July 2018 Moms

Symptoms (11/20)

Re: Symptoms (11/20)

• The vomiting has begun :disappointed:

I threw up from 5 weeks to a few days before I gave birth my first pregnancy. I was hoping this time would be different, but nope. Right on time. 
  • @acunamatada I wonder if your nausea if triggered by smells? At any rate, I hope you feel better! 
    Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
  • Loading the player...
  • @stlmegs that's what I'm thinking too, but I haven't noticed any rhyme or reason to the nausea so I have no idea what might be triggering it
  • We hosted Thanksgiving at our house, and even the thought of opening the fridge makes me gag a little. All the leftover smells... even the milk carton stinks of turkey day goods. I'm honestly thinking of throwing all the pyrex away with the food inside and buying new because I can't handle it. 
  • runsomewhererunsomewhere member
    edited November 2017
    Lelo2006 said:
    anyone else disgusted by meat? I feel like it’s not clean enough or something. My dad was making prime rib sandwiches earlier and I almost barfed. The whole house smelled like meat and it was disgusting
    During my last pregnancy I was repulsed by raw meat, especially chicken. I had no morning sickness but raw chicken was so disgusting to me.

I just hit week 7 and still no symptoms. Maybe a little more hungry and tired or possibly just lazy and likes food lol
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • The dreams, you guys....the vivid and bizarre dreams..... so so strange!!! 
  • @pregnant_and_paleo the dreams are my favorite part! I think it was my first symptom too. We have a whole thread of ridiculous dreams somewhere on here too, it's great  :D
  • @acunamatada I’ll have to find that board to add my insanity to it! I’ve woken up laughing several times
  • I don’t remember being this exhausted with my son. Hopefully I’ll have some energy tomorrow for work.
  • ashbub714ashbub714 member
    edited November 2017
    Does anyone else feel like their heart is beating way fast all the time? Im going to ask my dr about it but i noticed when i was snuggled up on the couch watching a movie that I could feel it beating and it almost felt like it was goinh to beat out of my chest. 

I got seriously nauseous trying to help DH prep the turkey. The smell and watching him do it was just a bit to much and almost made me throw up. I had the samr thing happen at my moms earlier tonight during dinner. I got super hot and felt super sick. I went and sat in the other room and put my head back and felt better. 
    Yes to heart beating super fast lately. Fitbit resting heart rate has gone from 65 to 73 and it’s like I can feel it now. I chock it up to growing a human :)
  • Whoa! Fatigue has hit me like a ton of bricks. All I want to do is lay on the couch and sleep. It’s awful. I think my husband is already sick of hearing “I’m tired” so freaking often. Does this go away or just get worse?? Please tell me it goes away!  :#
  • @ashbub714 for me it went away only to be replaced with restless nights because i was so uncomfortable and my hips hurt so much. So just a different kind of tired 
  • @wildtot that is NOT what I wanted to hear... :( But thank you for responding  :)

What caused your hips to hurt? Or was that later on after the bump started to grow?
  • @ashbub714 yeah once the bump started. Eventually you can only sleep in your sides and i got really uncomfortable. My sciatica flared up like no other it was horrible. I eventually slept sitting/reclined but that eventually became uncomfortable too because i got lightning crotch. Kinda feels like the baby is kicking your cervix about to pop out. Then my son was a kicker at night. 
  • @wildtot @ashbub714 I had the hip hurts too! With my first it didn't start til second tri, with my second it was much earlier. I had to switch sides constantly! Sometimes  a pillow helped but if I ever had to switch sides, I had to re-situate the pillow, which was a huge PIA. 

I had some crazy pains on the right side of my lower abdomen, by my hip bone. I was so nervous I couldnt even have sex last night because I was sure it was something bad. Its gone today and I woke up nauseous so I'm trying to ignore it. 
  • @SmashJam @wildtot @ashbub714 my hip has been bothering me already too, I've been sleeping on my back and I'm normally a side sleeper. A pillow hasn't even been doing much, I suspect it'll only get worse as it goes on :/
  • @acunamatada OMG I'm glad I'm not the only one although I'm so sorry you were sick too. This is seriously the worst. I never get sick, I think the last time was 5years ago. I have so much more respect for cold medicines now that I can't take anything! I'm super congested today, I think it's at its peak... already called my boss saying I won't be working tomorrow.
  • Am I the only one who's hungry ALL THE TIME? I've been hungry since like 3 weeks 5 days (currently at 5+4) and it won't let up. I can eat until I feel physically full but I still have hunger pains. I thought you weren't supposed to be this hungry until 2nd trimester according to my google searches haha. I've been eating so much Indian food that my husband asked if it was safe for the baby. I had to remind him that, um, there are women who live in India who eat Indian food 100% of the time while pregnant.  :D 
  • I have fatigue, nausea, sore breasts. But so far I don't feel that bad. I have an ache at the bottom right hand side that makes me feel a little concerned. Hoping for the best.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I have had a little bit of nausea but not too bad.  My mom said she didn't have bad morning sickness with me so I am keeping my fingers crossed that I am the same way.  The bathroom breaks are getting annoying!!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
  • nausea is so bad. I am miserable. I got those sea bands because i was desperate  to get through thanksgiving prep and Thanksgiving without giving away my secret, it actually helped. I managed to get through both days and all of the smells even enjoying my meals. I haven’t decided whether it was my mind or if the bands actually work. Either way I thought they were worth the money.  I don’t think they’ve been working as great sense but my husband pointed out that maybe once I go back to work tomorrow and my mind is busy that I won’t focus so much on the nausea and it won’t be so debilitating. The only times I have actually thrown up has been during our Thanksgiving break so maybe once my routine is back to normal I won’t be so miserable.
  • Humble brag: my leg hair stops growing when I’m pregnant. It did last pregnancy too. I’m a special snowflake.
    ME TOO! One of the best perks! 

• @wildtot has your sciatic flared up yet? mine started again last night some. I am hoping its just from travel and bad beds the last few nights. I am not sure I can handle it this early. 

I also definitelh am having the restless nights too just wake up a lot not sure why 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• @MyBigFatGreekFetus seriously?! that is amazing! I am so jealous haha
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• I threw up 3x this evening. I may call in sick tomorrow so I can sleep all day while the kids are in daycare. 

Isabella & Julian & and now #3!
  • @lelo2006 Yes! Meat sounds absolutely horrid. I'm going to have to start bringing Greek yogurt into my diet more.

Still have mild symptoms which was way different than week 4 &5. I just want sleep. All. The. Time. I've got the bloat, and just wanting plain food.
  • The vomiting has begun. I guess, at the very least, it makes the nausea useful as it helps quicken the process? Trying to look on the bright side...
  • @lindsayleigh1989 it come and goes but i suspect it to get worse. I blame it on my husband for taking over majority of the bed not allowing me to sleep in a comfortable position. This why i keep pushing for a king bed lol especially when the pillows are introduced 
  • King beds are life @wildtot!! 
  • I'm at six weeks today. I've never in my life had so much acne. My entire body hurts. I was just starting to get over a bad illness when I tested positive. Headaches, cramps, nerve pain in my feet. I'm anxious and cannot focus. Tons of dizziness and nausea but no vomiting(yet). Boobs are incredibly heavy horrible meck and back pain. Pretty sure I have pregnancy brain or I've lost my marbles. This is my first so I have no idea if this is all normal or bad. So many symptoms.
  • @wildtot My DH, who is 6’5”, is also arguing against getting a King sized bed!? I’ve threatened  him that as I get bigger and a giant body pillow moves into the bed, we either get a King or he sleeps elsewhere. I’m also now threatening to just buy one and have it delivered when he’s not home. :) any good tactics on your side?
  • @wildtot @ashbub714 yessssss. So. Very. Tired. All the time. And prior to getting pregnant I had been struggling with terrible insomnia so it’s a complete 180. It’s nice to finally be sleeping again but now it’s all I want to do. 

imageimage

• @wildtot @pretzellover I need a king bed! I've got myself a 100lb lab that wants to sleep ON my feet and an even larger DH that practically sleeps on/in a pillow fort, leaving me approximately 8" of space. I got so fed up towards the end of my last pregnancy I actually spent a few nights on the couch- slept so much better! 
  • I had the craziest thing happen today! I didn't really have to pee super bad or anything (so I had't been using muscles to hold it) and just went to the bathroom. I had this crazy pain like when you get a muscle cramp in your foot all the way from my way lower abdomen into the top of my vagina as I peed, and then after my entire vagina felt like a tight, tired, overworked muscle. It's somewhat gone now, but I find it very weird.
  • Luckily this time around we have a guest bedroom with a nice firm mattress. I felt like mine was to soft towards the end last time. I already told DH I’ll be opting for that bed if he doesn’t give me (and my pillows) space. DS also likes to sleep the last hour with us which can’t be happening then. I’m gonna miss that part.
  • @wildtot @pretzellover @acunamatada we upgraded to a king size bed when we moved into our house a year ago and it has been the best decision ever! We absolutely love it! We cuddle as we fall asleep and as we start to wake up in the mornings but all night we have all the space we need! I could never go back. You all need to convince he significant others!!! ;)
  • @SmashJam weird! Vagina Charlie horse?
  • @ashbub714 @wildtot @pretzellover @acunamatada we have a king as well and my husband sleeps directly in the center-what he calls the "apex." So basically we might as well have a twin. He believes that the bed we had custom made has a gap in the platform that pieces together holding the mattress, and the point in the exact middle is higher than his side.   :/
  • @acunamatada yes! like that. or when you stretch and your calf muscles tense up. The only thing i can think of is i did a beachbody prenatal video yesterday and there was a side plank move (wtf can't I get out of planks pregnant?) that felt a little weird in the pelvic floor region, so maybe its just feeling tweaked. A tweaked tw*t. Ha.
  • Legit LOL over tweaked tw*t @SmashJam. Sorry for your weird pain but thanks for the chuckle.