March 2018 Moms
Options

December Symptoms

Re: December Symptoms

• Options
    I think karma is getting me today for making my pregnant sister cry yesterday - I watched a viral video of a boy in TN who is being bullied and watching it and just thinking about it has made me sob quietly in my cubicle several times today. Then I start worrying about DD and LO getting bullied and it just makes me so upset. 
  • Options
    missnc77missnc77 member
    edited December 2017
    @vflux33 @muggle621 I'm a nasal strip addict since my first pregnancy even though I think it's more in my head that they actually work. I highly recommend the flesh colored lavender scented strips. Not because of the lavender smell, but because they seem to work the best. The clear strips just don't have the sticking power! Also, if you use eye makeup remover to help get them off the next day, you won't get a long term red strip on your nose. It's sad that I know these things.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @missnc77 I didn't even think about there being a red strip on the nose from them...thanks for the tip!! 
    Me: 36    DH: 37
    Married: 5.27.16
    Baby Boy Due: 3.18.18
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    @JBcakes08 Oh nooo!! I hope you are feeling better! 
  • Options
    Hard to tag everyone on mobile, but thank you all for your kind thoughts!  <3

A ‘symptom’ I hadn’t noticed until they had the Doppler on at the hospital last night, but my stomach is extremely hairy all of a sudden  :# I was embarrassed. 
    Me: 30 DH: 31
    Married: May 2008
    DD Born: March 2018
    DS Born: April 2019
    Due with #3 December 2020!
  • Options
    @JBcakes08 Mine is, too! Super sexy.  :D
  • Options
    ashleyf911ashleyf911 member
    edited December 2017
    @chasingroygbiv Yep, I've been getting that in the bladder and the cervix. :s It seems like she kicks (or head butts, maybe) my bladder and then I feel a sharp pain and feel like I have to pee, or she'll kick my cervix and I get another sharp pain and it feels like she's just gonna fall out. Almost takes my breath away.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @ashleyf911 It is so strange! And weird that it came on so suddenly. Change in position maybe?
  • Options
    @chasingroygbiv Definitely could be change in position! I feel like she's settled down a lot lower this week than she has been.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @chasingroygbiv ugh, feels like a puch, yes, same here. It sucks!!
  • Options
    I just took 5 days off work... after working 9 in a row and walking into another 7 in a row. I actually cried last night thinking how much I DO NOT want to go in today. 

ugh...whyyyyy
  • Options
    muggle621  I am also waking up hungry. Around 3am every night I am wide awake, and get up to have a snack then go back to sleep for a few hours. haha 

I'm also still battling this chest cold. Dr. put me on antibiotics finally. The cautions on the patient info sheet say that if you have high blood sugar you can't use X test strip, use Y or Z and tell all dr's and lab techs you are on this. Of course I'm supposed to do the glucose test in a few days and won't be done with the antibiotics. Ugh. Called OB's office just to let them know. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @missnc77 Thank you for the tips!

@chasingroygbiv Yes this is definitely happening to me too. At one of my ultrasounds the technician told me she could see it at the exact moment I felt it. 
  • Options
    I am having pretty constant BH even when resting on my left side. This happened with my last baby and I ended up on bedrest. That was around 34 weeks though. I'm just now coming up I'm 29 weeks. I tried to power through them yesterday and that was a mistake. I feel like doo doo today. I go for my appointment and glucose tolerance test tomorrow. Hopefully the doctor will say I'm fine and just whiney. 
  • Options
    @vflux33 Did you get to try the Rhinocort yet? I was just curious if it helped you any. I just got some to address a different issue - I have fluid in my ear probably caused by the upper respiratory thing I just had. My ENT's nurse said to try that for a few days to see if that help it drain. 

I have to say I'm not loving being pregnant these last couple weeks with all these limited options we have in dealing with illness. After I have this baby I'm taking ALL THE MEDICINE when I get sick. 

• Options
    @muggle621 I bought the rhinocort and my OB approved it yesterday, BUT she noted if my issue is pregnancy rhinitis that rhinocort is generally not as effective as claritin, which is also class B. My PCP also approved flonase (class C). I'm trying to tough it out and stick with the drug free breathe right strips and neti pot on the nights it's not as bad and then on my next bad night I plan to try the rhinocort, then claritin if that doesn't work, then flonase if neither of those work. I think part of my issue is I really don't know yet if this is a cold, a reaction to the change in weather (it got very cold and dry here suddenly after being more humid and a bit warmer), or if it's pregnancy rhinitis. I'm gathering that the cause does matter when picking a drug for it because the rhinitis is due to swelling from increased blood supply while a cold would be more congestion + some swelling from blowing your nose all the time. Also if it is rhinitis I don't want to get used to taking something too often because supposedly if you get rhinitis it lasts for the whole rest of your pregnancy (fun!) and I don't want to take something every single day for 3 months. 

I hope it helps with your ear issue! Let me know if it does. I totally feel you on the medicine thing. I mean, I try not to take a lot even when not pregnant but I love having options. Before being pregnant Afrin was my go-to and it sucks to play guessing games with all these other drugs since I can't take the Afrin. Also neti pots only clear me out for 5-10 minutes and saline sprays help for about one minute so I do not underfuckingstand how those can possibly really help anyone. Don't get me wrong "natural" is great, but Afrin exists for a reason!
  • Options
    I hope it's not pregnancy rhinitis. I think I've had it since July . Do you have any blood when you blow your nose.?  That's been a constant for me all pregnancy. The saline nose spray helps with the blood but not with the overall congestion. Since the weather changed recently for you in your area then hopefully that is all that is.

I certainly understand your frustration though. I was on Singular and Nasonex before pregnancy and I miss them so much!! I'm going to try the Rhinocort when I get  home from work. I'm so nervous about my ear because I already have lost about 60% of my hearing in this ear and I'm afraid another infection will make it worse. 

I hope you feel better soon! 

• Options
    Ha! But then if you BF, you still have to be careful about cold meds. At least you can take Motrin PP while breastfeeding, so there’s that. I remember my first cold after weaning. I cracked open some NyQuil and heard angels singing. 

Anyone have inner thigh and pelvic pain this soon from working out? I do remember having it last time, but I don’t remember it being this soon. 
  • Options
    @muggle621 I do sometimes see blood when I blow my nose, even before I started feeling this congestion issue. Hmm.

Thanks, I hope you feel better too! I can definitely see why already losing a lot of hearing in that ear from infection would be freaking you out. I really hope you caught it early enough to avoid any kind of permanent damage. 
  • Options
    @missnc77 I have been having trouble with my left hip flexor for over a month now. I started using the yoga ball to sit on a lot more over the weekend and I started some stretches specific to the hip flexor and it was actually a little better today. I’m hoping to keep doing the stretches and that it will go away. As for pelvic pain, I’m pretty sure I have SPD on my left side and I’ve only started addressing that since the weekend with stretches, yoga and sitting on the yoga ball. I haven’t ruled out a chiropractor but I also don’t know a good one that treats pregnancy right now either. 
  • Options
    nancysimpnancysimp member
    edited December 2017
    28 weeks pregnant. Monitoring my platelet count...I'm at 118 right now. Apparently I may not be able to have an epidural if too low. May need to see an anesthesiologist to discuss other ways to manage pain. Ugh. Morphine to take "the edge" off etc. Please, powers that be, don't make this harder than it needs to be. My gosh I'm a weakling, I have dizzy spells...I can't even imagine not having an epidural. Blah.
  • Options

Saw the hematologist yesterday (low iron, it was 9 at 24 weeks) and he wants me to do a blood draw asap and then repeat every 4 weeks, sigh.  So now between my weekly OB appointments, getting my kids to their appointments, my regular maintenance appointments (dentist, eye dr, dermatologist, etc) I have to add monthly blood draws to that too >:(

I also have a horrible hacking cough that keeps waking me up at night.  Last night it was waking me up at 4:30 AM and since I didn't go to bed until 2:30 AM (I magically had all of this energy until 2:30AM) I'm super tired right now and coughing hard enough to give myself a headache.  I feel like death warmed over and I already canceled DS's speech therapist appointment this afternoon and my weekly OB appointment this afternoon for a HB check.  I want to go home and take a nap but I know that won't happen because as soon as I come in the door my kids are magically done with their naps and want some mom time, which normally I'm happy to give but tonight I just want to go to bed and sleep.

• Options
    fatstagnationfatstagnation member
    edited December 2017
    nancysimp said:
    28 weeks pregnant. Monitoring my platelet count...I'm at 118 right now. Apparently I may not be able to have an epidural if too low. May need to see an anesthesiologist to discuss other ways to manage pain. Ugh. Morphine to take "the edge" off etc. Please, powers that be, don't make this harder than it needs to be. My gosh I'm a weakling, I have dizzy spells...I can't even imagine not having an epidural. Blah.
    So sorry to hear this. :( 

Have you looked into hypnobirthing or other techniques? I think they help us manage our fears as much as the actual pain. Some prenatal yoga might help with this too. It's been helping me "accept the things I can't control," and general FTM anxieties. There are lots of free videos on YouTube if you don't have/can't afford classes near you.  
    Also ask the anesthesiologist about nitrous oxide. It's approved for birth, doesn't affect baby as much as morphine type stuff (from what I've read, no expert), but might not be offered in all hospitals. 

edit: and don't feel bad if you use the morphine or whatever works best for you! 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    And. I’m. Done. Just got the call that my bacterial vaginosis still isn’t gone. I’m now starting antibiotic attempt 4. This has been over a month. I have tried eating yogurt, avoided baths, no sex, no scented soaps or detergents... Gahhhh. I’d take a probiotic but my doctor said hold off since there’s not enough literature out there about them?? Weird. I’m getting nervous that this isn’t going away and I’m really uneasy about taking antibiotics for a month now. This can’t be good. Aaaaand this new antibiotic commonly causes diarrhea. The pharmacist warned me it’s highly likely. Just in time for my brother and his wife to stay with us for 3 nights and we’re hosting my family’s Christmas festivities all day Saturday. 
  • Options
    @StephBrim24 which antibiotic is it?
  • Options
    @chasingroygbiv - It’s the Clindamycin pill. I did the cream suppository of Clindamycin last time, Metrogel before that, and a different pill before that. 
  • Options
    @StephBrim24 I don’t think that’s what I had. I will cross my fingers for no stomach upset for you! With whatever I was given I was warned I should be near a bathroom whenever I took it— nope. Still terribly constipated the entire time I took it.
  • Options
    @fatstagnation thank you for the care and ideas. :) I will look into yoga etc. Hopefully my platelets don't drop that low where this becomes real. I do want the epidural but also want to be prepared with making a different decision if I must. Sigh 
  • Options
    Re: probiotics - Is anyone taking them regularly? Now that I’ve made it through the 1 hour test, I think the last hurtle is the “butt swab” as my last BMB affectionally called it. Mine came back negative last time, but I’ve heard probiotics can help prevent GBS. 
  • Options
    missnc77  several of us are taking the Rainbow Bright Prenatals that have a probiotic in them. So yes, taking some probiotic every day and I also eat yogurt most days. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @missnc77 My OB and RE both told my Align probiotics were good for pregnancy--I have gone back and forth on keeping up with them though, and I also have yogurt almost every day. 
  • Options
    When is the GBS swab again?  Third timer here and I still can't remember :D I have to up my yogurt intake (haven't been eating them regularly because of the dairy issue) but I want to make sure I'm rather regular on yogurt when I get the swab, just in case.  I was GBS positive last time but since it was a planned induction I was able to get the necessary 4 hours of antibiotics before birth so it wasn't a big deal.  I have a feeling this one will be an induction also but you never know!
  • Options
    Well now I wish I hadn't just googled GBS swab. Really looking forward to that. :neutral:
  • Options
    Warning: may be gross.

Woke up 4 am, three nights in a row feeling stuffy and a bit difficult to breath. This time had a full out nose bleed like a faucet running. Blood all over my pillow :( It took a good 10 mins of pinching my nose to stop. I learned you should tilt your head forward not backward per tons of tips online. Glad I looked it up because my throat was already getting some blood in there. Platelets are low so I'm thinking it's a part of that. Gonna call my OB on Monday to let her know since she was asking about nosebleeds last week. Thinking about getting a humidifier since its winter and maybe the air quality doesn't help.
    Trying my best to get my sleep in before baby changes my world. <3
  • Options
    @nancysimp that sounds awful!! I've never experienced pregnant nosebleeds but I'm pretty sure I don't want to. Hope it is all good - please let us know what your OB says tomorrow!!
  • Options
    @nancysimp Oh that sounds awful!! I hope you can get it under control. Just an FYI, make sure you don’t lean too far forward when you have a nosebleed. My brother used to get chronic ones as a kid and was once told to put his head between his knees...cue blood coming out of his eyes and him thinking he was dying.  :s DEFINITELY don’t want that for you!!
  • Options
    @nancysimp That sucks! I hope you get some answers from your OB. I'd definitely try a humidifier too. 

Welp, this week officially marks the beginning of heartburn and carpal tunnel for me. I swear if you randomly mention 40 possible pregnancy symptoms I will have 39 of them. Not cool.