March 2018 Moms
Options

December Symptoms

Re: December Symptoms

• Options
    I feel like somebody crushed my pelvic bone with a 5lb dumbbell. DH is always asking if my crotch is suppose to hurt this much. I don't remember my previous pregnancies hurting this much this early, but it seems legit. 

• Options
    @notthefather YES!!! I am dealing with the worst indigestion as well, in fact I ate a stick of cheese last night for dinner and called it good because I didn’t want to make it worse. Ugh! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @mdfarmchick gerd... It's so gross. I keep visualizing it. Hoping it goes away and doesn't linger for the rest of this pregnancy!
  • Options
    @justkeeptrying or anyone else: what are you guys doing about nasal congestion? I definitely don't have a sinus infection--it could be a cold, or just a pregnancy symptom, or because the weather is changing--not sure. I've tried all the natural type stuff like a humidifier, keeping the room a bit warmer, nasal spray, neti pot, and even the benadryl I took last night didn't really work that well--everything seems to work for like 5 minutes and then the benefits stop. I normally take Afrin but my OB said not to do that pregnant. She failed to suggest other nasal sprays that are more safe in pregnancy than Afrin. You guys got anything pregnancy safe for this? I already have insomnia issues and this congestion thing is making it so much worse. Icannot breath through my mouth all night and honestly confused how other people seem to be able to. 
  • Options
    @vflux33 I’m not sure if this helps or not but could be pregnancy rhinitis? ((And if I just picked the wrong word, I’m sorry. Last night I was not doing well in the sleep department.))

Vicks and Vick’s Baby are both safe for pregnancy but I don’t know if they have stuff in them you don’t use? That’s my go for congestion. And a tbsp of it on the shower floor, or adding it to a warmer if you have one helps too. And MH adds just a couple drops of eucalyptus to the humidifier whenever he fills it. 
  • Options
    @vflux33 flonase! 2 squirts in each nostril daily. It takes a couple days to get the full benefits so be consistent with it. 
  • Options
    Thanks @mdfarmchick and @npkat

Also has anyone used Rhinocort? Apparently it is similar to flonase but it is category B instead of C...?
  • Options
    @vflux33 No but its pretty much the same as flonase. Any of the OTC steroid nasal sprays will be safe. There is pretty much no systemic absorption with any of them so no harm to baby.
  • Options
    @npkat Yeah I think you're right and that my OB is on the way cautious side when it comes to recommending OTC or any drugs. She has even discouraged me from Benadryl, which seems abnormal judging from other people's experiences I've read here. I appreciate the caution as I tend to be cautious as well, but me not getting sleep and being basically miserable can't be much better for the babies than a little nasal spray now and then. Not to mention the fact that I nearly ruined MH's important meeting this week by keeping him up all night with my sniffling, which I feel super bad about. 
  • Options
    I have an inguinal hernia. All of the pressure from baby is making it hurt like hell. The belly band helps a bit. 
  • Options
    @bravoandprosecco this is my 2nd too and I don’t think I ever had BH either 

My back is killing me. It’s the whole left side of my back since Monday. I finally scheduled a massage for tomorrow cause I’ve been miserable all week

• Options
    @vflux33, I'm no help because I'm just suffering through the stuffy nose. But mine hasn't gotten as bad as some people's probably. I'm just a whiner lol. But I am really anti-taking meds while pregnant as much as possible. I won't even pop a tylenol. So...take what I say with a grain of salt.
  • Options
    @justkeeptrying Yeah, I totally feel you on the trying to avoid meds thing--the only reason I'm considering is that it's exacerbating my insomnia, and the insomnia has gotten bad enough lately where I feel it could be having a worse potential effect than any class B meds... but I'm also a wuss so I bought the Rhinocort but haven't actually taken any because my OB never got back to me before the weekend so I guess I'm doing the same thing as you in the end! 
  • Options
    @justkeeptrying Yeah, it's seriously the worst. I consider the nights when I get 3 hours as "pretty good" nights at this point, which is... pretty bad. Just 3 more months and then I can sleep again! --oh, wait, my bad, that's when I'll have 2 screaming babies. Oops :s
  • Options
    @vflux33, Oh I know!!!!!! Every time I think "Ugh I'm tired", I think to myself "Just wait until you're in the newborn stage again". Sigh. I promise, you will sleep again. Eventually.
  • Options
    This baby feels like she’s pushing so hard on my left hip. It’s so painful to walk and by the end of the day even the left side of my vagina feels sore? I always carried my first daughter low but never so low that it was painful to walk. Wondering if I just did something to my hip and it’s not pregnancy related? Regardless, I’m a little nervous to be going two months without a checkup now. 
  • Options
    Anyone having nausea return? I didn’t struggle with it too much in 1st trimester. After I ate dinner last night I haven’t felt right.  :/ just drank some water and it’s not sitting well. Ugh. 
    Me: 30 DH: 31
    Married: May 2008
    DD Born: March 2018
    DS Born: April 2019
    Due with #3 December 2020!
  • Options
    @JBcakes08 is it nausea or acid reflux/gerd?
  • Options
    @ShawnnaO check out daily activities on Spinning babies. They have some good, helpful suggestions for pain/discomfort. I forgot about them until last week and it’s made a huge difference. 
  • Options
    @JBcakes08 My nausea and lack of appetite has definitely made a comeback this last week. I think I remember the same thing happening with one of my other pregnancies, but it was closer to the end. 
  • Options
    Anyone having nausea return? I didn’t struggle with it too much in 1st trimester. After I ate dinner last night I haven’t felt right.  :/ just drank some water and it’s not sitting well. Ugh. 
    Yes, I've had a few days where I wasn't sure if I was getting sick or PG related.  Ugh, hope you're doing better 
  • Options
    All of a sudden everything (literally everything) gives me a huge lump in my throat and makes me want to bawl. I cannot get it together today and I’m trying to hide from my kids so I don’t scare them! Our oldest is a huge worrier so he would worry about me for days even if I told him I was ok. 
  • Options
    @ShawnnaO
    That is awesome and so neat that you could be a part of it. I would’ve been a hot mess for sure! 

I’ve cried at so many things today. DD singing at church, DS coming out in his costume and bowing at the end, him crying because I said we needed to skip going to a friends because it’s been a busy weekend causing me to cry, worrying that I’m failing him, DD saying cute (but sassy) things, the weekend coming to an end. Oh I’m a hot mess. 
  • Options
    @chasingroygbiv things that normally wouldn’t be an issue for me, are making me cry so much today. Like if MH is just a little crabby from a headache, tears. Sad stories on the internet, tears. DS suddenly saying “thank you much” instead of just thank you, tears. I cried because he says words I didn’t even know he heard. A friend told me that the number of pregnancies exponentially increases the tears. :wink:
  • Options
    @ShawnnaO congratulations on YH’s promotion. MH promotes in March... so I’ll either be super duper pregnant or will be freshly hormonal from giving birth. Lol. 
  • Options
    @mdfarmchick I believe it! I cry more and more each pregnancy it seems! I try to talk myself down, but nope. I’m sure lack of sleep isn’t helping.
  • Options
    @chasingroygbiv @ShawnnaO @mdfarmchick Re: hormonal crying - I totally made my pregnant sister cry this afternoon and I felt sooooooo bad about it. She and my other sister came over to bake goodies and she said something about how marshmallows would be good on the magic cookie bars w/out nuts. I jokingly said something totally smart ass in reply and it made her cry. Oops. Not cool.
  • Options
    I think I got my hormonal crying out in the last couple of months. Then again,*TW* I've never been this far into a pregnancy so who knows what's in store?!

AFM I just want to sleep more than 3 hours at a time, not drink water like a fish and ask my LO to practice soccer outside my uterus. I am also starting to get the hip pains again at night. Body pillow to the rescue!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I’ve been pretty quiet on this board lately, but insomnia is making a comeback.

Along with insomnia, I have hella constipation and I’m beginning to think I have restless leg syndrome. My knees get numb, hips, legs, etc. in the middle of the night and I have to adjust several times. I’m using a snoogle and I feel like poor circulation only happens at night. I never went through this with my first!
  • Options
    It's midnight. I'm wide awake and I haven heartburn. Sigh. 
  • Options
    @Chillpr check out sciatica... those symptoms can also be from that. Ice packs, heat and some simple stretches might help. 

@justkeeptrying boo. Hopefully you can sleep soon. 
  • Options
    @mdfarmchick @chasingroygbiv @baybeesunflower thanks for your responses. The nausea turned into all out vomiting yesterday and I couldn’t keep anything down. My temperature got up to 99.5 really fast and I called the weekend on call OB. She told me to go to the hospital L&D floor. I was there for 8 hours and got 4 bags of IV fluid. I guess I have a stomach bug. We listened to baby’s heartbeat with a monitor and she was fine. Of course on the way to the hospital I was sobbing because the last time I saw my OB she told me all the scary things that can happen to the baby if you have a fever, but thankfully mine wasn’t high enough and it seems to be breaking now. 
    Stay healthy ladies! I NEVER get sick either, ugh. 
    Me: 30 DH: 31
    Married: May 2008
    DD Born: March 2018
    DS Born: April 2019
    Due with #3 December 2020!
  • Options
    @JBcakes08 Oh no, I hope you feel better soon! How miserable. 

@vflux33 I'm trying Breathe Right strips tonight for a lingering cold. I'll let you know if they work! 
    Me: 36    DH: 37
    Married: 5.27.16
    Baby Boy Due: 3.18.18
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    @JBcakes08 that sounds terrifying, I’m glad you’re starting to feel better! 
  • Options
    @muggle621 I actually just started trying those last night and they do work (which surprised me!) but they don't totally work. I'm gonna keep using them but if I get cleared for Rhinocort I'm gonna try that too. 
  • Options
    @JBcakes08 sending good, healthy vibes your way! What an awful ordeal. Hope you stay on the upswing.
  • Options
    @JBcakes08 oh no! I’m so sorry you were so sick but I’m glad you were able to get some fluids and reassurance that baby is okay in there. Hoping you feel better soon. Hugs. 
  • Options
    @JBcakes08 that sounds awful! I hope you feel better soon!