November 2015 Moms
Options

What's your favorite brand/type of underwear?

Hi Ladies,
I'm looking to stock up on some comfy and nice undies before LO arrives. Just curious as to what brands/types you ladies prefer. I feel like I'm all over the map and would like to find a "you're the one" relationship with some really nice undies lol :)

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: What's your favorite brand/type of underwear?

• Options
    Can't go wrong with the yoga ones from VS. And I also love Izod underwear and bras. They are super comfy!

FTM due 11/06/2015
    Married 09/21/2013
  • Options
    Honestly, I've learned from my first that comfy, cotton is the way to go. I usually get low rise bikini. I refuse to spend money at VS or any other favorite brands on post partum panties. Its just not worth it...I'll save that for when I'm back & loose some of the weight
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I like the stretchy ones from Macy's that are always 5 for 25. I think the brand is Jennie or something? They're microfiber or something, soft and stretchy and comfy.

I've heard great things about meundies.com although I've not tried them...
  • Options
    If you are looking for post partum panties, I just got the ones below. They are super comfy and cheap, so I don't care if they get ruined.
    If you are looking for nice panties for after the bleeding stops, I am no help. I used to like VS but they never fit right after DS was born. I will be following this thread.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I just got some cheap cotton panties that I'm sure will be ruined. Still rocking my thongs at 39w and plan to get back into them ASAP after birth!
  • Options
    I agree for Postpartum undies, cheap, comfy and disposable is the way to go.  As for regular ones, I am 100% a Calvin Klein girl.  So silky you can barely tell you have them on.
    YCSWU 

• Options
    As of right now, I got a pack of 5 Calvin Klein at Sams Club for $15. And I am LOVING them!!!!
  • Options

If you are looking for post partum panties, I just got the ones below. They are super comfy and cheap, so I don't care if they get ruined.
    If you are looking for nice panties for after the bleeding stops, I am no help. I used to like VS but they never fit right after DS was born. I will be following this thread.

I got the same ones! Make sure you get a size up to fit all the fun gigantic pads. I love VS but I don't want to risk ruining em.
  • Options

Totally (temporarily) rocking the Hanes breathable bikini ones from Walmart a size up from my normal. I'm hoping to start phasing my cute ones back into rotation by early December!

This is what I did add well, looking forward to getting back in my cute VS undies after recovery.
  • Options
    For postpartum I went cheap because I plan to throw them away after. I've been wearing them this week too to test them out. I bought a pack of cotton and a pack of microfiber high leg briefs from fruit of the loom at target. I had an unplanned CS last time and had to send my mom for brief undies so they wouldn't come near my scar. While I'm planning a VBAC I need to be prepared just in case.
    Add in the giant pads and the leaking and I don't want to buy anything nice. Plus they help hold in the saggy PP belly for a while too.
  • Options
    JennsouleJennsoule member
    edited October 2015
    I know people will say go with the cute ones b/c you will feel sexy after everything. BS! The reality is your belly is weird and you're bleeding for weeks. I really don't think spending my hard earned cash on cute undies is what I need. I second for Hanes. They are cheap, and comfy. I went with the briefs because I like they are holding my tummy in and a size bigger then usual.
  • Options
    I stocked up on Hanes regular cotton underwear. They are super soft and comfortable and they don't have elastic around the waist. I HATE itchy elastic. And they are cheap!!
  • Options
    Yes, I have some cheap Hanes ones for PP recovery as well. I'll have to check out these Calvin Klien ones from Sams!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I had been liking aerie pretty well pre-pregnancy, but I wanted some that I wouldn't worry about ruining, so I bought a pack of Hanes and a pack of FOLs a while back.  Both kind of a boy short-y style since I don't like high-waisted stuff.  I laundered them and wore them a few times, and didn't particularly care for them.  I figured they're only for recovery, so it's fine if they're not my favorites.  Turns out Baby is breech and I have a scheduled c-section.  So I just bought two more packs of high-rise undies (regular FOL briefs and Hanes constant comfort modern briefs) in the hopes that they won't rub my stitches during recovery, and now I have all of the previous undies just floating around, most likely never to be worn again...
  • Options
    I'm devoted to low rise gap body cotton undies. I went up a size in the third trimester but they still fit nicely under the bump. I figured I'll wear the big ones postpartum and if they get ruined it's no biggie because (hopefully) I can go back to my regular size after a while.
  • Options
    Bettytteb said:
    I'm devoted to low rise gap body cotton undies. I went up a size in the third trimester but they still fit nicely under the bump. I figured I'll wear the big ones postpartum and if they get ruined it's no biggie because (hopefully) I can go back to my regular size after a while.
    YES, GapBody is another fave, but our Body store was recently converted to a Kids and I hate shopping online for intimates. :((
  • Options
    Ohhh I have heard great things about Gap body. I'll check these out too :)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Hanes cotton ones in a size larger than I normally wear so that they don't pinch whatsoever after he's out.