sort of human today, which is nice, but the last two days it was hard to function, let alone concentrate and read what everyone was posting. 

• Does anyone else have low blood pressure? I went to the dentist this morning and mine was 97/60. It is usually 120/80 so I am pretty sure it is pregnancy related (and Google told me that is a thing), but is it anything to be worried about? Also is this why I am freezing cold all the time?
    *TTC History*

Me: 37, MH: 38; Married August 2017

TTC #1 October 2017: BFP on 12/1/2017, DD born 7/24/2018 @ 37+1 after induction due to preeclampsia

TTC #2 January 2020: AMA, dx with DOR in May 2020

IVF July 2020: 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 12 fertilized, 3 blasts, 2 PGT-A normal

FET 10/7/20: BFP on 10/12/20!!! (EDD 6/25/21); First beta 10/16/20 (9dpt): 148; Second beta 10/19/20 (12dpt): 621; Third beta 10/26/20 (19dpt): 4732; Fourth (and final!) beta 11/2/20 (26 dpt): 22,000+

• @legallykate I had low bp with my son, and it never worried the doc. By the end of my pregnancy I had hypertension tho. It started elevating about 24 weeks 

• @legallykate low bp is a pregnancy thing, especially early on because you've got all this extra blood swimming about. I don't know what's considered "normal" for pregnancy, but my BP was traditionally lower than usual with DS and at the end it spiked. It was also SUPER stupid high after pregnancy, like almost 200/100. 
  • this is my fourth baby and I swear I can already feel the tightness and release of my uterus already at random times expecialy when I’m just waking up to get out of bed? 
    Could this be not Braxton Hicks this early or something else? 
  • this is my fourth baby and I swear I can already feel the tightness and release of my uterus already at random times expecialy when I’m just waking up to get out of bed? 
    Could this be not Braxton Hicks this early or something else? 
    Are you sure it’s not just RLP?
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• I’m pretty sure because it’s not painful 
    it feels just like Braxton Hicks but I’ve never gotten them this early ever maybe I’m just thirsty
  • It’s probably more easy to irritate it now ... do you toss and turn at night? Maybe you temporarily inflamed it sleeping in a weird position.
  • It’s probably more easy to irritate it now ... do you toss and turn at night? Maybe you temporarily inflamed it sleeping in a weird position.
    I'm confused. Are you replying to yourself?
    No didn’t 
    Tag  my response still learning how to used this 
  • I have had a cold for a solid 3 weeks with no relief. I'm really kind of ok with it because my sense of smell was insane but it would be nice to be able to taste food again. Also, this boob soreness is for the birds. 

August 18 Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @breemomof4, most likely you have not consumed a lot of water today. drink some water and put your feet up.
  • @calimom2524 I got a cold like that when I was pregnant with DS and it was terrible! I hope you feel better soon! 
  • I hope it tapers off at 9 weeks!! I think I'm slightly better now; I can hold a conversation again and go places without it feeling so arduous. I still  need a pick-me-up by 1pm whether it's a nap or light caffeine but at least more functional.  I hope your exhaustion is starting to get better!
  • I have a new symptom that popped up 2 nights ago and I didn't experience my first time around.  It's weird! I've started getting really itchy with little tiny bumps, specifically on my arms, but all over my belly and back too (not a red rash just individual tiny bumps).  Possibly dry skin but I've been vigilant about putting lotion on since it started happening.  What's strange is that I've been waking up at night and my left hand fingers are swollen enough that one night I took my wedding rings off for comfort.  Last night I didn't and now I have an itchy patch under where they sit.  I have a ring on my right ring finger and never had discomfort/swelling, just my left hand.  

If I was later in my pregnancy I'd be calling my OB first but I'm just 8 weeks along so I'm not thinking it's anything urgent (or should I?). Anyone else have this going on?
  • I have a new symptom that popped up 2 nights ago and I didn't experience my first time around.  It's weird! I've started getting really itchy with little tiny bumps, specifically on my arms, but all over my belly and back too (not a red rash just individual tiny bumps).  Possibly dry skin but I've been vigilant about putting lotion on since it started happening.  What's strange is that I've been waking up at night and my left hand fingers are swollen enough that one night I took my wedding rings off for comfort.  Last night I didn't and now I have an itchy patch under where they sit.  I have a ring on my right ring finger and never had discomfort/swelling, just my left hand.  

If I was later in my pregnancy I'd be calling my OB first but I'm just 8 weeks along so I'm not thinking it's anything urgent (or should I?). Anyone else have this going on?
    Definitely call your doctor ASAP.
    Me: 28, DH: 40
    Married 9/28/13
    DS born 11/12/15
    EDD 8/13/18
  • Call your doctor ASAP. I had similar symptoms with intense itching and they had to test me for cholestasis
  • I've been noticing a big increase in discharge, and just now I'm noticing it's a little yellowish. Between that and the likely UTI I have, I'm starting to worry. 
    Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC #1: 12/2016
    Benched due to deployment- Off the bench 8/8/17!

• cholestasis doesn’t usually occur until late pregnancy.
  • @jsnakehole don't worry! UTIs are common during pregnancy as are yeast infections / BV. Just give a call in to your OB. 

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker